28 Day February 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
28 Day February 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 2,265 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by  TripleT 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,701 through 1,750 (of 2,266 total)

• Day 20 -Montreal – NFD

Day 20, Dunsborough, West Aust NFD
    @jojo58 – thank you so much for your very kind words of encouragement. Made my day 👑 I’m currently en route from home to Melbourne which is literally from one side of Australia to the other. A 3 hour drive to the airport and then a 5 hour flight from Perth to Melbourne. I generally stay in Perth overnight then I’m not stressed about being held up on the highway to get to the airport on time.
    Not sure what to say in a post about how I’ve achieved my 5kg loss in 5 weeks, but essentially all I’ve done is stick to the rules. No backsliding and no aborted FDs, with mindful eating on NFDs. I kind of count calories on FDs but have developed a few recipes that I switch around that I know are low in calories and actually tend to eat these dishes on NFDs as well… just because I like them.
    I feel like I’ve been on a lifetime of diets though and I think I eat fairly well, but just too much. I’ve already kicked the sugar habit along with wheat products. I cook from scratch, including making my own ice cream, baked beans, and other ‘normal’ food, so I don’t feel as though I’m missing out. I definitely don’t see things like chocolate, cake etc as a treat. I see these as sabotage.
    One thing that I think is essential to my success has been not having any temptations in the house. I don’t snack on nuts, but do use them to make cracker biscuits. High in calories I know but they are better than the commercial alternative, which, really are just empty calories. Better to have nourishing calories than empty ones.
    But I think it’s the intermittent fasting that’s the clincher! It’s the thing that makes the difference not to be on a program every single day for the rest of my life. I can do 2 days a week. I always do 23/1 on FDs and either 23/1 or 16/8 on NFDs. Have cut out brekkie. I find the less I eat the less hungry I feel.
    Yes, @jojo58 DH is Dear Husband but I rather like OH and will use that in future. Tomorrow is his first FD! Exciting times!!
    Happy fasting to you all ❣️

Day 20 Canada FD

Day 20, Oceanside CA, NFD

Family visiting from Eastcoast this week. FD tomorrow instead of today. Still lots of walking and sensible eating. Two birthday celebrations this week. Just a taste of cake and ice-cream. We do not live by fasting alone. Only 8 days left of our challenge. Finish strong!

Day 20, FD, Rocky Mountains, US

Hi all,

I better do some FDs before the end of our Feb challenge. I am afraid I might not reach my goal but I will be doing my best these last eight days. Congrats to all who still are here and continue our journey together with all our ups and downs.

Happy fasting everybody!!!

Ciao!!!

Day 20: Gloucestershire, UK….going for the FD
    Good luck and all strength to today’s fasters out there.

Day 20 – SW WA USA – FD

Ciren – I’m also doing a FD. We can do this.

I ate a few too many “healthy” snacks while traveling yesterday. Still a little more traveling today. A FD is welcome & needed.

Day 20 FD Norway
    I just made a chicken recipe from Mimi Spencer’s “The Fast Day Cookbook” and find, after eating the chicken with gremolata, that the calorie count must be wrong. I made a portion for one with 230g skinless, boneless chicken thigh. She suggests 220g of thigh per portion with a calorie count for the recipe of 140 per portion. But all the places I’ve checked give skinless, boneless chicken thigh a calorie count of 130-160 per 100g. Anyone out there have any thoughts on this? I skinned and boned the thighs myself and cut away the fat, but it’s certainly not as lean as breast, which I will use next time to get the calorie count down.

Day 20 Maine FD

Hello all! Weekend went fairly well – dinner at neighbors last nite – 1 vodka & 1 glass of wine w/ dinner. Dinner was fairly high in carbs – chicken tetrazzini, slice homemade bread & coleslaw. Perfect piece of lemon meringue pie for dessert. Just went w/it – no seconds. Felt ok, till I got home & succumbed to our ginger snap addiction. I had stopped buying them, but hubby found a new company & wanted to try them. Mmmm…2 handfuls & had to actually go to bed to get away from them. Not sure what that was – I wasn’t hungry – but it’s like the carbs & sugar took hold of me. I did no feel defeated – knew today was a FD & time to reset.

