28 Day February 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
28 Day February 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 2,265 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by  TripleT 7 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,901 through 1,950 (of 2,266 total)

• New to posting but been reading for a bit. Everyone’s comments and questions really seem to help me stay motivated. Figured I better start being accountable too!

I started 5:2 the first week of Jan. then went on vacation Feb. 2nd so weight has been fluctuating a bit 😉 I have about fifteen lbs to lose but am very petite (4′ 11″) and also am hypothyroid so losing is a battle. I am hoping to join the March challenge.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I appreciate all of you! Excited for this journey with you.

2nd post

So NFD had. Nice sandwich today for lunch, still full which is brilliant however I am going out for dinner and can’t and don’t want to cancel, so eating when not hungry dammit! Note to self Fast all day in future of going out in the evening – silver lining so happy I’m full, has stomach finally required less food!!

@berlin_78 welcome, keep on with this post, a new link will be put up soon for March for you to enrol if you want, stay reading the posts, join us for the final push in Feb x

@jojo58 will join with waist whittling exercises for March, one songs worth per day in my challenge, may increase by song during the month.

@missymoomoo thanks for the link very interesting

@at you will be fine a lot of support I too started in November. I note down to respond to each query and by the time I got through the posts someone had always beat me to it, fab!!! Takes the pressure off as the first couple of weeks you are adding info all the time.

Have a fab evening all xxx

Day 23|FD|Toronto
    Unseasonable warm weather, an early taste of spring at +14 C,may help inspire better adherence to TDEE on CD’s; shedding a parka and sweater is “revealing” 🙂

Day 22 – NFD – Toronto
    Day 23 – FD – Toronto

Had a good NFD yesterday ate about 200 calories less than my TDEE.
    Last FD of this week and am feeling a tad hungry but surviving!

Am happy to see all the success in weight loss out there, especially for the folks doing ADF or B2Bs – more power to you! I sadly don’t think I’ll be meeting my February goals but am going to weigh in tomorrow after this second FD to see where I’m at. My guess is that I’ll only have dropped 3 pounds this month rather than the 4-4.5 I was hoping for! Alas, onwards and downwards 🙂

Day 24 NFD Melbourne Aus

Very successful week completed. Have now reached my happy place, 3 kg under my official goal weight set by Weight Watchers.

@bert excellent and inspirational advice.

@pashaw you are admirable.

@fuvvie you have inspired me during my journey. Hopefully all will pass quickly.

@fatrabbit glad to hear none of your animals were hurt. Enjoy reading your posts.

@coda thanks for starting these challenges. This is the second time I’ve participated. Great for personal accountability.

Love reading all the inspirational posts and personal journeys whether struggling or not. Enjoy your weekends.

Day 23. Quebec. FD

Yesterday was a NFD and I was so reasonnable that I lost weight ! So happy about that !

Even in camping we brought our scale and we hold on our regular FD on Monday and Thursday ( that is my Husband and I ). The worst part is the winw ! So difficult ! But we can do it and we Domit.

Take care my beautifull 5:2 friends xxx

Second post

Today I was supposed to fast. But I’ve been binging and eating cheesecake with a berrry smoothie with my daughter this afternoon, then. Had to cheese cakes with puff pastry, then chocolate and nuts, then half a meat pie and yougurt with honey plus more chocolate and nuts. It turned out into a feast day.

Well tomorrow is another day. Good night everyone.

Day 22 NFD
    Day 23 FD

Day 23. U.K. NFD

Day 23, Oceanside CA, NFD

Thursdays usual fast day but family visiting and second birthday party this week. This WOL has room for fun days in between fasts. Three mile walk through town and along beach. Spring will come for all in a few short weeks. Coming down the home stretch of February 2017 Challenge. Thank you all.

Debster251,
    In the past 3 years I have made many comments like ‘I won’t give up breakfast’, I won’t give up bread’ but actually I have because I will do anything required to get my health to an optimum level. I think ‘a balanced diet’ is hogwash, as is ‘everything in moderation’ because every body is in fact different and deals with food differently. If you are ‘insulin resistant’ (I am) you do need to give up sugar and carbs. If you don’t it won’t matter how few calories you have they will be stored as fat FACT! See Jason Fung’s utube lectures.

