🎆Auspicious August🎆 – Pandemic Obliterating Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
🎆Auspicious August🎆 – Pandemic Obliterating Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 758 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  NorthernDawn 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 760 total)

• Day 11……. Florida……CD

Decided over the weekend to go device free….it was so relaxing. But. Now, I am playing catch up in a few areas.
    I could have done better over the weekend, however, I did have a solid FD yesterday!
    Hoping for a successful CD today.

Well….. work is a calling!

Before I decide to be your ride or die chick, I have a couple questions
    Where are we riding to?
    Do I have to die?
    Can we stop for food on the way?

Day 11 – USA/GA – NFD

The scales were a rockin’ this morning, so I chose the number that came up most often and was lower (I always feel like I’m retaining water after a FD anyway, due to increased electrolyte intake). And, ta dum! 249.8 lbs! They’re finally letting me into the 240s club! First time I saw that middle number hit “4” in more than two years (in May 2018, 249 lbs. was my low point when I tried to lose weight a second time, and succeeded in about 8 lbs in a month and then skyrocketed back up). It was my average weight in Autumn 2017, which was a plateau after increasing from my all-time low of 233 lbs. in December 2016 (with maintenance through mid March 2017). And it was right before the sudden increase to 257 lbs. in April 2018. OK, this is good. I can feel the 240s are mine starting next week!

My goal this month (2 lbs. away now) is 247 lbs. This is a very special number to me, because it was the amount I weighed on August 8, 2016, when I decided I really did have a weight problem and needed to start keeping track of it (and hopefully figure out how to lose weight). No doubt I will shed a few tears on the day I hit it. Then again the day I reach and surpass my lowest recorded weight.

Thanks for the encouragement; I’m hoping I can get rid of two more pounds before the end of the month! Good luck to everyone out there!

Day 9 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Day 10 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Day 11 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Quick check in – MiL has UTI, is on antibiotics and will remain in hospital until they see an improvement. Hopefully not too long. Been invited out for dinner tonight so will try to be mindful and will need to make all my FDs at the end of the week. Will catch up on posts later.
    Have a good day all.

Day 11 – London – NFD

I am trying to look on the bright side but the scale hasn’t budged in over a week. I had a rotten EFS weekend, but I’m back on track now. FD- no problem, but trying to be sensible about my NFDs is a challenge, especially with kids who leave slices of pizza and cheese, etc on their plates. Also it’s so hot that the Pimm’s is just calling my name…

Adding myself to the DTF list because of that.

DTF List – Day 11 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @murielpuce

Day 11 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Stay strong Tuesday fasters 😎

Day 11 Melb Aust FD

Yay! My first properly successful FD in nearly 2 weeks. Hope the scales reward me tomorrow, or at least by Saturday.

@northgeorgia, you are rocking the weight loss – already into the 240s. That’s awesome.

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 11 North Canton OH FD

The internet dog ate my long and lovely post 😒

I will try again tomorrow. Cheerios all ❤

@funshipfreddie ( aka Brad) You know me so well. I don’t know why our marriage didn’t work out… you correctly didn’t put me on the DTF list. Our staycation in Norfolk includes a few illicit ( well not really- on OMAD you can have it) drinks. Sorry to let the side down but I’ll be back inside next week. And yes, @flourbaby – it was tricky to keep my mouth shut. Never my strong suit.

Onside. Not inside.

Day 11 Canada FD

Had a great bike ride yesterday, I am loving it! Need a FD today to get more traction in meeting this month’s goals and am set with my chicken salad dinner. I have always found counting calories a real drag but have decided to use MFP this month to keep NFD’s on track. What an eye opener! We had home made pizza for dinner last night so I plugged in all the ingredients. Yikes, what a whack of calories, making it a OMAD really was in order:)

@snowflake56 sounds like a lovely reunion, hope the next one is sooner
    @northerndawn that sounds like a cracker of a storm, hope the damage is an easy fix

Adding myself to the pocket list and look forward to being back tomorrow and being able to report on PFDS!!