Going well today. The trying on clothes is certainly an eye opener – wore a sweater last night that I bought 2 yrs ago & it never quite fit ‘tip now. However, some things I thought would fit still don’t…so this is really interesting. 6 days ’till we head south – will wait ’till the day before to try on my favorite summer skirt. Definitely won ‘t fit if I keep eating lemon meringue pie & ginger snaps! Think I should take a picture of the skirt & paste it on the pantry door! I know I can do better.

Well, happy Monday everybody – make it a great day!

I want to get off SUGAR!

I am reading “Why we get fat and what to do about it” by Gary Taubes. I already read his “Case against sugar”. He writes a lot a sense…it’s motivating me to try to give up the deadly white stuff…but how? I admit I’m a bit of an addict, having indulged a serious sweet tooth all my life.

Anyway, I have a plan. As it’s a fast-day today, I’ve eaten no sugar or carbs….so why not try to avoid them tomorrow on my eating day? Just for one day, at a time. I have a breakfast of two boiled eggs and a hunk of cheese planned to start me off. Go to work. Fish and veges for lunch…then DANGER…what do I do then…eek! I’ll report on my progress tomorrow.

@ciren2 you can do it. I’ve been off sugar for Feb, and not really missed it. I’ve also cut out bread, potatoes, pasta and white rice.

The only challenge I have is when I fancy ‘something nice’. The white stuff is lurking in everything so finding an alternative to something like a piece of chocolate has been difficult. Now I’ll either have a small apple (I steer clear of ‘exotic fruits’ as suggested by MM, or I have a few nuts.

I have decided I’m having a couple of pancakes at the end of the month, but apart from that I think I can manage long term with only the occasional lapse, hopefully planned.

I think it’s really helping my weight loss because I find I’m not looking for something sweet as often as I would usually, and so far this month have lost 6.9lb so I’m doing something right.

Give it a go and see how you find it.

@ciren2 – I totally agree – sugar is really diabolical & when I have a lot – like last nite’s dinner – it sets me up to keep craving it – vicious cycle – like a drug addiction. And, it’s absolutely in everything processed. Not sure if you’ve heard of Stonewall Kitchen products. They’re headquarters in our little town. 2 guys who start d selling blueberry jam 20 yrs ago at the farmer’s market have built this multi million dollar food product company – lovely place to visit. However, the first ingredient in all of their very many jams, jellies, mustards, sauces is sugar! They use sugar as their main ingredient as a preservative. It’s unbelievable the business they do – but, something as healthy as blueberries becomes poison with the addiction of sugar. No need to wonder why diabetes is epidemic in this country.

I watched Dr. Oz this morning on a a tea-tox plan for 5 days. One of the suggestions was a cup of licorice root tea in the evening satisfies the need for something sweet & actually lessons the craving over time. I’m going to try it & will let everyone know if it does the trick.

2nd post

@onahealthyhigh thanks for the explanation as that is exactly what I do too, don’t want to count calories however do stick to 500 cals for FDs and try to eat healthier or pick more wisely on NFDs. Scales slowly moving down.

@curlytot thanks for offering to lead next month, let me tell you what it entails:

So I took everyone name, start weight and goal weight if want, makes you accountable I feel.
    Then you check everyone in everyday, some people post every day some every once in a while.
    Easier if you use a spreadsheet just because you can add in names as people join throughout the month, however each to there own, you might find pen and paper just as good, and do it like a old school register. (Showing age), I note if they have entered FD or NFD.

If you are off for a few days there are enough insightful members to answer the queries so you don’t need to be accountable to answer all questions. Although I checked people in this month I felt it was a group effort. I did start writing all questions down to answer but found most had been answered by the time I got round checking everyone in to answer them.

At the end of the month a brief analysis to tell everyone the group loss. So power in numbers and all that.

I think individually people track themselves however nice to be part of a group and know that even though it’s your journey you play a part in a bigger picture. I find this is tremendously helpful, sometimes I think yes don’t do it for I do it for them. Today an exception. Ha ha.

What you get out of leading, you read every post, (I did) you learn a lot, it keeps you and your hands busy and out of the fridge. It’s lovely you get to know posts and people.

