🎆Auspicious August🎆 – Pandemic Obliterating Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
🎆Auspicious August🎆 – Pandemic Obliterating Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 758 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  NorthernDawn 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 760 total)

• Day 9 – USA/GA – NFD

OK, I’ve not been good this weekend with my NFDs. Overdoing the snacking, especially in the evenings, been slack with the water intake, and haven’t done a lot of walking at all. So the scales inched back to 252 lbs. today *sigh* Will try to rectify those habits today.

On the other hand, this seems to be a new pattern in my slowed weight loss. Week 1: weight first appears as a low limit of a range; Week 2: weight appears to be the median/average of a range; Week 3: weight appears to be the high limit of a range and then disappears. Frustrating to be sitting at the edge of 240s Country and not get through customs! Here’s to hoping August, week 2, pushes the envelope further along!

Good luck to everyone,

Pocket List – Day 9
    @flourbaby LFD

Day 9 Canada NFD

Happy Sunday. Looking forward to a slow morning after a super busy week. Only had time for a quick check in each day and missed adding myself to the ZBC and DTF lists but they have made a big difference to having a good month. I was so tired driving home from work last night I didn’t have the energy to stop and buy wine so it is a dry weekend.

I’m so enjoying riding my bike, the exercise is great but being in the forest with birds and wildflowers and the occasional bear (!) lifts the soul. It seems that the pandemic has motivated lots of people to do the same as sporting equipment is sold out. Silver linings 🙂

@basyjames I am so glad you and your OH have found your way back together, wow that is a lot on weight he has lost. I used to run and with my daughter as well, it is a fantastic thing to share
    @northerndawn I also find that sometimes I have a really bad sleep after FD’s but surprisingly it ruin the day.
    @i-hate-lettuce your deck sounds like a perfect place to relax after a MOAM walk. I love Sundays, favourite morning of the week even when I am not working
    @judyjudes planning meals is such a great thing to do
    @suki2 hope your MIL is okay
    @flourbaby I need to drink double water today, didn’t feel like I could drink any yesterday:(
    @northgeorgia 240 will come, hang in there

Pocket List – Day 9
    @flourbaby LFD

Day 9 – UK – NFD – OMAD

Yesterday went to plan. Today has been OMAD. Roast salmon, mozzarella & massive salad with balsamic & olive oil dressing. Followed by Greek yoghurt and chopped pecans; Latte & 2 cups tea with milk = 1100 calories. Fully satiated and done for the day. Sparkling water & herbal teas until bedtime. Hoping for a decent weigh in tomorrow.

Sending Positive Vibes.

Pocket List

@flourbaby

Day 9 Minnesota, USA NFD

Goal today: eat between 1pm and 7pm, stay under 1450 calories (TDEE)
    Plan my meal for FD for tomorrow.
    Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

Day 9 -2nd post

@brightonbelle, @funshipfreddie – LOL, brats, in this case, is short for bratwurst, and is the term used for almost any sausage one would throw on the BBQ. Pronounced more like ” brott”.
    Mine was a cheddar-bacon brat (sausage)…very tasty!
    Granddaughters were very sweet, and not “bratty” at all.

D9 NFD UK Lake District

Late posting today. Went for another swim today. Then had a lovely Sunday lunch with our son. Stayed within my TDEE.

@emma-taylor sorry I confused you. My swim is in Lake Windermere. We started open water swimming about three years ago. It is a wonderful experience. Normally we have the lake to ourselves but we had to share it today with tourists. We do about 800 metres breaststroke which takes about 40 mins. depending on the weather. If it is blustery is takes much longer.

@flourbaby. Thanks for sorting out the pocket lists.

Day 10, FD, Aus

Nice to wake up to sunshine today after three days of rain. The upside was we had lots of rain, and the run-off from the nearby nature reserve created a spontaneous river. My young dog had an absolute ball running through it and biting at the rapids. He is such a water baby.

