2021 Monthly Challenge – Motivational March!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
2021 Monthly Challenge – Motivational March!

This topic contains 484 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  stitchincarol 2 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 495 total)

• USA. Day 24. FD800

BasyJames, thank you for that advice. I will try that! I don’t know how to unfair a device, though. I also thought maybe I should hold my phone in my hand while weighing myself, although that sounds a little strange.

3rd post

@ccco I did some detecting for you, open up the app and in the data section ( with all the numbers) look to the bottom right corner and click on my account,
    a page should show up with your name , FAQs, Help, Add a member and Settings.
    Select Settings, scroll down about a third and select Bluetooth Anomaly Detection
    select that to run a diagnostic.

I hope that helps. I typically place my phone on the floor right in front of the scale before I weigh in, you also have to open up the app before you weigh in otherwise it will not register.

Let us know how it goes!!!

Day 24 UK FD

Coming in late … been non-stop since 1pm zoom yoga class ran over, and some of the day i was trying to do several things at the same time. Brain a bit fried but still feeling zen ๐Ÿ™‚

Yesterday’s CD went the way of all good things and I ended up 300 calories over. Today’s FD has been pretty straightforward – I defrosted a tub of beetroot, squash and pea dal, made some soya masala & finished up yesterday’s stewed apple & blackberries. I forgot to weigh the spices but that’s pretty close to 500 calories.

Veg box day today so my fridge is wonderfully full of lovely things, and my friend will pick up some protein and bits for me at the supermarket – end of temptation! Looking forward to planning some simple meals for the weekend – but a break from batch cooking while i eat down the dal stocks ๐Ÿ™‚

One neighbour’s fence is down while they have a structure built adjacent and another has a fence panel distorting under ivy but promised to fix this weekend. As a result my carefully constructed safe habitat for birds and wild things has become a freeway for cats. After weeks of shooing them away, today i bought a water pistol with 33ft range and 750ml tank ๐Ÿ™‚

I loved today’s yoga class but goodness it’s been a day. I’m tidying up and running to bed as fast as my legs can carry me. Tomorrow is a bit full too – friend coming with shopping, meeting with my mentor to think over some editing, and lovely friend coming for front garden bench tea.

@daffodil2010 hope everything’s going well with your tests & cardiologist xx

Day 25, Emden Germany, NFD

@dvw and @fivetwofan5252 I think, I’m eating the right things at the moment, my jeans fit better, it just doesn’t show on the scales. I’ll make the best of the remaining days and see how the month will end.

@songbirdme Thanks for the link. I don’t do it as stict as it says there, I eat dried apricots for potassium and eat every kind of fruit. The only sweet thing I eat once in a while is home made orange marmalade. I hardly drink any alcohol. In the shops we read every label. I feel much better without all that sugar, better brain, better sleep and better skin.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 25 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Well yesterday disappeared in a flurry of jobs, delivering a birthday cake to a friend, trying to find a wall hanging Mrs IHL wants to go by the decking, could be a long search! Next thing I knew the day was gone.

However, weigh in day for me tomorrow so my Thursday FD today.

Take care all

Pocket list day 25
    @michelinme
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 25 UK FD

Yes weigh in tomorrow for me too, hoping for a good straightforward <500 FD today Resisted the temptation to play with my new scales so hoping the numbers change tomorrow

Pocket list day 25โ›…๏ธ
    @michelinme
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle

Day 25 – Canada – FD

Good morning. Itโ€™s a foggy damp day but itโ€™s mild so hopefully Iโ€™ll get out for a long walk today.

@michelinme – your meals sound delicious.
    @snowflake56 – if your jeans fit better that is a complete win! Congratulations ๐Ÿฅณ

Have a great day.

Pocket list day 25
    @michelinme
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dvw

Day 25 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 226 lbs, and this is day 3 of my 4:3 week! I’m looking forward to a great FD.

Stormy day and night ahead, but Friday is coming.

Pocket list day 25
    @michelinme
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dvw
    @northgeorgia (ZBC)

USA. Day 25. FD800

I was unable to keep to my FD800 for the last two days but I am back on board. I am joining today’s pocket list.

Pocket list day 25
    @michelinme
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dvw
    @northgeorgia (ZBC)
    @ccco

DTF
    @ccco. (Indefinitely)

Snowflake56, I think it is wonderful when our clothes fit looser!! Yay! I am hoping for that soon, too!

Good luck to those who are soon to do their weekly weigh ins. I am waiting until the weekend and then will have some more fun with my new scale! ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 25 – Rural Nebraska, USA – As Low As Possible, LOL

I made yesterday a FD since I have to go out tonight, and it was a picture=perfect day, coming in around 450, and this morning’s scale rewarded me with 145.0. SOOO close to 144-something! So tonight, at a place that does mostly high-fat and deep-fried bar food, or salads consisting of iceberg lettuce with cheese but nothing else, I’ll do my best to find something low in calories and see if today can be something resembling a FD. I haven’t been reaching 10K steps each day because I’m pushing hard to get tax work done, but I’m getting very close to done and might even find the two hours I need to finish it today; our appointment is at 3pm tomorrow, so the end of this commotion is in sight!! THEN I’ll go back to making sure I get 10K steps every day.

@songbirdme I’ve had to quit reading that article for now because I need to get going with my day but I keep clicking on links within it to read those details, LOL! But it’s fascinating and I’m so glad you gave us the link. Thank you! No thoughts on whether I’ll cut out sugars entirely, but I’m thinking DH and I may be up for doing it MOSTLY at some point in the near future.

@michelinme Have fun with that mega-water-pistol!!

