2021 Monthly Challenge – Motivational March!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
2021 Monthly Challenge – Motivational March!

This topic contains 484 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  stitchincarol 3 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 495 total)

• Day 2 UK NFD

Yesterday was a very solid FD – yay!

I read some posts on here – thank you! – and was reminded that often it’s easier to not eat than to eat.I made it through to 8pm drinking peppermint & ginger tea, fizzy water, and marmite tea but then caved bc so hungry. Late super was quorn chicken with sweetcorn, stewed apples & blackberries with soya custard – total calories 460. Slept like a log and woke up feeling thinner – but forgot to weigh myself. Broke my fast with a mindfully consumed avocado and a nectarine – yum.

Another sunny afternoon here tho pretty nippy still/again. I’ve done a bit of project work – focussing on one thing for a change – and had my 82yo mother round for our weekly bubble tea & catch up. I’m going to wrap up now and go make supper, aiming for a bath and a very early night. These lighter mornings motivate me to get going early but I still need min 9 hrs sleep since covid, so I’m aiming to cut the evening faffing & be fast asleep before 10pm.

Tomorrow is my first Weds fast – moving from my regular Thurs bc I can’t resist the shopping delivery – and my first full day of project stuff. Be interesting to see how it goes….

Wishing strength to all today’s fasters – and to all those hitting NFDs and trying not to overdo it. We can do this!

@stitchincarol – you are so right with those leftovers! We had eaten 2 meals out over the weekend, and we always bring home at least one extra meal’s worth. And ME TOO – working on taxes! I’ve always done ours completely with the help of Turbo Tax, but this year we had lots of medical expenses mostly DH’s being in the hospital and dental implant work. Getting close to being done – yeah!

Day 2 – UK – FD

First FD for the Motivational March Challenge! Did a lovely yoga class to start the day – volunteer lunch service at our Parish centre and an evening HIP Class to end the day! I am nearer a FD600 then a FD500 but I’ll take that and my kitchen door is firmly closed now ๐Ÿคž

After a frosty and foggy start it ended up another lovely sunny and warm day – so nice to have a stretch of nice warm and sunny days!

Welcome to @lmarm and @reddog – you have taken the first step which is the most important one – my advice is to stick to the basics of 5:2 and learn to monitor your portions using a free app like MFP might surprise you how many calories you are actually consuming – it certainly did me when I started this WOL!!!
    @michelinme – I have pinned the headers on the spreadsheet so hopefully that makes it more user friendly – let me now x
    @penz – What motivates me is realising how much better I feel and how much fitter I am since finding this WOL and losing the weight – I know I don’t want to go back where I used to be!

Pocket List Day 2
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @songbirdme
    @ccco
    @basyjames
    @at FD600

DTF ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅ‚
    @ccco
    @at

ZBC ๐Ÿšซ
    @northgeorgia
    @at โ€“ every day!

Exercise ๐Ÿ‹๏ธโ€โ™€๏ธ 30ร—5
    @at (today 60min Yoga and 50mins HIP)

โ€œIf you can dream it, you can do itโ€ โ€“ Walt Disney

Day 2 JBG. Scotland. NFD ๐Ÿ˜Š

Day 3, NFD, Aus

Day 3 already? Wow this month seems to be marching by at a great pace.
    Welcome @reddog. Love your handle โ€“ I have two blue dogs at home. Are you a kelpie or cattle dog lover?

This time of year is such a period of transition, regardless of the hemisphere you live in. @Ihatelettuce and @jaifaim are experiencing the joys and frustrations of spring and hayfever; and down this end of the world, itโ€™s starts to get colder and the leaves begin to turn. This should also serve as a reminder that we too can transition โ€“ to a lower weight, into maintenance or to fully embrace this as enduring WOL. Howโ€™s that for inspiration!?

@nuno โ€“ as lots of others have commented, thereโ€™s no problem with having 2 FDs a day apart. Some people even do back-to-back FDs (or B2B FD). Whatever works for you and 5:2 offers the flexibility to take important things like birthdays into account.

Joining in @stitchincarolโ€™s happiness that youโ€™ve got a pleasant new housemate @toady.

Why does the US tax year run to April? Seems odd not to align with calendar or financial year โ€“ can someone explain?

