2021 Monthly Challenge – Motivational March!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
2021 Monthly Challenge – Motivational March!

This topic contains 484 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  stitchincarol 2 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 495 total)

• Day 5, Emden Germany, NFD

Hi everyone, it’s time to get back on track again after.

@penz thank you so much for taking the lead this month and @at for making the spreadsheet again. I’m glad to see many familiar names and new ones too.

I’m a Dutchwoman living in the North of Germany, married, 64 years old, 163 cm/5’4″ tall. My weight was 56 kg/123.5lbs all my adult life until starting a new job in 2011 where my weight crept up to 72.9 kg. I read the book and joined the challenges on and off from March 2017 on. I lost 20 kg very quickly but gained half of it back after retirement in March 2018. I don’t think I’m in maintenance anymore, my pants are a bit tight on the waist. I haven’t weighed myself for a while as my clothes fitted well until now. The plan is to do FDs when my DH is at work, when he’s not, we’re having breakfast together.

As I’m not much on the internet anymore (I really don’t need more depressing news at the moment) I haven’t read any posts so just hope everyone is fine.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 5 – USA/GA – NFD

Yesterday’s ZBC went well and today’s post NFD weigh-in? Exactly the same as yesterday’s post FD weigh-in at 225 lbs. That’s the first time I’ve hit 225 two days in a row. Three more NFDs ahead, so hoping to stay away from 230 through Monday morning 🙂

Hoping for 224 next week…

Happy Friday!

Day 5 – Canada – FD

Good morning. Just a quick check in to stay accountable and start a pocket list.
    @stitchincarol – so looking forward to your report on hypnosis, interesting.

Pocket list
    @dvw

Day 5 – UK – NFD 🍷

Yesterday also ended up as a FD600 just like my first FD this week on Tuesday but that’s OK – being flexible is all part of this WOL – weight this morning back to 55.5kg ☺️

Great “Spring Clean” Yoga class this morning with lots of twists, strength building poses, a little flow, some pranayama and a short relaxation at the end 🙏

@nuno – great start to your Motivational March Challenge!
    @michelinme – the 2nd day of the test match was marked by a great innings by R Pant for India – great fightback – if you get a chance watch the highlights!!
    @stitchincarol – I too am looking forward to hearing your thoughts about the effects of your hypnosis zoom sessions
    @ hate lettuce – your day bimbing about yesterday sounded very productive in more ways than one
    @snowflake56 – so lovely to see your post and to hear that you are OK 🤗 I know what you mean about the news – OH and I restrict ourselves to listening to the BBC or Channel 4 evening news here as it does all get too much!!

Looking forward to our lovely meal delivery this evening with OH accompanied by some 🍷 and then aiming for a TDEE weekend with some energetic long walks planned – weather should be dry if cold and overcast!

“Instead of indulging in ‘comfort food,’ indulge in comfort meditation, comfort journaling, comfort walking, comfort talking, comfort manicures, comfort reading, comfort yoga, comfort hugging.”

Day 5 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

Yesterday’s FD went well, and the scales this morning were down another pound, so that adds to the motivation I’m already feeling. Today and tomorrow will be the real gauge of how effective the hypnosis is; tonight, DH and I are going out to eat (a luxury that we can enjoy in Nebraska) and tomorrow I intend to fast.

So here’s the scoop on hypnosis. First of all, despite what you see on TV/movies, there is no possible way for people under hypnosis to be forced into behavior they’re not willing to do. When you’re under hypnosis, you are aware of every word, still thinking in the way that you think, but simply massively relaxed so that your subconscious is very aware of everything/every word. That’s what makes it effective, is that the hypnotist gives suggestions and encouragement that your subconscious hears and processes and takes to heart. We spent 2.5 hours on fine-tuning the things my gal would say, so that was not a fast process.

I went under hypnosis “live” on Tuesday evening, and have listened twice a day since then to the recording she made of that session; I will continue to listen twice a day until our next session a week from today (Friday morning). The things we settled on her saying included being content with smaller portions, eating/drinking healthy and nutritious foods/beverages, enjoying the contrast between FDs and NFDs, being eager to do the things that are always on my to-do list (not the language she used, but a fast way of explaining to you what she said, the point being to keep me busy and away from the kitchen, nibbling on food), and always excited for the goal of a slimmer me.

So, very basic stuff, relevant to probably all of us. Has it worked? That’s where the truly honest part of me has to wait to say. I’ve usually been good during the week, and always have struggled on Fridays and Saturdays, so I won’t know how effective it’s been until I’ve experienced today and tomorrow. I’m busy planning away for what we’ll eat today and tomorrow, so that will hopefully give good results.