I have just decided to stop eating potatoes ( the last carb I retained in my diet) because I believe they are hampering my weight loss efforts. Why make life difficult for yourself, we are here because we want to lose weight are we not? eat healthy foods that your metabolism can cope with easily. For me that is fish, seafood, eggs, cheese, some carb free vegetables and occasionally some fruits(avoiding high sugar fruits). Add to that butter, milk, cream, Kefir ( both water and milk version) and green tea. Three cups of black tea with milk too plus lots of water, preferably mineral.

I didn’t get to this ‘food controlled stage’ easily, I have made so many stupid decisions over the years, so many crash diets and indulged in comfort eating until I was 8 stone overweight with many health problems. I was unhappy with my life but being fat certainly didn’t make me happier. It’s a viscious circle. In the last 4 years I have transformed my life and am now really living it with very few health problems. I have loads of energy and a full social life. Retiring at 58 certainly helped me have the time to indulge in travel, sports and hobbies. I FEEL GREAT yet I am still a long way from goal, not even sure where I want my goal to be yet. I will know when I get there. For me health is the driving force not weight loss.

Fasting is just one tool to succeed at permanent weight control. Making ‘good decisions’ that benefit your body is the most important thing you can do to help yourself. The science is telling us what works, listen! Complex carbs and sugar are very bad for our bodies. This is not about being a food vigilante, it’s about helping our bodies to work efficiently.

Everyone will make decisions according to what they want from their lives, for some they will be happy with Societies ”normal balanced diet’ as their goal. Good Luck to them, I really wish them well. My goal is health and vitality plus a long disease free life, only achieved by making healthy eating a way of life. I will make any change necessary to reach this goal.

Good Luck Fasters (may you meet your goal whatever it may be)

PS- good luck Waistline Watchers- March will be fun- don’t forget to measure on day one, just record loss, you do not need to publish start and finish numbers unless you want to, it’s about progress. Now where is that tape measure?

Day 24 Sunshine Coast Qld Australia NFD 106.7 kgs

Thank you very much for your supportive posts @orpheusx, Jarbia and Coda.
    @bert, as usual, a very interesting post.

I’m realizing that it doesn’t take much to stay at maintenance or gain. Just convincing myself that a little side step today won’t make a lot of difference as I used to eat a ton, but it actually does make enough of a difference that the weight doesn’t drop but just hangs around or in fact takes a hike upwards. They are just little indulgences aren’t they? Nope. They mean a step in the wrong direction and skewing the thought processes.

You are right, @blueninjamum. I think that is exactly what I am grappling with at the moment. January was so gung ho, that this month has been a sort of anticlimax. As you suggest, we will prevail in the name of good health.

@at, I think you will find that being leader for the month will really give you lots of positive vibes. It can be a bit exhausting at times with all the reading and the endeavor of not leaving anyone out, but really worthwhile.

Congratulations LindaSue. That’s fantastic.

JoJo, I’m endeavouring to get towhere you are. AS I have been cooking LCHF this week and feeling out of sorts, my daughter has suggested that I have carb flu. I gave in to the carbs yesterday, feeling like I couldn’t take much more fat, but that was probably a big mistake. So back on track today. The meals in the 2 week LCHF challenge on the Diet Doctor have been interesting to say the least. I made my own pork rind crackling and ground it up with the coconut to make the coating for baked marinated drumsticks (I had to make my own Jerk seasoning as well as couldn’t find it anywhere in the supermarket. It’s not something I am familiar with). It was yummy. Not sure that my grandchildren are really enjoying what has been on offer this week, but they did enjoy the drumsticks. I will join you on the hula hoop, but I will use the Wii version as I just cannot keep the real hoop up. I find it very exhausting doing the Wii version, although I haven’t done it in an age.

Better finish this ramble. I took other’s advice and typed a word document as I went along and now to see if it will disappear into the ether or not. Hit submit and have a lovely day one and all. Hope the wind settles for all thos experiencing the storms.

Day 23 | NFD | Bucks UK

Fuvvie,
    Yes it’s a long road but I guarantee you won’t look back, once you have conquered your addictions it’s done. I have an occasional lapse but nothing serious and certainly not sugar based. It help that I never really had a sweet tooth in the first place.

