30 Day April 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
30 Day April 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 2,616 replies, has 179 voices, and was last updated by  Chubbybiker 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,951 through 2,000 (of 2,621 total)

• @annnursekirk So glad you said it. I weigh on Saturday after my FD’s and I pee first.🤣 Literally could be an extra lb. or more.
    @annnursekirk you have already lost 3kg : 6.61 lbs. this month on the 16th Congratulations✨✨🎉. 💃✨💃
    Both @fordprefect and I are happy on FD’s that we don’t have to make an elaborate dinner. We make the twins dinners on the weekend. Then they can just pull out the chicken, steak or salmon and veggies from the freezer and heat them up! ✨

We are all taking steps hoping that they will count and work out.✨✨Some times the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life.✨✨You Got this!✨✨We got you!✨✨Together we are stronger!✨✨

Day 21 – USA – NFD

Day 22 NZ NFD

Sardines never looked so good in a salad 🐟🐟🐟🐟 lol

Day 22/NFD/Melbourne Australia

Busy day yesterday caring for young grandchildren. A touch of insomnia so I’ve finally caught up with 2 days of posts. Phew

@fatrabbit and @bert great posts.

@okeydokey thank you. Couldn’t agree more, making this a WOL and losing and keeping off weight has everything to do with creating healthy habbits.

@annnursekirk Excellent responses. I can understand how you feel. My comment about my ‘friend’/work colleague (She who could not be avoided) and her undermining left me wondering about myself. That’s the trouble with toxic or inconsiderate people their words and actions have a far greater impact then they should. It’s hard to shake them off, especially when we’re feeling tired or vulnerable. I shouldn’t have been surprised by the reaction to my comment, but I was. I’m still carrying the scars from being verbally bullied in my teens. Forty odd years on it still has an impact. Takes me a long time to trust people and to open up. Thank you all. Thiis is such a great and caring forum it goes far beyond support for weightloss.

@steve toon taxi driver Had a fun game of futsal in the park with my 3 year old grandson and my OH and the best part was not feeling self conscious because those ‘wobbly bits’ didn’t beat me to the ball! The ‘wobbly bits’ wouldn’t have stopped me playing before but my fitness would have. Watching my father’s deterioration and loss of independence as a result of type 2 diabetes and poor lifestyle choices was the main reason I began 5:2. I really, really, really want to stay independent as long as possible. Good health is my priority, anything else a bonus.

@coda I bet you’re surprised at what you started. I love that these challenges are personal and not a competition.

@calamitycazza I second @metatauta Eating protein and veggies on fast days is the way to go. I’d also suggest saving the majority of calories for an evening meal. Eating small meals throughout the day makes me very hungry, obsessive and the day seems way too long! Keeping busy, drinking lots of fluids also helps.

@annnursekirk It’s amazing how much you can eat on a fast day if you prepare food from scratch. My favourite foods are large bowls of homemade soup, an egg dish called Shakshuka, a salmon fillet with loads of veg or salad and a homemade yoghurt tartare sauce or a vegan chili. I’m also very fond of poaching a whole chicken with loads of veg and serving with a variety of mustards. I use the resulting broth and leftovers to make soups. My OH and grandchildren eat the same food I prepare for myself. Most of the food can be prepared in advance. I know I’ve posted this link before, but she really was my inspiration https://thepaddingtonfoodie.com/the-5-2-challenge/

Enjoy your weekend. I know I will.

This helped me “Make weight loss your hobby and not your latest obsession.”

Day 22 / UK / NFD

@at Lesson understood rather than learnt. In my family so much is communicated via food and I live so far away. I think sending chocolate is a fairly easy thing for my family to show their affection and I am finding it hard to say “can you please not send any more, I am not eating this anymore.” It almost feels as if I am rejecting their love… so not sure what to do. The posh pralines my aunt sent over for my birthday I took straight into the office. I am not too fussed about them anyway. But red Lindts are just the best!

In other news, today’s FD was surprisingly okay. I got tempted here and there, but withstood and feel like I am slowwwly climbing onto the bandwagon again. Tomorrow shall be the only *scheduled* NFD of the week and then we go into a new round.

Day 21, USA, FD!