Thanks for the reminder @at. My fitness has really fallen by the way side over the last few months and I do need to take steps (ha!) to recover it.
    Happy Wednesday everyone! (And hump days often put me in mind of @funshipfreddie (which in turn reminds me of @EmmaTaylor!!) โ€“ if youโ€™re out there, drop us a line and let us know how youโ€™re going. )

Day 3 OMAD London

Hi @penz. Iโ€™m here!! I read everything but Iโ€™m not posting that much. Iโ€™m very happy doing OMAD, but Iโ€™m not being strict enough to lose much weight. However, two of my friends are keen to diet and get together to give each other support, so Iโ€™m going to try a 36 hour fast, starting now and finishing lunchtime Thursday. Never really done one before, but I need to kick myself up the bum a bit. I think itโ€™s probably a good idea to mix things up so Iโ€™ll let you know how it goes. I miss Brad. I hope heโ€™s ok now I have custody of all the children. ( silly old joke, to all newbies. I think you could check it out on mine and Funship Freddieโ€™s old posts from a few months ago. ) Sending best wishes to everybody. H

Day 2 MN/US CD

I am checking in late, again, due to a busy day. Another good CD under 900 cals. Yesterday I came in at around 400cals but saw no real response on the scales this morning…….I have stayed the same, basically, for three days. So, after losing about 3.7 lbs last month, mostly in the last two weeks, it seems I’m “consolidating” a bit. That’s okay; I expect some downward movement in the next week for sure.

I hope to catch up on posts tomorrow. Another NFD is planned, hopefully well controlled.

2nd post:

@stitchincarol and @songbirdme – I am also doing taxes. Ours involve more than one state, as well as federal, and becomes quite complicated. There are so many differences in tax law between states. I can only wish I was almost done!!!!! Not Close.

@penz – I have no idea why the deadline is April 15. All forms stating income from employers and other incomes re suppose to be sent by the end of January from the previous year….so I understand it may take a month to generate that and send out. Why they made it due in April, who knows.

Day 3 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Good OMAD FD yesterday, only problem was feeling so very cold all day which didn’t stop until I broke my fast at 19:00 with 100ml of kefir and 4 walnuts, then a small mug of my lentil soup, and a smidge of DH’s chicken and Brocolli bake thingie stolen from his plate.

I am down this morning, which is good, today is a mindful NFD, concentrating on getting the good nutritional fruits, nuts, and veg into my day, salmon salad bowl for lunch, and the remaining lentil soup for evening meal.

My Dad got vaccinated yesterday which was such a relief. At 84 he actually got it earlier than he should as they are still concentrating on the over 85’s until the weekend. Nevertheless he is delighted.

Tinged with lots of sadness however as my sister and her hubby had to make the decision yesterday to send his mum ( who they had provided live in care for the last year) off to a hospice for end of days palliative care. So so sad.

@i-hate-lettuce I loved your walk yesterday, I could see it so clearly. There are lots of ewes and lambs around here to, and I noticed yesterday that cattle are now back in the fields…..truly Spring is here.

Have a great Wednesday Hump Day ๐Ÿซ And a shout out to @flourbaby…..where art thou?

Day 3 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

The mist is lifting slowly this morning, hope it shifts away soon, going to drive out to the National Trust property at Sizergh near us. There’s some fabulous wanders round the estate there, just for a bit of a change, some fabulous views of the southern Lakeland hills up there.

Shorter walk yesterday then found another job to do in the garden, whoever decided Ivy was a good thing to plant in a garden was just plain wrong, removed a load yesterday that was smothering a shrub! Plus a bit more digging and a new small bed which will get planted with small sunflowers and cornflower to hide the wall the ivy was growing up!

Take care all

Day 3 Melbourne Australia OMAD

Day 3 – Lisbon, Portugal

Good morning!!

Thank all your comments.

Yesterday was a quiet day working confined at home.
    Today is water day (FD) ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hug to everyone (respecting the safety distance)

Nuno

Day 3 – Canada – NFD

Good morning from the still chilly ๐Ÿฅถ east coast. Yesterdayโ€™s lunch went well. Our table was well spaced from others and overlooking a frozen lake with lots of blowing snow – no skaters – no doubt because of the frostbite warning! I had a delicious toasted ham and cheese sandwich with some fries (chips). It was so nice to have a couple of slices of long lost bread. ๐Ÿ™‚

@penz – transition to a lower weight – perfectly inspirational.
    @daffodil2010 – glad to hear your father was vaccinated. My folks received their vaccines on Sunday. It really is such a relief.

Stay strong all.

Day 3 – USA/GA – FD

My body is holding on to water for dear life; I can feel it. Anyway, weigh-in was 228 lbs this morning. Was hoping to dip below the mid 220s this week, but looks like my body is a little shy and wants to hold on to an extra pound over the previous week. At least it’s staying below 230, and maybe will do so through next Monday morning. We’ll see what tomorrow’s weigh-in brings.

Pocket list day 3
    @northgeorgia (ZBC)

Day 3 UK NFD

Busy day in garden yesterday , totally agree re ivy @i-hate-lettuce We had an absolute nightmare last year ended up being very expensive having to replace a party wall that the ivy had weakened beyond belief

Happy ๐Ÿซday all Im sure @flourbaby will join us soon ? x

Day 3 UK OMAD

I didn’t get a chance to post yesterday.

