3 weeks in and going strong

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
3 weeks in and going strong

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Kimmillar84 9 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Hi all!
    I started the 5:2 3 weeks ago at 10 stone 6 and never believed I’d get just such good (and consistent) results with what appears to be so much less effort and stress than a ‘regular’ diet! I’ve lost 4 pounds in 3 weeks and weighed in this morning at 10 stone 2! At 28 and 5’4 I’m hoping to get back to my university weight of 8 and a half stone (which suits me as I have a very slight frame). I’ve been up and down in weight on yo yo diets and crash diets and juice diets (you name it!) over the last few years, going from 9 stone to 10 and a half and back again. This diet however seems so much more sustainable and although slower, worth it in the long run! Reading all your comments has been so motivating; if anyone wants a diet buddy, I’m available! I’m fasting every Monday and Thursday and will be weighing in here every Tuesday morning. Good luck to all my fellow 5:2 newbies (and veterans)!

Well done you….

I’ve also just started ( 1 week in) and down 1 lb.

I’m only 4″10 so this is going to be a slow but hopefully steady process for me

I think one pound a week is the norm and any time you get more is a bonus, so you’re doing really well!

Hey there. Also started 3 weeks ago. Weight after the first week was -1kg. But then nothing happened for a week. Today’s measurement show -1,5 cm around the belly. Weight check is Sat. Doing 4:3 this week but usually so 5:2.
    I’m really feel lighter and better. And I seem to loose fat. Which is great as I’m a high blood pressure patient and have been told by the doc to loose some weight . Are you guys doing 5:2 or another version of it?

Hello

I’m a 3 weeker too. My fast days are Monday and Wednesday and trying to stick to them, but also keeping an eye on the other days.

6lb down so far for me.

Trying to now start to do more exercise too.

Best wishes

Hi all – 7 weeks in for me and down 12 lbs. So a little under 2 pounds a week. I am doing lots of exercise but not really counting on my non fast days. Some weeks I am doing 4:3 and some weeks I break my fast on one of those days so don’t eat all day but don’t limit what I eat in the evening so I guess that is 4.5/2.5… It is working for me.
    Good Luck with your journeys… I hope, like me, you quickly realise this is no quick fix but a way of life. I am 35 and a good friend said something to me over the weekend that really hit home….

It doesn’t take just a few weeks to put right several years of abuse!!!!!

How true that is…..

Hi, I’m 22 year old female, 170cm tall and last weigh in was 82kg, my heaviest ever 🙁 Just finished my 3rd week and I don’t own scales so I’m really not sure if I’m seeing a difference! Feeling rather unmotivated as I was very grumpy today while fasting 🙁 and headachey and my friends ate chocolate cake in front of me!

My fasting regime (twice a week, days subject to my schedule) has been wholegrain toast with a small poached egg for breakfast and then nothing until dinner where I eat a very small portion of whatever my flatmates have cooked, if its something unhealthy ill skip and go for a salad but usually its pretty good food. I’m worried Im eating too much on fast days. I definitely feel the hunger though.

I find the mental strength of resisting eating is not too bad only hard in the evenings. It definitely has given me a better perspective on food and portions in general, if I eat too much on a non-fast day i feel ill, and I find it much easier to resist bad food any day of the week. I also feel more mentally alert and able to keep up with exercising easily.

I currently run around 10km up to 3 times a week, practice yoga, strength training at the gym and have just started jiu jitsu so I consider myself very fit but I find it very unmotivating that I keep gaining weight. Can anyone give me any advice on my fasting regime and tell me when they started seeing results? Cheers

Hi Neeve86x!
    All speaks for us to become 5:2 buddies 🙂
    I’m 5’4, 9 stones and 8 pounds (ok, I have no idea whether it’s right because I live in Germany and here it’s 61kg and 166cm).
    I’m also trying to go back to my university weight.
    I fast on Mondays and Thursdays, cooking my veggies for today as we speak. Let’s be diet buddies, let me know what you think 🙂
    Best,
    M

Hi all!

Took a week off from fasting as I started a new job and although I tried, couldn’t manage the stress and the fasting at the same time! Back on track since last week and I’m down to 10 stone! I’m trying to keep my calorie intake at around 12/1300 on my non-fast days so hopefully I can lost about a pound and a half a week. I have a very swanky wedding coming up at the end of May so I’m hoping to be around 9 stone or a little above by then. Sunflower-ph I’m doing 5:2 but might switch to 5:3 on some weeks depending on how much progress I see! Cakey-Wakey I need to do more exercise too but I’m so lazy…I’m trying to do 20 mins running every morning but if it’s raining I tend to opt for a sleep in instead…

Jonno79 I completely agree with you – this is no quick fix – slow and steady wins the race! YoungG if you’re feeling tempted in the evening I would try drinking water or herbal/green tea or maybe brushing your teeth once you’re finished eating for the day – an early night can do wonders too. All the exercise you’re doing sounds great but maybe keep an eye on what you’re eating on your non-fast days too if you’re not seeing results? And for the dinners on your fast days, it might be better to make your own so you can calculate the calories more accurately rather than take some onf what your housemates are making – that way you can pick foods that will leave you feeling fuller for longer – get more bang for your buck etc.

Mynie, let’s be 5:2 buddies! I’m going to update every Monday now as I’ve hanged my fast days to Wednesday and Sunday to suit my work routine.

Good luck to everyone this week!

Hi there.. all these comments are great to read. I’m in my second week and down 4lb but I know it’ll slow down in next few weeks and that’s when things start getting tough!!
    I don’t really count what I eat on non-fast days but I do find I’m thinking about what I’m eating more.. it’s just so nice to be able to eat after a fast day!!
    On fast days i tend to skip breakfast, have a slim a soup for lunch or fruit teas and then I eat around 7 ish.. as this is the time I’d normally be tempted to snack anyway.
    I do feel really good on the ‘diet’ although it doesn’t really feel like a diet which I guess is good 🙂
    I’d be happy to buddy someone.. motivation is key.

Cheers and good luck to you all

Well done! I’m starting today, going well so far! I’m 5″4 too and hoping to get down from 9st 4 to 8st 10, not much but I like to be trim.

I love food, and wine! I’m hoping that I can stick to restricting myself 2days a week and not feeling like i’m restricting myself everyday!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.