One thing that’s definitely different is that I again CARE about losing weight. For several months now, I’ve given lip-service to the idea of losing weight, but those words were more a result of knowing I SHOULD care, rather than a result of actually caring. Now, I’m again feeling the excitement of anticipating a lower weight each week–huge progress, since that excitement is directly related to my willingness to follow through on appropriate behavior. Make sense what I mean?

So I’ll let you know in the next few days how today and tomorrow go. Plus, on Sunday, my boys will be here and we’ll have brunch and then Guinness Pie and Lemon Posset for supper (clearly not anything that’s inherently diet-friendly!), so we’ll see how tough it is to skip the beer and limit the quantities of food consumed.

@snowflake56 Welcome back!!! It’s so good to see your name again!

@penz You’re being a perfectly lovely host; no worries! And here’s the saying that goes perfectly with your decision to throw away your roast chicken: “it can either go to waste or it can go to waist; your choice.” 😂

@toady Yup, many times the reviews have told me what I needed to know, but I too ignored them; sometimes you have to experience things to know what reviews were relevant and what reviews were just sour grapes. Well, hopefully you have a good long time before they raise your own rent.

@songbirdme So glad your silence is just reflective of being busy and nothing serious. 💗

@northgeorgia How lovely to have 225 two days in a row! My fingers are crossed that you stay nice and low until your next FD!

@at What a great quote/idea about all the comfort-alternatives to comfort-food!

Have a great day, everyone, full of successes, however you define them today!

Day 5 North Canton OH NFD

Thank God it’s Friday!!! What a week this has been. I am ready for some R & R
    @snowflake56 it is great to see you, welcome back

@stitchincarol your hypnosis session sounds very interesting, I can’t wait to hear how it all works out; and yep! buckle in because that science report is a-coming 😁

@northgeorgia I can feel another drop coming, 224 loading as we speak, I am so excited for you

@i hate lettuce bumbling is just what the doctor ordered on a Friday like this

Have a great day everyone

“If you smile when you are alone, then you really mean it” – Andy Rooney

Day 5 UK NFD

Delighted to have pulled a b2b yesterday – i’d forgotten how much easier it is to fast the day after a FD.

Weekly weigh day – after 3 FDs this week i’m down precisely 0.5lbs! But mindful that not all progress can be measured on the scale I’ve also measured & am down 0.5 inches/1.25cm from my bust, waist & hips. My fat suit is slowly shrinking.

I have a fridge full of delicious vegetables and am already thinking about food for the weekend – a spicy tofu scramble with tomatoes & spinach for brunch tomorrow, courgette salad with a spicy lemon dressing to accompany the slaw, a butternut squash dal and either vienna plum cake or some squash & apple muffins to share with my mother and bench visitors for teas next week. I’m so glad to be back in the happy place where a fridge full of colourful vegetables feels like the most exciting abundance.

This has definitely been the best start to a month I’ve had in a while. January got off to a fast start but I felt so unwell – this feels like the beginning of actual motivation for the first time in over a year. I’m v grateful for sleep, hydration, yoga, meditation, sunshine & wonderful challenge buddies in helping me grow forward.

@snowflake56 lovely to see you again
    @daffodil2010 pacing for a WOL helps get our heads in a much more helpful place. hope you have good weather for your weekend walks and garden pottering.
    @stitchincarol great to hear about your hypnosis experience, thanks for sharing
    @at enjoy your treat meal tonight – you’ve earned it!

Strength to all fasting today. Whatever the day brings, go gently x

Day 5 USA (Illinois) NFD

Off to do Silver Sneakers, piano lessons, then give blood. Will be another full day of “stuff” today. Love the sunshine and snow melt, though! One of these days enough snow & ice will be gone to get the lighted Nativity Christmas decoration out of the front yard!

Onward and downward.

USA. Day 5. FD800

Welcome back, Snowflake56! Also, I am also curious, stitchincarol, to see how the hypnosis works. So far I have only known people to use it to stop smoking but this sounds excellent, too.

Pocket List Day 5

@dvw
    @ccco FD800

DTF
    @ccco

Small list today! I hope I found th right one! 🙂

Day 5 MN/USA FD500
    Day 4 CD

Yesterday’s FD went over by a couple hundred cals, so I’m doing one today to make two good FD500s this week. Averaging in the rest of the week, I have basically been doing an 800/day week. Each day ZBC, Dry (for Lent, actually), about 40 minutes+ exercise and low carb. I am actually down 2.3 lbs since last week (about a Kg). I am staying very focused! It feels so good to finally have my head in the right space and to be achieving my goals.