Pocket List – Day 11 🍇
    @fastingto58kgs
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @annabelle48
    @hedwig6
    @at
    @bellyblast

ZBC List – Day 11 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @hedwig6
    @at
    @bellyblast

DTF List – Day 11 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @bellyblast

2nd post
    @ihatelettuce – sorry to hear that you need surgery. Glad it can happen quickly. wishing you a speedy recovery.
    @flour baby, @penz – I too have noticed this sizing conundrum. Back in my early twenties when I was last 58kg I wore a UK size 12 which is still true of my top half. But my bottom half is now a size 8, my SiL doesn’t believe me, but its true. Not sure what’s happened over the past 35 years.
    @belly blast, @flourbaby and others – thanks for your kind thoughts re MiL. she’s improving and fingers crossed should be back home Thursday or Friday.

Day 11_ Atlanta, Ga- USA- FD

Day 11 Minnesota, USA MFD?

I actually came in under 630 cal yesterday, so calling it a FD. I managed to hold off until 5:30p and then had my one meal, no snacking after that. Slept poorly, of course. Even with magnesium.
    I think I’ll shoot for 800 cals today, a 1-2 mile walk, and then yard work for a couple of hours. It’s quite pleasant with low humidity today, so I should take advantage of that and spend time out doors. Very eager to see under 170 lbs this week. 171.2 lbs today.

@judyjudes Congrats on your great weight loss! It feels so great to hit those “lowest since…….” numbers on the scales. Enjoy your success!
    @fastingto58kgs You can do it! I’m with you on needing a loss this week. Stay strong, we’ll aim for it together!
    @dykask I am always in awe of your exercises and water fasts. I hope I can eventually find the motivation. You are certainly inspiring!
    @emma-taylor so typical the guy ranting about people being overweight is….a guy! No hormonal changes to deal with. Anyway, not to the degree women have.
    @funshipfreddie Thanks for the link
    @hedwig6 Congrats to your DH and his promotion. I had an easier time in 2016, first time around, then I have since. I wonder if it’s because I know it works fine if I do it right, so I keep thinking I’ll do better in the days to come. In other words, not really committing fully. This time, I am committing because I’ve been feeling so terrible and activities are harder than when I’m 20 lbs less. I’m not getting any younger. I have to do this now and find a way to make it stick. I have to have an apple or veg with fiber if I get late night cravings. Or sugarless gum and I chew it viciously. I’m trying for a stop point to eating at 7-7:30. So, lots of gum, these days.
    @northgeorgia Congrats on entry into the 240’s club! Enjoy your success!
    @at Your posts are always so inspiring! They help me stay focused and give me something to really aspire to. Thank You!
    @suki2 I hope your MIL will improve quickly on the antibiotics. The elderly are so prone to UTI’s, and they have such extreme symptoms compared to younger people. Good luck with her.
    @ murielpuce You’ll get back on track! Cheering you on!
    @betsylee Good job on your great FD!. Wishing you many, many more.
    @bellyblast I am also getting a wake up call on my actual calorie intake. I have counted diligently off and on before, so you would think I would know the amounts of food I’m eating, but it seems within a year or so of not counting anything, my ability to accurately guess my intake has flown out the window (into the world of denial). Counting calories with you.

Good luck everyone!

Pocket List – Day 11 🍇
    @fastingto58kgs
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @annabelle48
    @hedwig6
    @at
    @bellyblast
    @northerndawn MFD (800)

ZBC List – Day 11 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @hedwig6
    @at
    @bellyblast
    @northerndawn

DTF List – Day 11 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @bellyblast
    @northerndawn

D11 uk fd

@Northgorgia, well done, rooting for you to move and set up temporary accommodation in the 240’s.

This weighing in every morning is keeping me honest. I just think of that nr on the scale when I think of breaking my fast, going over my calls.

Bit too late to go onto the pocket list. But will be better ext fd.

Day 12 – NZ – NFD
    SW 86.8kg in Feb 2020
    SW before starting 4:3: 85kg
    CW: 84.05kg
    Have been using a new scale since Monday, new one is 600grams higher but I feel like this one is more accurate anyway. Successful back to back FDs yesterday and monday, monday FD was fine, yesterday I was wanting to give up at 4pm after work, just felt so hungry but I thought if I give up now I’ll have to do another fast later in the week so I kept on the fast train choo choo 🚂😂
    Down 0.5kg since last Wednesday so that’s good 🥳 I sooo need a NFD today! Back to fasting again tomorrow as my last fast for the week.
    Ka kite ano!