Yesterday I was MEANT to be doing an OMAD, but I just got too, too cold & miserable whilst standing around outside and then when someone offered me a coffee and a piece of cake at 1pm to warm me up…….well I just couldn’t resist!

This is now the third time where I have allowed myself to get far too cold whilst standing around out of doors and I have ended up breaking my fast. It is silly as it could be easily avoided by remembering to take enough coats with me and then remembering to PUT THEM ON once I stop moving around.

So I am not going to let that happen again. Lesson learned.

Anyway, Monday’s OMAD went well and I am doing another OMAD today. I also remembered to wear enough coats this morning, so hooray for that.

@i-hate-lettuce: You live exactly where my mother was born and brought up! Wow, the South Lakes are so beautiful, lucky you!

Good luck to all those fasting and OMAD-ing today!

Day 3 USA (Illinois) NFD

Very good FD yesterday. This morning showed 3.5 pounds lighter on the scale. Love this WOL and maintenance as I manage it.

Onward and downward.

Day 3 MN/US CD

Good controlled day yesterday. I slept over 7.5 hours and that felt great! Another CD for me today.

@daffodil2010 – Good news re: your dad and his vaccinations. Sad about your Sister and her OH’s mother….perhaps in hospice they can keep her more comfortable with meds than she was at home with her DS? I hope she can be in comfort and peace until she passes.

@songbirdme – Wow! What a wonderful surprise dropping 3.5 pounds! Good for you, and enjoy that success!

Welcome to all the new people! You have made the right decision by coming here and by deciding to do 5:2. Best of luck and I will enjoy getting to “know” you all.

Good luck to all!

Day 3 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

Didn’t pull off any exercising yesterday, and ate a little over the 1200 I was shooting for, but got lots of work done on tax paperwork, and cooked a lovely supper, so felt good about the day when I went to bed. Then a REALLY loud motorcycle zoomed past the house around 2am and woke me up and I didn’t go completely back to sleep until 4am. And I have a headache. LOL, it’s always something, isn’t it?? But I was sound asleep by 9:30 and slept until 8 this morning (still not past the Covid-need for lots of sleep), so I’ve nothing to truly complain about. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@basyjames Congratulations on your waterfast! May it add up to 75 over the course of 2021!

@michelinme I love your descriptions of food and activities and plans; I feel soothed and encouraged as I read them. Thanks for being so good about sharing.

@penz EXCELLENT transition to inspiration ๐Ÿ˜ And our tax year is actually the calendar year, but we have until April 15 to submit the paperwork, either to file for a refund, or to pay the taxes due. Unless you’re a farmer, then the deadline is way earlier…perhaps February 15? LOL, isn’t this wonderful information for a fasting forum?? ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜

@daffodil2010 So sad to hear of your DS’s MIL entering hospice.

@fivetwofan5252 Okay, after that tidbit about getting too cold standing around outside, you really must elaborate: WHY are you standing around outside?? One would think you could simply go inside….?? ๐Ÿ˜‚

@songbirdme Now that’s a successful FD, when you’re down 3.5lbs the next day; well done!

Busy day today, with my wonderful cleaning lady coming, a piano lesson to teach, and church tonight. The dining room table is covered with tax papers, so need to clear that off so she can clean the table, etc., etc. She always says she envies her clients, because by the time she gets her own home tidied, she’s too tired and has run out of time to actually clean it, LOL.

Have a grand day, full of successes, whatever they look like!

second post

Wait. @northerndawn, you farm, but you haven’t done your taxes yet? I have farmer friends who are always racing to finish up tax work in February; why aren’t you having to be done already?

USA. Day 3. FD800

Pocket List Day 3
    @northgeorgia (ZBC)
    @ccco FD800

DTF
    @ccco

Just wrote a lengthy post but lost it!!!

DAY 3 – UK – TDEE

Had a great night’s sleep yesterday despite having my OMAD FD600 at lunchtime – strange how sometimes I can’t sleep if going to bed with an empty tummy!!! I was aiming for a FD500 but went over a bit……..

Woke up to a frosty and foggy day…..OH went for out early for his run up the Fairfield Horseshoe (Distance:16.4km (10.2 miles) Ascent:1080m) and got some great photos of an inversion but the mist in the valley did not clear up until mid afternoon!! @i-hate-lettuce I’m sure you know this walk

Broke my fast at lunchtime today after an energising yoga class at 10am – About to go and prepare Yotam Ottolenghiโ€™s celebration sticky rice cake for dinner tonight – OH request! I may have shared this recipe before – It’s a vegan recipe for those interested!

@daffodil2010 – great news that your dad got his vaccine, such a relief!! but a bid of sadness for your Sister and her OHโ€™s mother – however a hospice may be the best place for her ๐Ÿค— my darling mother passed away in a hospice but this was in 2014 so my sister and I were lucky to be able to stay with mum and she had the best care for a comfortable end to her long life โค๏ธ
    @songbirdme – did I misread that you lost 3.5lbs after one FD……

Pocket List Day 3
    @nuno WFD
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco FD800

DTF ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅ‚
    @ccco
    @at

ZBC ๐Ÿšซ
    @northgeorgia
    @at โ€“ every day!