I did LCHF, good luck, far too much cooking and so many ingredients, drove me crazy. I don’t spend much time in the kitchen. Remember I only have one hour to prepare and eat it. It was expensive too, not suited to one person foodplan.

I prefer to keep it simple.

Using a hoop is like riding a bike, it’s a rhythm, keep practising, good hints on utube. The real thing is less energetic than the wii version. I am amazed at how many exercises there are for the waist. I think you could do a different one everyday for a month. Now there is a challenge. I am starting with kettle bells and hoop, not together of course.

Cheer up, you can do it, we can do it! Night Everyone still up past their bedtime

Day 24 – Tokyo Japan – FD 81.6kg

Fasting blood glucose level was 99 mg/dl this morning. Ok but not great. New incentive for fasting is to get my blood glucose responding better. On days I’m eating my blood glucose doesn’t really back down to normal levels in-between meals. That makes me a prime candidate for developing T2D. My grandmother suffered and died in her mid-80’s probably from T2D, so I want to do a lot better. My 84 year old father seems to be doing fine there though, however my 78 year old mother is far from the picture of health. I don’t she actually has T2D but she has so many other issues and has had several surgeries because of intestinal blockages. So far I’m managing to live prescription free and would like to keep it that way.

Day 23 –
    Second post – Fuvvie, your attitude is a blessing to all of us, your motivation for FDs and your ‘will’ will return. This 5:2 WOL fits real ebbs and flows of emotion and hormones and everything… it will be ok.
    There are other generous, stalwart leaders on this board – thank you to all of you in addition to Fuvvie. And thank you to those of who have offered to lead March and April!

Day 24 NFD country west Australia
    Well I lay claim to the fittest 400 gms of anybody!!! They have bounced up and down daily since the start of February – bounce bounce bounce. After a good FD I was UP 400 gms. Yesterday I ate lots of sugary sweets for afternoon tea with friends- an aberration for me as I’m not a ‘ sweet tooth ‘ normally. Expected the worst but …. DOWN 400 gms today. However I won’t take weight until tomorrow.
    @lindasue good luck with the gym set. You’ll probably get more exercise putting it together than using it- speaking from experience!
    @jojo58 I’m in for the hula hoop. Have done it with my class. Very good for the waist and coordination and much harder than it looks when one is older.

Day 23 – Montreal- FD

I’m late checking in today but FD is going well. Unfortunately yesterday I fell into a pot of salted caramel ice cream and I woke up feeling cross with myself. The new scales have arrived but I’m still getting inconsistent readings in the (tiled) bathroom, maybe I live in a magnetic field! On the wooden floor in the corridor ( and a couple of other places) I got a read of 83.4 kilos so I’m going with that.

Day 24 Melbourne NFD
    @dykask you are the most scientific one here! I’m in awe of your diet and health history over the last few years. You have experimented and noted what your body does every step of the way so you can make it work for you. I hope I will be here in 3 years with a similar weight management history, even though not scientifically monitored (too lazy 🙂 )

Day 24 – Perth AUS – FD

Day 24 FD NZ
    Yesterday’s NFD was one to draw a line under and move on.
    I lasted until lunch from the previous day’s fast, then nibbled 6 lollies throughout the afternoon.
    Dinner was an Indian takeaway and a Naan bread…followed by ice cream and two chocolate eggs!!!!
    What happened to my resolve to manage NFDs properly??
    Anywhoo..today’s FD is my 3rd for the week and clearly very needed!
    I’ve had 328 calories for dinner and that’s me done now until lunch tomorrow for 36-40hours total FD.
    Saturday and Sunday are often challenging with husband and kids home, I will weigh tomorrow morning and hopefully find the motivation and determination to manage the two NFDs better than yesterday.
    If the scale is up I’ll feel compelled to try harder and sometimes the scale going down makes me too relaxed so if that’s the case (I doubt it’s down) I’ll aim to use the loss as confirmation of success in this wol and stick with it.
    Either way I need to get back some control for these blasted NFDs, every time I think I’m getting better at managing that part I have a wobble…and not just round my middle!!!