Looking back over the last 6 months, I lost 8 pounds the first month I started back on 5:2, 4 lbs in September, and then October came with some challenges……A couple of them more emotional, really, and related to missing important milestones and events with family, due to Covid. Since then I’ve just gained and lost the same 5 pounds (or more) over and over until these last 3 weeks.

I’ve decided to be happy about basically maintaining throughout the winter months, and to see it as an achievement instead of feeling frustrated or down about it. In the past I have often gained weight in the winter, so I’m looking at it as just restarting from a better place than usual at this time of year. So, now, with Spring in the air, I am choosing to get on with it towards my goal of 10 more lbs down by the end of May.

@songbirdme You are right: it is so lovely to see the snow melting away! I’m sure we will get more before the winter is over, but it feels so “Springy” to get rid of what has been on the ground for so long now.

@snowflake56 – I am so happy to see you back!

@stitchincarol – Thank you for the explanations and updates on the hypnosis. And enjoy your evening at the restaurant with your DH. I look forward to such an evening for myself so much!

@at – I love the quote you ended your post with! It makes such perfect sense, and yet we often forget to do those self comforting things that are good for us.

@basyjames – A big WooHoo!!! for your achievement on the scale!! And looking forward to your info on IF.

@dvw – Ahh, almonds, nuts of any kind, and pumpkin seeds: all very healthy but sadly high in calories. I think I could have an entire day eating just nuts and seeds. I have to keep limited quantities in the house, or I just go overboard so easily.

@penz – You are doing just fine as host……I am very appreciative that you stepped up this month to host us even though it is difficult for you with traveling. I’m sure everyone feels the same!

To everyone who finds themselves stalled or struggling: you will find your mojo soon, and when you do feel it…..take advantage of it and achieve a few “doable” short term goals to keep motivated. The success will come over time.

Have a great weekend!

Day 5 UK NFD

Not a bad day, not a good day! My report card would read ” must do better!” . But as I’ve had 4 good days this week I’m viewing the week as a partial success! The weekend always presents a challenge but will try to limit any potential damage!

Day 6, NFD, Aus

What wonderful advice and news you are all sharing. You are such a great bunch of people! Makes me happy.

Thank you for the hypnosis report, @stitchincarol.

This is my new mantra: “always excited for the goal of a slimmer me.”

Day 5 – NSW, AU – MFD

Weighed myself this morning – 89.5kg or 197lbs which means for the first time since probably mid last year I’m below 200lbs!! Had a 21 hour fast day yesterday and eating window of about 2.5 hours, as well as lots of peppermint tea and water of course. Lunch of sweet potato topped cottage pie, a hot cross bun and packet of Belvita Mini’s and that did me for the day and clocked in about 801 calories. Proud of myself for that small achievement and might even have a NFD tomorrow and get some vegetarian pizzas.

Day 5 Florida USA NFD It’s nearly midnight here but someone’s up somewhere in the world. My 2 FD’s this week were closer to 600 than 500 so I’m going to do another tomorrow. Progress has been slow possibly due to me being CRAZY about gelato and having a gelateria a few blocks from my house. Potato Chips are my other love but I’ve gotten into better relationship with that desire. Sweet and creamy is my go to comfort.
    When I’ve had success with the 5/2 I’ve REALLY had success. Looking at my graphs from 2013 through now I so wish I had appreciated it when I reached my goal instead of slip sliding away from what’s important.

Day 6, Emden Germany, FD

Thanks for the welcome back @at, @stitchincarol, @basyjames, @michelinme, @ccco and @northerndawn! The last 3 months were difficult, apart from losing our lovely cat, old health problems came back again. My blood levels are back in the low normal range now and I’m allowed to give 5:2 another go. I need it, I’m 3.6 kg/8 lbs over my maintenance weight, more than I thought it would be. I’ll just have to eat healthier and it will be gone again.

@stitchincarol Thank you for explaining how hypnosis works.

@at I’m sure you enjoyed your delivered dinner, it would be nice to have something like that overhere.

@michelinme and @northerndawn It’s so nice to read your positive posts!

Pocket list day 6
    @snowflake56

Day 6 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Nothing planned today, so will do it to the best of my ability!

Excellent easy FD yesterday, surprising how my mornings tend to just disappear, breakfast then ‘jobs’ or a walk or whatever, then afternoon relaxing. Although yesterday we got news of a special holiday that has been postponed several times, we were given a date for end of July.
    With the way things are going, vaccinations etc, fingers crossed, we dare to dream about travel again!

Take care all

Day 6 – Canada – FD

I had a good FD yesterday so today I’ll try another. First task today is to package up the almonds and pumpkin seeds and give them to my sister. As you say @basyjames, they’re far too tempting.