@at (today 60min Yoga)

Enjoy your week and remember โ€œYes, you can! The road may be bumpy, but stay committed to the process.โ€

Day 3 North Canton OH NFD

Another busy day at work, quick check in to say hi to everyone. I will catch up on posts later

Day 3 – Ireland – NFD

Hello everybody, I hope you are all well.
    I had a lovely walk yesterday and thought of you @i-hate-lettuce as I had a lovely time watching the little lambs in a field nearby who seemed to be playing a game of โ€œKing of the castleโ€ – so cute!! Then up the beach which was at full tide and back by the road..
    Quite a good FD had and aiming for a decent NFD today… I am addicted to good rye sourdough at the moment which is a problem ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Mum had her vaccination ๐Ÿ’‰ today TG! @daffodil2010 glad to hear your dad got on well and sorry to hear the sad news …
    @northerndawn, @songbirdme and @stitchincarol you have my sympathies … I hate anything to do with taxes… ugh.. good luck with all that… ๐Ÿ‘
    @basyjames well done on your water fast… bravo – no mean feat in my eyes.. ๐Ÿ‘
    I should go for a walk…. itโ€™s cold and grey out and Iโ€™ve a zoom talk at 7pm… and havenโ€™t had much exercise today… but… Iโ€™m lazy… right will just walk out the door…. ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธAnd breathe……

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

JBG, Scotland, nearing the end of FD 2 for the week…….. feeling a bit tired and grumpy. Just home from a tricky day at work so going to get changed and get out for a walk to try and lift my mood ๐Ÿ˜Š I think FD1 on Monday was relatively easy due to excess eating at the weekend! I know i will feel amazing in the
    morning if I can only make it through the next few hours

Day 3 UK FD

My first Weds FD and it’s proving a struggle so i came here to read posts, be upheld & encouraged!

I woke up and remembered to weigh this morning – and had PUT ON 3lbs! I know it’s water bc I can feel it but it doesn’t Really Help, esp on a grey day ๐Ÿ™ Also I hadn’t planned properly bc I don’t fast on Wednesdays. But nuked a quick bowl of quorn chicken and sweetcorn at lunchtime & defrosted a portion of sweet potato & spinach dal for supper. I’ve drunk about 1.5litres of peppermint tea, a litre of fizzy water and almost a litre of ginger tea! Now I just need to get to bed and the FD will be a tick.

Head all over the place today and not sure why, but nothing to show for a day of faffing. Tho I did a little reading, prep and printing for things a little ahead, steward an online church service and facilitate a lent group on zoom. Sleep and starting with a focus on practical things tomorrow will hopefully get me going. The emails in my inbox somehow aren’t answering themselves and my project list is still waiting for attention… Baby steps & beginning the day with gentle adapted yoga and meditation – and possibly some DAFD satisfaction.

@at – thank you for the spreadsheet – that’s perfect! x
    @jelbelgil hope you have held firm this evening = i’m with you
    @daffodil2010 @jaifaim great news about your folks’ vaccinations ๐Ÿ™‚
    @stitchincarol thank you for yourkind words – you are a great encourager ๐Ÿ™‚

Pocket List Day 3
    @nuno WFD
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco FD800
    @jelbelgil
    @michelineme

DTF ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅ‚
    @ccco
    @at

ZBC ๐Ÿšซ
    @northgeorgia
    @at โ€“ every day!

@at (today 60min Yoga)

Day 3 – NSW, AU – CFD

I had planned to keep under my 800 but after having to do a tour of my workplace (textile mill) to a group of retirees, I needed that extra hot cross bun!! So 1000 calories it was. 2.5 Raspberry and White Chocolate hot cross buns and a Cottage Pie… oh plus 2 Honey and Eucalyptus drops for a tickle in the throat. But did make it 20 hours fasting.

@stitchincarol – It’s good to have quiet again and as the real estate has increased the weekly rent for a room in this share house from $200 to 260 a week for new tenants I’m hoping it’ll keep out the riff raff (thankfully I’m still paying $200!)

Randomly – I’m a teetotaller, I don’t think I’d classify for the DTF tag as I’m dry 24/7.

Pocket List Day 3
    @nuno WFD
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco FD800
    @jelbelgil
    @michelineme
    @toady CFD

DTF ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅ‚
    @ccco
    @at

ZBC ๐Ÿšซ
    @northgeorgia
    @at โ€“ every day!
    @toady

Second Post;

@stitchincarol – DH and I rent our farmland so we don’t have to file “farm” taxes by the March 1st deadline, as our income from it is rental. The guy who farms our land sends us a 1099, and has to have his taxes done by March 1. I’m sure this is exciting info for the rest of the group! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
    And btw, now my sweet granddaughter also has tested positive, but she is already feeling better after 4-5 days. Oh, to be young (just turned 18). At least she will be done with it now, and not have to worry about graduation.
    I hope you will be getting all of your usual energy back very soon!