Day 24 NFD Sydney

2nd Post
    I have just found a very good article at http://www.cracked.com that could easily be re-framed for us. Just substitute ‘dieting’ ‘fasting’ ‘weight loss’ and the like every time it refers to ‘nicotine withdrawal’ ‘quitting smoking’ etc and you will get the gist. I loved it! It really highlights how our minds/bodies often seem determined to play games with us to sabotage our good intentions.
    This is a summary of what it says, but do read the article, it’s also funny!

5 Life Lessons You Only Learn Through Quitting Smoking – John Cheese

# 5 You can’t expect people to know what you’re going through
    # 4 Your body lies to you
    # 3 Your memory will change with your mood
    # 4 Everything is temporary, even if it doesn’t feel like it
    # 1 Controlling your moods is your responsibility

Read the full article here: http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-life-lessons-you-only-learn-through-quitting-smoking/

PS WARNING: You have to be broad-minded! There is a fair bit of ‘language’

Day 23 / Sweden / FD
    Day 24 / NFD

FD went well. Now comes the challenge to have a controlled weekend. Good luck to all.
    Cheerio!

Day 24, Gozo, Malta, NFD

I jumped on scales and after all the binging and eating yesterday I’m only 0.8 kilos above target weight and down by 0.5 kilos from this week. I’ll be sensible in eating today and stay within my TDEE.

Happy Friday everyone. The weeend starts today.

Day24 UK FD

Scales are not being kind to me today, not surprised bearing in mind my lack of resolve, however have two FDs and my stomach needs a break so up for it. Busy two days planned so that also should keep me out of trouble I.e the fridge.

See if I can turn this around before final weigh in on Tuesday I’m sure I can.

Loved hosting this month, time consuming and sort of lost focus on myself abit so happy to get back to checking in, however learned so much about you guys, got great tips and got great satisfaction when I thought I’d lost one of you then you return and update the group, I’m like yay the arena back, also love the dependable every day people that rain or shine, up or down they post.
    Such a diverse group, glad to be part of it. X

Looking forward to March already. Gonna really focus. Feb such a depressing month we have done well to get this far, few more days, make them count.

DAY24 – UK – FD (Possibly!)

Fast day yesterday went ok – but the dratted headache and little sleep came back with a vengeance. As I was nearly 2lb.(!) down this morning I wonder if the headache and sleeplessness is due to the body working overtime to work off that weight!!!
    Any suggestions to alleviate anyone? (I drink plenty).

I will try another b2b to-day, as I will be indulging tomorrow – but will give in at lunch time if the headache gets too bad. It is such nuisance. It will be my last b2b, as I am just trying to get back on track after an iffy month. AFD after end of Feb.

Good luck all xx

@biddiev there is actually a long history of self experimentation and it doesn’t always go well. With diet there might be little choice because everyone is a little different. Thanks for your comment and best of luck to you! Believe me I much more excited with life at a BMI of 26 compared to what I was when my BMI was 35! I still have a ways to go, but now I know I can get know I can do it.

Thinking back my journey with diet actually started more than six or seven years ago when I had high blood pressure. My doctor told me I should start medication but I refused and he agreed see if I could manage it through diet and exercise. I’m actually kind of a slow learner, but I’m also stubborn.

Day 24 UK FD (maintained after NFD)-6 Feb

Expected a drop today, felt it, but it is hiding,
    Maybe tomorrow?

Off on my bowls trip so no posting until Tuesday. Must focus on my game. I am aiming for 1 lb drop whilst away as 2 fast days planned. Travelling on fast days should help.

Salt prevents fasting headaches(salty broth is good)try miso soup or bovril. hot milk( full cream) at night helps sleep. Is anyone using Apple Cider vinegar? Especially good before starchy foods, 2 tspoons in glass of water cuts
    Insulin resistance to 30 %

Please read Jason Fungs book ‘The Obesity Code’ it will revolutionise your thinking and food planning. The longer you have been overweight the higher your insulin resistance, the more likely you are to store fat. Hence regains!
    Good luck everyone
    Both scientific evidence

Day 24 UK FD

I had a salad for dinner last night. I actually had a salad for dinner. Why say that twice you might ask. Because I don’t think I ever did that before!! Despite being vegetarian I have never much liked salad. I like hot food. I prefer my veggies cooked. We have never eaten salad with dinner either the way many people do. Recently I have been adding salad leaves to meals to pad them out a bit but last night I went the whole way and just ate salad and cheese, and not just leaves, raw carrot, half a pepper and beetroot too. And it was filling, and seemed to take ages to eat. It is amazing how my tastes are changing since I started fasting. And a lump of brie too. So fat to keep it filling and to provide enough calories, lots of good nutrients and no processed carbs or gluten. Yay:)) I even made it to the ten veg for the day that was being talked about yesterday on the news as I had leftover bean and vegetable stew for lunch.