Starting all the pocket lists today:

Day 10 FD
    @penz

Day 10 ZBC
    @penz

Day 10 DTF
    @penz

Day 10 OMAD Life Naomi

@kazoo – That sounds just lovely. I’m very jealous. I love swimming in cold water too. Hope you enjoyed it. I live near Tooting Bec lido, which is huge and unheated. But I don’t think it’s open yet. Maybe later in the year.

Day 9 USA (Illinois) FD

Today became a FD kind of by default. We patronized a fairly new restaurant with “Soul Food Sunday” carry out. We split one meal of BBQ ribs, collard greens, cornbread and stuffing so I got it at about 680 calories. Had that after church, so decided to just let that be my one meal. I look forward to eating the other meal and pound cake dessert tomorrow!

Onward and downward.

Day 10 – Japan – WFD #63

@flourbaby — On planks I was getting to the point of boredom. I didn’t have any problems with keeping up. On frogs I gave up and I should start again. I was in the 10 to 15 second range but kept falling on my face. I forgot all about it and I’m glad you reminded me. My balance isn’t that great and I should be doing more of those types of things. That is something I can do inside away from the heat and humidity.

Update post —

I was pleased that I can easily get into the sitting frog, but I can only hold it for a couple seconds before a face-plant.

Day 10 Melb Aust CD

Had a couple of NFDs at the weekend. Yesterday was my own fault, as I cooked a banana cake which was SOOO delicious that I ate 3 slices, two of them with gelati ice-cream. NOT a TDEE day as planned. Ah well, onward we go anyway.

Stay safe everyone!

Day 10, Emden Germany, FD
    Day 8 & 9 NFD

what a lovely weekend we had, after not seeing each other for 6 months, we had a lot to talk about.

@daffodil2010 I also can’t resist crips so try not to buy them.

@northerndawn thanks, it was so lovely seeing them again.

@basyjames I’m so glad to hear you and your OH are back together again. What a great loss your OH had, well done!

It’s going to be a hot day again so I have to remind myself to drink enough throughout the day. I tend to drink a lot in the morning and then don’t think about it anymore.

Day 10 FD
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56

Day 10 ZBC
    @penz
    @snowflake56

Day 10 DTF
    @penz

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 10 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Quick post this morning. Had a great weekend on the motorbike but we were shocked at the traffic in Northern Ireland. I know it’s holiday time, and we were travelling around the coast where the Giants Causeway and lots of beaches are, but this Covid Staycation things means more people trying to visit places and the crowds are decidedly not social distancing.

Great time had however, but don’t ask me about the food and drink 😁

So it’s FD today and will be joining everyone of the lists too.

Day 10 – UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Another glorious morning, shame we’re occupied and can’t get out first thing, however, needs must!
    Glad to hear others are starting to meet up with family, I haven’t seen ‘the kids’ this year! Frequently talk on ‘phone etc but as we all know it’s not the same.
    Trying to think of a way to get together, but not allowed at the moment.

@daffodil – we’re the same here, there’s a huge increase in traffic and visitors, we used to be a quiet backwater, not any more!

Take care all.

Day 10 FD
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 10 ZBC
    @penz
    @snowflake56

Day 10 DTF
    @penz

D10-uk-nfd
    Weekend was a disaster. Visitig nieces during semi-lockdown meant I had to get what was available and convenient for them.
    New week, new opportunity. Just aiming for that 1lb.

Day 10 – NZ – FD
    2nd fast
    I did a cheeky weigh after two non fast days and looks like I’ve gained what I loss plus more but I do feel bloated and also still on shark week so will see what the scale does after two fast days.
    Been an ok day today, just really busy on the ward at the moment, can’t wait to start my new job on 24 Aug. Anyway 7.55pm here in NZ, made it through my DD. Doing back to back, so another fast day tomorrow, I know I can do it. Might go to bed soon had a horrible sleep last night for no particular reason.
    Hope everyone is well.
    I’ll be back tomorrow.

D10 MFD Lake District UK

Just checking in to add myself to the pocket lists.

Have good day everyone what ever you are doing.