@at – love your comfort quote, I think I’ll print it out and stick it on my refrigerator door, thanks
    @stitchincarol – thank you for your hypnosis report, very interesting. I understand completely what you mean about truly ‘caring’ about weight loss. I’m sure this will make such a difference.
    @basyjames – thanks for quote – it made me smile 😊
    @michelinme – your meals sound lovely, healthy and delicious
    @northerndawn – maintaining your weight during the winter months is a great achievement! Thank goodness Spring is almost here.

Have a lovely day.

Pocket list day 6
    @snowflake56
    @dvw

Day 6 – USA/GA – NFD

Today’s weigh-in: 226 lbs. No net weight loss this week, but I think I’m on the right track for dropping a little next week.

Day 6 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

Well, yesterday had more calories than I would have chosen, but that’s what happens when you’re eating in a restaurant and limited to the choices on the menu. I chose a salad, but had it made into a wrap, and brought home half of it, so that felt noble. Eating the sweet potato fries that came with it did NOT feel noble, LOL, but they were yummy! Today is another FD to make up for yesterday and to prepare for tomorrow. I’m going over to do church secretary work this afternoon, so that should help me ignore food until supper.

@northerndawn Given my propensity for gaining weight when I’m not paying attention, the fact that, while I didn’t lose weight, I also didn’t gain any since last summer (at least until the last week of December when my kids were here for Christmas), was a huge celebration to me in having learned how to maintain. You are exactly right for labeling your own experience practice in maintaining. Now for both of us to lose enough to be at the weight we intend to maintain for the long term! 😁

@toady I was a big fan of The Biggest Loser when it was on, and your accomplishment is what they called reaching “one-derland”! Congratulations!

@mogaman Have you considered using My Fitness Pal to log your calories? There’s a free version that many on this forum use.

@snowflake56 I’m sure those 8 pounds seem huge to you, but if it’s any comfort, the idea of “only” 8 pounds to go seems joyous to me! I’m glad your health problems are back under control, and cyber hugs to you as you resume this WOL.

@i-hate-lettuce How exciting to have a travel date. I’ll cross my fingers with you in hopes it actually works out!

@northgeorgia Nice weigh-in today! I’ll just bet you’re right that you’ll lose some weight next week.

Pocket list day 6
    @snowflake56
    @dvw
    @toady (MFD)
    @stitchincarol

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @stitchincarol (dry until Easter)
    @northerndawn (dry until Easter)

ZBC 🚫
    @stitchincarol – every day!
    @at – every day!

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @at (probably)
    @stitchincarol

Day 6 Post 2

I’m revising my weigh-in to a post-ZBC to 225 lbs after all. Plus, my waist has dropped to 49 inches. Don’t worry; the weekend is young, and I am attepting converting a pre-made Focaccia dough into a homemade pizza at this moment. Well, I think it’s there under all that CHEEEEEEEEEEEESE. Whaaaaaap! I’m baking to share, so I think it’ll be OK *shifty look in my eyes*

Have a nice weekend, all!

Day 6 Florida USA FD @stitchincarol I’ve used the Lose It App to record what I eat since 2013. I think I’m guilty of choosing the lower number if they offer a range of choices for #of calories in a given item (like gelato.) I’m going to get serious and sideline gelato for March.

Day 6 MN/USA NFD

FD yesterday was 338 calories, which was strangely easy. I wasn’t really even cold at night. The hour and half of exercise earlier, including a 48 min hilly walk, yoga for 20 min and HIIT of 20 minutes seemed to help to both reduce my appetite and to keep me warmer at bedtime.

Today we are about to go to DD’s house to help celebrate DGD’s 9th birthday, and since she “helped” to make the cake and has been making flowers out of the icing to decorate it, DH and I will HAVE to eat some birthday cake today. LOL. I kept calories low yesterday in anticipation of some indulgences today, including grilled New York strip and roasted vegetables. It’s expected to be a lovely 50 F and we will sit in their back yard (garden) around a fire pit and have a wonderful day together!

@snowflake56 – I’m glad to hear your health has improved and you can join us again. As @stitchincarol said, 8 lbs does not seem so much to many of us, but I’m sure it is uncomfortable for you after you have been in maintenance for such a while. You’ll have it off within a couple months!

@stitchincarol – We will both meet our goals over the next months, and we will do it together! I’m glad to be on this journey with you.

@toady – Congratulations on getting under 200! That is a huge achievement, and I hope you enjoy the feeling and let it help to motivate you!

Have a fun Saturday!