Today I have to do yesterday’s work while my trusty handywoman starts to tackle the tree Doris knocked over: http://imgur.com/a/6RY0e . It should be busy enough to stop my fast being difficult anyway. I am sure I coped with the stress better than I would have before I started fasting. This is such a positive experience!

I wonder if the headaches are partly about our bodies learning how to start burning fat in ketosis. I had lots at first too. I find marmite in hot water helps, probably because it is salty. And drinking enough of course.

Day 24, Newcastle UK, NFD

Yesterday started out as a FD and was going just fine and then I decided I’d like to change it to NFD. Reason is that when I thought about it, I’m achieving results with my two planned b2b FD days already, so why change something that’s working. Calories actually came in under BMR which is probably not good for a NFD but I was full after spiralized carrot, courgette and pesto with a salmon fillet and sundried tomatoes followed by an apple, nuts and cheese. Had a satsuma later to reach my 5 a day. Weighed this morning and down slightly on the scales. Normally I only weigh once a week but I am feeling thinner and couldn’t resist.

I’m now ready to confess just how heavy a drinker I was. A bottle a day – sometimes a litre – of wine. I could go weeks without even a day off. I lived in a permanent state of fear about my health. Both OH and I started Dry January (which we completed in the two previous years – not that it changed our drinking habits afterwards). This year – as I mentioned in my first post, we fell off the wagon half way through and it wasn’t a pretty picture. Determined to get a grip I started 5:2 on the 30th of January and completed two FD days. I read LynzM’s post re this Feb challenge and knew I had to sign up. A dreadful relapse in London gave me a massive kick up the backside. I looked in the mirror on two mornings out of 6 and stared at a face I didn’t recognise and which looked like an alcoholic. Very puffy with eyes like ****holes in the snow. And that was the turning point. I said to OH that no longer would we drink in the house (unless we have company) and would limit our drinking to the weekend. I don’t know how many times we have had that conversation but I made it clear that I was prepared to have an all out row to ensure we stuck to this plan once and for all. And we have. And both of us feel SO MUCH BETTER. And I’m no longer scared. And I have all of you to thank for helping me crack this massive problem.

Thank you with all my heart.

Well done Strawberriesandcream! Not only to giving up on the drinking during the week – but to sharing your story with us. That must have been very difficult. However, the right thing to do, as facing one’s demons is a sure sign you are aware of them and can eradicate them. Lots go past that point and it’s other people who have to make them aware of problems they didn’t even know they had! It can only get a lot better from now one, and to do it together is such a help, both pulling in the same direction – well done to both of you. Alcohol and health is a big issue – my friend – who can now not give up her bottle plus a day, has just had a double mastectomy and the outlook is bleak – she reacts so badly to chemo so can no longer have it – and still can’t give up the alcohol – it can’t be doing her any good.
    Remember to re-read your post should you have a “blip” – it will get you back on track.
    Well done and very good luck to you both. xx

Day 24 NFD Portugal

So yesterday was supposed to be FD but of late the calorie intake on FDs has been too high – 800 cal. Mid afternoon I get hungry and end up nibbling on rice cakes, nuts or similar…added on the extra calories. I must try and be more focused. Haven’t weighed in a while and dreading it a bit. Will be eating within tdee today, tomorrow I will try a proper 500cal FD and again on Monday before I weigh in. Finding weight loss has slowed way down, like many of you.

Day 22 USA FD
    Day 23 NFD
    Day 24 NFD

Starting weight 176 lbs; today 168.

Just finished a 48 hour fast but had a regular dinner last night. Really helped me focus at work. I could really lose another 10 pounds. Maybe I will now.

Good luck to the Friday fasters.

Day 23 Ireland NFD

Day 24……Florida……FD

I’m quite surprised at how quickly Feb. came and went. In just 4 short days, March will begin and Ill be doing my beginning of the month goals.

