12-14 hour fast

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pamollygram 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi, I saw the dr. oz show and bought this book… Doctor talked about the 12-14 hour fast while you are asleep. I started doing that this week.. After reading the book it said you should do 2 days of 500 calories fast a week. There was no mention in the book about the 12 hour fast while you sleep.. How does the 12 hour fast fit in ?

Hi Pamolly and welcome:

I have no idea what oz was talking about, but it has nothing to do with 5:2. Here is how to do it with some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

the doctor who wrote this book was saying to leave 12-14 hours without eating then when I got the book it was about a 2 day fast…

A complete guess but I think what he was meaning was that people naturally fast all the time. When? When you are asleep you are essentially fasting. You just need to extend that fast.

There is no magic involved. If you weigh too much it means you have been eating more than you need. To lose weight you now have to eat less than you need so that you access your stored fats.

5:2 is exactly that. You eat normally for 5 days and “fast” for 2 days. Many do actually fast for 2 days rather than just reduce what they eat on those two days. I for one do a water fast. Do what you find comfortable. Drink lots of water while fasting.

thanks

Ok so yesterday I found I was eating so much because I knew that today was a fast day.. by the end of the day I felt like I was food drunk… yuk such a disgusting way to feel…. I am actually looking forward to not eating today to give my body a break..I will drink tons of water and lots of tea.. that is about all I drink every day anyway but today it will be more drinking water and tea..I feel gross!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.