Day 6 UK NFD

Yes @mogaman that’s exactly what I do , I really don’t know why I’m only cheating myself , I’m trying to go for the correct not the lowest option but it’s difficult 😬

Days 5, 6, and 7 (where have they gone) Melbourne Australia, OMAD Z🍷
    Although I’ve been AWOL I’m delighted to say I’m on track and managing to control my 🍷intake. It’s amazing how little I eat when not drinking. Wine definitely increases the munchies 🧀🍞🧈🫒🥖🥜 Thankfully I don’t have a sweet tooth.
    Thanks too for our your inspirational posts, they make such a difference. Hopefully as my mojo returns and the black dog lifts I’ll be able tojoin in. 🙏

Day 6 USA (Illinois) NFD

Judged solo and ensemble contest all day. Heard some nice renditions, voice and piano, and only ate 1/2 a cinnamon roll for breakfast, Greek salad for lunch. Good day – Cabernet and creamed herring now for supper. Goodly amount of wine. All is well. My ILLINI basketball team is fabulous.

Onward and downward.

Day 6 Post 3

Well, my old injury to my ankle and my old age are mixing badly today. Just narrowly avoided a face plant to the ground an hour ago. Have a bruised knee and a sore ankle and wrist to baby now (and some pants to soak in Oxyclean). When you say onwards and downwards, let’s be sure to tell our body parts this only means weight from fat, ok? haha

Take CARE everyone!

Day 6 – NSW, AU – NFD

Although I managed a 22 hour fast overnight I didn’t have a day of restrictive calories, devoured a pizza and a half during the course of the day and did boring things like washing my work clothes and listening to podcasts while diamond painting.

Started fasting again at 7:30pm, though did get woken up at 1:30am with a belly ache and it seemed like my body didn’t agree with something I had eaten… but plus side was I’m sure I would’ve lost nearly half a kilo overnight!

Day 7, Emden Germany, NFD

My first FD in a while didn’t go as planned, I joined my DH in yoghurt with fruit and nuts when he got home from work, so I came at ~800 cals, not too bad.

@stitchincarol and @northerndawn I know 8 lbs isn’t that much, I plan to have it off by the end of the month. I need an ambitious goal otherwise I’ll wait until the last week of the month to do a few proper FDs.

Day Seven, UK, NFD

My husband is saying that I am looking slimmer but I am not seeing it on the scales at all! Weird eh?! I do seek reassurance in numbers!

I must get round to measuring myself as I’m sure I will see a difference if he is seeing a bit of a difference. Also I’m getting back into one pair of jeans that haven’t seen action since last summer!

I did 3 omad days last week and I plan to do 3 next week as well

@snowflake56 – welcome back 😊 Sorry to hear about your health ….

Right!! OPINIONS please! I’m really genuinely interested to read everyone’s point of view on EXERCISE and weight loss…

Dr Krista Varady says exercise is irrelevant from a weight loss perspective

Apparently Felipe Jacka and Rangan Chatergee (spelling of all three people’s names may be wrong – apologies) also say exercise makes no difference to weight loss. Obviously they emphasise the importance of exercise for physical and mental health of course.

My own personal finding is that exercise makes a huge positive difference! But maybe I’m unusual?????!

Would love to hear everyone’s point of view? 😀

Day 7 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

@stitchincarol – The holiday date is something to look forward to, T&C is all travellers must have had vaccine at least 14 days before travelling! This is one that was cancelled so many times and was to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.

@mogaman – no need to ditch the gelato, just make sure you add it in the daily calorie count. It’s surprising what you can add in as a treat …. just don’t cheat yourself!

@fivetwofan5252 – Re exercise – personally I think 5:2 WOL and exercise go hand in hand. I’ve found my daily walks have helped, just do what you feel comfortable with. Our DIL was rather overweight a few years ago, she decided to go for lifestyle change, watched her diet very carefully and started to exercise.
    Now she is very trim indeed and is qualified to run fitness classes and gym classes. I recently read an article regarding walking being very much underrated as exercise, for every Yay there will be a Nay.

Whichever way anyone chooses and makes it work is the right way for them, but you can’t just sit around and think weight away, you need to DO. Personally, I count and log calories using MFP App, stick to the 5:2 WOL and walk.

Between Sept 2014 and July 2019 I tried to lose weight and lost 20 lbs / 7.8 kg
    I started 5:2 and more walking and between July 2019 and now my current weight… lost a further 60 lbs / 28.6 kg. (yup 80 lbs /36.4 kg altogether) The lifestyle I have now really does work, but need to put the effort in and don’t cheat, some occasions my calorie count is rather high, but those days are rare now, I allow myself Friday or Saturday as my ‘indulgent’ day, but quite often no longer bother. Occasionally might fancy a treat, fine log the calories and move on.