Day 10 FD
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @kazoo

Day 10 ZBC
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo

DAY 10 FD UK

Good morning all. Another hot hot day. Too hot for me and the garden is desperate for rain.
    I am making my slow usual slow progress of about 4oz at a time but hey a loss is a loss. Plus side is hot weather makes me drink more and eat less.

Feeling much better now but still waiting for some sort of diagnosis.

Have started doing some light exercises.

@dykask. What is a frog and sitting frog?

Will try to add myself to pocket list today.

Keep strong.

Day 10 – UK – FD

Good Morning

Stayed on point over the weekend. Was rewarded by scales with a drop to 9st 7.1lbs. I’ve not seen that weight since before my SCI 4 years ago. I honestly thought I’d never see it again.

Today’s menu is prawn salad for lunch and chicken curry for dinner.

Wishing everyone a great week.

Day 10, London, UK, LFD,

Today I’m throwing in another LFD since yesterday’s went south!!! I think it was just too lonely on the pocket list😢, what was I thinking?? Sunday’s make for very, very tricky FDs!!! Today, I expect the heatwave will assist me in my efforts to just DRINK MORE WATER!!!

So, I’m showing my age, but way back before it was just ‘M&S’, when it was ‘Marks & Spencer’s’ it was also ‘St. Michaels’ – I think it was always all three, but now laziness (or is it efficiency?) prevails ….………………….. so M&S it is!!! Anyway, clearing out my mum’s wardrobe this weekend, I found a pair of trousers which I thought might be handy for me for work, still in fantastic condition and good quality tailoring👌, so I snagged them!!! I tried them on this morning and although the legs are rather loose, the waist is a good inch or 2 off of actually buttoning up, so I figured I’ll put them away until I whittle my waist a bit more, but I thought I’d check the size ……………………………….. SIZE 18!!!!😱 (I’m currently a 12/14) the label says size 18 std for waist 32” …………………… in what universe is a size 18 a 32” waist????? Have the cereal makers, the ‘breakfast is the most important meal of the day’ crowd, the ‘eat 6 small meals a day’ club and the ‘eat every 3-4 hrs’ brigade been banding together😤, and changing the clothes sizes as WE grow larger in order to stop us taking action😠????? If those trousers won’t button up now, that means I would probably be a size 20 back in the 80’s or 90’s😰😟😢!!!!!!!!!………………………….I need to lay down!!!!!!

@songbirdme, those are the best kinds of FD, accidental, by default, unplanned 🙌 …………………… I would certainly take one any way I can!!!

@dykask, you’ll be back up to 15s in no time, at least you can still get into position, muscle memory is expect!! I can’t even think about push-ups or frogs let alone planche pose😱!!! ZERO upper body strength here!!! 😂

Day 10 FD
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @fastingto58kgs
    @kazoo
    @annabelle48
    @ JudyJudes
    @flourbaby

Day 10 ZBC
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @flourbaby

Stay strong people!!! Onward & downwards!!!

Day 10 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Aargh?! Disastrous Sunday. Not a EFS exactly; but I lost the plot with cider whilst watching a movie last night.

@flourbaby – ‘vanity sizing’, that’s what it is. The only way to know your real size is to use a tape measure. https://twentytwowords.com/brands-you-never-knew-used-sneaky-vanity-sizing/

Wishing everyone a hassle-free fast day 💪

Day 10 – FD Pocket List 🍏
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @fastingto58kgs
    @kazoo
    @annabelle48
    @judyjudes
    @flourbaby LFD
    @funshipfreddie

ZBC List – Day 10 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie

Day 10 – DTF ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 10, Massachusetts, USA – FD

Okay, back with a FD, after a long time. I’ve taken a week off in between jobs, and I’m planning to spend it catching up with long overdue projects at home, helping my brother and SIL pack up their house for a move, and hanging out with my awesome non-bratwursty kids.