P.s All I tried to load spreadsheet and asked the help desk they said I couldn’t? Not sure how Fuvvie did it last month then. However you are all safe in my pc and I’m checking u in each day. Summary at end of Feb. 109 members now we have lost a few along the way, so well done to those that are still here. Xxxx

Hi Curlytot thank you – if you know how to work a spread sheet it’s an advantage as you can put the names in alphabetically. After that it is up to you as to how you want to work it. You just keep a roll of people who have signed up to the challenge. You can delete those who you never hear from again or who give up. You can put starting weights and end weights if you wish so a tally can be given at the end. It really is to provide accountability. The fact that someone who joins our challenge has been enrolled and it will be noted if they disappear or preferably, completes the challenge is what makes this work. My only concern is if you are away that it may be overwhelming for you to catch up as they can come thick and fast at the beginning. However if you want to give it a go it would be appreciated. You would start a new thread and put the link here at the end of this challenge. Or if anyone else will be around all March then Curlytot we could keep you in reserve for a month when you are not away. But if you are up to an extra challenge? It’s up to you – let me know.

Lynz we must have been posting at same time lol. I believe Fuvvie used Google excel some way or similar, i assume which you can put the link to access – I think but have never tried or used it before. That is quite a number to have remained so far!

Day 20 / Sweden / FD

Fast day going very well. Just have to make sure I drink enough water.

Day 17 NFD controlled
    Day 18 NFD way overboard (cake and more cake… and maybe more cake)
    Day 19 NFD controlled

Cheerio!

Day 20 2nd post

@Strawberriesandcream……………………..word for word – exactly what @happymargo said!!! I drink about 3L of water on a liquid FD, and lots of herbal tea, can’t quite stomach black coffee yet, and if really necessary, like today, I have a cup of homemade bone broth. I find a sip of water at the 1st tummy rumble stops it dead, and the sense of empowerment means I just keep going, when the rumble becomes continuous – bone broth to the rescue.

@happymargo and @mamacat, I may have mentioned before that I’m guilty of loading up the kitchen at work with my cast off treats, if I didn’t, I would scoff the lot!! I couldn’t possibly dump the remaining cake/ biscuits/ muffins etc in the kitchen at work, then actually consume any…………. Ohhhh the shame!!! Yet if they remain in my house, the waste not want not mentality kicks in……….. and they’re gone!!!

@august2024 – love your phrasing, ‘the seductions of a croissant and coffee’ and ‘food sobriety’. Couldn’t have put it better myself!!

Good luck for day 21 everyone – 75% done!!!

lilymartin,
    It is essential to eat something tasty both on fast and non fast days and then you will feel satisfied with this way of life. I have a 500 maximum on fast days which is easily satisfied with an prawn omelette/vegetables or fish/chicken/veg or salad. I prefer to just have one meal. For the rest of the day I drink water, green tea and recently Kefir(both milk and water versions) Kefir builds up gut bacteria which is then more effective for good digestion. On non fast days I still have one meal but two courses e.g soup and main or main and desert. I like home made spicy soup and stir fry with zero noodles. If I have dessert it is normally fresh fruit and yogurt(never sweet puddings) basically it’s good to have what you want but if you want to successfully lose weight it should be healthy options only. If you keep your choices healthy and portion sizes reasonable you probably don’t need to count calories. Good Luck

Day 21 Melbourne Aus NFD

Day 20 Ireland FD

Day 20 | FD | Bucks UK

Day 21 – Tokyo, Japan – NFD 78.3kg (but I’m too dried out.)

44 hours into my fast but planning on ending it. My wife is sick with flu and it really isn’t helping her mood. Too much stress to continue the fasting.

This morning my blood glucose was up to 89 mg/dl from 74 mg/dl last night, the so call dawn effect.

My ketone levels are > 4.0 mmol/l which is very high for me. So I know that in less the two days of fasting I’m into full blown ketosis.

Yesterday the fasting was harder and last night was a bit of a struggle, I even had some heart burn.

@lilymartin – I don’t even come close to eating whatever I want to eat. While I’ll probably exceed my TDEE today, it is unlikely I’ll do that tomorrow or the next day. I’ve also revamped my diet so I’m eating a lot differently than I used to.

* Almost no sugar except from what I get from whole fruit. I might let myself have some ice cream sometimes, but when I do I’m very aware I’m breaking my policy and I also know if I eat too much I’ll pay a price.