LynZ…… Thank you for Feb. You are magnificent!

Jarbia………. After reading of another sleepless night for you. I have some thoughts, maybe they will help you sort the issue. My first thought was maybe it something you are eating. About 6 years ago, I started getting this odd rash on my arms it would itch like no tomorrow. Then it go away, come back again. Well, after some insight, I found that when I ate almonds the rash would come but when I ran out before a grocery trip and be a couple days with out eating them it would go away. So, I set up an appointment with a doctor and had all the allergy test done and low and below, I’m allergic to almonds!
    Such a heart breaking moment…. I love almonds they just don’t like me!

My other thought is, if you are taking medicines the RX version. You may want to visit your GP. With this WOL, are bodies can correct what is wrong. With weight loss as well sometimes the strength of the RX will need to be adjusted as well.

Today is my 5th day of work as well as an FD for me. So excited for Sat. morning as it is my official weigh in day and the scales have been pretty good to this ole’ girl this week. I can’t wait to make it official.
    Another piece of news is, that I have a sliver of thigh gap!!!! I read this article about three month back that the new craze was to diet for a thigh gap. Really sound like a dumb idea at the time and unachievable but seeing it made me laugh. Oh let me add that the diet, I believe was actually tailored to very young women of the high school variety. I’m wondering if this now means, I’ve got my prebabies body back…… wait a minute….. no couldn’t be cuz I inherited my families thunder thighs, no gap even then….. I thinking I’m setting a new guideline for myself…… lol

Okay, well my coffee cup is almost empty So off I go!

P.S. …….. Thank you AT for taking on March.

Cheerio!

Georgia/USA/Day 24/NFD

DAY 23 – Cardiff UK – NFD
    DAY 24 – Cardiff UK – NFD

Starting weight : 173.3lb

Today’s weight : 164.2lb (9.1lb) Feb target 8.3lb

Not long to go now until the end of the challenge. Thanks again @lynzm for leading this one, and @at for agreeing to lead March.

@Strawberriesandcream, I admire your honesty and think that your post will have an enormous positive effect. By sharing your story you have now gained control over it, rather than allowing it to control you. It’s great that your husband is on board with your decision about drinking at home, and I can hear how passionate you feel in the words you have used. Making this decision will not only positively impact your weight loss, but also greatly improve your health. You are an inspiration.

I’m looking forward to my fish and chip supper this evening – I hope it lives up to expectations. I’m trying to get my 5 a day in at lunch and keep my calories fairly low in preparation. I need to have a controlled weekend, but with daughter home from uni tomorrow evening I know that will be a challenge as the temptation of a take away will no doubt call. If we do succumb then I will try to make reasonable choices. Regardless I’m sure a FD on Monday will help put everything back on course.

Good luck to everyone for a good weekend.

Day 24 NFD Oman

Day 24 Maine NFD

Good morning all! Had a good FD yesterday – hungry again last night after my omelette, but the kitchen was closed! Spent the day on my feet – finishing the last of my clothes purge – dragged all the bags down – car is loaded for drop off. Then I did my power beach walk – weather is phenomenally warm here for Feb! Weighed in, but up .4! Disappointed, but still in 180’s – so think it’s just a blip. Maybe I built muscle dragging all those bags of discarded clothes! Hubby again stayed the same, but he looks like he has lost & all his clothes are looser…he’s not letting it deter him, which is really surprising!

@strawberriesandcream – Great big “atta girl!” Hubby had to stop alcohol cold turkey last summer when an intense bout of pancreatitis hit him. He had just had heart surgery & hadn’t been drinking & when he started back, it hit. Worse pain I’ve ever witnessed. Normal count is 3-500, his was 17000! He was in intensive care for a week. So, he has a non-alcoholic beer occasionally & watches all fat intake. Consequently, I slowed down quite a bit & this month has been practically non existent. I feel so much better…no more headaches or puffiness. And, we’re saving so much $$! Our bill out to dinner is half what it used to be! Good luck to you – your body will thank you!

@fatrabbit – thanks for the pics..what a mess, eh? Those pine trees have such shallow roots – looks like it could have been much worse, but still a major nuisance.