Day 12 OMAD. Norwich. Uk.
    @at. That’s what I’m doing. – no calories until about 5 in the afternoon. It’s easier than you think. I love coffee with double cream, so I used to have that now and then, but I guess obviously, your body uses the fat in the cream for energy before the fat you are storing. ( or at least before the fat I’m storing…). So now if I want cream in my coffee, I wait until 5 o’clock. Might mess up my sleep but hey ho. I like the system but it’s not for everybody.

Day 12, NFD, Aus

I seem to have touched a nerve with some about my comment that most runners don’t look happy. My choice of words was quite deliberate – when I’m out walking, and runners run past, the look on most of their faces is not a smiling one. Doesn’t mean they’re not enjoying themselves, or are not happy – but they don’t look it!! But I would like to be a runner – I run in my dreams and it’s always so effortless. If I could replicate that feeling in real life, it would make me happy (even if I did not have a smile on my face!)

Thanks for posting the link to that article, @funshipfreddie – nothing really new in it but it’s always good to have a reminder.

@basyjames – curses on those internet dogs! 🙂

We make home made pizza as our Friday night treat. I think it would ruin it for me FOREVER if I knew how many calories were in it, so I’m so glad you didn’t post the figure, @bellyblast.

In this era of job losses and economic downfall it’s so nice to read of someone getting a promotion. Congrats Mr Hedwig6!

Sounds like you’ve tamed your scales, @NorthGergia – well done!

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Day 12, ZBC
    @penz

Day 12, DTF
    @penz

Day 12 – NZ – NFD
    Hi all, sorry for break in posting (been reading posts daily which I enjoy).
    Last week was a bit wobbly – got back on track with water over the weekend which helped (too many treats still though – over and above the usual!).
    TOM started also which I wasn’t expecting so wondering if that affected my sweet treat lack of control!!
    Did weigh in yesterday (Tuesday):
    Loss: 0.6kg
    Current weight: 67.4kg
    Think the water helped and also knowing on Monday that I had a weigh in the next day helped pull me out of “weekend mode” and have a good OMAD/exercise/water.
    Will stick to weigh in next Tuesday – was good not hopping daily on scales.
    Hope everyone has a good week.

Day 12, Emden Germany, NFD

FD went well yesterday but I drank too much and had to get up 4 times last night. No dance class tonight because of the heatwave. I’m thinking about @ciren2, I hope she’s fine.

@i-hate-lettuce I hope you will be fine after surgery and won’t have to do other treatments afterwards.

@hedwig6 Congratulations to your DH on his promotion, of course it had to be celebrated.

@suki2 I hope your MIL will be home soon.

@emma-taylor We hardly go to restaurants anymore, we don’t have good ones in the town we live in and mostly think we could have done better at home. We both like to cook and it mostly tasts good.

@northgeorgia You are doing so well, I’m sure you will be at 247 lbs by the end of the month.

@at and @bellyblast It was so lovely to talk to them in person, on the phone or via mail it’s different. They want me to do Skype or Zoom but I don’t feel comfortable with it.

Day 12, ZBC
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @snowflake56

Day 12, DTF
    @penz

Have a nice day everyone!

D12 – uk – nfd

Fantastic fd yesterday. Scales smiled at me this morning, but I chose to remember how fickle they can be and didn’t get my hopes up. I still have a week away next week without scales, and with 2 12 year old girls. So sticking to my hope for just the 1lb.

Day 12 – UK – CD

Good morning everyone

Thanks for the thoughts, was annoyed about not able to get out for walks, but have to do it. Need to focus on calorie intake and sensible food, drank gallons of water yesterday as it was so hot out in the garden! However the heat won’t last for long.

Take care all

Day 12 OMAD Norwich UK

We went to the beach!!! We swam in the sea!!!! I think that’s my first swim this year. It was just lovely. Holkham beach. So big!!! Fairly busy but plenty of space. And I decided to have it out with my friend, and told him that the calories in/ calories out idea for weight loss was very outdated and modern science is a lot more clued up about insulin, fasting, etc etc. ( I went on a bit…). Anyway, he looked somewhat chastened when I finally shut up. He’d obviously pressed my buttons a bit too hard. Hope we are still friends when we go home tomorrow….😳😳😳

Day 12 – UK – NFD

Good Morning Everyone

Woke feeling shattered due to thunder & lightning storm around 3:00am. Will try to get the water in today. Despite the heat yesterday, I didn’t get enough down.