Right, missed breakfast now, coffee will do, going for a wander for an hour or two then a Sunday roast to come back to. Not a lot wrong with this 5:2 WOL, just got to want to do it and keep doing it!

Take care all.

2nd post

@fivetwofan5252 thanks, I’m well again, it’s something that comes and goes. I really dislike exercise and all I do in the morning is a bit of stretching and going up and down the stairs as much as possible during the day. Before we had this endless lockdown, my DH and I did ballroom dancing three times a week, we have no idea when it will start again. In Summer we walk a lot but we always need a goal, we both can’t walk just for walking.

Day 7 – Canada – NFD

Good morning. Had a good FD yesterday and I’m hoping to see results on the scale. Like you @fivetwofan5252 I like to see the numbers! It’s how I know when I’ll reach my goal, it’s concrete even though it sometimes changes like the wind, ha ha ha.

For me exercise is key to weight loss and maintenance. My preference is walking but I also do resistance training. However as they say ‘you can’t out-exercise a bad diet’ I would think whatever works best for the individual.

I have Dr Rangan Chatterjee’s excellent book The 4 Pillar Plan: How to Relax, Eat, Move, Sleep. He writes about people overdosing on exercise but he’s a proponent of moving more – walking, strength training, HIIT, and doing one glute exercise daily. However, exercising has to be in conjunction with diet, relaxing and sleeping.

Take care all.

Day 7 – Lisbon, Portugal 16:8

The plan is going well and in the meantime I have already received the results of the blood tests.

I have high cholesterol (333) 🙁 it seems that I need take medication…

I will enjoy the sun and take a walk.

Good Sunday everyone
    Nuno

Day 7 USA/DC FD800
    Hello to all. I am sorry I have been absent. Life just got in the way the last several weeks. I am hoping things have calmed down. Miraculously I am still at maintenance, though I have not been journaling on MFP which I just really need. I need to get back to that and being accountable, because I know the second life calms down and my body is no longer burning calories like mad due to stress, that party will be over.
    It is starting to warm up here, the greens of the daffodils are up, no buds yet, but it’s definitely coming. Spring in DC is absolutely gorgeous,
    I hope all are well. Looks like we have a very large group this month – exciting.
    Glad to be back

Day 7 USA (Illinois) NFD

Yesterday’s contest judging was tedious but fun. All the entrants were submitted as recordings that we watched on little ChromeBooks with a separate window for their musical score. I watched 45 singers, small groups, and pianists. My biggest loss was not remembering to bring my computer glasses. Luckily, the lunch I ordered was a delicious Greek salad, very healthy. Only had 1/2 a cinnamon roll for breakfast. Yeah for that day.

@snowflake56 – oh so great to see you back again. Hope your health issues are all behind you with sunny skies ahead.

@nellen – glad to see you’ve made it back too. Life does get in the way, doesn’t it? Someday I sure would love to see the cherry blossoms around the reflecting pond in D. C. The only times I have been around there were hot, humid, sunny days!

@stitchincarol – fascinating reading about your hypnosis experiences! Interesting, too, to read that your new added motivation to want to lose weight is especially enhanced by hypnosis.

@northerndawn – more thaw and melt today here too. Yeah! Spring is soon upon us!

Onward and downward.

Day 7 – USA/GA – NFD

Apparently, I forgot to hit Submit with my post this morning. I weighed-in at 226 lbs. Hoping I don’t hit 230 for tomorrow’s FD!

Day 7 – NSW, AU – NFD

Only managed a 12 hour overnight fast, ate some more pizza but did do 20-30 minutes at the gym… have no motivation for exercising, but that’s just the depression looming again, and sadly medication is not going to help as I tried it but the dizziness isn’t worth it. Hopefully back to under my TDEE tomorrow.

Day 8 country West Australia FD
    Like @nellen, life happened for the past several weeks.
    Still at the same weight but hoping for 2 FDs this week .
    The problem is I LOVE to cook and have just acquired some fabulous recipes.😲
    I do try to work out how to make recipes healthier and to have smaller portions but seriously -Lobster Thermidor for lunch AND dinner yesterday because a friend had caught some fresh crays and DH was hoping for LT. 😘
    Delicious, used yoghurt in place of cream, less cheese/wine etc but still thinking it went WAY over my TDEE. 😳
    Glad to be back and being accountable.

Day 8, Emden Germany, FD

@songbirdme Thanks, it’s good to be back. You must have been exhausted yesterday, after seeing and listening to so many entrants. Having to use extra glasses is annoying, you always have to make sure to take them with you. Have you tried multifocus glasses? My DH has them, I tried them as well but they gave me headaches and dizziness.

