🎆Auspicious August🎆 – Pandemic Obliterating Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
🎆Auspicious August🎆 – Pandemic Obliterating Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 758 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  NorthernDawn 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 760 total)

• Day 5 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@fastingto58kgs – Welcome!

@emma-taylor – I put you on the DTF list, but I think @flourbaby put you on the ZBC list yesterday. Re the kids, no issue! There are some really good boarding schools. I hear the best ones are in Siberia. I’ll call them when they’re 21.

Happy Hump Day! 🐫 🐪

Pocket List – Day 5 🍓
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56

ZBC
    @penz
    @snowflake
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

DTF List – Day 5 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 5, London, UK, LFD,

I’m not gonna lie, yesterday morning I was absolutely ravenous!!!! Posting & putting myself in the ZBC really helped, I stretched it until 12pm and had an omelette, I’m not an eggy person, but it was loaded with veg & a little cheese. It kept me satiated until my salad for dinner which I finished by 5, so a 19:5 although I hadn’t actually eaten anything for the previous 41hrs LFD, I’m polishing my halo because NFDs aren’t usually that controlled😇.

@daffodil2010, I had to stop myself asking for details of the rich Bank holiday food you indulged in!!!! Good to know you’re back to your local commute. I fear going back to my office might send me into shock!!! I realised the total uncontrollable self-sabotage that occurred at the end of July was down to the unexpected return of that MIA TOM (7 whole *$~#?*£ months!?!?!?)😩😠. By the way, that diet sounds like, as my elderly aunt used to say, ‘pure twaddle’!!!!

@judyjudes, I made a concerted effort yesterday to guzzle 3L water (not much room left for food😜 …………………………well, it’s a theory😂!!!) especially since I don’t want what @funshipfreddie had 👀!!!

@brightonbelle, I know what you mean, ££ food delivery, ££gym membership and the super ££expensive clothes horse ……………………………….. by that I mean exercise bike!!!!

@northgeorgia, That per 100g vs per portion thing does me in, every single time!!!! The miniscule (so, so tiny!!) piece of cheese I grated on my omelette yesterday was 120cals, I know at one point I would have just popped it in my mouth without thinking!!!

Welcome back @betsylee, I too had a nightmare end to July, but as they say “No looking back, you’re not going in that direction anyway!!!”

Good to see the computer gremlin has been banished @ccco, the demon drink🍷🍾🥂 & I have a serious love/hate relationship😍😠, it would be a beautiful love affair😘 if it would just STOP having such an effect on the size of my a*se!!!!😣😢

@basyjames, lurking is good, posting is optional, and time is precious!!! Sometimes life just gets in the way, we’re here, we’re available, see you when we see you!!! Take care🤗

You really have nailed this WOL @i-hate-lettuce🥇, vigilance is key though🍺🍻 (I speak from experience!) but you can see how ‘other’ people live and eat freely, they just automatically regulate…………………………….. like you’re doing!!!👏

Welcome to the challenge @fastingto58kgs!!! 🙌 You’ve taken the 1st step in the right direction for your future health & you’re in great supportive company!! Have a read of the OP on page 1, it’ll give you an idea of how this works!!!

“I didn’t get there by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it.” – Estée Lauder

Happy Hump Day! 🐫 🐪

Pocket List – Day 5 🍓
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby LFD

ZBC
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby

DTF List – Day 5 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby

Day 5 – London – NFD

Trying to be more mindful about what I eat because yesterday was my DD’s 12th birthday and I ate my bodyweight in cake, blueberry pancakes, glasses of fizz and loads of her favorite carb-y foods, and then sat around watching movies & playing video games at the birthday girl’s command. Birthdays during lockdown stink, so we did everything we could to make her day at home feel special, but it was a bit of a washout, nutrition-wise.

Having said all that, I had a successful FD on Monday which included baking her cake, and I did NOT at any point lick the spatula or the bowl… it made me wonder how much icing I normally consume when “tasting” my way through a recipe. Probably loads.