We haven’t had any quotes lately, so here’s one we’ve all loved: “A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence.”

So go be persistent, everyone, and know I’ll be doing my absolute best to do the same at that silly restaurant tonight! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ’ช

Day 25 North Canton OH FD

Yesterday I chatted outside with two of my neighbors for the first time since the shutdown; I also got a gift of tomatoes from another, and went for a brisk walk with a 4th. It felt so good to interact with others socially again. Thankful for the warm weather and the vaccines. Everyone I interacted with is fully vaccinated- so my interactions were CDC approved.

@snowflake56 your jeans fitting better is a sign that your plan is working, stay steady and the scale will follow

@songbirdme I actually adopted a sugar-free diet a few years ago and instantly felt so much better, I was sugar free for a couple of months and then the first time I had a dessert made with refined sugar, I was violently sick. Sugar is really not good for us.

Today was midweek weigh in day, and my fancy scale played a happy tune signaling a loss โ€“ result? Another 2 pounds down and a pre-pandemic low! I am officially 6 pounds away from goal, and one percentage point away from my body fat goal.

Love the quote @stitchincarol

Be persistent today friends

Pocket list day 25
    @michelinme
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dvw
    @northgeorgia (ZBC)
    @ccco
    @basyjames

DTF
    @ccco. (Indefinitely)
    @basyjames

Day 25 – UK – CD

7am Broga class followed by 9am Aerobics class – brief rest – shower – lunchtime service volunteer – 40 main meals and dessert portioned and sent out into our community – back home for some house work catch up – weather not as nice today, light drizzle on and off.

Good to be back to feeling my usual healthy self…..Today will be my 4th CD in a row, averaging just under 1100cals per day – one more tomorrow then weigh in on Saturday – will be comparing weight on my old and new scales – interesting to see if any variations?? Then planning on enjoying a well deserved NFD on Saturday with ๐Ÿฅ‚but hopefully not an out of control day. Definitely needed this controlled week after the indulgent week preceding it ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿท

@songbirdme – interesting reading from the link – I mostly manage to limit processed food and reduce the sugar in any baking I do but going completely sugar free is never going to be part of my life I’m afraid – too limiting for me!! I love fresh fruit
    @ccco – I’m afraid that I can’t add any further advice to what @basyjames provided – hopefully her advice worked out for you ๐ŸคžI’ll be joining you on a weigh in on Saturday and see what the different parameters on the new scale reveal!!!!
    @michelinme – your veg box delivery sounds like you get a great mixture of interesting vegetables to cook with!
    @snowflake56 – I agree that if your jeans fit better it’s a definite win!
    @stitchincarol – just for you – “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination” Jimmy Dean

Has anyone come forward to host April yet??

Day 25 UK FD

Yesterday was a solid FD but I woke up still feeling puffy and weighing the same. I wonder how much it may be due to new medication which is causing fluid retention – I’ll check that out with GP when we review in a couple of weeks. Today wasn’t scheduled to be a FD but it’s been v full – plus I saw myself on the pocket list and thought, why not?! Thank you @i-hate-lettuce for rounding me up ๐Ÿ™‚

Somehow today’s come together nicely. The things i thought would be stressful weren’t, I was feeling well prepped for meetings in good time, and exactly what I needed popped up in various places. Some days the flow just happens and we can respond gently and graciously; other days feel full of bad fortune and we respond with hostility or resentment. I think much comes from my mind; finding the space to look after myself creates the space to respond rather than react to the things of the day. I have so much to be grateful for.

My friend came round for front bench tea not in need of food so I swerved cake. Today’s unplanned FD has included two carrots, c30g of homemade baba ganoush and a defrosted butternut squash, sweet potato & spinach dal with the last of yesterday’s soya masala. All i need is some berries to round it off and I’ll be feeling wonderfully balanced.

There’s something about fasting and also eating a plant-based diet that makes me lean towards spicy food. Amazing how little i miss butter when I have chilli, garlic, ginger and aromatic spices to enliven my food. My freezer is nicely restocked and i’m enjoying the thought of easy-cook meals this weekend.

@at i get a fruit & veg box fortnightly from Oddbox – fruit & veg that’s odd sizes or shapes, too ugly for supermarkets or surplus to requirements. During this last year there’s also been a lot of unwanted fruit & veg previously grown for restaurants or catering trade. I get a few days notice of the contents to exclude things I don’t eat and they’ll be replaced by surprise ingredients. It makes life a bit like ‘Ready, Steady, Cook’ ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s been a lifeline during
    lockdown, esp when I was shielding and food deliveries were like gold dust!

I’m going to think if there’s any reason why I shouldn’t volunteer to host April. I know from past experience that it’s the best way to stay on the waggon. The only thing is that I’m taking a break from commitments the week after Easter, but I know that if i set up the challenge and get started there are lots of lovely people who will chip in and help newbies…

Day 26, NFD, Aus

I think I missed yesterday! Too much time on the road, driving in rain which I do not enjoy. Blue skies today, though, which is a definite mood booster.

At least there was no gain, @fivetwofan โ€“ stay positive.

Iโ€™ve avoided my scales all month. I know what they will say and it will not be polite! What a shame youโ€™re not on commission for all those scales, @ccco!

Whatโ€™s the surprise dinner for tonight @at? Any special reason, or (what I call) a โ€˜just becauseโ€™ occasion?

Ha ha ha โ€“ love the mental picture of you taking pot shots at passing cats, @michelinme.

I think you should host @@michelinme โ€“ you are absolutely right in that this forum runs itself and people chip in. (My hosting this month has been a template for minimal hosting effort โ€“ sorry everyone!)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Day 26 country west Australia CD
    Day 25 FD
    Pleased to see the scales finally consistently heading south.