Day 4, NFD, Aus

Yay @michelinme – such a great feeling! PFDS going your way.

So much for my promise as host to do my FDs. Itโ€™s so hard when Iโ€™m travelling with a small team away from work. Staying in hotels, room service and on the road. How do other people manage this? But I did have some beer last night with dinner and had the best night sleep in ages. For sleep, I am quite ok in foregoing a FD!

Thanks@NorthernDawn and @stitchincarol for the explanation โ€“ that makes sense! Spose they couldnโ€™t make it 1 April!! Our tax year is on the fiscal year but we have until October to get our returns in.

I had to read your post twice @daffodil2010. You said โ€œI am down this morningโ€ and I thought โ€œoh no!โ€ and then you said โ€œwhich is goodโ€ so I realised it was your weight and not your mood moving in that direction! But sad to hear of your sisterโ€™s MIL; I hope she gets loving care.

Day 4 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

I really should do an FD today, I really should, but the lunch delivery today consists of hot soup and a range of signature sandwiches, rolls, baps…..and I know I really shouldn’t but I am tired of salads and I really would love a delicious bap or soft roll with hot soup……I can happily ignore all the usual daily lunches of hot stews, curries, wonderful hot food normally…

But I crave an old fashioned soup and sandwich lunch ๐Ÿ˜จ Long time since I had one.

I will do an OMAD tomorrow instead, though as its my bubble visit that OMAD will have wine with it ๐Ÿ˜†

So I pledge to do some good long bouts of exercise this weekend, good aerobic exercise, not just walks, and burn off those calories.

@northerndawn sorry to hear your Grandaughter has tested positive but hopefully she will be fine.
    @jaifaim TG your mum got vaccinated….it really is a relief isn’t it. Now just wait for the second jab in 4 weeks time and an even bigger sigh of relief.

Ha ha @stitchincarol, I had exactly your reaction to @fivetwofan5252……just WHY are you standing around outdoors in the cold ๐Ÿ˜„?

Have a great Thursday.

Day 4 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Well yesterdays plan went slightly awry, our walk went well, parked at Sizergh Castle, off across the estate up and onto Scout Scar, back round the meadows and farm intake fields. Only thing was, the mist didn’t clear very much so the views towards the Lakeland fells didn’t appear!
    It was however still a fabulous walk and following a late lunch we spent the afternoon in the conservatory with the nice warm sun shining and lazily reading as a reward for our efforts.

@at – it’s a few years since I last did the Fairfield Horseshoe walk, tend to keep to lower level walks these days, it is a magnificent walk mind.

@daffodil2010 – ‘Not just walks’ ‘Aerobic exercise’ a good fast MOAM/WOAM walk will do, either a shorter local hill climb or a ‘five miler’ ๐Ÿ˜‰

No frost, no wind, sun just burning through, a quiet day weather wise today, more bimbling in the garden I suspect today.

Take care all

Pocket list – Day 4
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day four, UK, OMAD

@basyjames – respect!! Water fasting is uber !

@daffodil2010 and @stitchincarol, you did make me laugh with your comments and the intrigue of it all!

I have a horse, so I am lucky during lockdown that I always get plenty of exercise and fresh air, but in fact with horses thereโ€™s also quite a lot of standing around as well, because when the vet visits or when you take horse to the equine dentist or anything like that, you are basically just standing around outside. This is lovely most of the time, but on a cold grey day you can quickly get cold, especially if you are stupid like me and take your clothes off when youโ€™re exercising and then donโ€™t put them back on again…. or simply underestimate the temperature !!

So today is another OMAD day for me. In an ideal world I would of course do and 0MAD day on alternate days, for example Monday Wednesday and Friday. However unfortunately Fridays at the moment are too difficult to do an OMAD as I really need food on Fridaysโ€ฆ

Hopefully next week I will at last get to do a Monday Wednesday and Friday OMAD. That will be great!

I donโ€™t know about others doing the zero breakfast club (ZBC) but I do try to do it most days. Last Saturday morning I ate breakfast and it was a simply magical experience! I love breakfast! I walked around all morning thinking how amazing it was that I had had breakfast and how delicious it was and how lovely it was to have food inside me!

Good luck to everyone doing fast days and 0MAD days today ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 4 UK FD

Just caught up on the posts of last 2 days. I now seldom eat breakfast as I feel it sets me off on an “eating day” even on a NFD. If I fast till lunchtime I feel much more in control. Also saves on calories I don’t really need. Trying to make March the month I finally get my head round staying the course and not gaining the weight I’ve already lost! This has been the pattern and I’m pretty fed up of it!! The mantra has to be “maintenance”!
    Good luck to all fasters today .