Day 21 USA FD

I haven’t been logging but I’ve still been trying. Fast day today… I find they aren’t that hard. I’ve also found that travel days are also a good fast day in general.

Day 21 NFD St. Louis USA
    Weight 141 lbs down 3 lbs this month 6 since I started.

Good luck and happy weekend all.

Hello peeps!

Day 3. Fast day. Weight 81 kilos /bodyfat 24.7%

After two days of failure, I made it today… woohooo! I know I just need to get some momentum going and kill that pudge…. I’m following a 20:4 fast daily, so every day is a fast day for me… I add in a total fast day periodicially as welll (depending on workout timings – long runs after 24 hours of fasting dont work for me… I get lightheaded and have to stop)… that said, this is the method that has worked for me in the past, without question, so Im so glad to be getting back on it… thanks for being here my fellow fasties – I know I couldnt do it without you!

Hugs,
    Lucas

Day 21 NFD Melbourne, Australia
    Day 22 NFD

Thanks @lany36 and @onahealthyhigh for your replies and tips (don’t think I have the dermatitis btw).
    I’ve been doing a lot more reading on the relationship between our gut and our skin. I think I need to work on building a healthy microbiome and that means changing what I eat not just how much and when. Skin issues are definitely a sign of an unhealthy gut and that may mean cutting out some types of food e.g. dairy or grains. I’m going to try the grains first.

@skinnylove my family graciously returned a gift box of maltesers because they wanted to concentrate on losing weight. It’s taken me a week to eat them🙁 and I don’t even like them! I don’t eat sugar. I just couldn’t toss them out! So be generous accept the gifts and give them away. It may just save your family’s waist line!

Day 21, Staring at the Sun (what is that bright shiny thing in the shy? Haven’t seen it in years.lol) USA, NFD

@onahealthyhigh Thanks for posting the link. It’s Inspiring me to make some healthy dishes. https://thepaddingtonfoodie.com/the-5-2-challenge/
    @erikaa67 and @60andstrong Awesome 😎 to hear about your FD’s!
    @minnygirl I love your locations 😊 Staring at the sun! ✨Dancing in the rain ✨🌈✨👍

@okeydokey. I’m supposed to put a location, but no one said it had to be a state or city! Lol

Day 20 Florida USA NFD I’d like to do better on NFD’s. Chocolate, potato chips, and ice cream are my temptations. I have them in normal portions but they are “empty” calories.
    Day 21 Florida USA NFD This was supposed to be a FD but I have to push it into tomorrow because we got invited out. I’m ready for tomorrow- looking forward to it.

day 21. Sydney Australia.
    sorry @okeydokey I have not posted for a few days as had to travel unexpectedly so no FDs this week but very controlled calorie intake. No weight loss but have maintained. Will weigh tomorrow and report on FD soon.

Day 22, Germany, NFD

Day 22 – UAE – FD

Good day, I will be doing a 3 day fas starting today …

Day 22 – NZ – changing from NFD to FD

I’ve got a cold and sore throat etc. Been to the doctor and prescribed anti-biotics and steroids. Hope I don’t gain too much weight from the steroids.

Day 22 UK FD800

I haven’t lost anything for a few days and have an upwards blip this morning to 194.4 and have been really tired this week. This is either revenge of the carbs or my hormones cycling, or attempting to cycle, menopause interfering probably. But at least it is a lovely sunny morning and the garden is looking lovely, flowers everywhere:)) And lots of happy rabbits enjoying the long days outside in the runs. I don’t have to shut them in until 8pm now. We started to take the winter covers off the hutches but have stopped because there are some cold nights forecast. The old rabbits still have theirs fortunately. And nobun has started moulting properly yet so they still have their winter coats so the younger ones will be fine too.

Day 22, Switzerland, FD
    Must get some exercise. It’s something I’m not great with. I always seem to find “more important” things to do although I know it is key to this WOL.
    Good luck to all FDers and NFDers 🌈🌈🌈🌈

Day 22 FD 800 Portugal
    Day 21 FD 800

This is fourth FD this week, although not of the 500 cal kind. Trying to reset after Easter overeating. Not sure I will have actually lost anything extra. Will weigh tomorrow.