D5 – uk – nfd

Day 5 UK

Just a quick post. Have not been well for several days unfortunately and am waiting for a phone call from my doctor. Don’t knows what’s wrong but decidedly unwell but definitely not Covid.
    Good thing though is that have not been eating all that much so weight has gone down a little.

This has become a very busy thread this month and I do read the posts from time to time but as you can imagine my thoughts are elsewhere at the moment.

Will keep in touch and wish you all well.

Day 5 NFD Lake District UK

Good morning everyone from a very wet part of the UK

Day 5……Florida……FD

Just a quick note this morning…… I’m running a bit behind….I so did want to get up this morning.
    Food wise yesterday was okay, I could have done better with one less high calorie fancy coffee.
    Today, is a planned FD day….. so hopefully, I’ll have some great success with that.

Before I decide to be your ride or die chick.
    Where are we riding to?
    Do I have to die?
    Can we stop for food on the way?

Day 5, UK FD

Quick check in from a rainy Cheshire.
    Joining the Pocket and ZBC club today. Was fully on board with DTF, until my DH suggested a glass of wine while we were watching a film yesterday. Of course it wasn’t just one glass, it was half a bottle.

@snowflake56, I like the idea you HAD to eat liquorice allsorts. They have that effect on me – give me a packet and it’s gone so fast.

Pocket List – Day 5 🍓
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby LFD
    @saffy420

ZBC
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @saffy420

Happy Wednesday everyone.

Day 5 – USA/GA – FD

Lots of meetings (on Zoom, etc.) to go to today at work. Weigh in this morning was 251. Good for a post-NFD and going into FD#2. Will I see the 240s this week? Hmmm! Stay tuned 😉

Good luck to all of us on the Pocket Lists today!

Pocket List – Day 5 🍓
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby LFD
    @saffy420
    @bert1802
    @northgeorgia

ZBC
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @saffy420

Day 5 USA (Illinois) NFD

Quick post before SilverSneakers– ZBC for me today.

Pocket List – Day 5 🍓
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby LFD
    @saffy420
    @bert1802
    @northgeorgia

ZBC
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @saffy420
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

Day 5 North canton OH FD

I empathize with all those who are having difficulties sleeping because I am experiencing the same issues. I tend to sleep early and wake up at 2:30 in the morning after which I may or may not go back to sleep. My worst sleep experiences occur when I combine a high carb meal (like pizza) with flavored beer (like a mike’s hard lemonade); Which acts as quite a deterrent some, but not all of the time. When I can’t sleep nothing helps – I have tried everything. I long for the days when I could sleep like a rock – through anything.
    It is so true that we never truly appreciate what we have until we lose it.

Water-fast day for me today. I like @dykask‘s method of tallying up his water fasts. I missed doing so at the beginning of the year, planned to do as at the halfway point but got caught up in life. Remember how hopeful we all were at the beginning of the year? Seems like eons ago.

Wishing everyone a great day.

Pocket list day 5 🍒
    @snowflake56
    @basyjames

ZBC ☕️
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @basyjames

Day 4 and Day 5 – UK – NFD

I swear it has not stopped raining in my part of the Lake District since yesterday morning – wet, wet and so wet @i-hate-lettuce and @kazoo – Definitely no walks for me but did do a Broga Class yesterday and planning on doing an aerobic class this afternoon following a taped class my regular teacher sent us whilst OH goes for his run – he runs daily no matter what the weather – talk about motivated!!!

Why did I open a bottle of a very nice red wine after dinner – it was all going so well until then was on for a CD of 1000cals…..of course the wine called for some cheese…….
    One of the things I have lapsed in during the lockdown is a definite increase in my carb intake and I suspect the reason for the gain of those couple of kgs that are sticking around….

Meeting up with DD to do her 3 dog walk jobs tomorrow morning with her then having a coffee and a proper catch up afterwards.