@nellen I hope things have calmed down. Well done on maintaining your weight in stressful times, not any easy thing to do.

@lilymartin I find it difficult to cook delicious low calorie food, nothing beats the taste of butter and cream. I wished a plain salad would make me happy but it doesn’t.

Pocket list day 8
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56

Day eight, UK, NFD or omad or ZBC?!

So yesterday was meant to be an NFD, But it ended up being an OMAD! Hilarious how these things happen completely unplanned… I just was too busy to go back home and eat and I certainly didn’t want to be eating sandwiches from a garage!

However this has mucked up my plans for the week because I wanted to do Monday Wednesday and Friday and now I will have to do 2 x OMADs back to back which I don’t really enjoy! (I am meeting my friend for a birthday picnic to celebrate her 50th on Thursday! Yum!)

So interesting to read a few opinions on exercise! Thanks for posting!

Even though we’ve only had a few samples so far it seems to be a favourite adjunct for weight loss. (@snowflake56 excepted!)

My own personal finding is that the more exercise I do the less I have to worry about what I eat, But with age a few pounds have certainly crept on, And I personally find that fasting is the only way to get back to my weight of younger years. Exercise alone is not enough…..

Last year when I had long Covid for nearly 6 months I put on a stone despite eating really healthily. I must say that now I have started being able to get back to my old way of life where daily exercise is simply a given, the weight is slowly disappearing again and therefore I believe that the enforced sedentary lifestyle played a big factor in my weight gain. Of course this is in combination with fasting!!

Please do post your thoughts on exercise… I’m fascinated to read different viewpoints!

@snowflake56 – glad you’re on the mend, long may it continue 😊

@i-hate-lettuce – walking is wonderfully therapeutic for us too!

@dvw – that’s really interesting! Thanks! PS – yes I’m a numbers gal! 😊

Day 8 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Glum drizzly morning this morning, walk with purpose though, into the next village for a few bits of shopping. Then once again sort through the wardrobe, unfortunately some of the clothes I bought last summer are now too big.
    So a serious check and bundle stuff up for local school who raise money through a clothes bank.

@snowflake56 – I can’t really be doing with salad either, unless height of summer and is really crisp and fresh. The Hairy Dieters books are good, substitute cream with creme fresh and use a lot of herbs and spices to add flavour, we have quite a few of their recipes we use regularly. Excellent.

@fivetwofan5252 – You’re not wrong, ‘exercise alone is not enough’ a combination of diet/exercise and a dose of will power I believe is the best way. I really made a determined effort to ‘change my ways’ making my mind up in July 2019 and never looked back, fallen off the wagon on holidays and occasions, but determined to get straight back on, no conning myself and no excuses.

Pocket list day 8
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 8 UK FD

Morning all , sorry I’ve been very poor at posting recently Intend to try and get back on track this week I have been sticking to my plan eating and exercise wise though

Good to see you again @snowflake56

Pocket list day 8
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle

Day 8 – Canada – FD

Good morning. I’m going for a good FD today and determined to stay under 800 calories. I was down 1.4 pounds this morning and I’ll take it! I have found in the past when I see a loss on the scale I then go a bit crazy with food – not this week. Today I’ll walk (a chilly but sunny day -12) and do a quick HIIT session.

I’ll also watch a bit of curling 🥌 on the tube, the best Cdn men’s teams are playing this week in the Brier. Great fun.

Stay strong 💪 all.

Pocket list day 8
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @dvw

Day 8 Melb Aust NFD

Thought I’d drop in briefly. Not sure what happened last week. I didn’t manage any FDs, though I did restrict the eating a bit on some days, and somehow I managed to LOSE 1.1 kg. How did that happen? I don’t think I care how, I’ll just take it and be grateful 🙂

@snowflake56, good to see you back!

@songbirdme, what a busy time you seem to have with your music

@northgeorgia, your weight loss is an inspiration

@i hate lettuce, your loss and maintenance also inspires, and I agree with you that exercise is vital. It’s not so much that you’ll lose more weight by exercising, but that a person’s shape trims down and so you look much better.

@stitchincarol, it’s now post-weekend, did the hypnosis help the eating control over the weekend?

Great to see everyone so keen this month!

Day 8 USA/DC FD800
    Good morning all. It is beautiful here – I think spring may be making her entrance.