I have been remarkably sedentary the past few weeks, and especially last week. I typically average about 12-14000 steps a day, and last week’s average was 8430, and it was only that high because of a run on Monday of last week. That, combined with complete fast abdication, has let to unfortunate results on the scale. Boooooooo.

My goal this week is to bump up my daily activity back to reasonably normal levels. I’m trying to reset my schedule a little as I approach starting my new job.

@flourbaby, definitely vanity sizing. There are people in the world that are more likely to purchase clothing if the number they see is smaller. I really wish women’s clothes sized with measurements like men’s clothes! It would be a lot easier to know what I’m getting into, especially in the days of pandemic clothes purchasing.

@judyjudes, you’ve been so consistent. How inspiring! Nice work.

@fastingto58kgs, shark week is the worst time to jump on a scale. But I do it anyway, because there is one day in that week when my weight drops beyond its usual low, and it’s fun to see. Congrats on the new job!

@penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @kazoo
    @annabelle48
    @judyjudes
    @flourbaby LFD
    @funshipfreddie
    @hedwig6

ZBC List – Day 10 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie
    @hedwig6

Day 10 – DTF ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 10 – USA/GA – FD

Good morning! The body is weird. I felt pretty bad about snacking all day yesterday, and I could have behaved better over the weekend. The good news is I actually lost weight and am back to 251 lbs. going into today’s FD. My goal for the month is 247, and with a 1/3 of the month already over, it’s going to be a close one! Not going to be any walking afternoons this week, as it appears the typical tropical rain pattern has returned for this week. August is a terrible time here for outdoor exercise — it’s either blazing hot right up to darkness or it’s lightning with sudden downpours. I’ll have to get creative with some indoor activities, while learning to behave on NFDs!

Good luck to everyone on the pocket lists today! As I don’t eat breakfast on FDs, I’m adding my name to today’s ZBC, too!

@penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @kazoo
    @annabelle48
    @judyjudes
    @flourbaby LFD
    @funshipfreddie
    @hedwig6
    @northgeorgia

ZBC List – Day 10 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie
    @hedwig6
    @northgeorgia

Day 10 – DTF ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 10 UK FD

Relatively happy – it was so warm over the weekend I literally had no choice but to drink quite a few cool 🍺 but I was pretty good food on the food front so no major damage done Happy to hear we still have 2/3 left so best foot forward adding myself to every list going and looking forward to a good week
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @kazoo
    @annabelle48
    @judyjudes
    @flourbaby LFD
    @funshipfreddie
    @hedwig6
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle

ZBC List – Day 10 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie
    @hedwig6
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle

Day 10 – DTF ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 10 – London – FD

Ugh overindulgent weekend even though I spent part of it in a bathing suit in our back garden paddling pool… Some old, dear friends joined us for a back garden dinner, and as they were our first visitors since March we felt compelled to have about a million bottles of wine. It was a long week filled with many unhealthy food choices for me. Back in the saddle today, though, fast day and did another couch-to-5k run (I hate them but I am getting better) and 30 more minutes of yoga. Adding myself to the DTF list–I need you chaps to keep me honest! Come on scale! Go down down down…

@penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @kazoo
    @annabelle48
    @judyjudes
    @flourbaby LFD
    @funshipfreddie
    @hedwig6
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @murielpuce

ZBC List – Day 10 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie
    @hedwig6
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @murielpuce

Day 10 – DTF ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @murielpuce

Day 10 Canada NFD

Feeling rested after 2 great nights sleep. Not picking up that bottle of wine really helped out 😊

Going for a OMAD as I have a full desk day and the mental clarity helps.