Looking forward to salad for lunch and lamb for dinner.

Have a great day!

Day 12 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Hope everyone is doing fine. Yesterday’s FD was fine, no going off track, slept well despite the heat (but we are not having the heatwave in Ireland that you guys in the UK and Europe are having) and going to do a B2B today.

Got a wake up call from my Dad last night. He had tried to call me at the weekend but I was on the motorcycle so didn’t get it, then I forgot to return his call until last night…….well……he was not impressed with his children who never ring him and at 83 he could have been in difficulty alone at home and none of his children returning his calls 😱

Yes, I feel so guilty and awful. Like a selfish teenager and I am 53. I am sure he let off on my other brothers and sisters too. All I could do was apologise. He is so right too.

During this pandemic we are not seeing our loved ones as much as we did, but there is no excuse for not getting in touch or returning calls 😨 Major slap on the hand for me and I will be so much more mindful of my Dad from now on.

So, on that note, take care of yourselves and your family and have a great day.

D12 NFD Lake district

Just checking in

Day 12 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@at & anyone who’s interested – the Fast-5 Diet book is available for free on Bert Herring’s website:- https://shop.bertherring.com/collections/free-digital-downloads

Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Pocket List – Day 12 🍌
    @daffodil2010

ZBC List – Day 12 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @snowflake
    @funshipfreddie

DTF List – Day 12 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie

Day 12, London, UK, NFD(?)

I’m undecided about today, it’s hot enough to survive on water, so perhaps a LFD, but a poor nights’ sleep means my mojo might be caught napping by a sneaky biscuit or 2!!!

OMG, @northgeorgia, I’m almost more eager for you to get to 247 than I am to meet my own August goal …………………… I did say “almost”😜!!! No counting chickens, but THIS is your month!!!!

@at good to have you back, our other long term maintainer has been AWOL too, I hope those winds didn’t find you @songbirdme 💨!!! I used to pay in advance for a term of Pilates, now it’s weekly, I find myself cancelling, like I did this morning 😉 …………………………….. It’s far too hot to do anything this morning and the terrible night’s sleep hasn’t helped!!!………………….. I know I’m making excuses, but I can feel it turning into a lazy, lazy day!!

@penz, I have a picture of you sleeping & dreaming of running and doing that leg twitch thing dogs do when they’re chasing squirrels in their sleep!!!! 😂😝

Welcome back @time4me, post when or if you can, no pressure!! Sometimes I find just letting everyone know I’m aiming for a CD helps it happen & the FD pocket-list has done the same trick many times too!!

Time for another QA …………………………..- I once had a friend (like yours @emma-taylor!!) tell me I would drink donkey urine (??) if someone said it led to weight loss after I told him about fasting😲😤 ……………………. Having seem my results & actually done some research, he (a real gym fanatic & member of the ‘fat people should just move more’ camp!!) now does OMAD every day!!!😏 So, ………………………………………………….Have you turned around a negative reaction to your WOL?

@daffodil2010 ……………………………. Ouch!!! Ticked off by your dad, they go to a secret school to learn how to pour on the guilt ……………………… deserved or not!!! 😁😜😂 You’re never too old are you?? He won’t be able to get rid of you all now, the phone will be red hot!!!!………………………….. I’m off to call my mum!!!

Not sure what Brad’s up to, but I don’t think there are any Hump Day fasters ………………….. yet!!!
    ZBC List – Day 12 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @snowflake
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby

DTF List – Day 12 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby

Stay strong everyone!!!!

Pocket List – Day 12 🍌
    @daffodil2010
    @annabelle48

Day12 FD UK

Have added myself to the pocket list as I thought you looked a bit lonely @daffodil2010.

Had a good day yesterday and the scales rewarded me. I have now got to 11 stone, 154 lbs. This is doubly pleasing as I am a very slow tortoise and it is my biggest drop so far. it is my goal to be under this by the end of the month and as we are about halfway through it should be doable provided I don’t fall off the wagon meantime.
    This very hot weather in the UK is so debilitating, too hot to exercise but on the other hand not very hungry so a bit of swings and roundabouts.