* Instead of sweats I reach for things like nuts. Much higher calories but my body seems okay with that tradeoff. If I cut the nuts out of my diet, I wouldn’t even be close to exceeding my TDEE. A few handfuls of nuts can easily be over 500kc and I often eat more than that. 🙁

* I eat a lot of vegetables and additionally try to find sources of fiber. I’m really pushing fiber.

* I’m trying to push on exercise that really builds my body. My workouts tend to be short but painful and I often have sore muscles.

So it isn’t really just eating whatever I want. I do eat as much as I want when I’m not fasting, but that isn’t the same as eating whatever I want.

However, I also don’t make constant progress. I’ve been pretty much stuck in the 78kg to 82kg range for this year. However weight isn’t my end goal, my goal is not to get rid of the 2cm to 3cm of fat on my belly. At least it isn’t 20cm of fat like it used to be. 🙂

@ciren2 I think getting off of sugar is helpful. It might be hard for a couple of weeks but it does get easy. After a few months, I’m surprised by how sweet many foods naturally are. Now something when I have some sugar it is almost too sweet for comfort.

I’m lucky as I was living in Japan when I kicked the sugar habit. If I had been back in the states it would have been much for difficult. Sugar is packed into so many foods.

Day 20 USA NFD

Day 21 NFD NZ
    Broke my fast at 38hours with Greek yoghurt berries and a sprinkle of seeds and nuts.
    It feels good to have one done after 4 NFD in a row, looking forward to lunch after I finish at the hospital with my son, not sure what I’ll eat yet which often spells disaster but I’ll aim healthy.
    Two more FDs this week Wed and Fri.

Day 21 NFD country west Australia
    FD yesterday went OK. Like many others I find it easier to fast when busy at work
    @jojo28 and @dykask I have always eaten healthily and love to cook so usually am eating food I like and which I have made. Prefer to eat homemade as I know what is in it.( 300 plus recipe books – cooking is a hobby I love and probably why I now am thinking about 5:2 as a WOL.)
    As mentioned previously never calorie counted and not a fan of diets . I did once ‘ diet’ by keeping a daily journal of what I ate for 5 months . A bit like this WOL in as far as it made me realize how much I was eating and I became much more mindful. Successfully lost 7 kgs which stayed off for a few years then mindless eating patterns emerged and the inexorable weight gain until it was too much to ignore when the photographic evidence was there.
    Have been without a stove or oven for 2 weeks so happily had lots of salads and microwaved veggies. Always have at least half to 2/3 plate of veggies with meals.
    Have always had ‘ naked’ salads as I like the taste of the raw ingredients and not really a fan of dressings.
    Fortunately I have never really had a sweet tooth though I do like chocolate – usually the dark stuff. Although I bake a lot I don’t usually eat many cakes or biscuits. I have a savoury Tooth!
    I think I have just eaten too much, dropped off the exercise and eaten too many Carbs !!
    I do like bread, rice, pasta. Usually have wholemeal or wholegrain. Since starting 5:2 I have cut down carbs a lot. Also cut down coffees which I drink with quite a lot of milk.
    It’s really only since I worked out what my TDEE looks like and what 500 calories looks like that I am slowly making inroads.
    For example someone ?? Posted a single serve dish with 230 gms chicken which sounds a lot. Most recipes I have seen for chicken, single serve, is about 90 -100 gms. So it’s all a learning curve. Similarly when crunching calorie numbers , which I haven’t for a while and could be partial explanation for plateau, there was a huge variation. Eg ham sandwich could range from about 90 – 540 Calories! Depends on lots of factors.
    So still fasting 1 or 2 days a week and eating mindfully on NFD and tweaking and twanging eating habits. But certainly not losing large amounts like some. As I said yesterday, everyone’s journey is different – but good to journey with supportive companions. Apologies for length of post, just wanted to explain. And no, not going to count calories Forever!!