Onward and downward as a wise hand says 💪

@penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @kazoo
    @annabelle48
    @judyjudes
    @flourbaby LFD
    @funshipfreddie
    @hedwig6
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @murielpuce

ZBC List – Day 10 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie
    @hedwig6
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @murielpuce
    @bellyblast
    Day 10 – DTF ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @murielpuce
    @bellyblast

Day 10 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

I showed some restraint over the weekend NFDs. Logging calories helped keep me on track and made me realise why my weight has nudged up over my maintenance red line since lockdown. Still room for improvement if I cut down on 🍷

Today going well so far. Soft boiled egg on masses of mushrooms (raw, thinly sliced and slightly salted) for brunch. Salmon fillet on rocket leaves with broccoli and a large vine tomato for dinner 😋
    Marmite tea on standby if hunger calls. Did my daily walk early today and managed to miss getting caught in a spectacular thunderstorm. Adding myself to lists for company.

@penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @kazoo
    @annabelle48
    @judyjudes
    @flourbaby LFD
    @funshipfreddie
    @hedwig6
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @murielpuce
    @missybear

ZBC List – Day 10 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie
    @hedwig6
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @murielpuce
    @bellyblast
    @missybear

Day 10 – DTF ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @murielpuce
    @bellyblast
    @missybear

Together we are stronger 😎

Day 10 Minnesota, USA CD

Intended to try for a FD today, and may still give it a shot. Up last night through several rounds of storms. Tired today. Had quite a hailstorm around 2:00am that lasted for ten minutes or so. Hail size ranged from pea size at first, then golfball size, then apricot sized. A couple even larger. It sounded like they would crash through the roof. My poor cat was terrified. No windows broken, though, and cars were safely in the garage. My houseplants summering out on the deck were damaged some, but not badly as they were under an iron shelf. Hostas and other plantings and bushes have big holes in the leaves. 🙁 Tree branches and leaves everywhere so lots of clean up ahead this week. No excuse not to exercise.

Spent the morning surveying damage and on the phone to insurance company and setting up appointments for roofing inspections. As a result, still nothing to eat as of 1350 hours. A bright spot. I’ll try to hold off for another hour and half.

Will add myself to a couple lists. The DTF will be the hardest today. I’m feeling like a couple stiff drinks and a soak in the tub, after such a long night and morning. Then to bed. But I will forego the ETOH.

Will catch up on posts later. Good luck to everyone fasting.

@penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @kazoo
    @annabelle48
    @judyjudes
    @flourbaby LFD
    @funshipfreddie
    @hedwig6
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @murielpuce
    @missybear

ZBC List – Day 10 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie
    @hedwig6
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @murielpuce
    @bellyblast
    @missybear
    @northerndawn

Day 10 – DTF ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @murielpuce
    @bellyblast
    @missybear
    @northerndawn

Together we are stronger 😎

D10 MFD Lake District UK
    2nd Post

Good evening every one. Hope you all have had a good day.

I have done a MFD broke my fast at 12.30pm so definitely qualify for the ZBC today. Did two meals and finished dinner at 6.30pm. So kitchen well and firmly closed now.

After lunch went for a walk with OH and our son. Did 12km so feeling quite tired now.

@ i hate lettuce. It is hard when you don’t see your children and zoom/skype etc is not the same. We can’t hug as my OH is classed as extremely vulnerable but it was still nice to see our son. I haven’t seen my parents since Christmas and I do feel for them. They too have been shielding. They at 93 and 94.

@flourbaby. Sizes do vary. I bought a pair of Per Una trousers years ago for 99p in the sale. Was told I couldn’t return them if they didn’t fit and I said that they didn’t fit me anyway but they will one day. Am still working to get into them.

@northgeorgia well done on your loss

@penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @kazoo
    @annabelle48
    @judyjudes
    @flourbaby LFD
    @funshipfreddie
    @hedwig6
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @murielpuce
    @missybear

ZBC List – Day 10 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie
    @hedwig6
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @murielpuce
    @bellyblast
    @missybear

Day 10 – DTF ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @murielpuce
    @bellyblast
    @missybear

Day 10 2nd post

Stay safe, @songbirdme! I see the derecho winds are headed to northern Illinois. I have family in Eastern Iowa, spread out, and they all have damage. My niece, who is scheduled for induction on Friday, has a large tree on her house and much damage with windows and throughout back yard. Poor thing. Her video on FB was horrifying! Hunker down if it comes your way!