Day 26, Emden Germany, CD
    Day 25 FD

Yesterday I had an unplanned FD. We made an appointment at one of the local charity shops to look for books and instead of taking the car, we decided to make it a long walk also. As we came home after noon, we thought we could make it a FD.

@dvw, @ccco, @basyjames and @at Thanks! It’s a start, now it’s important to not let it slip again so I’m going for a CD today. I’m going to weigh myself on the 31st, it a bit frustrating to go on the scales at the moment.

@penz Your hosting is fine!

@michelinme Don’t worry, there are a lot of us posting so everyone who needs support will get it from someone.

We’re trying to get an appointment at another charity shop in town today. As Covid numbers in town are rising fast at the moment, we expect everything (except supermarkets) will be closed again from next week on. We need another bookcase.

Day 26 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Good morning everyone. I tried to post on Wednesday but it got lost in the ether, and when I pasted I got Tuesday’s post….but I have been here in spirit.

Right, first up, wearing a 24 hour BP monitor is uncomfortable and sleep was not great Wednesday night. I am covered in bruises from the blood tests and the monitor, and not all results are back. But, as I suspected, it’s official – I do have high blood pressure and started taking meds yesterday.

I have said before, high BP is prevalent in my family, my poor Mam passed at the age of 54 from it, so we all get ourselves checked regularly. I have been normal, try to keep fit and keep it normal, but something has happened the past few months, and my BP has gone over the high threshold. Maybe the bloods will show why?

Or it’s darn menopause. So this weekend I will reflect on what other things I can do to change my lifestyle to get my BP manageable. I really do have a relatively healthy lifestyle, but something else needs to be done.

However, day 2 of BP meds and I am at a super normal 123/80 (I won’t scare you with what it was pre-meds ), AND, I haven’t felt as good in at least 8 weeks ๐Ÿ’ƒ

On that, @basyjames, would you post that link to the menopause book you got a few months ago? The course I did is good but too much to take in with webinars etc, a simple book might be easier to assimilate.

Have a super Friday, I am looking forward to my healthy feelings returning and getting back to 5:2 normality with the encouragement of all you guys.

And thanks @michelinme for offering up for April, count me in.

โ˜บ๏ธ

Day 26 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

What a night, woke up more than once with rain battering against the window, still showery now. Farmers market in town today so looks like waterproofs going to be needed. We love farmers markets, wherever we are we try and support them.

Looking forward to the postponed 6 Nations match this evening, France need to beat Scotland, score 4 tries and need to win by a 21 point margin (or more) in that case France would win the tournament. Anything less and Wales will take the title. France will be determined to win, Scotland equally determined to stop them!

@daffodil2010 – Battled against BP for years, mainly due to work pressure, was on call 24/7 for a long time, just couldn’t ‘switch off’. Take care and make sure you get plenty of relaxation time for yourself. Funny how once I retired my BP dropped to normal quite quickly.

@Mitchelinme – Good luck with the cats, bain of a gardeners life, caught many a cat with a well aimed jug of water as they were sneaking round the flower beds!

Take care all.

Day 26 – Canada – NFD

Good morning everybody. Another lovely overcast day here and almost all of the snow has melted, just in time for a bit more tocome tomorrow. :).

I had a good FD yesterday and weigh-in this morning. Iโ€™ll do my best to stay on track today and will have a long walk, a short HIIT and a medium resistance training session. I always feel so much better when I put in the effort.

@daffodil2010 – it sounds like youโ€™re getting good health care, glad to hear youโ€™re feeling better. When my mother started taking BP medication she felt fantastic and she says sheโ€™s never had another migraine.

@penz – I think youโ€™ve done a great hosting job, thank you.

@stitchincarol – thanks for the quotation, nice way to start the day.

@snowflake56 – sorry to hear the covid numbers are rising in your town, itโ€™s such a worry.

Take care all.

Day 26 – USA/GA – NFD

Not much sleep last night between the weather radio alarms and running up and down the stairs between basement and bed (the last time at 2:30 a.m.). Anyway, weighed in at a decisive 224 lbs this morning (if I weren’t retaining water and had a better night’s sleep, might have gone into 223 territory!).

No ZBC after last night’s ordeal. Going to go in for my half day of work and looking forward to the weekend.

Have a great day!

Day 26 – Rural Nebraska – CD1000 or less

144.2 That’s the cheerful number my scale gave me this morning. I stared in shock and joy and wonder for so long that the digital scale turned off while I was still standing there! I’ve been racking my brain, and I think the last time I was at this weight was in 2016 when I was on my way back up from having gotten down to 137.

Last night’s meal was lovely, company-wise, and decent, food-wise. They had a grilled chicken sandwich that had all additions, including mayo, on the side, so I got to control how much was on it; I chose steamed veggies for my side and simply drank water (although I did ask to take a deep smell of the yummy beer next to me, LOL!) There were deep-fat-fried appetizers all over that table that were meant to be shared, and I skipped all of it except for two small nibbles. I’m more and more convinced that the hypnosis is what has produced my mostly stellar self-control, and doing it via zoom has made it so marvelously simple. I’m very, very glad I made that commitment.

My goal weight for Easter has been a rapidly rising moving target since I kept having months where no weight was dropping, but the most recent goal was 143. I was beginning to think even that wasn’t possible, but this morning’s number tells me I can. In fact, for the nine days between now and Easter, I’m setting a goal of 10K steps per day (starting tomorrow, unfortunately, as I just don’t think there are enough hours today to get it done), FD500x5 and FD1000x4. The math says I’ll lose two actual pounds beyond water weight doing that, and I’ll be busy enough that I think I can pull it off. I wouldn’t do that for long, nor very often, but one week should be fine. Wish me luck!