@judyjudes. Wish you could send some of your rain southwards. We are as dry as a bone in this corner of England.
    @ Emma Taylor. Friends of mine have a flat in Norfolk and they have just returned home. Said it was really lovely there.

Samples submitted to doctor have shown up something that needs further investigation so probably a CT scan, fine with that, and an up periscope job which I am not fine with. It’s the disclaimer form you have to sign in case they perforate the bowel. A one way street where I will have to live with the consequences. No help for it but if it comes to that. Lots of praying and crossing of fingers.

Hope you all have a good day.

Day 12 – 2nd Post

@flourbaby@daffodil2010 confused me; she put ‘NFD’ but wrote she’s doing ‘B2B’… 🤔

Day 12 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    1st of 2 FDs b2b. Hoping the heat will supress my appetite.
    Lovely catch up with friends last night. Food was lovely and after we’d eaten we all went for a half hour walk around their village in the dark. 🙂
    @annabelle48 – good luck with your investigations.
    @flourbaby – in answer to your question DH was very sceptical until he realised I could stick to the program and I actually lost the weight. Its not for him though, he needs a regular intake otherwise he feels odd.
    @funshipfreddie – thanks for the link, I’ll take a look at the book, although it might be a bit much for me.
    @northern dawn – thanks for your good wishes. Its so difficult to get her to drink enough normally and with this heat wave here in the UK I’m glad she’s in hospital with people keeping an eye on her 24 hours.
    Pocket List – Day 12 🍌
    @daffodil2010
    @annabelle48
    @suki2

Day 12…..Florida……FD

Did a great job yesterday on my NFD, great meaning the scale was nice to me this morning. It’s nice to see that, considering lately, I’ve really struggled the last couple weeks.
    Today is my last FD, until Sat. And Friday, I’m going to consider a free day as it will be my day off and hubby and I plan on taking a day trip. So, I know of course that will be a trip to a restaurant.

So, I do work on Sat., so I’m planning on just squeezing my third FD in on that day.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Just a quick up date, one of our charter schools has its doors for the first day of school this morning! This is the first day of our new normal for school age children. Hopefully, all goes well for our future.

Before I decide to be your ride or die chick, I have a couple questions.
    Where are we riding to?
    Do I have to die?

Day 12 – USA/GA – FD

Thanks for all the encouragement! It feels wonderful to be so close to these “milestone” goals and to know that I’ll probably get to them well before the end of the year. Today’s post NFD weigh-in wasn’t bad, heavier by around three quarters a pound at 250.6 lbs. That’s a lovely number going into FD#2! On my whiteboard, where I’m also tracking my weight loss, I have drawn a little sign that says, “Welcome to the 240s!” These little notes of encouragement help me, but I find my best encouragement here in the forum. Best of luck to everyone on meeting their goals this month, and for today, especially to those on the pocket lists below:

Pocket List – Day 12 🍌
    @daffodil2010
    @annabelle48
    @suki2
    @northgeorgia

ZBC List – Day 12 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @snowflake
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia

DTF List – Day 12 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby

Day 12 – UK – FD800

Another hot day 🥵 went out early to get my food shop done before the roads and supermarket got too busy – back home then out again to the village to visit our local deli for fresh sourdough, flapjacks (for OH to have after his runs!! he loves it with greek yogurt) and few other bits – was very hot and sweaty by the time I got back home.

Decided against going for a walk as too hot – may venture out later if it cools down a bit……

Managed to come in under 800cals yesterday after Monday’s FD600 – aiming for another FD800 today 🤞

Naughty me has just ordered a mixed case of Summer Drinking White Wines from the Wine Society 🤭 but it won’t be delivered until 26/8 so maybe not too bad!!!!