@jojo58 – I have 2 teaspoons of ACV in 8 oz water every nite before bed. I read that w/a piece of cheese at bedtime was very beneficial in warding off diabetes. Since on 5/2, I’ve skipped the cheese. I actually find in very refreshing & does a great job quenching my thirst. Also – wanted to ask you – how did you manage the 5/2 while you were traveling? We’re starting to get nervous about sticking to it this next month – we’ll be on the road a few nites here & there, including a 3 day cruise to the Bahama’s, then 2 weeks in one spot – that should be easy – then head home w/a few 1 or 2 nite stops. Should we try to keep to 2 fast days or better to do a 6/1 ’til we’re settled for those 2 weeks? I know it will fall into place, but wondering if you had any hints? Any ideas anybody?

Heading to drop off all the bags of clothes- talk about satisfying – huge project completed! Before 5/2 – I couldn’t even bear the thought of going through years of accumulated various sized clothes! So, when did shoulder pads go out of style??

Make it a great weekend everybody! Thanks again!

Day 24, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD

Today’s weight 143.6. Starting Weight on 2/5 – 152 – Goal Weight 145

Hello all, had a great day yesterday but barely ate at all. Went out to our favorite restaurant for lunch, could only eat about a third of my usual yummy order. Think I still have a bit of the “bug”. Made a grilled cheese sandwich last night because my adorable hubby was worried that I had barely eaten at all – and couldn’t finish it either. That feeling that we have all had at one time or another – one more bite and I am going to get sick…..

Hopefully today will be better.

Wishing all a great day !

Strawberries and Cream, How courageous of you to share your struggle. I wish you and your husband the very best.

Day24 Belfast NFD

@thank you JoJo for your advice. I’m pretty sure I’m insulin resistant. I’m within 8-9 pounds of my ideal weight, but still carry too much around my middle, although my legs and arms are thin. I generally adopt a 16:8 daily routine and have cut a large percentage of carbs. I’ve worked hard at cutting out sugar this month, and although I’ve fallen off the wagon a couple of times I’m happy with my progress. I’ve just finished the Obesity Code, and yes it is eye opening and I can recommend it. I have started using apple cider vinegar – it is recommended for acid reflux, which I suffer from, and I hope this will also help with insulin resistance. I am also working hard to reduce my meds for excess acid. Kefir is also on the way too, so slowly but surely I’m getting there! Have a good trip.
    @songbirdme I travelled quite a lot last year. Outside family trips, we had four holidays, one of which was for 9 weeks. We also have a touring caravan and as OH only works 2 days a week were away a lot. So lots of eating and drinking opportunities. My saviour has been 16:8, which I’ve found great for maintaining. Even after 9 weeks with no scales I only came home 1lb heavier. Retirement’s great isn’t it!
    @StrawberriesandCream I was very moved by your honesty. By putting your intentions so publicly, you are one big step on what will be a difficult journey. Someone very close to me is in the same position, but is in total denial. I wish you well with all my heart.
    @bert1802 you made me laugh out loud!! I’m not sure when a ‘sliver’ becomes bandy legs!
    @berlin_78 I too have a low thyroid and have had great success on the 5:2 where other diets have failed. As LindaSue pointed out, accountability is the way to success.
    Loved the photo fatrabbit. Hope you get it cleared soon. Doris did a lot of damage here too.
    Hiit done twice this week so feeling good. I’m away to buy a hula hoop. I could never keep it going either, but will give it a go. Stay focused everyone. Cheerio

Day 24 – Cumbria UK – FD

Hello – I have set up our new challenge – “31 Day March 2017 Challenge” – sign up by the 1st of March and away we go. Will be lovely to see you all again and happy to welcome anyone new as well.
    I look forward to the continued support of our experienced 5:2ers in answering questions and guidance to us all.

Lovely sunny morning in Cumbria – enjoyed a walk with my walking group this morning – however that “knee” of mine was not too happy after my return to my aerobic class yesterday!! It can only get better……..

Hoping to do a water FD today – feeling good and on top of things so far!

