15-20 lbs to lose

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FastEnough 8 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi all, I started 5:2 this week and this is my 2nd day of fasting. No problems yet. I’m interested in the many health benefits of fasting for life but came across the 5:2 method when I searched for weight loss methods. I’ve stalked others forum posts and haven’t seen a lot of talk for losing 15-20 lbs as a beginning mark.

Here is a little about me: I’m 38 years old, 5’1, and currently weigh 133 lbs. For my height, I’m overweight and one pound looks like 10 on others when you’re short and have an apple shape. To get back to a healthy weight and improve overall health, I’ve started my journey with the 5:2.

I would like to know if others have had 20 lbs or less at the beginning of your journey to be healthier. If so, can you share your experiences?

I’m fully prepared to have a slow weight loss but have set a target timeframe near the end of July (family reunion). I think 19 weeks is reasonable goal.

Hi Fast and welcome:

There is little difference between someone wanting to lose 20 pounds or 100 except the very overweight person will probably lose more weight faster at the start than the less overweight person. This is because the heavier person has a higher TDEE than the less heavy person, so the diet will cut more calories out of the heavier person’s diet than it will from the lighter person’s diet.

For the same TDEE reason, the rate of weight loss for a less heavy person will be slower than for a much heavier person. If you review enough 5:2 long term dieters you will see that as they lose weight, their weight loss slows.

The average weight loss for those on 5:2 is about a pound a week. Given your height and weight, you will have trouble getting that amount of loss with ‘straight 5:2’ because your TDEE is so low. You might be able to do it if you do 4:3 or ADF and change your diet to HFLC.

Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/. If you read the TDEE link you will understand.

Good Luck!

Thank you

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.