Q -crazy weight loss thing? – has to be the cabbage diet for me too – I wanted to lose 1/2stone to fit into a special dress for a friend’s wedding I think from memory – it worked but so boring although I have to admit I did not put weight back on until my last year at work!

For those in the UK there is a new Dr Mosley programme starting this evening on Channel 4 – Lose a Stone in 21 Days with Michael Mosley – The doctor puts five volunteers on a low-calorie diet to help get their health back on track after the UK’s Covid-19 lockdown. In the first episode, Michael runs a series of tests to find out just how badly lockdown has affected his volunteers’ health, before creating a bespoke diet plan for the 21 days. He also tests misconceptions of what a healthy BMI looks like, and explores the cutting-edge research which indicates ties between BMI and survivability from Covid-19……

@kazoo – I open 2 screens on my laptop of the forum – read one and type in the other then I always save my post before posting it – having learnt the hard way!! Hope that helps
    @i-hate-lettuce – your shopping trip sounds so satisfying and what a great boost – hope both you and Mrs IHL had a fab day
    @northgeorgia – amazing how different the health care system is in America – us in the UK should never complain about the NHS again…..I think a lot of people here realised that when the virus was at it’s worst. Good to hear that your Dad got his meds at a much reduced cost
    @betsylee – thank you for the welcome back 🤗
    @saffy420 – 🤞for a new job soon
    @fastingto58kgs – welcome back on board – try to log on daily and post – it helps with motivation and gives you support
    @annabelle48 – hopefully the doctor can advise and you start to feel better soon – take care

I am one on the daily ZBC every day – I honestly never wake up hungry and am happy to abstain until late morning or lunchtime – my struggles have always been in the evening ……

I think the rain may have actually stopped for a bit – if that is the case may go out for a brief walk…

“Don’t let a stumble in the road be the end of your journey”

Day 5 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Raining heavily all day in Wales so no walk today, the Fitbit won’t be happy. Doing housework and moving around as much as possible to get steps in to avoid the hourly reminder vibrations on my wrist!

I have brunch between 11am and 1pm everyday, however I do have 2 large mugs of tea with milk between 7.30am and 11am, does that disqualify me from the Zero Breakfast Club?

Have a good day Wednesday fasters 😎

Day 5 Melb Aust, FD900

Managed a second “sort-of” FD, but am happy to be back on track.

@snowflake56, I sympathise re the liquorice allsorts – I don’t dare buy them as I can’t trust myself with them.

@flourbaby, glad I wasn’t the only one who struggled at the end of July. We’ll do better this month!

@northgeorgia, still wondering how your parents are doing???

@at, isn’t it interesting how many folk are agreeing that breakfast isn’t their “thing” – so much for it being the “the most important meal of the day”! – we just have to make sure that we’re not compensating by eating too much in the evenings, which has been one of my downfalls in the past, and which I still struggle with sometimes on NFDs.

Pocket list day 5 🍒
    @snowflake56
    @basyjames
    @betsylee FD900

ZBC ☕️
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @basyjames
    @betsylee
    @at

Day 5 UK NFD

Bit late , but thanks @flourbaby for sorting the lists I’ve added myself to the latter 2 In preparation for fasting tomorrow 💪

Can’t remember who was asking about substituting chocolate for coconut oil , seems a bit strange to me as surely the oil will have as many if not more calories than a similar size portion of chocolate ? Maybe there’s some super complicated reason why it works but I use coconut oil to remove make up and it doesn’t taste like a treat to me They’re probably not very healthy but I like the sugar free creamy butterscotch from Aldi they only have 9 cals each and as long as your not tempted to crunch them can last 5 mins or so , usually enough for me to have forgotten about choccy
    Pocket List – Day 5 🍓
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby LFD
    @saffy420
    @bert1802
    @northgeorgia
    @basyjames
    @betsylee FD900

ZBC
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @saffy420
    @basyjames
    @missybear
    @betsylee
    @at
    @brightonbelle

DTF List – Day 5 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle

Day 5 at Denver international Airport

We said goodbye to granddaughter Molly this morning and are waiting for our flight to Sacramento, California. Fun times, and I’m finding a five hour window of eating quite easy; the only day I ate earlier was on Sunday for our family brunch. Fingers crossed that I don’t get home from vacation only to find I’ve gained back some weight from all the food I’m eating in that five-hour window!