Good luck. Maybe it will miss you entirely! Prayers!

Day 11, NFD, Aus

Good FD yesterday. Why are Monday’s always easier than Thursday’s FD? Also a good night’s sleep which I needed.

I love the outrage in your post, @flourbaby, re clothes sizes. If size 18 really is for a 32” waist, I’d be happy to even fit into a size 20!

And well done for finding the positive from a hail storm, @NothernDawn distractions from the event kept you from eating!

Day 10- Atlanta, GA-USA- NFD

Yesterday was a FD for me. Went really well. It was actually pretty easy considering I was under the weather. LOL. I just started my pre-planning for the school year today. We are starting this year virtually. We’ll see how it goes. School district is going to consider what to do with returning each month. I doubt we’ll be going back before October or November.

Day 11 – NZ – FD
    Another fast day today! B2B. Wow it’s been tough, but I’m getting through and really want a loss this week. Need to go for a walk after work it’s been busy and I need the fresh air. Anyway day off work tomorrow yay!

Day 11 – Japan – NFD

Water fast #63 went well. We are in the thick of the hot season which doesn’t last too long, but most are staying inside and it seems to be driving a lot more covid-19 infections. Typically from the end of rainy season to the start of the typhoon season is mostly hot with scattered earthquakes. Typically typhoon really ramp up in September.

Yesterday I did a few sitting frog stands until I held one for about seven seconds, I failed because it felt like I pulled a muscle in my left waist region. I guess I should be doing some planking to build up core again … Oh the joys of getting older! Muscle builds but it doesn’t stay around for months if you don’t use it.

Day 11, Emden Germany, FD 💃

Yesterday’s FD didn’t happen, trying again today. It’s going to be hot again today.

Day 11 – FD Pocket List
    @fastingto58kgs
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010

Day 11 – ZBC List
    @penz
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 11 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Yesterday’s FD didn’t happen, so trying again today. Have to head to the city for the day for work (argh, though I was finished with that) so that will keep me on the straight until at least 18.30 when I get home.

However I am maintaining at this weight (which I don’t want to be) despite it all.

2nd post

@snowflake56 😄 We are both thinking the same thoughts!!! Good luck with today’s FD.

2nd post

@daffodil2010 we posted at the same time twice, I put you on the pocket list. I’m sure we can do it today, good luck to you too!

D11 NFD Lake District Uk

A long pocket list for fasting yesterday hope everyone succeeded.

Looks like it is going to be another nice day here although we did have bad thunder and lightening storm last night.

Day 11 – FD Pocket List
    @fastingto58kgs
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010

Day 11 – ZBC List
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo

Day 11. OMAD. Norwich.

Here for a few days with DH and a friend. Had to bite my tongue yesterday when friend had a bit of a rant about people who are overweight, and how they should just get off their **** and move a bit more, if they want to lose weight. If only it was so easy. We went out to a restaurant last night – his choice – and the food was decidedly so so. It’s taken lockdown for me to realise that the food we have at home is a lot better than the food we sometimes get out, and I’m a hopeless cook. Anyway, easy sticking to OMAD so far. Off to the beach today. Yay!!!

Day 11, London, UK, NFD,

I’m with you @penz with the PFDS and I’m polishing every pocketeers halo 😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇 since such auspicious company made it an easy LFD ……………………… there IS power in numbers!!!! Also, no more outraged ranting over sizes😜, right now, I AM a size 12-14👖, no need to worry about time travelling to the 80’s!!!

Wow, lots of weird weather out there Typhoons, super winds💨, hailstones☔, UK heatwaves🌞…………………………. I love extreme weather, unless I’m in it or there are injuries of course!! Stay safe everyone🙏!!

@snowflake56 & @daffodil2010 you’ve got this 🙌, it’s far too hot to eat!!! I’m sending some mojo to get you both through today’s FD!!! 👌

@emma-taylor, I think I would have bitten my tongue OFF!!! Being raised with a certain amount of judgement regarding my weight, has made me so much more understanding😊. I really enjoy my home cooking, it’s the clearing, tidying & washing up I can’t abide😂😝!!! Enjoy the beach🌞!!!