Day 4 Melb Aust TDEE

Still haven’t managed a FD this month, but I’m 0.2 kg down from Monday anyway, so that’s a start.

@daffodil2010, sounds like our situation is similar, in that I’m also 6 kg, so 13.2 lb down, nearly a stone, from my heaviest, and have been yo-yoing down and up a further 10-13 kgs to here, but not up to the higher weight. I can’t afford a new wardrobe, and refuse to buy any more clothes, so the weight has to come off, too ๐Ÿ™‚ .

Lots of interesting posts – good to read and be encouraged.

Day 4 – Canada – TDEE

Good morning. Today will be a solid TDEE, yesterdayโ€™s FD wasnโ€™t great – too much snacking on almonds and pumpkin seeds, urggg.

@fivetwofan5252 -I rarely eat breakfast so most days Iโ€™m part of the ZBC but when I do treat myself I love the feeling. Maybe when Iโ€™m in maintenance I can have a bit of oatmeal ๐Ÿ˜Š

@betsylee – I also refuse to buy anymore clothes, while Iโ€™d love to bin the lot and start again thatโ€™s not going to happen!

Day 4 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 225 lbs. Next FD Monday. Hoping to keep away from 230 better this weekend! That 229 number was nasty, but onwards we go.

Still, gotta keep things in perspective:

March 4, 2020 weigh-in: 273 lbs.
    March 4, 2021 weigh-in: 225 lbs.

“I love this place,” Lola says. “Quite different than I imagined.” Rita looks at Lola puzzled. “Different good, or different bad?” Lola realizes how that came out with a startled look on her face. “Oh, definitely different good! I was imagining some non-descript ugly block building with green walls. But this place has lots of charm and character.” Rita flashes a smile of relief. We look over the large room, obviously three or four rooms converted into a huge open space with well-placed ornate wooden pillars supporting the floor above. Six rows of a dozen chairs each are divided in the middle by a wide pathway for the bride and groom. Light fabrics in white and peach are draped lavishly around the wooden columns, chairs, and the make-shift altar area. “The flowers should arrive tomorrow around 7:00,” Meghan says to no one in particular. “That’s wonderful. And the caterers?” Rita asks. “All arranged,” John says. “And they’ll set that up in the banquet hall upstairs,” Rita adds.

ZBC Day 4
    @northgeorgia

Day 4 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

It’s a full day, and I need to grab every moment, so checking in for accountability, but I’ll read and chatter this evening.

Have a grand day, everyone, full of successes in whatever you strive to achieve!

Day 4 North Canton OH Water Fast 8

Lowest number on the scale since lockdown started last year, can I get a woohoo?!๐Ÿคธโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคธโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคธโ€โ™€๏ธ

I also did some reading on the science behind intermittent fasting and I will share some of what I learned later. Getting info on the science behind what I am doing usually puts a little oomph in my mojo

I am hosting a virtual audit today, so will catch up with posts later.

USA. Day 4. FD800

Pocket List Day 4
    @ccco FD800
    @i Hate Lettuce

DTF
    @ccco

I seem to have stalled in my weight loss, so today is an all day water fast. I broke my DTF a few times and that probably why the stall. FiveTwoFan5252, I used to have a couple of horses myself but consider myself too fragile now to be safe in riding. Both my son and daughter ride is well. Great fun and exercise, especially during these times. A few times I thought of getting back up on the horse but I thought better of it. Hope you are having fun!

Glad so many have gotten the covid vaccine. I know I feel a bit safer since I got mine. Now I can spend my time worrying about my children and grandchildren.

Sorry I Hate Lettuce! I just found the pocket list!

USA. Day 4. FD800

@ccco FD800
    @i Hate Lettuce

DTF
    @ccco

ZBC
    @northgeorgia

Just found @northgeorgia, too!

Day 4 – UK – FD500

My regular Thursday start with at 7am Broga class followed by 9am Aerobic class then a volunteer session on lunch duty at our parish centre.

Back home after a well deserved hot shower to catch up on today’s cricket – 4th test between England and India – On a blameless pitch, entirely different from the third-Test surface that made run-scoring so difficult, England were bundled out for 205 after winning the toss. India were 24-1 at close of play so tomorrow should make an interesting watch…..sorry to bore you all but I’m slightly cricket mad!