Day 22, Germany, NFD
    Day 23, Germany, NFD

Day 21 Croatia Nfd
    Weight: 77.7 kg

Day 22 Newcastle UK NFD.
    Weight 203 down 0.5lbs Which is good due to the excesses of Easter. The 3 fast days either side of Easter really helped. Back to the 2 FD next week might try back to back as I’ve read that there’s better health benefits doing them that way.
    Neck 16.25″ down .75″
    Chest 42.5″ same
    Waist 40″ down 1.5″
    Hip 39.5″ down .5″
    The rowing machine is definitely helping the inches falling off.
    Yesterday I managed to close the top button on my shirt without it strangling me lol.
    I still feel I let myself down with the pig out Saturday night and Easter Sunday hopefully lesson learned.
    I started the 5/2 on the 13th of March 15.8lbs and now 14.7lbs
    April’s challenge has given me the motivation to keep focused. Thanks to everyone on the group for your input. Let’s all make this last week a good one.

Day 22 UK FD 🌈

🐲Dragon slayed for yesterday. Funny how struggling but accomplishing a FD puts you in a good frame of mind for the 2nd FD, 😁so carrying on today after successful FD yesterday.

Scales are being much friendlier now, I think it was a bit standoffish and shy to begin with, still Easter Bunny damage 🐰🍫but by tommorrow hopefully that will be reduced, annoying little bunny overstaying her welcome!

Have a good day all, I’m off to the gym, make this day count, aiming to end the month lower in weight than I started it.

Good luck team!!

Day 22 UK NFD

Day 22 – Cumbria UK – NFD

The excesses of Easter have been dealt with – Weight this morning 54.8kg 💃

Busy weekend ahead and the sun is shining in Cumbria if a bit chilly!!

Positive vibes to all on a FD or a NFD – Stay strong!

Newcastle sunny & chilly
    Day 22
    NFD
    Well not sure what is happening but the new scales as I am 67.4 kgs today. Therefore a bit down
    So that if I am correct is up.
    Maybe the old scales were out but not sure now where I am.
    Will be trying extra hard to eat less on NFD.
    Thank for the tips will look at more home made meals as well from now on.

Day 22 – Tokyo, Japan – NFD 79.1kg

@at – GREAT JOB!

Thanks for the well wishes. I slept a lot last night and I needed it. I’m just too old to go with less than 6 hours of sleep! I was running on 3. 35 years ago I could work all night and just sleep normally the next night. Those days are gone!

Day 22 UK NFD

Day 21 Belfast NFD
    Day 22 FD
    Returned from an extended break with excess baggage, feeling bloated and am not going to post my weight because I’m ashamed. Why do I do it to myself? I feel as if I’m starting this WOL from scratch. One of the problems with my having retired is that my OH is mad to travel, and while I enjoy it to a point, the jobs at home get neglected and so does my self control. I know that some of the excess is just water and I’m really going to knuckle down (again). Cup half empty today 😢 Will settle down this evening and catch up with 8 days worth of posts.

Day 22 Germany NFD
    I finally managed a proper FD yesterday after doing them not very well since the beginning of the month. I think for me it’s important to plan, otherwise I just forget I’m supposed to be on a FD!!
    Down 0.8 kg today from the last time I got weighed about 10 days ago, so that’s fine.

Have a good day everyone.

2nd post 🌈

Ahh @debster251 don’t feel sad, just draw a line and get back to it. I gave myself 4 days off after Easter which turned into the following 4 too, however I realised I was busy, wasn’t reading posts and wasn’t feeling too good about it at all. So I gritted my teeth, challenged myself to just complete one FD properly (yesterday) I read posts especially when feeling the strain, I kept busy and today just completing that one day really well I felt good, even got up and went to the gym this morning.

So it doesn’t matter what u did, if not feeling good or happy, change what u do going forward, you can’t change the past.

Good luck and don’t feel sad, and enjoy your travelling. Focus on new adventures, and new sights etc. Chin up!!! 🌺🌸🌷flowers to make u smile.