Hi Everyone,
    From reading post here I summarise the tips from the most effective fasters(in terms of weightloss) Success should not just measured by the numbers but by steady downward progress yet no feeling of resentment and sacrifice to our WOL…THIS IS NIRVANA💗

Drink 3 L of water daily( cold, hot with lemon slice) plus hot drinks☕️

Eat 1 or 2 meals maximum every day, skip breakfast. If you can skip dinner yet have breakfast and lunch better still but it may effect your sleep. If I do this on a NFD I have a glass of milk before bed, seems to work.💤

Stop eating sugar, it’s a drug, it causes insulin spikes which make you store fat.😈

Stop refined carbs, it’s just hidden sugars and may cause bloat.🤢

Eat smaller portions, eat healthily, homemade is best.👏🏽

Exercise daily, whatever you can manage without injury. Swimming Walking are best for mood enhancing which is essential to continuation.👣

Get a hobby for the evenings, knitting, puzzles, play patience,sew or colouring. Don’t snack! Get an early night, read a book, research fasting and sugar addiction. Definitely read or watch Jason Fung on utube lectures, he explains everything.👨🏻‍⚕️

Post daily on thread, be accountable for you actions.👮🏾

If you screw up, forgive yourself quickly and move on, you are learning to change long term bad habits, it’s bloody hard.🙇🏽‍♀️💚

Make new friends, socialise, get new interests, try new things like dancing, singing, playing bowls, exercise classes or Walking Group. You need support from family or friends, avoid people who are negative, they drag you down. If you need help ask for it. We are here to help each other, we are in the same ⛵️

SMILE and laugh, even pretend, every day, every hour- it releases positive hormones

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁💁🏼

Day 21 Sunshine Coast Qld Australia. FD NFD yesterday. Trying to follow LCHF challenge but not very successfully so far. Not feeling the top dollar, a bit off colour. Will continue to give it a good go.

Hi LynzM. I was advised by someone else on the site to go to google drive. Once I did that, I dragged my spreadsheet into the page, right clicked on it and clicked on share. Then it gave me a link, which I copied and pasted into this site. It’s not that hard, but didn’t work every time. It’s all a matter of using google drive. I created a gmail account to do it. I haven’t checked it in a long time. The first time I did it in October, people had to ask my permission to look, but this time I am somehow sharing it differently so that anyone who can see the link (everyone on the thread) can look, but I only used information that others posted, just putting it all in one place so to speak. Hope this helps. I think it is drive.google.com

Days 16-19 all NFDs
    Day 20- FD

Day 21 – Perth AUS – NFD

Day 21 Tasmania Aus NFD 63.8kgs

Day 21 – Switzerland – NFD

Great top tips from everyone – thank you!

Day 19 NFD Sydney- (forgot to post)
    new weight 82.3 !!!!!

Day 20 FD already posted

Day 21 NFD – had a tuna melt on turkish bread for lunch and felt completely bloated up. I’ve been eating very low carb. Today I noticed how much bread effects me negatively- really weighed me down. I suspect it is the low carb along with the FDs that is working for me and I will continue to limit bread and grains even when I get to the maintenance stage.

Day 21 UK FD

Yesterday’s FD was unsuccessful, got a bit of bad news which was enough to get me comfort eating, felt bad, realised I only felt happy when I was actually eating the bad stuff and overeating, afterwards felt bad, body felt bad, had a bad night sleep, but draw a line under it, recognise it and have a better day today.

Busy today, good keep me outta mischief, please let every choice today be a good one.

Day 21 Final week! Let’s make it a succesful one! X

Ps wrote down all @JoJo58s list of tips for success. Thanks for listing them all.

Day 21 – Brittany, France – NFD

After yesterday’s FD following a week’s NFDs I’m well pleased as I not only managed to keep weight off, but I’ve even managed to break the plateau I was on. I weighed in this morning at 67.5 kg. That’s over half a kilo off since last week. Looks like the 8 hour window for eating is the way forward for me, particularly when I can’t fast. Or maybe I just should have a few more gastric bugs…

@jojo58 – I don’t know if it was you who recommended kefir at the beginning of the month; but I did manage to find some on the internet and I’ve been drinking a glass every day. I noticed yesterday that you said yours had gone sour; I didn’t have time to respond but I use this website for tips which might be helpful for you: http://www.culturesforhealth.com/learn/milk-kefir/milk-kefir-grains-troubleshooting-faq-advice/

Day 21 UK NFD +1(-6 for Feb)
    Disappointed on scales this morning, yesterday’s fast day was wasted, I guess the weekend came back to bite me or it’s ‘food in transit’. We shall see after Wednesdays fast day. Not the first unexpected gain and it won’t be the last.
    LynzM- I hope you are feeling better after your bad news I just thought the summary may be useful, hope I didn’t miss anything. I often wake at night so I like to make good use of my time. A good deed is great for clearing the mind before you go back to sleep. I drank far too much (water and milk)yesterday so I was up many times in the night. I have often found that a disturbed night leads to a gain in weight.
    Bread- if you must have it, try sour dough, it seems to be best, most filling least bloating. Personally I have given it up almost entirely, it’s a ‘red light’ food for me and like you creates havoc with my digestion, a fact that I am not prepared to overlook in future. It has taken me years to crack this ‘nut’ though, I loved it.