@snowflake56 I’m so sorry your covid numbers are rising again; I’ve heard reports on the news that all of Europe is experiencing a rise. Thankfully, here in Nebraska, the numbers are steadily lowering.

@daffodil2010 I’m so sorry you have to deal with high BP, but so thankful you’re able to regulate it with meds. Hopefully, you’ll find some diet/lifestyle solutions that also contribute to lower numbers!

@northgeorgia I thought of you last night when I heard on the news how stormy the South was going to be, and the weather forecaster commented people weren’t going to get great sleep. Since you didn’t say anything, I’m guessing you didn’t have any storm damage, at least!

My tax paperwork is just about done; I’ll finish that up this morning, then have another zoom session with my hypnotist, then a zoom session with my sisters, then our appointment with our accountant. @northerndawn, are you done with yours? I would normally celebrate with a lovely wine or some amazing beer, so it’s a bit sad to be celebrating with water, LOL, but what good training to remember that celebrations don’t need to include calories/alcohol to be festive!

For those of you glued to rugby, enjoy the France/Scotland match! @michelinme, I think you’d be a great host also, and we’ll be fine on the days you can’t post!

Okay, off to do another happy dance at my 144.2, LOL!!

Day 26 UK NFD

Very pleased with what my new scales are showing me , just a couple of ounces difference with you @stitchincarol , and your enthusiasm is contagious!

Aiming for a โ€œcontrolledโ€ weekend then back to fasting Monday looking for a good end to the month

Thanks for volunteering for April @michelinme Youโ€™ll be great and we really can take care of ourselves if necessary I wonder if @flourbaby and @missybear will tune in – hope youโ€™re ok out there ๐Ÿ‘‹

Hope the BP gets under control @daffodil2010 – what a worry

USA. Day 26. FD800

@northgeorgia, I hope you fared okay after yesterday. I saw the national news. Scary stuff.

Congrats, @stitichincarol! It’s always wonderful to hear one of us hit a well sought after scale number.

Glad you found a way to get your BP back under control, @daffodil2010. Even with medicine, I am still battling mine and my doctor is not taking in-person patients since the beginning of the lockdown, but my problem stems from my age! ๐Ÿ™

Today is my son’s birthday but I haven’t been able to see him since Christmas 2019 due to the virus. I am so looking forward to the day we can be together again!

Pocket List Day 26
    @ccco

DTF
    @ccco

ZBC
    @ccco

Day 26 – UK – TDEE

Was aiming for a CD but most likely will be just below TDEE – another great yoga class this morning ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ

@penz – the surprise dinner has now been moved to tomorrow night – I’m not cooking per se just finishing off the meal preparation – a delivery from Simon Rogan at home once more ๐Ÿ˜‹OH does not know I have ordered it………a 3 course vegetarian option for him and the meat one for me!
    @michelinme – you were a great host previously so I’m sure that you’ll be a great host once more if you end up hosting April๐Ÿค—
    @daffodil2010 – in view of the family history absolutely right to keep an eye on your blood pressure – great to hear that the meds are having an immediate effect
    @i-hate-lettuce – also looking forward to the Rugby tonight – I’m sure it will be an exciting game!
    @northgeorgia – I would be rather grumpy this morning if I had the disturbed night you last night……
    @stitchincarol and @brightonbelle – you are both doing great! Stay positive and motivated!

I’m hoping that my controlled week since Sunday has undone the damage from the previous week when I went off the rails and imbibed way too many calories in food and wine……..I would be happy to be back around the 56kg mark when I weigh in tomorrow on those fancy new scales!!!

Remembering my motivational quote โ€œIf I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am nowโ€

Day 26 North Canton OH FD

Itโ€™s a red letter day my friends, stepped on the scale this morning and I have lost another 1.5 pounds, totaling 3.5 pounds lost this week. I had initial planned to lose another 3.5 but I think it is time to step into maintenance. My face looks angular, my cheekbones are popping, and my visceral fat level has dropped to a 6. I am concerned that additional losses will look emaciating. I never imagined this day would come this soon- I was projecting meeting my goal in May based on the scale not budging at all the entire month of January and I am super happy. So now comes the difficult part; maintaining.

@daffodil2010 the book is The menopause diet plan; a natural guide to managing hormones, health and happiness by Hillary Wright & Elizabeth Ward. I am so happy for you that your BP numbers have come down-that is awesome.

@i hate lettuce your BP dropped when you retired?! LOL you donโ€™t say? Does that tell you something? Retirement looks good on you pal.

@stitchincarol sharing your joy and so glad you made the commitment as well

@brightonbelle exciting and awesome to see progress made

Pocket List Day 26
    @ccco
    @basyjames

DTF
    @ccco

ZBC
    @ccco

Day 26 Minnesota, USA CD

I’ve been so busy and spending way too much time online trying to sort taxes and find a vaccine, and send emails to family members with “situations”. I’m so behind on posts. I need to get back into weight loss mode instead of floating along at the same weight, maybe up a pound, but in healthy BMI. I’m finding it too easy to jump off the FD wagon. However, looking at myself, I’d say I need at least another 10-12 pounds off to lose a “too high for health” fat percentage, and also I need to increase exercise to build muscle for strength and balance.

@basyjames I am so happy for you!!!! Wow! You are so inspiring! Chiseled, popping cheek bones is a goal of mine (but without old lady sag underneath them, I hope)!

Enjoy the weekend everyone, and I’ll try to catch up with all of you and your lives and successes!
    Best of luck to everyone!