@jaifaim – I can sympathise regarding your addiction to good rye sourdough – currently I am too but to an 8 grain sourdough!
    @jelbelgil – I find when hunger catches me on FDs any distraction is very helpful e.g. logging on to the forum to catch up with posts – a lovely hot bath – ringing a friend for a catch up or getting into a good book….you get my drift…..
    @michelinme – ๐Ÿค— and yes self care/love is very important
    @toady – great that your house share problems have been resolved for now
    @i-hate-lettuce – I haven’t done the full horseshoe for some years but OH uses it regularly for his daily fell run!
    @fivetwofan5252 – I’m a daily ZBC member and like you I enjoy breakfast food so often break my fast with a late brunch eating one of my favourite breakfasts!
    @northgeorgia – that loss over the last year is amazing – 48lbs/3st6lbs/21.8kg – well done you ๐Ÿ‘

Pocket List Day 4
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @mia139
    @stitchincarol
    @basyjames WFD
    @ccco FD800
    @at FD500

DTF ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅ‚
    @ccco
    @at

ZBC ๐Ÿšซ
    @northgeorgia
    @at โ€“ every day!

@at (today 45mins Broga and 60mins Aerobics)

Remember that “If you keep going you wonโ€™t regret it. If you give up you will.”

Day 4 UK FD

Nearly dinner time and so looking forward to it , some days are harder than others ?

Pocket List Day 4
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @mia139
    @stitchincarol
    @basyjames WFD
    @ccco FD800
    @at FD500
    @brightonbelle FD500

DTF ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅ‚
    @ccco
    @at
    @brightonbelle

ZBC ๐Ÿšซ
    @northgeorgia
    @at โ€“ every day!
    @brightonbelle

@brightonbelle

Day 4 – Lisbon, Portugal NFD

today I started the day weighing myself. reduced since day 1 “2,5kg” ๐Ÿ˜‰

This morning I also went to do blood tests… to also control the impact of this plan not only in terms of weight.

Now celebrating my wife’s birthday!!!!

Hugs to all
    Nuno

Day 4 UK FD (B2B)

Yesterday’s FD rounded off with a handful of frozen blueberries and cherries. Huge thanks to whoever mentioned them recently – just what I needed! Finished at 550 calories which will do me fine.

I slept well tho woke tired, remembered to weigh in and… back to 168lbs, exactly where I started February. But I’d already decided not to have a shopping delivery today so thought I’d try for a B2B for the first time in aeons, making a 3rd FD this week. If my weight is sticking perhaps I need to unstick my routine just a little bit. I also managed to get myself back on the yoga mat for 20 mins gentle adapted yoga – making 2 of my goal of 3/week- and signed up to try a chair yoga class next Wednesday. Baby steps = progress

I’ve just had my OMAD – soya ‘meatballs’, crunchy cabbage, carrot, apple & onion slaw, and steamed brussel sprouts with yeast flakes & lots of black pepper. I’ll have another portion of frozen cherries & blueberries then brush my teeth ahead of my evening zoom with a group of women friends. I’ve drunk 2litres of peppermint tea and almost a litre of fizzy water; there’s a litre flask of ginger root tea ready to keep me going thru zoom – then bed!

@toady i’m trying not to salivate over your hot x buns!
    @penz – thanks – got a gentle satisfaction and some mojo. I think it’s about getting one under the belt and the others are easier…. we know what we need to do, and we know it works. Tho I found it hard to travel and fast. Things like fasting on journeys / planning what i’d eat / staying away from snacks were all helpful
    @fivetwofan5252 how wonderful to have a horse ๐Ÿ™‚
    @betsylee well done on your loss – you can do this!
    @dvw seeds and nuts are far too tempting – i’ve hidden the jars so I have to make an effort to find them!
    @northgeorgia that’s an EPIC achievement!
    @stitchincarol hope it’s been a good day
    @mia139 me too wrt breakfast – occasional brunch at lunchtime is just fine!
    @basyjames woohoo! Well done you!
    @ccco good luck with your waterfast
    @at I love cricket – thanks for the summary ๐Ÿ™‚
    @brightonbelle hold fast – we’ve got this!
    @nuno congratulations! great idea to track your blood tests too

Pocket List Day 4
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @mia139
    @stitchincarol
    @basyjames WFD
    @ccco FD800
    @at FD500
    @brightonbelle FD500
    @michelinme 2nd day B2B

DTF ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅ‚
    @ccco
    @at
    @brightonbelle

ZBC ๐Ÿšซ
    @northgeorgia
    @at โ€“ every day!
    @brightonbelle

@brightonbelle

Day 4 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500 Second post

I had to get to work this morning as early as possible, so had to skip any reading or chatter, but I’m delighted to report that I managed to hit 10K steps yesterday, and almost 2K calories burned in the one day! It wasn’t even a FD, and I was done a pound this morning, so I’m feeling very cheery about this whole project of fasting in order to gain better health and lower weight. Part of the success, I’m rather certain, is that I finally underwent hypnosis on Tuesday evening, and have been listening to the recording twice a day since then. I’ll happily give a report on what I think is and is not helpful about it, but want to wait another few days until I’ve hit the weekend and see what is different; that way it’ll be an informed and meaningful report.