Day 22 Maine NFD, but CD

Good morning all! Another cool dreary day here in Maine…sure am missing the sunshine. It’s school vacation here & the hotel is crazy busy. Not fully staffed yet, so gets pretty chaotic – indoor pool is down from front desk area – lots of very active children. I do feel bad that all these guests are spending so much money & the weather is keeping them from enjoying our beautiful area. So far, only one guest has taken it out on the staff – fortunately, I wasn’t there – heard she was pretty nasty….thought we should police behavior at the pool because parents weren’t doing a good enough job. She was refunded her money & shown the door!

Well, no control over weather or people – can only control my eating! Yesterday was so busy – no time to eat at work. Dermatologist app’t right after, so fasted ’till dinner. We stopped at our favorite restaurant – I could have chose better. I had 2 fish tacos – fried – hope I didn’t do to much damage. Sure were delicious! But, I can do better today!

@okey-dokey – hubby used a little sesame oil for stir frying the cauliflower rice – just a little, but sure gave nice flavor w/ garlic. W/celery, shredded carrots, peas, mushrooms & scrambled egg. Some chopped almonds & green onions on top.

@fatrabbit – love hearing about the bunnies!

Hang in there everybody – April’s almost over! Make it a great day & super weekend!

2nd post

Happy Earth Day to my fellow fasters from all over this wonderful planet! Take a moment to appreciate this beautiful planet we call home!

Day 22 – FIN – FD

We had guests last night for dinner and I did enjoy everything that was being served, so I didn’t end the day in a good way at all after the afternoon’s candy binge. Overall, I ate too much and it did not feel good. I woke up still feeling full this morning and decided to turn the day into a fast. This week is thus a first 4:3 for me. I’m also partially hoping today’s fast will be enough to trick the scales tomorrow and continue the recent streak of decreasing numbers. Also, no sweets tomorrow as I’ve already had my share of those this week.

Crazy weather today – everything from sunshine to hail to the current mix of rain and snow.

Day 22, Newcastle UK, CD

Yesterday was controlled in that I mindfully chose to eat everything that I did, and enjoyed it. After 7.5 hours of very hard gardening I knew my TDEE for yesterday would take it. Today I’m relaxing so will have to be more careful. Whilst the scales keep going up and down (I know it’s fluids/food in transit), I am feeling good and a friend, whom I hadn’t seen for around 6 weeks, remarked at the end of our evening together on Thursday – “you’ve lost stacks of weight!”. So that pleased me no end.

@dykask – we watched a programme last night – Spring Watch from Japan – which was all about the Sakura picnics in Tokyo. It looked amazing and was great to see after reading your account of it the other week. They also showed overhead photography of how the trees come into blossom from the bottom of Japan right up to the top over a period of weeks/months. That was a spectacular sight too.

@debster251@lynzm is quite right. Don’t give the past a second thought. Just get back on the wagon and press the reset button. This WOL allows us to do our best for our health AND enjoy ourselves. Two steps forward, one step back but keep moving forward.

@johnnyr – where are you????

Have a great weekend everyone, whatever you’re doing.

Day 22 – South Korea – NFD

Day 22 – USA (Illinois) – NFD

off to judge music choir contest, day 2

Day 22. Gloucestershire, UK: NFD.

I’ve started to look back over my food diary for this time last year, when I was so successful with fast-days and weight-loss. What was it exactly that I did/ate?
    I started the challenges with Coda last May and lost 28 pounds altogether by September, reaching my goal weight, BUT then, mentally, things started to slip. Once a goal is reached, the hard part is maintaining it, I’ve found.
    Anyway I’m 10 pounds up on my goal (yes, STILL…) and currently unable to fast properly….but I WILL get back on the wagon….eventually!!

It’s a beautiful, sunny day here in the Cotswolds today and my long weekend off from work at the Royal Mail so I’m going to relax a bit and soak up the sun.

Thank you Strawberriesmand Lynx. Have pressed the reset button. Saw that programme too. Dykask, it looks just amazing!