Day 26 – Ireland – NFD ๐ŸŒผ

Iโ€™ve been so busy and lots going on here so have not posted in a week or so…
    I was feeling glum this week…. like many I think… and I havenโ€™t caught up on posts… but am getting back into routine, cutting sugar after being a glutton and two good FDs banked so will feel better ๐Ÿ‘ it swings in roundabouts at the moment …
    BUT today is Daffodil Day in Ireland which is a fundraising initiative for the Irish Cancer Society so there are daffs everywhere…
    I hope @daffodil2010 enjoys this day as it injects such bright colour into our day ๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’›

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 27 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Fabulous Friday yesterday, got to the Farmers Market and the weather turned dry long enough for a wander round! After lunch went to a plant nursery where we get our summer bedding plants from, greenhouse is now starting to look busy, going to have quite a bit of work to do over the next few weeks!

Then there was the Rugby ! Yet another knife edge game with a very exciting finish, the French lads will be kicking themselves for not putting the ball into touch when they had the opportunity, well done Scotland. No wonder I love this tournament.

@stitchincarol – Good luck with the 9 day plan.

@basyjames – Retirement, yes, suits me well and fits like a glove, the longer I’ve been at it the better I’ve become!

@jaifaim – Daffodils, yes very cheery, hope they brighten your day. A fabulous flower which cancer charities have done well to adopt. I find gardening, flowers in the garden and just being outdoors medicine in itself. If I find my head in turmoil? I go for a walk always works for me. Just going to buy the plants for summer yesterday was fun and gave us both a lift. The last few years our summer pots have just been a riot of ‘loud’ colour, so this year just the same, the brightest colours once more.

Take care all

Day 27 – UK – NFD

Good morning all

Some data to start – nothing like a new toy to play with ๐Ÿคฃ @basyjames @ccco @brightonbelle
    When the new scales arrived on 22/3 I set them up and paired it with my phone and it recorded my weight as 57.9kg and on weighing in today on both scales these are the results:-
    Old scales – Wt 56.1kg
    New scales – Wt 56.75 (โฌ‡๏ธ1.15kg) – all measurements in green – BMI 20.8 – Body Fat 24.5 – Visceral Fat 4 – Metabolic Age 58 ๐Ÿ˜Š

On reading @basyjames post where she says “My face looks angular, my cheekbones are popping, and my visceral fat level has dropped to a 6. I am concerned that additional losses will look emaciating.” it reminded me that when I dropped my weight to below 55kg friends told me that I was looking too thin so perhaps with a visceral fat level of 4 I should adjust my maintenance weight range to 55-57kg and be happy with that??

@stitchincarol – great news and good luck with your 9 day plan – will be following your posts and supporting you ๐Ÿค—
    @i-hate-lettuce – definitely great rugby last night – France could not replicate those bursts of flair and Scotland just wouldn’t let them!

Enjoying a cup of tea and logging on here whilst waiting to hear what time my delivery from Simon Rogan will be – hopefully sometime this morning………giving me time to get out for a brisk walk before any rain arrives, weather forecast for today is cool and most likely dry with intermittent sunshine until early evening ๐Ÿคž it stays that way. Really want to get a good walk in today as tomorrow looks wet, wet…..โ˜”๏ธโ˜”๏ธ so will be perfect for staying in and watching the last and deciding ๐Ÿ ODI between England and India

Hope everyone has a fab weekend ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Day 27 – Canada – FD

Had a good TDEE day yesterday to accompany the thunderstorm-it knocked out my internet! I spent a bit of time reading a book about Feng Shui and made a few minor changes in my home – I put 9 oranges into a bowl in my living room – itโ€™s supposed to transform the home by giving positive energy. We shall see, if nothing else it looks lovely โ˜บ๏ธ

@stitchincarol, @basyjames & @brightonbelle – congratulations to you all. Your hard work and commitment is paying off. So inspirational!!!

@at – I think your range of 55-57 is a healthy one but it really depends on where you feel your best. A friend of mine used to say ยซย itโ€™s either your figure or your faceย ยป Iโ€™ll take my figure any day. Just my 2 cents.

Have a nice weekend.

Day 27 Pocket List
    @dvw

Day 27 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

Another lovely view on the scale this morning, and yesterday’s plan of around 1000 calories ended up being 600-700. I’m pretty amazed by my discipline, and certainly enjoying the results. Back when I was ACTUALLY 5’4″ the top weight for me was 145, so that’s a huge part of my thrill yesterday, that I’m officially no longer overweight. True, I’ve not only shrunk in my 62 years, but I believe the recommendations have shifted down a bit, so I’m probably still slightly over–and I certainly want to lose a lot more–but it’s a huge mental milestone, so I’m accepting it as a victory number.

Today, I put away all the tax preparation stuff and restore order to my dining room table. DH has been keeping order in the kitchen all week, so there’s little to do there. The best part of the day will be to finally have time to get in some treadmill time as well as a walk outside with a friend, and to spend several hours practicing the organ for Easter. I adore the relief and release that comes after finishing taxes, and to couple that with several pounds loss is great fun!

@basyjames Your accomplishment of reaching maintenance is so thrilling, CONGRATULATIONS!!! You must be absolutely pumped. You’ve made your recent weight loss sound effortless and almost accidental, and I can’t help but wonder if you’ll find yourself losing additional weight. How did it happen that you lost SO much weight this week?? What’s your plan for maintenance?

@brightonbelle While I’m thrilled with 144-something, my ultimate is goal is at least 132 and probably even 125. How much more are you wanting to lose?

@toady Where are you???? You’ve been silent for several days (longer??) and I hope everything is going well for you!