@northgeorgia – way to go – into the 240s
    @suki2 – hopefully the antibiotics will sort MIL out soon x
    @betsylee – great job on that first proper FD in 2 weeks – You can do this!
    @basyjames -naughty “internet dog”
    @emma-taylor – thank you for explaining and good luck with your Fast5 journey – The beach at Holkham is one of the most unspoilt and beautiful stretches of sand in the country I think and the hall is well worth a visit too – I use to live in Suffolk and often crossed into Norfolk for days out
    @penz – no nerve touched here – serious runners tend to be fairly intense by nature I think – at least my OH is and he enjoys the post run feeling created by all those endorphins floating about I guess……I’m sure that the homemade pizza are better for you than the shop bought ones 😉
    @daffodil2010 – we always remain children in our parents eyes – but you are right during these strange times especially it is important to stay in touch and return calls 🤗
    @funshipfreddie – thanks for the link – will investigate
    @flourbaby – I did a High Impact Pilates class yesterday at 5pm and I was absolutely drenched – lovely cool shower and a rest was required before my evening meal and today is even hotter so not doing any exercise except perhaps for an easy yoga session later??
    @annabelle48 – positive thoughts are with you whilst you are undergoing those investigation especially the invasive unpleasant ones!!

The heat certainly seems to be helping reduce my appetite – I’m drinking lots of water though, so hopefully will be able to successfully complete this 5 day x FD800 target I have set myself so adding myself to the pocket lists for support

Pocket List – Day 12 🍌
    @daffodil2010
    @annabelle48
    @suki2
    @northgeorgia
    @at

ZBC List – Day 12 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @snowflake
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia
    @at

DTF List – Day 12 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @at

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 12 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

No problem drinking my body weight in water today, it’s sooooo hot 🥵 Managed a 40 minute walk although not as brisk as usual! Enjoying summer while we have it…..and the heat has significantly reduced my appetite although a chilled glass of dry white wine would go down a treat but thankfully I haven’t got any in the fridge so I will stick with water…..roll on Friday 🥂😎

DTF List – Day 12 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @at
    @missybear

Day 12 Minnesota, USA CD
    Made my DH a homemade keto-crust pizza yesterday and couldn’t resist having some myself. I did manage only that one meal at 5 pm, and no snacks, but I’m sure I was over 800 cals. Hopefully, not over 1200.
    @annabelle48 Maybe you can take comfort in the fact that there is low incidence of perforation or complications from the procedure. I am sending you positive vibes and good wishes. I hope you get good news and feel better soon.

@songbirdme…..I hope you are okay? Thinking of you!

Good luck everyone!

Pocket List – Day 12 🍌
    @daffodil2010
    @annabelle48
    @suki2
    @northgeorgia
    @at

ZBC List – Day 12 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @snowflake
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @northerndawn

DTF List – Day 12 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @at
    @missybear
    @northerndawn

Day 12 USA (Illinois) NFD

Bad storms in Iowa and Illinois left us with no internet for 2 days. All fixed now – yeah! No storm damage here, thank the Lord, but many others were without power, some still are.

Hope to read posts and get back with you all soon.

Onward and downward.

@northerndawn -thanks for asking about me, just saw that! You’re okay too it sounds….

Day 12 OMAD Norwich. UK

Hi @flourbaby. Hope you are well. Norfolk has been a revelation. We used to come here as kids on holiday, but I just didn’t remember how beautiful it was. All the flint covered houses!! Just lovely. Today we went to Cley Next The Sea. Another beautiful huge beach, then we went to Sheringham, and then Cromer – two more amazing beaches, and all fairly quiet.
    My friend, who was merrily disparaging fasting, also seems to have come round a bit – he keeps asking questions about OMAD. Tbh, although he’s got a nice figure, his diet is pretty poor. He drinks a lot of sugary drinks, has biscuits for breakfast, and generally eats a fair bit of fast food. His choice, but I’m hoping he’s taken something on board. He’s a great transmitter but quite a poor receiver, so I’m not sure it’s gone in🤪🤪🤪

Day 13, FD, Aus

Had a good day yesterday, foodwise. I don’t count calories (tho I feel I should) but I sense it would have qualified as a CFD.

Channelling @funshipfreddie on my Thursday FD as I know my mojo always wobbles at the end of the week… But I’m curious as to what the scales may say tomorrow so that should keep me away from the kitchen.

@annabelle48 – I did enjoy the humour in your ‘up the periscope’ description, even though of course, your impending procedures are not at all amusing. Cross fingers it goes well.

Day 13 FD pocket list:
    @penz

Day 13, Emden Germany, FD

My NFDs are not the best, I keep on eating. I’m better at fasting when it’s cooler but I’ll try today.