@i-hate-lettuce, I hope it’s nothing too serious🙏 & It would be great if the fab weather lasts, so you and Mrs. IHL can enjoy self-isolation in the garden!!! This WOL can only help with recovery from surgery, something to do with growth hormone💪 I believe!!??

Day 11 – FD Pocket List
    @fastingto58kgs
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010

Day 11 – ZBC List
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @flourbaby

“Before you put on a frown, make absolutely sure there are no smiles available.” Jim Beggs

Day 11 – UK – CD

Good Morning All

I’ve never had a consecutive run of consistent days/weeks of remaining on track as long as this. Never. I think it’s down to balanced blood sugars and being in the right head space. This is my 5th week with no slips. Perhaps it’s also to do with partaking in a paid subscription …. I’m not one to waste money 😬.

Previously I was only slipping once a week or fortnight. A slip for me might have been a takeaway, chocolate bar etc. Not a binge by any means. But being slight in statue, low muscle mass, thyroid disease coupled with limited mobility that was enough to repeatedly put me back to square one.

Have a great day!

Day 11 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@penz – interesting that you find the Monday FD easier than Thursday; for me it’s the other way around. Not sure why; it just feels mentally tougher for me on a Monday to get back into it after the three day break. But, I succeeded, & the scales are spot on my target weight this morning. 😇

@i-hate-lettuce – sorry to hear your bad news re needing surgery. Maybe you could have a go at the Leslie Sansone walks other members are always talking about? Or a stationary bike? Just a thought..

@emma-taylor aka Angelina – seeing as you’re away I haven’t put you on the DTF list, just in case. 🍷

Pocket List – Day 11 🍇
    @fastingto58kgs
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010

ZBC List – Day 11 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor

DTF List – Day 11 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie

Day 11 – 2nd Post

A short article in today’s UK Mail from Michael Mosley’s wife, Dr Clare Bailey

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-8612849/Dr-Clare-Bailey-reveals-7-diet-myths-stopping-losing-weight.html

Pocket List – Day 11 🍇
    @fastingto58kgs
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @annabelle48

Day 11 FD UK

Good morning all. Have put myself on the pocket list today, sorry have to do it at the start of text, it disappears otherwise. Will get it cracked one day but until then…………..

Had a good day yesterday and was rewarded with an 8oz gain but am not getting my knickers in a twist about a small fluctuations. Putting it down to water as had drunk an awful lot yesterday.

This hot weather is so exhausting I haven’t the energy to do much. Far too hot to walk or do exercises. Can’t wait for weather to break later in the week.

Have had results of tests and more tests in the pipeline……oh joy. The next lot are going to be invasive and not looking forward to that however needs must so get on with it.

Keep on keeping on.

Day 11 UK NFD

Finished polishing my halo 😇 @penz & @flourbaby I’m with you in finding Monday’s much easier .

@funshipfreddie Managed to catch up on the MM doc last night must admit I’ve never paid much attention to the whole ketosis thing but it was explained in a very easy to understand way ,I might investigate further It’ll have to wait until this hot weather passes my brain is fried Extreme weather is not for me and it’s 33 here already 🥵

Day 11, Massachusetts, USA, FD, because yesterday wasn’t

I had planned to have lunch as my fast meal yesterday, and did, but then my husband was promoted at work and we decided to get takeout to celebrate, and my son made dessert, so….. Not a FD.

However, I compounded that by throwing in the towel entirely and eating 2 buns with butter right before bed. My time of greatest weakness is after the kids are in bed, and bread and butter is absolute comfort food. I just figure, welp, it’s already shot so might as well!

That one sentence ruins my FDs and my NFDs. I swear I did this successfully and easily last time – WHY am I having such a hard time now?

Oh well, trying again!

