1st day of fasting today.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Shadow 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi all.

I am 66yrs and 2 stone overweight. Trying this to see if I can achieve some weight loss.
    Hope to get some tips and encouragement on here.

cheers.

Robert

Hi Robert and welcome to the forum.
    You will find plenty of tips, advise and encouragement in this way of life.
    Have you read the book? Weight loss isnt the only benefit from intermittent fasting, having lost about 2 stone myself, when my husband was told he was pre- type2 diabetic he joined me and was soon back in the normal blood sugar range.
    Take your measurements (especially your natural waist) and check your TDEE here
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-calories-on-a-non-fast-day/

There is a lot of useful information here
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

But take a look around the forum – one tip, on your fast day keep busy! You can lose at least an hour reading the threads on the forum 😀

Good luck

Hi Robert
    I am 64 years old and have impaired fasting glycaemia and need to get my blood sugar levels down. I need to lose another stone in weight. I have been on this eating plan since July and it is the best thing I have tried. For the last 30 years I have been a yo-yo dieter and at long last I am losing weight and am still able to eat at weekends. I have been on holiday and away for several weekends and still managed to lose 6lb. If I had had 2 fast days every week I would have lost a lot more. My blood sugar levels are going down and I am finding it much easier to eat more reasonable amounts. Fasting days are sometimes a bit challenging as I get quite a few headaches but knowing I can eat the next day really helps.

Good luck, I am sure that you will lose weight and feel much better.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.