Day 13 FD pocket list:
    @penz
    @snowflake56

ZBC List-Day 13
    @penz
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

D13 – UK – nfd.

@snowflake56 I am struggling with the same affliction. I seccumbed to many things I shouldn’t have yesterday, and my cheese eating was off the charts (not helped by asking my other half to get me a cheese on toast, and ending up with a doorstop piece of cheese. I could have chosen not to eat it…). I am starting to wonder if I put enough calories in my meals, or whether I have some psychological reset button that makes me panic that I will alter my weight on fd’s.

One step at a time, exercising my fasting muscle first, then will tackle the nfd’s. There is a reason I seem incapable of liosing weight, I need to tackle them one at a time. Sadly with the hot weather and rediculous schedule my running has not happened all week.

Day 13 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Sorry for the confusion yesterday @funshipfreddie, I did indeed put NFD by mistake when it should have been FD B2B 😀 Being ticked off by my Dad set me awry ha ha

So it was an ok FD until bedtime when I (yes me) suggested tea and toast as a bedtime snack to DH and of course it was a thick slice of bread lavished with butter…at least we shared the slice of bread and didn’t have any more!

A slight loss this morning but still, it might have been better. Won’t be an FD today but will try to be good.

And then this morning I realised I had left the poor cat locked into our patio (surrounded by sliding glass doors which I usually leave slightly open for her to get in and out) and with nowhere for her to “go” there was an unfortunate toilet incident (luckily just number 1) to deal with at 6am! Both me and DH out with the hose and cleaning fluid at that time…..our neighbours probably think we are mad.

My brain must be fried 😀 The cat is now lying on the chair beside me so all is forgiven.

Have a great day all you Thursday fasters.

Day 13 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Another spectacular electrical storm last night with lots of rain, so garden a bit soggy this morning, however a couple of indoor jobs available before this afternoons appointment.
    Could hardly get going yesterday, ‘phone seemed to be ringing every time I tried to make a start!

Take care all

Day 13 FD pocket list:
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce

ZBC List-Day 13
    @penz
    @snowflake56

Day 13 -UK – FD

Good Morning Everyone

No news. Have a good day.

Day 13 FD pocket list:
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes

ZBC List-Day 13
    @penz
    @snowflake56

Day 13 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Must stay focused, just one more day and I can have wine tomorrow 😎

Day 13 FD pocket list:
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @missybear

ZBC List-Day 13
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @missybear

DTF List-Day 13
    @missybear

D13 FD Lake District UK

Well I have truly LOST THE PLOT.

Not been able to stop eating for two days (NFDs). I feel dreadful. My stomach is bloated and gurgling all the time but yet I still continue to over eat.
    Why do I do it? I have been really good for 10 days and have probably put back all the weight I lost in the two days.

I have not been reading the posts so have much to catchup on today so apologise if I have not replied to you.

I am struggling with the hot weather so no exercise either.

Going for a FD today as planned hoping get back on some form of track.

Sorry for the moaning post first thing in the morning.

ZBC List-Day 13
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @missybear
    @kazoo

Day 13 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@annabelle48 – I hope all those tests are over & done with soon! Sounds like you need another hug 🤗

Friday is around the corner…. Let’s do this Thursday fasters! 🥇

Pocket List – Day 13 🍋
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @missybear
    @kazoo
    @funshipfreddie

ZBC List – Day 13 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake
    @missybear
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

DTF List – Day 13 ☕️
    @missybear
    @funshipfreddie

“Anything is possible for one day” ~ I forgot who said that, but it’s true! 😃

Day 13, London, UK, NFD

Some unexpected PFDS today, yesterday I had one of those days we dream of😍; an unplanned, unexpected, light & breezy FD, or LFD in my case!!! The heatwave helped immensely😇!!

@annabelle48, you sound like you have my kind of attitude to these things ………………”It is what it is” ……………………. And you just have to deal with it. I hope you get some clarification and I’m keeping you and @i-hate-lettuce in my thoughts🙏.

@at, I think high impact Pilates will have to wait until the heatwave has passed and also until I’ve mastered regular Pilates!!! My core wouldn’t forgive me!!!