@murielpuce, I also hated running when I picked up couch25k a few years ago, but I love it now! So definitely give it a chance. It took a while to get there. Even now (especially now), when I stop for a while it is hard to get back into it, but when I start running regularly again I remember how great it makes me feel. Good luck!

Pocket List – Day 11 🍇
    @fastingto58kgs
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @annabelle48
    @hedwig6

ZBC List – Day 11 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @hedwig6

DTF List – Day 11 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie

Day 11 – FD800
    Day 10 – FD600
    Day 7-9 – NFD

Very busy long weekend – lots of hiking and some good food and 🥂🍷but did rein things in yesterday with a FD600 and lots of exercise, 45mins Broga at 7am followed by a brisk 8km with some uphill in 1hr8mins – very hot and sweaty 🥵 – a stretchy Pilates class in the afternoon felt good ☺️

Hot and humid weather with an amazing thunder and lightening show last night with some rain which woke me up – intermittent sunshine this morning and slightly cooler for now.

@emma-taylor – thank you for sharing your story and I’m so glad that Fast 5 is working for you – it certainly sounds like something that might suit me as I’m not a breakfast person – can you advise? does it mean that you can only consume calorie free drinks outside the 5hr window so no tea with a dash of milk allowed?? I’ll google and learn more about it I think?
    @penz – Claiming runners aren’t ever happy? I’m not a runner personally but my OH absolutely loves it – he runs every day (fell running/mountain running)
    @snowflake56 – must have been a lovely weekend enjoying a visit from your friend and her daughter – so sad that during this trying times we have been unable to see a lot of our friends 🤗
    @fasterjo – re the new MM programme – me too I’ll certainly be following but very interested in seeing the effect on their health checks – I have been inspired to try from yesterday Mon-Fri FD800 (although yesterday ended up FD600) until the end of the month 🤞 I have the willpower! 3 weeks which hopefully will help me lose 1/2 stone/3kg and get me back to where I feel the best! Maintenance has been hard for the past 3 months……
    @funshipfreddie – your ideal breakfast is my favourite brunch 😋
    @kazoo – breaking your fast at 1100 would certainly make you ZBC member – Hope your OH is coping well with his treatment – thinking of you both x
    @annabelle48 – take care – Diverticulitis can be really unpleasant – hopefully you and your GP can find a way of managing your flare up symptoms 🤗
    @northgeorgia – stay focused and motivated – a plateau is no bad thing, we have all been there – just stick with the plan 💪
    @basyjames – what a great result for your OH. I am so happy that you both have been able to resolve your differences and find a positive way forward – sometimes relationships are hard but can be worked on 👩‍❤️‍👨
    @northerndawn – will do re MM programme – I’m with you whenever I hear people say that women need 2000cals a day……..what world do they live in?? If I ate that amount even with the exercise level I do I dread to think what would happen to my body…..
    @saffy420 – being the designated driver is so useful – no alcohol often means less food eaten too!!!!
    @irenak – welcome back – I remember you from November last year??
    @brightonbelle – Day 8 – fresh wild seabass…..you had me there – how yummy!
    @suki2 – hope MIL is doing OK – sadly this hot, humid weather is not good for the frail elderly
    @fastingto58kgs – welcome on board – stick to the basics as it works – try not to push yourself too hard in the first couple of months – you can do this!
    @i-hate-lettuce – hopefully nothing too serious going on – enjoy your garden and look at the enforced self isolation as a time to catch up with some reading, listening to good music, gardening and contacting friends…..etc Take care
    @judyjudes – great that the FD800 plan is working so well for you – I’m like you in that if I have paid for something it motivates me more – works with my various exercise classes I do in the week, have managed to keep them going even via Zoom

As it’s another FD I’m on all the pocket lists today too

Pocket List – Day 11 🍇
    @fastingto58kgs
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @annabelle48
    @hedwig6
    @at

ZBC List – Day 11 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @hedwig6
    @at

DTF List – Day 11 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @at

Lou Holtz
    “Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 760 total)

You must be logged in to reply.