Day 22…. Florida…..NFD

Okay, so I’m down 4/10th of a lb since April 1st. I’m gonna take it, this month has been a total struggle. Lately, If Im lucky, I get one solid FD in a week. I have. Come to the conclusion, that as long as the scales are not moving in an upward motion, I’m going be happy with what I have.
    Sometimes for my well being, we must be happy with what I am given so I can move forward. By being upset or angry with what we don’t have, we will continue to have very little.
    Many times, I know I have thought about it as I’m sure many of you have too, is this worth it. Is what I’m trying to achieve worth all the ups and downs, I face on a daily basis. Can I move forward, will I become complacent or will I back slide?
    Isn’t this the critical moment we all reach at some point, and decide where we will be in the future? Is my hopes for moving forward, making me complacent in my will to be successful? These are the questions, I’ve asked myself everyday this month.
    Now, I guess my only option is move it or lose it. Either I’m going to stand right here or I’m going to move for the change I need!

Be classy, sassy and a bit bad assy!

Just starting out.. began fasting 18th April. fast every 24 hours then eat lightly… original weight 11st `12lbs.. so haven’t jumped on the old worn out scales yet… its weigh in on Tuesday… loving the fasting and meditation helps me to relax and focus.. My evening meals start a lot earlier. 5pm previously at all hours.. so fasting has made me think about my eating habits amongst others but its all mentally challenging too.. much aware of diets and hidden sugars,, grrrr.. but wow has fasting been an eye opener to many things involving health..

Keep positive and keep going..

Day 22, London, UK, FD

Busy morning shopping for new underwear and having my hair done, more baggy knickers relegated to the ‘rag’ box – I expect the next time I’m cleaning windows with my old ‘big-girl’ pants, I’ll be amazed by their parachute-like proportions!!!!!

Controlled NFD yesterday, it was such a busy day that the tempting treats remained untouched and I ended up just under TDEE without feeling like I had missed out on those treats I usually plan for NFDs…… a corner has been turned………. I hope!!

Good luck today everyone, keep the 5:2 faith!!!

Day 22 – US – NFD CD
    wt 158.2lbs
    Well @metatauta, “Cruella” has struck again. @fordperfect and I had a great week. I had 5FD’s. He had 3 FD’s. We each look as though we’ve lost weight and “tightened up” this week. Yet when we stepped on the scale after a week I still weighed 159.2lbs🙄😱😪. He weighed 246.6 so according to “cruella” he gained 1.4 lbs. 😱. We both have allergies. Lots of pollen, we both take Claritin and Flonase. I wonder if it could be inflammation and water retention. ✨We both think our scale is off. We may need to get another scale.
    I’m going to continue on with a CD/NFD today. I may just have another FD out of stubbornness. So far it’s a FD.
    We walked daily this week. When I do FD’s I don’t eat anything on 1st and 2nd FD, 3rd I have a tomato, Tablespoon of ACV and olive oil, small portion of smoked salmon and onions. 4th and 5th day are nothing, drank water.
    Could it have been the Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and olive oil dressing?
    I have been stressed out about going to the dentist. I wonder if that could slow weight loss.

@scs That sounds delicious, we will try that!
    ✨🌈✨Happy Earth day!✨
    @ciren2 Is it possible we lose weight faster at the beginning of our weight loss journey?
    @taraga Wishing you well on your FD and the next 2 after that. Keep us posted😊
    @triplet hope you are feeling better soon. Well wishes on your FD today.✨
    @fatrabbit Your bunnies 🐰 sound delightful.🐇🕊
    @johnnyr I would love to hear how you are doing. Wishing you well.✨

Today I am going to remember this✨I Hope it helps others in our April Challenge group as well.✨
    ✨Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity, but in doing it.✨- The Empowered Momma
    Have a Happy FD, NFD as well as a Happy CD.😇🕊🌈🕊😊

Perth AUS – AWOL!

I’ve been lurking since the start of this month! Haven’t been checking in, but read through to see how you’re all going. Always great for inspiration! Thought I should pop in and say hi 😀

Have been coasting along. I would say the p-word (plateau) but I think coasting sounds nicer :-P. I haven’t put any weight or centrimetres back on, have just been 5:2-ing (not extra HIIT stuff I’d planned) so gotta be happy about that.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Day 22 USA NFD

Day 22 – USA – FD

Viewing 50 posts - 1,951 through 2,000 (of 2,621 total)

You must be logged in to reply.