Busy day today, starting with my walk, then bowls and possibly a swim. Feeling sluggish today, so I am shaking it off. Smoked salmon salad for dinner tonight, fruit and yogurt for pudding.

Sorted out my very sour milk Kefir by adding half a pot of fresh cream, yummy. I am happy to have these extra calories because building up a healthy gut bacteria is a long term priority. We all need to look after our immune system if we are long term fasters or have taken medicines which harm good bacteria as well as bad e.g. Antibiotics

Good Luck Fasters, be strong, onwards and downwards

AJCaroline,
    Posts crossed but thanks for link, actually I found dozens on Kefir, all useful. I am having water and milk Kefir daily. A new ‘daily’ habit which I am recommending to friends. I am really beginning to feel the benefits already. Even my old dogs get some.
    It’s so easy to make yourself once you have bought the live grains.

Day 21, Newcastle UK, FD

Good morning – another lovely sunny day here in Whitley Bay. Off to prune some roses for one of my customers today.

Successful FD yesterday with another today. Will weigh tomorrow.

Great tip list @jojo58 – I’ve copied it and will print out to add to the other useful stuff posted on my larder door. Thanks.

Day 21 UK NFD

Another lb down this morning!!! It is exactly a month since the battery went into the scales and I weighed 230lbs now I’m down to 212lbs!! If this is the rate I am losing at I dread to think what my starting weight was:( But that is in the past, thank goodness. The strange thing is that the main measurements are not changing this month although previously they were shrinking very well. But I think my arms and legs look much thinner and the fat allover under my skin has become looser, less a part of me somehow. The initial weight loss was all around my middle but now it going from everywhere.

It is of course a big boost to see this working and makes it easier to keep going but I am aware that it won’t always be smoothe sailing. I may need to rework my system at some point when I hit the plateaus and setbacks others are seeing. But equally some of you might benefit from giving ADF a go. I actually think in some ways it is easier as it has a rhythm to it that your body falls into. It knows what to expect each day and having that certainty takes the optional element away that although at its best can be great sometimes sets one up for failure. I completely agree with Jojo58 re sugar and carbs. I couldn’t be doing this if I was still addicted to them. Bread I just can’t tolerate any more. I feel so unwell if I eat it. And I spent a year of my life cooking all our own bread and didn’t eat much else for a while. I loved it. I did read somewhere though that sometimes having a highcarb phase among the low carb time can boost leptin and so be helpful. Something about it passes the blood brain barrier best when you are low carb but is produced in higher quantities when you have more. I have interpreted this to mean my pasta fixes every couple of days might actually be ok and even helpful. Certainly after the last one I lost lb overnight despite it being a relatively high calorie NFD.

Must get to work. So happy with this WOL:)

DAY 21 – UK – FD

trying my b2b ..hope I can keep it up! Lovely and strenuous 10 mile walk yesterday – it so helps to lift the spirits and avoid eating. However, only lost .2 of a lb.!!

Retirement is the only benefit for being older – one has a chance at last to do the things one really enjoys. (BUT I would still prefer to be young – once older the years fly be soooo quickly).

JoJo58 Great post – thank you – am going to put it on my larder door.

Day 21, London, UK, FD (b2b!!)

Shocked to find I’m on my 2nd FD in a row – my 1st b2b – I feel ok, but it’s still early, thinking positively…………….. I’ve got this today!!!

Good luck everybody.

Day 21 Belfast FD
    Not a very successful FD yesterday, so I’m extending it until the end of today. Despite an indulgent weekend the scales now show a raise of 1lb which I’m happy with – it’s all about focus u til the end of the month.
    I’ve just caught up with the thread. Thank you for all the inspirational quotes. It’s great to read them to focus the mind. Back to exercising now, thank goodness, so I feel life is back on track.
    JoJo, do you do anything to the water kefir to make it flavoured? Someone posted last month about making it taste more like ginger beer but I can’t find the reference! I’ve just ordered some, so I’m looking forward to giving it a try.
    Have a good day everyone. Cheerio!