@emma-taylor, I’m well, thanks for asking🤗! I’m stealing that phrase “He’s a great transmitter but quite a poor receiver” I know many, many super-transmitters😜!!

@snowflake56, @fasterjo & @kazoo I can feel your frustration, it’s finding your balance that sometimes causes the problem. You’re probably wondering why you ‘can’t’ manage the NFDs and sometimes even the FDs (I find them easier than NFDs!!)!! You’re not incapable of losing weight, but our bodies are miraculous but demanding & difficult machines😳. Stick to the basics, plan NFDs down to the last calorie for at least 1 week (tedious, I know, but very effective – that doorstep of cheese was probably 250cals!! 👀) reward yourself at the end of that week with a manicure, pedicure, brand new car (?)🙌 whatever makes you smile & appreciate the sense of achievement!!! If it helps, join the pocket list and actually print it & keep it in your pocket, stick it on the kitchen door……………………… give a copy to your OH, start a new group for those struggling with NFDs …………………. The ‘Never a Feasting Day’ group perhaps? 👩👨👩👦 Whatever helps get you through tricky days, means you’re a day closer to your goal, Stay strong💪!!!

All is forgiven @daffodil2010, Brad had your back💜!!! You’ll find your new groove soon, your change in work location, OH at home at unusual times & topsy-turvy hormones …………………….. NOT to mention the small issue of this pandemic😱, have probably thrown you a bit off course. We’ve got a big chunk of August left for you to do some proper halo polishing😇……………….. easy!!! ………………. Treats for cat🐱 & dad👨 are in order, I think!!

@i-hate-lettuce, I’m not even going to mention that we haven’t even had one single, solitary drop of rain here🌞!!……………………. Doh!!!!!🙏

@missybear, just an observation from your last couple of posts, ……………………………………… but are you counting the minutes until midnight, then planning on cracking open a bottle???? 🍾🥂 ………………….. If you are, I’ll join you🍺🍷🍻!!!!

Friday is around the corner…. Let’s do this Thursday fasters! 🥇

Pocket List – Day 13 🍋
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @missybear
    @kazoo
    @funshipfreddie

ZBC List – Day 13 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake
    @missybear
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby

DTF List – Day 13 ☕️
    @missybear (counting the minutes!)
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby

“Most people give up right before the big break comes — don’t let that person be you.” Michael Boyle

Pocket List – Day 13 🍋
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @missybear
    @kazoo
    @funshipfreddie
    @annabelle48

Thank you all so much for your encouragement re tests. It really makes an awful lot of difference.

@northern Dawn. Your info on stats re procedure is very helpful and positive. Thank you
    @ FUNSHIPFREDDIE. The hug is very welcome and working wonders.
    @ suki2 @penz @ Flourbaby @at and any I missed my grateful thanks for all your good wishes. Will keep you all posted of the eventual outcome.

@ Emma Taylor. I just love your transmitter/ receiver analogy. I have a friend who is rather similar in that he is an expert on everything. It reminds me of the Pam Ayers poem ‘They should have asked my Husband’. If you don’t know it do try to look it up it is hilarious.

Have put myself on the Pocket list today, as usual at the beginning, haven’t cracked it yet.
    I agree that this hot weather certainly diminishes the appetite. Drinking lots of water but bladder seems to have got very confused and not much is being passed during the day but boy is it working overtime at night, had to get up 5 times last night. Fortunately I am able to get back to sleep but it is making me tired the next day.

Did a one and a half mile walk early this morning, came back shattered due to the humidity. That’s me for today.

Just love the quotes, where do you find them all? Will end with nothing ventured nothing gained (not weight gain though).

Day 13…..Florida….NFD

Yesterday was an okay FD. It was a OMAD, I could have done better but my sweet tooth was crazy. I did stop eating at 5 pm, so I’ll have an extra long fasting period today before I break, almost 19 hours. Hopefully, this will help with the over eat on my FD and make my NFD a bit more spectacular.
    I’ll be on the road for work today, so I have to make some good choices on the food front. It’s hard when there is just mostly fast food drive thur’s open and eating a salad in a vehicle tends to be harder then it should be.

Well….I must be off……

Before I decide to be your ride or die chick, I have a couple questions……
    Where are we riding to?
    Do I have to die?

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 760 total)

You must be logged in to reply.