@northgeorgia I too saw the horrible destruction on the news last night, and pray you’ve escaped any damage!

@ccco Happy birthday to your son! Do you zoom with him? My three sisters and I, who are spread from coast to coast, have been zooming weekly since last May and we’re so treasuring that time.

@jaifaim I adore daffodils, and the American Cancer Society used to have Daffodil Sunday as a fundraiser; I looked recently, and they don’t seem to be doing it any more, more’s the pity. I’ll pretend I’m enjoying some even as you luxuriate in those around you!

@at With a BMI of 20.9, I would think you’re already at a perfect weight to maintain, but I certainly understand wanting to be thinner than some people think is reasonable (at one point, I was wonderfully content at 112, and ate like a pig and didn’t gain weight, but was told I was far too thin…). If you don’t accept 55-57kg as a good range, what would be your actual goal, and why?

Our ice maker in the freezer connected to our fridge is stuck, and is making a strange noise. We think we know the solution; fingers crossed it works, LOL! Have a grand day, everyone!

day 27 UK NFD
    Day 26 NFD

Been a bit full on but keeping going well. I didn’t have a Friday blow out yesterday but kept to TDEE! I’m celebrating today with heaps of red lentil pasta, cauliflower, broccoli & a vegan & spinach sauce – yum.

Forgot to weigh in yesterday which is annoying as today’s weight isn’t DAFD. But it’s not showing a gain for March so that’s something. I’m doing well wrt food, recording intake, avoiding sugar & carbs so it’ll pay off at some point. No movement on the scales is not worth losing motivation over…

@at @basyjames congratulations on your great results ๐Ÿ™‚
    @stitchincarol sounds great – with you all the way
    @daffodil2010 v glad to hear your BP is coming down quickly. Well done for paying attention and getting doctor appts set up. Hope this continues well, and you feel the benefit
    @jaifaim great to hear from you. Brilliant to have got two FDs under your belt while not feeling v motivated x

I’m taking part in an online retreat today alongside people in the US, led by an Irish poet. Definitely one of the silver linings of lockdown… Determined to have eaten and be in PJs by the time we start our next session – esp with the clocks going forward tonight!

Whatever the day brings, go gently

Day 27 North Canton OH NFD

@at those numbers sound incredible! With a BMI on the low end of normal and a visceral fat % that low. I think you’re good to go. Congratulations!

@northerndawn, @ stitchincarol, @dvw thank you!! It feels great to finally meet goal.

@stitchincarol it didn’t feel effortless and I don’t think it was accidental. The scales were not responsive at all to my consistent efforts in January but I just continued doing what I was doing; working out everyday and fasting every other day. That rhythm worked well for me and I had read somewhere that if you have a good system, you need to be consistent with your practice until you get the results that you want. I was also more concerned with building muscle at the beginning of this year based on the info I picked up from the menopause book. After I got the fancy scale, I ate to my BMR on most non-fast days, and of course I continued my practice of only eating breakfast and lunch on fast and non-fast days. I think all of those efforts built momentum, and in the last few weeks it snow-balled to giving ne the results I’ve had.
    I’ll watch closely the next couple weeks to make sure I’m eating to TDEE rather than BMR because I want to cut off any additional momentum; like you said, I may continue losing weight if I don’t.
    For maintenance, my plan is to fast 2 days a week and eat to TDEE on the other 5. I’ll adjust as needed of course, if that doesn’t work.
    Have a wonderful day everyone

Day 27 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in this morning was 226 lbs; so close to 225, but not quite! Although my Saturdays show a plateau this month, at least I’m firmly in the mid 220s, and got to a new low of 224 twice this week. I’m content for March.

We escaped the first round. Another round of bad weather is headed this way Sunday. We typically have tornado-type weather around Palm Sunday. Strange, but true.

Day 28 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Glum morning weather-wise this morning, but greenhouse jobs later, Mrs IHL been baking cakes for friends birthdays, so off out later today to deliver another one, she loves an excuse to bake!

After all this time in lockdown and isolation etc, I’m finally starting to sit in an afternoon and read! For long enough it’s become a standing joke, “What we doing this afternoon? Watch a film on TV? Lounge around and read?” The truth is we rarely do just sit around lounge about, but this last week we seem to be ahead on ‘jobs’ and have spare time for lounging in the conservatory, bit cool to sit out yet, with coffee and reading.

Take care all.

Day 28 – Canada – NFD

Good morning all. Just 4 days left in March. Iโ€™m quite sure I wonโ€™t meet my goal this month but Iโ€™m still lower than I was. My weigh-in will be April 1 so perhaps a couple of FDs are in order. I like your plan @basyjames to exercise every day and fast every other day. Iโ€™ll try that in April. Thanks.

Take care.

Day 28 NFD

Fasting tomorrow and aiming for a good end to the month

@stitchincarol – I was aiming for 138 but my new goal is to drastically reduce my body fat % it is a shockingly high 37% Iโ€™m very aware that Iโ€™ve gained a โ€œmenopause bellyโ€ but seeing it flash up red on my super new scales app has brought it the the front of my attention – I donโ€™t think itโ€™s something I can rush so realistically below 30 at year end ?

Onwards……see you on the lists in the morning ๐ŸŒž

Day 28 – USA/GA – NFD

Thankfully, the storms died down when they crossed over around 11 a.m. Lots of rain, a little wind, but not much else.

Weigh-in today: 226 lbs. Although it’s been a bit of a plateau month, it was nice to hit 224 lbs a couple of times. I’m getting ready to readjust my monthly goals based on my new snail-paced loss. It will help me see that yes, I am still losing weight, but significantly slower than when I first began. I’ll also take a look into what’s working for and against me, and consider that as April starts up.