@biddiev – love your Walter Elliot quote – thanks
    @onahealthyhigh – 2 1/2 years into this WOL – I’m 1 year in and your story inspires me to continue with this WOL as like you I also want to continue “focussing on my health, cooking and enjoying tasty food, loving the renewed energy and fitness as well as a new wardrobe and not focussing on weight loss are the main reasons I’m still embracing this WOL” Thank you for sharing x
    @fuvvie – Hugs xx we are all here holding on to you tight!! I hope you will join the March Challenge with me and we can continue supporting each other
    @jojo58 – I will join you in March as part of the “Waistline Watchers” for some daily waist whittling exercises – it’s an area of my body I am keen to make smaller!!
    @lynzm and @fuvvie – Thank you for the words of advice re tackling the March Challenge
    @Strawberriesandcream – Thank you for sharing with us – a very brave thing to do but so pleased that you felt able to do so – we all have demons we struggle with – you have all our support and as @jarbia said if you are ever struggling re read that post of yours – you are obviously so much stronger than you thought!
    @bert1802 – you always manage to make me laugh you wonderful woman x

Some great success stories here – great work you know who you all are……….

Some of our group are struggling a bit at the moment but do remember to “Be Strong Because Things Will Get Better. It May Be Stormy Now, But It Never Rains Forever.”

Day 24 – USA – NFD

Strawberriesandcream: thank you for your honesty! It’s encouraging to me to see you and hubby tackle a lifestyle change together….my hubby and I also decided to cut back on alcohol (beer) this year. He does not do 5:2, but he accommodates my fast days by not buying me beer on those days.

Love the comment about the shoulder pads…had to give away a size 10 jacket recently with shoulder pads and a definite 80s vibe…I’m sure there are more lurking in the abyss of my closet.

Day 24 – USA – NFD
    Second post – I bought a hula hoop a few years ago that is also nestled in between things in my clothes closet. It is very thick and slightly weighted and has ridges on it. I wish I knew the brand name, but it escapes me; I tried it a dozen times and it’s much easier to keep up on the waist; I can’t claim to being able to do 5 minutes non-stop. That will take lots of practice, but I’m pretty sure it can be done. So I’m happy to take that challenge for March!

AT – I clicked on your link to sign up for March, but was relegated to a program called “Boomerang” which asked my permission to add things to my PC, and I hesitate to do that. Suffice it to say, count me in anyway, please!

Day 24 Canada nfd

Hi All Day 24 UK FD

@flourbaby – happy birthday hope you have a fab day (mindful if possible lol)

So finally caught up on all the posts and looks like I will have to dust of my hula hoop that I got some years ago, hung it up and forgot about it as it was harder than I remembered from youth!

@lindasue – congratulations – well done you – this is for you

http://media.vam.ac.uk/media/thira/collection_images/2008BT/2008BT7635_jpg_ds.jpg

@berlin_78 – welcome to our group.

@strawberriesandcream – well done for being so honest. My OH was getting into a very bad habit – one glass led to 3 then a bottle. He then realised while he thought he was enjoying it and feeling relaxed, he looked awful and was not sleeping well at all. He now only has an occasional glass but it took a ‘Sober October’ for charity to make him realise this.

Someone mentioned making their own sweet chilli dressing – please share the recipe.

It has to be everyones own decision on their own journey to discover what they need to do – like the time when I finally gave up sugar in my tea many, many years ago. My Mum and Dad kept telling me how better it tasted, how you won’t go back and when I finally decided to stop sugar in my tea/coffee – they were right!
    So if someone has said to me at the beginning you should give up bread, pasta, potatoes and sugar I probably would not have even entertained this WOE. It was because I didn’t need to give up anything was the appeal! Now, if the weight loss stops (for reasons other than self sabotage) then I may need to look at tweaking things around. If I find out that I feel better without a certain food then I will look to cut it out or reduce and see how it goes. But it has to be something everyone finds out for themselves. After all, we are unique – what works for one doesn’t necessarily work for another. I have read however if there is one food you feel you could not live without – that is where you should look first.

I am waiting the delivery of my Kefir with slight trepidation – Debster has yours arrived yet?

Hi

I think this is the link to the new March challenge

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/31-day-march-2017-challenge/

Hi @metatauta – not sure why that happened – very strange!! Others have already clicked on the link and have signed in.
    Try clicking on Forum at the top of the page then click on the 31 Day March 2017 Challenge post and you should get in – I just tried and got in – good luck and it will be brilliant to have you around for March.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,901 through 1,950 (of 2,266 total)

You must be logged in to reply.