@jelbelgil I hope the walk made all the difference for you, and you felt much better yesterday after you got home.

@toady How lovely that only the newbies pay the extra rent, and you get to keep your lower rate!

@northerndawn LOL, you’re probably right that it’s an odd discussion here…but then I love the odd discussions of others, so, oh well! And thanks for the explanation. And I’m glad that, even though your DGD got covid, it’s a truly mild case; such a complete blessing for her! ๐Ÿ˜˜

@daffodil2010 Given this is a way of LIFE not of DEPRIVATION, I hope you thoroughly enjoyed that soup and sandwich!

@fivetwofan5252 Ahh, having a horse explains it all very well!

@mia139 Most days, the thought of food early in the morning literally turns my stomach; I’m simply not interested in eating that early. Other days? Sure! But, like you, I’ve found the later I delay eating, the easier it is to eat reasonable quantities. Not everyone can cope with only two meals a day, but it sure works for me, and apparently you as well!

@basyjames WOO-HOOOOOO!!! Congratulations on a lovely achievement! And (I truly can’t believe I’m saying this) I look forward to the science report later!

@at I’m not bored at your cricket chatter, truly, I’m not…merely completely clueless what any of it means! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

@nuno Happy birthday to your wife, and congratulations on your weight loss!

Okay, off to tackle the rest of this busy day! I’m getting really, really hungry, so those piano students can’t arrive too soon since they’ll distract me and prevent me from doing anything about the hunger until it’s time to eat!

Pocket List Day 4
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @mia139
    @stitchincarol
    @basyjames WFD
    @ccco FD800
    @at FD500
    @brightonbelle FD500
    @michelinme 2nd day B2B

DTF ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅ‚
    @ccco
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol (dry until Easter)

ZBC ๐Ÿšซ
    @northgeorgia
    @at โ€“ every day!
    @brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol – every day!

@brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol

Day 5, NFD, Aus

I do love a Friday. Busy day ahead of me but I head home tonight to loving OH and dogs. Happy days.

While I didnโ€™t manage a FD this week, I did pat myself on the back this morning. I had some of a roast chicken left in the hotel fridge, and rather than picking it clean (as my โ€˜waste not want noโ€™ inner voice was urging me to do), I threw it out. I hate hate hate wasting food, but I was not hungry and I convinced myself that eating needless calories was just as pointless as throwing them in the bin.

@ FiveTwoFan5252 Your breakfast joy shone through! So lovely!

Iโ€™m looking forward to your post-hypnosis report @stitchincarol. Hope it works for you.

Oh I feel Iโ€™m being a bad host this month, not commenting on everyoneโ€™s posts. Overall, however, even tho some mojos have not yet returned to full operating capacity, it seems that people are having a good month.

Have a great weekend everyone. Iโ€™ll pop in to check progress!

Day 4 – NSW, AU – CFD

Managed a 22 hour fast day and had lunch a bit early at 11:30am, then the 2 hot cross buns and packet of Belvita Minis around 2pm pushed me well over my limit, ended up with just under 1300 calories for the day which is still below my goal weight TDEE so that’s a win in my books at least.

@stitchincarol – I think they’re waiting for an opportunity to jack my rent up as well but if they do I’ll find somewhere else… should’ve taken those 1 โญ reviews seriously before I moved in. Too late now.

Day 4 USA (Illinois) NFD

I’m alive and well but have been quite busy. Hope to be more in tune with you all soon.

Onward and downward.

Day 5 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Friday, yay. The weeks are flying in, it’s going to be Equinox soon, where is 2021 going?

@stitchincarol yes, I thoroughly enjoyed my hot soup and ham & cheese ciabatta with relish. I cannot remember the last time I had that, and you are right, this is a WIL, not deprivation.

I won’t do OMAD today, it will be a salad for lunch, and then whatever my bubble friend cooks for dinner tonight. Also can’t believe we have been in this strict lockdown for months now, when will it end? I do enjoy visiting my friend every Friday but it would be nice for her to get out and about visiting other people too. I do feel for her.

@i-hate-lettuce yes, I think a WOAM walk around my 5km zone around my village will be on the cards this weekend, plenty of steep hills, fields, fresh air…..will do that on Sunday.

Tomorrow I plan a big workout to stretch the muscles, then a bath. Oh how the weekends have changed ๐Ÿ˜„

Have a great Friday.

Day 5 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

What a day yesterday, if Bimbling was an Olympic Event I was amongst the medals! Lots of time in the garden and ‘The Den’ finding lots of little jobs to do and took my time doing them, which made for an easy FD as well ๐Ÿ™‚

Think todays going to be a bit different, the birds have started cleaning out the guttering, well they’re scratching around for food, so lots to clean up off the path and driveway, so ladders out and clean them properly today before it rains. Thank goodness we live in a bungalow!

Take care all

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 495 total)

You must be logged in to reply.