Hope everyone has a great final week of the March challenge!

Day 28 UK NFD

Yesterday went over TDEE by 230 thanks to popcorn, today I’m on track for a well-controlled TDEE. Posting to keep me on the straight and narrow ๐Ÿ™‚

V glad to be able to eat yesterday’s leftovers today as it’s been weirdly full – church service, zoom coffee then leading a zoom gathering this afternoon. I also spent the last couple of hours writing up the notes and emailing them round so no homework to carry over. But that’s Sunday gone!

I’ve missed cooking but I’m also really tired & SO missing that extra hour as the clocks went forward overnight. I’m now heading for a light late supper and a bath – on grey gloomy windy wet days, there’s no place like bed.

See you on the lists tomorrow!

2nd post

I’ve set up the April challenge. Is there a lovely volunteer to do the spreadsheet please…?

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/springing-up-april-2021-challenge/#post-327265

Day 28 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Woke up to 143.6 this morning. I keep thinking the fun will be all over soon, LOL, because I simply haven’t been losing weight for months, so it’s a pinchable-moment every time I see one of those low numbers. Tomorrow, however, won’t be low, since Sunday is my “day off.”

@dvw How’s the positive energy from the 9 oranges in a bowl; are you feeling it?? ๐Ÿ˜‰

@basyjames I loved your detailed explanation of what you’ve been doing, and what you plan to do for maintenance. I, of course, knew it wasn’t effortless that you lost weight, but you’ve not been sharing any frustrations or challenges in particular, so it was a surprise to hear you’d met goal–and especially to have lost so much in one week. That was an absolute whoosh for you, I’d say! Given how steady you’ve been all this time in your behavior, I’ll just bet you also manage to be very steady in maintenance!

@northgeorgia So glad last night’s storms avoided you. So much heartache after the storms already!

@brightonbelle Wow, that’s just an amazing number. I wonder if it isn’t worth getting a different measurement somehow? Being so close to goal weight and still being so high in body fat percentage doesn’t make any sense, does it?

It’s a lovely day out today, but cool, and I’m about asleep on the sofa. I either have to get up and get active, or give into temptation and take a nap! Have a great day, everyone, and “see” you tomorrow!

Day 28 Minnesota, USA NFD

I am back!! I have finished with the taxes, well, kind of….lol. All paperwork was taken to the tax man yesterday, and what a relief!
    However, there are a couple of missing documents. My fault. My DH thinks it’s very funny. Two receipts for Charity donations and I totally forgot where I put them! I remember printing them off, and I remember thinking, ” I’ll put these in a good place that I will remember”.
    And now, I can’t find them. ๐Ÿ™„I need to locate them in the next two days, or we will just take our chances, I guess. Or forego the deduction. ๐Ÿ˜’I know we donated and exactly how much. Oh well. I may have to write the charities and get copies, I guess. In case of audit.

I am very happy today because last night at 2300 hours my time, but changing my phone to MIDNIGHT Eastern time, I was able to sign up for a Pfizer vaccine at a local pharmacy, as they release appointments each night/morning at midnight for the exact day a week ahead.

It really shouldn’t be so hard for people. Especially, older people. But I am so relieved and happy because I will be able to attend my oldest granddaughter’s graduation and be fully vaccinated with a couple of weeks to spare! I can’t even describe how much this means to me. She was coronated as Homecoming Queen in the first weekend of October, and we were the only grandparents not there. I’ll never be able to get that time and event back. So, thank the Lord that we can be there for her graduation.

@basyjames – I remember how hard you have been working out and minding your diet throughout February and March. Your hard work has paid off, and going into maintenance will be it’s own learning experience. I hope you will continue to share that with the rest of us. Successful maintenance has always alluded me! I need your experience and insights!

@stitchincarol – You are really on a roll, lady! I am so happy for you! Enjoy it, enjoy it, enjoy it! I get what you are saying about wanting to get down to, what, 125?. I’d like to get down to mid 130’s, but in 2016 I got to 138 for a couple days, and then that was it. I started going up. I think I did it too fast, or maybe that’s not reasonable for me at this age. I am 5′ 6.5″ these days. My goal is 150 lbs by May 22 (granddaughters grad reception), and then see what that feels like. Anyway, whatever you decide to try, I’m supporting you all the way. We have to go by how things feel, not maybe so much how they look. I want to be able to bounce up off the floor during yoga/exercise, for instance. That’s the most important thing.

@michelinme – If you decide to host, I know you will be wonderful as in the past when you have done so! But do what is comfortable for you. There are plenty of us to help out, so do keep that in mind.

Be strong and be mindful, everyone!

Second Post

@northgeorgia – I was also worried about you and the storms around you! I hope no damage to you or your friends and family. As a person who grew up in the midwest I am quite familiar with tornadoes. I have been in three, but no injury to myself or family. It’s just an unbelievable force that is so quick and so devastating, that one has little time to prepare or process it’s effects. Stay safe during this, your dangerous time.

@i-hate-lettuce – You already have farmer’s markets? Ours will not start for about 7 weeks. What do they offer? I’d love to know. My DH and I love them.

Day 29, FD, Aus

I do like a Monday FD โ€“ great way to kick off the week.

@daffodil2010 โ€“ glad to hear youโ€™re already feeling better and your BP is back to normal range.

Nice to read of your cooperative scale results, @northgeorgia, @stitchincarol, @brightonbelle, and especially @basyjames now moving into maintenance. Well done!
    Thanks all for your kind words re my hosting efforts.