@kazoo, prayers for your OH as he goes through chemotherapy.
    Welcome, @fastingto58kgs; you’ve found a wonderful group of caring people to help you on your journey
    @at, I smiled when I read your comment that it’s the end of the day that’s always a struggle for you. I’m the exact same way, which is probably why the Fast5 is reasonably easy for me to follow. No word yet, however, on whether it’s EFFECTIVE for me! 🤪🤣😂

My son sent me a text yesterday telling how breakfast used to be considered even immoral! It was quite funny to read the details and I’ll share that when we’re home again and I have my laptop in front of me.

The craziest thing I did for a diet? Hypnotism. But, actually, it worked for a full week to keep me on my plan of no snacking and limited alcohol (SOOO many calories there!) Unfortunately, the hypnotist wanted a kagillion dollars for subsequent sessions (I’d bought a Living Social voucher for the one session), and I simply didn’t want to spend that much money. I still dream of finding another hypnotist…

Day 5 Canada NFD

Just made it in Day 5 posts before @penz drops in !!

Yesterday’s FD went really well and I feel great today. Being sensible on NFD’s is a work in progress. I bought a lovely new dress online at a steal of a deal and have decided it would look even better if I was at this months goal weight. Totally up to me to make that happen:) Will follow your shiny halo @flourbaby

@fastingto58 welcome, lots of great advice and support on this forum!

Have a great day everyone
    Pocket List – Day 5 🍓
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby LFD
    @saffy420
    @bert1802
    @northgeorgia
    @basyjames
    @betsylee FD900

ZBC
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @saffy420
    @basyjames
    @missybear
    @betsylee
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @bellyblast

DTF List – Day 5 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @bellyblast

Day 5 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD Late check in again. This is becoming a habit.
    Can report that I maintained my loss plus another 200g.
    Slept so much better last night too
    @annabelle48 – look after yourself. I hope you feel better soon.
    Still dry til Fri.

Day 5 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Late check in again. This is becoming a habit.
    Can report that I maintained my loss plus another 200g.
    Slept so much better last night too
    @annabelle48 – look after yourself. I hope you feel better soon.
    Still dry til Fri.

Pocket List – Day 5 🍓
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby LFD
    @saffy420
    @bert1802
    @northgeorgia
    @basyjames
    @betsylee FD900

ZBC
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @saffy420
    @basyjames
    @missybear
    @betsylee
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @bellyblast

DTF List – Day 5 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @bellyblast
    @suki2

Day 5 OMAD ( actually I’ve had 2 today😳😳😳). London

I’ve done 7 weeks of Fast5 – I’ve never stuck at something so well – I’ve been like a bloomin’ saint. One slip up with wine, slightly extended window at weekends, and my body looks complete different. But, today is the first day I’ve met up with friends for lunch. I didn’t eat anything yesterday, to compensate, and felt fantastic on my way to meet my old lunch group. We had a lovely lunch – veggie, not silly, no wine, but I feel rotten now. Dunno if it’s cos I feel I’ve messed up, or if I’ve just eaten too much ( two meals today) or what. I’m really apprehensive in case I go back to my old ways. Grrrr.

Oh, I meant to say that I’ve got a bit addicted to something called ASMR on YouTube. Have I mentioned that before? Super relaxing videos that knock you out. I watch somebody called Itsblitzzz. There one video which has had about 9 million views, which is SUPER relaxing.

Day 6, FD, Aus

Good morning everyone!

@missybear, if two mugs of tea cancel your ZBC membership, then I’d also be outcast as I cannot start my day without coffee!