Day 21 Melbourne NFD
    Middle of big project for work, and still trying to keep up with the usual work as well, so extra busy and not much time to read or post but keeping my hand in. Happy to read the various hints and tips that people share as I try to build my own brand, all of it gratefully received.

Many thanks to the person who wrote, awhile back, “I ask myself – is this [insert food item I am contemplating inserting into my mouth] going to bring me closer to my goal?” I asked myself this twice this evening and both times it stopped me cold. Did I say big thanks? I mean Extra Super Duper, It’s a Winner, Huge Thanks!!

AJCaroline I’ve just seen the link. Thank you

DAY 21 – Cardiff UK – NFD

Starting weight : 173.3lb

Today’s weight : 164.6lb (8.7lb) Feb target 8.3lb

Really pleased this morning as I’ve reached my Feb target a week early! Now I need to work on a revised target of maybe another 1.6 or maybe a bit more.

I think my success so far has been down to me having my own plan and sticking to it. It really is a case of finding a way that works for you, but as I’m only 5 weeks into this WOL I know there’s still a long way to go. My plan is pretty much:

1. ADF (M, W, F)
    2. Liquid only fasts – I struggle to drink enough water and enjoy focusing
    on this on FD along with the feeling of being in control.
    3. Counting calories – for me this is still a must, though I hope in the
    future my nutritional intelligence will improve enough for me to be able to
    stop.
    4. Cutting out the sugar (apart from whole fruit). This has meant weekly food
    shop takes much longer interrogating labels. Very little alcohol.
    5. Cutting refined carbs – no bread, pasta and very little wholegrain rice –
    they don’t agree with me and I’d rather use my calories on fresh veg,
    healthy fats and protein.

Sorry for the long post, but this is the first time I’ve really looked at how I’ve changed my WOL which is resulting in the weight loss, and want to continue to be accountable.

Hope everyone is managing to stay in control, and if you’ve stumbled, then reach out, there’s always someone around to help you up and dust you off.

Take care all.

Day 21…..Florida……very controlled day!

Things yesterday were crazy to say the least, hoping today is much more relaxing and normal. Good thing is all though, I was tempted to jump off the wagon, I sat right in my seat and didn’t move! I’m a bad mamer jammer!

So quick update on my mom….. She’s doing better however, the doctors will not release her to go home by herself. They no longer believe that it okay for her to live on her own at this point. She is suffering from bouts of confusion. They are not sure if it is temporary because of her being ill or permanent. My sister is in the process of closing up her home and going to stay with Mom. She’s going to stay with her until I arrive Mid March, then we’re going to decide if placement is the right thing for her.
    We don’t want to put her in a home but I’m not sure if we can do it on our own.
    Another wait and see game, for sure!

JoJo mention good bacteria versus bad especially when referring to antibiotics. My husband and myself do not believe in traditional medicine. So thus, we do not take traditional medicine. Plus, I worked for years in pharmaceuticals and knowing what goes into making them, is scary in its own right.
    Moving on……. We do still suffer from basic infections, ear, sinus and etc. when this happens, we treat with the natural antibiotic call Silver. There are various forms that can be taken. The great thing about this, is that it does not attack our good bacteria, nor does it mess with our body own antibodies.
    Now, I’m no doctor. One must choose his or her own path when it comes to their health. I’m only mentioning this so that if interested you can do your own research and see if it maybe beneficial for you. If you choose to research it the most common form is silverbotics. Here in the states most health food and natural stores sell it.

Well that my DYI for the day!
    I must be off, the morning is escaping faster than normal!

Cheerio!

UK Day 21 – FD

Had a great long weekend at home with friends and family and I have no idea of what calories I consumed!! FD for me today to try and repair some damage before my weigh in on Thursday!

Hope everyone else is doing well 🙂

Good morning

Hope everyone is doing well.!

Georgia/USA/Day 21/NFD: Gonna stay within my TDEE today.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,701 through 1,750 (of 2,266 total)

You must be logged in to reply.