@fivetwofan5252 – I have found that exercise is really critical for my mind – I take yoga, spin, and strength classes and walk. While that may sound like a lot, it’s really not. It averages out to about 45 minutes a day (not including walks). And when I miss a day I really know it. But you are right, exercise alone will not result in weight loss. The IF, 5:2 plan, is really the only thing that has ever worked for me. It keeps me aware of how much I eat and has taught my body (nothing will ever teach my mouth and taste buds) what it means to be full and when I have eaten enough. that may sound silly – but for me – it has been a long lesson to learn and I am still at it.
    Enjoy the outside all. Just think – between the vaccines and spring – we may all really be able to go outside again, unencumbered.

P.s. on the weight front – alcohol!!! I did Dry January, and then have continued on. I used to have a glass or two of wine almost each evening. No longer. Once I get to go out to eat with people I will of course return to wine, but no longer will I indulge each evening – all that really did was lower my resistance to food, make me sleepy, disrupt my sleep in the middle of the night and add lbs that were hard to get off.
    Much as I love a glass of wine (am Italian by heritage) when I return, I need to really do so in moderation!!

Day 8 – USA/GA – FD

NFD Sundays seem to treat me awful. I’m up 2 lbs since Sunday morning’s weigh-in. Just shy of 229 this morning at 228.8 lbs. Yeah, something’s happening to make me soak up and hold on to more water on those days. I need to take a look. Of course, there’s lots of psychological stress this past weekend as our neighborhood will be without water for the whole day, due to construction. Some nagging things at work and at home, too. Falling and hurting my knee Saturday evening probably didn’t help things, either.

Anyway, I didn’t hit 230, so that’s good! I just plan to stay the course this week and hope for good things.

Pocket list day 8
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @dvw
    @northgeorgia (ZBC)

Day 8 UK FD
    Day 7 EFS
    Day 6 EFS

So I made all the rookie mistakes over the weekend. chocolates came thru the post, a lovely treat from a dear friend and just I ate them. All that sugar woke my dragon and I spent the rest of the weekend eating most unhelpfully – despite all the lovely vegetables twinkling away at me from the fridge. Result – this morning i am up 7 WHOLE POUNDS on Friday!

i know it is – hopefully, most likely – Easy On Easy Off weight, but still it’s a real shock to the system! I didn’t sleep very well at all and woke up feeling as tho I have a hangover, with huge amounts of joint pain that my usual meds aren’t even touching. Plus I’ve lost the mental focus and concentration that I finally rediscovered last week after months of post-covid health issues.

To rebalance the scales – literally and metaphorically – i’m going to fast for the next 3 days. I know I feel better when fasted so this is for future me. I’ve written notes and stuck them over the house to remind me what I’m doing and why, and hopefully this will keep me strong. I’m also going to bed Very Early tonight.

Yesterday I batch-cooked enough butternut squash, courgette and spinach dal for 5 main meals so that should keep me going for a couple of weeks FD food. I also have tomatoes, spinach and courgette for salads along with cabbage, carrot & apple for slaw. There are heaps of berries in the freezer, citrus fruit & apples in the fridge and no shopping coming in this week except for my big fruit & veg box. I have heaps of peppermint tea, root ginger and vegemite for hot & salty drinks plus litres of fizzy water. I can do this!

Pocket list day 8
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @dvw
    @michelinme (day 1 of b2b2b)

Day 8 USA (Illinois) FD

Think I will do a FD today as I am off to have a “check engine light” looked at in Madison, Wisconsin where we have our cars serviced. Some times it is easier to just not eat on days like today. I will bring my apple for my FD snack.

@snowflake56 – yes, my only saving with the music judging is that I do have multi-focal “blended” lenses. That made it tolerable!

Pocket list day 8
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @dvw
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

USA. Day 8. FD800

Pocket List Day 8

@lilymartin
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @dvw
    @songbirdme
    @ccco. (FD800)

DTF
    @ccco

Day 8 MN/USA FD
    Day 7 CD

On Saturday we had a lovely time at DGD’s Birthday party and I did have a slice of chocolate cake with buttercream frosting. A small slice, and then another. I think it added up to about 500-600 calories, about as much as a bottle of wine, and more than my 5 OZ of steak, and roasted vegetable. No regrets, though, as I had planned ahead with a FD on Friday and a controlled day yesterday. The only drawback for me was that it did wake the dreaded Hunger Dragon…..at 5 am I woke with hunger pains, and struggled to stray under TDEE yesterday. I guess some of us are more sensitive to sugar than others. It was an interesting lesson.

Off to start painting our bedroom, and will do a 45 + minute walk this afternoon to take advantage of the beautiful and unusual Spring weather and temp of 60+ F (15.6 C).

Have a great day everyone! I have read all the posts and enjoyed the discussions and inspiration. Thank you all for sharing!

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 495 total)

You must be logged in to reply.