I hear retirees complain, @IHL, that they never get a day off. Certainly your days seemed filled with gardening and rugby โ€“ no rest for the wicked!

I love daffodils. We have two lovely sunflowers beaming out of our vegie bed at the moment. They always seem like happy plants.

@at, your Simon Rogan dinner sounded great. How was it?

Thank you for hosting April, @michelimme.

Day 29, Emden Germany, FD

@dvw, @stitchincarol We’re having a strict lockdown from tomorrow on again, this whole thing is just never going to end and no vaccination in sight.

@stitchincarol and @at Congratulations on your great results!

@basyjames Congratulation on being in maintenance now and thanks for explaining how you got there!

Pocket list day 29
    @penz
    @snowflake56

Day 29 Country West Australia FD
    Soooooooo glad to be back on the wagon.
    Drinking so much water I slosh when I walk. Back to very small portions.
    Got my ” won’t power” back – as in I WON’T have the chocolate/cake/chips etc.
    Pleased to say that I am back to the lowest weight since December 2019.
    Still a LOOONGGGGG way to go to get back to 2017 weight but all heading in the right direction so all good.
    I feel really full with the smaller portions I have been eating but am alarmed at how much I WAS eating.
    ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    @penz, now that I am back in the habit, I too, like to start the week with a fast day. It seems to set me up for the week.
    @basyjames; @at; @stitchincarol – congratulations to you all on good results. Must be a March thing!!
    Have a good day.

Day 29 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Still at exact same weight since November, if I was wanting to maintain I would be delighted, but not at this weight!

Still, 3 more days to go to make a difference. I need to lose weight now that I have high BP, so it’s back to ZBC, lunch today will be kefir, blueberries and banana, and dinner will be spinach, olives, and a boiled egg. I think I will do B2B2B and weigh in on Thursday 1st April.

That day is also my Mam’s 29th anniversary, and as I really believe it was her voice telling me to get to the doctor to get sorted, I really want to have some kind of loss that day to let her know that I listened to her.

@basyjames, thanks, I will order that book this evening

Have a great Monday.

Day 29 – Lake District UK

Good morning everyone

Funny how you suddenly remember things, Monday morning school assembly in the early 1960’s Headmaster giving his start of week talk to school and we had to recite every Monday morning …. “Well begun is half done”! Obviously trying to get us off to a flying start at the beginning of the week.

@northerndawn – Our monthly farmers markets run all year round, it’s got to be exceptionally bad weather (or covid) that closes them.

@penz – You will be pleased to hear after delivering cake to friend yesterday we did indeed sit in the nice warm sunny conservatory and read, drank coffee and just chilled for a couple of hours! For once ๐Ÿ˜‰

Take care all

Pocket list day 29
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 29 UK FD

Lovely bright Monday morning and our first relaxing of lockdown rules ๐ŸคžBusy day ahead

Pocket list day 29
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle

Day 29 – UK – FD800

Woke up early for my 7am zoom Broga class and it is another grey, wet and windy day ๐ŸŒง โ˜”๏ธ I swear it did not stop raining yesterday apart from a brief pause late evening – I stayed at home watching the 3rd ODI cricket match where England were beaten in a thrilling one-day series decider against India ๐Ÿ OH went out for a run but stayed low level (silly man or just mad!!) and at the moment today looks just as grim as yesterday so will not be venturing out for a walk but will do a zoom Pilates class this afternoon to keep me motivated.

Enjoyed my Simon Rogan meal ๐Ÿฅ‚ on Saturday and made it a OMAD so managed to come in just above TDEE
    @penz – The Menu was – Veloute of Cep Mushroom, Smoked Yolk and Stout – Sourdough roll and Whipped Butter – Stuffed Shoulder of Herdwick Lamb, Lamb-Fat Potatoes, Caramelised Onion and Paris-Brest, 70% Chocolate cremeux and Praline to finish ๐Ÿ˜‹ (OH had a Cauliflower Steak cooked in Brown Butter, Heritage Potatoes, Caramelised Onions for his main meal)

Yesterday ended up way above TDEE due to some cheese and biscuits after dinner with a glass or two of port ๐Ÿท๐Ÿง€ haven’t had any for a long time so really enjoyed the treat ๐Ÿ˜‹ (I stopped counting calories ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ)
    Back on the wagon today DTF and with FD800 x 3 to finish this Motivational March Challenge on a positive note!

@dvw – I agree – it’s finding that balance of feeling and looking good for our age ๐Ÿ˜‰
    @stitchincarol – I am happy at that weight range – however when I first lost weight I dropped to and stayed around 54kg easily for ages but now seem to sit around 56kg – may be muscle gain as I do a lot more exercise these days ๐Ÿ’ช
    @basyjames – thank you and great news for you too – Welcome to maintenance I will highlight you in Green on April’s spreadsheet. OH is a party pooper as he reckons that the body fat/visceral fat measurements on these scales cannot be too accurate!!!!! but I’ll happily take it as a guide anyway……
    @michelinme – Thank you for setting up the April Challenge – happy to do the spreadsheet for you ๐Ÿ˜Š
    @lilymartin – you have definitely found your mojo and how wonderful to be back to the lowest weight since December 2019!!!

Pocket list day 29 – Together we are stronger!
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @at FD800 (1st of B2B2B)

DTF ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅ‚
    @at

ZBC ๐Ÿšซ
    @at โ€“ every day!

Exercise ๐Ÿ‹๏ธโ€โ™€๏ธ 30ร—5
    @at (today 45mins Broga and 60mins Pilates)

Remember that โ€œIf you keep going you wonโ€™t regret it. If you give up you will.โ€

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 495 total)

You must be logged in to reply.