I totally blew yesterday’s OMAD which ended with a martini and bottle of wine. Am feeling rotten this morning so it will be a struggle to maintain my usual Thursday FD. But, as @bellyblast says, totally up to me to make it happen.

I’ve also been having rotten sleep. Lately, it’s been due to a bloomin’ magpie who starts carolling at 0430!! That’s hours before sunrise and hours before even the worms get up. I usually love listening to the morning chorus but this sole magpie is not on my favourite play list!

Day 6 FD pocket list
    @penz

Day 6 ZBC
    @penz

There, I’ve committed!

Day 5 Minnesota, USA Evening of a good CD

Feeling better about having a successful FD tomorrow (Day 6), because of a very good CD under 1000 cal that wasn’t difficult.. Low carb, and that always helps curb the hunger dragon, as well as seems to make the FD easier the next day.

I never eat breakfast, but I do drink coffee throughout the morning, so is that still okay for belonging to the ZBC? Like @at and others, evenings are my downfall at times. Today, I was done at 6:30p, and will chew gum or something if I must to stay out of the pantry.

I’m going to commit to DTF also, because I have found that any alcohol increases my appetite exponentially. Especially, the day after I’ve imbibed.

Q- Craziest thing I’ve done was also the cabbage soup diet. I’m not a fan of the taste. Soup actually seems to stimulate my appetite, especially if it thin. Just so unsatisfying that I start looking for something to munch on afterwards.

I would appreciate it if someone added me to the pocketless for FD, ZBC, and DTF for day 6.
    I’ll work on figuring out the copy and paste for future posts.

Stay strong!

Day 6, Emden Germany, FD

@fastingto58kgs welcome!

@saffy420 and @betsylee it was a case of mindless shopping when I bought them. Winegums are even worse, they don’t even last a day.

@saffy420 I hope you’ll find something else soon. Something to make you smile like the trousers is always good.

Day 6 FD pocket list 🍒
    @penz
    @snowflake56

Day 6 ZBC
    @penz
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

D6 FD UK

it has stopped raining at last

Didn’t get my steps in yesterday so will have to make up for it today. Our son is coming to visit today. Will be the first time we have seen him since Christmas due to lockdown. Really looking forward to seeing him. He is here till Tuesday but have planned all my meals to stay on track.

FD for my today. Joining the ZBC

@betsylee. glad you are back on track.

@brightonbelle. It wasn’t about calories it was about quitting sugar.

@MissBear. Raining here all day yesterday so I missed my steps, plus fitbit needed charging and then I forgot to put it back on.

@at . Rained here all day too. Had my PT session in my kitchen.
    Hope you enjoyed your glass of red. I am going to watch Michael Mosley tonight. There has been quite a lot in the news about it.

@basyjames Perhaps we should have a pocket list for all those who can’t sleep. I would be on it. Hope your water fast went well

@annabelle Hope you are feeling better soon.

Day 6 FD pocket list 🍒
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo

Day 6 ZBC
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo

Day 6 – FD – UK

Good Morning All

Ate to plan yesterday, all good on that front. .3lb gain but I’m Understanding weight gain isn’t linear, so I’m unconcerned.

@flourbaby I used to be so good with the water but as I’ve got older it just won’t go in 😬

@annabelle48 I hope you feel better soon! Take care lovie ❤️

@jaifaim Still thinking of you ❤️

Have a good day.

Day 6 FD pocket list 🍒
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @judyjudes

Day 6 ZBC
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo

Day 6 – UK- fd

Weighing every day feels like an effort…not sure wht. Maybe the mental energy, I would rather keep on kidding myself that it’s not that bad. Can’t remember who in the group said they did this? But it is keeping me honest.

Sorry I am so brief, been a long week of 8am to 8.30om full in working. Hopefully will have time over the weekend to respond to everyones experiences. I have been trying to keep up during my morning coffee.
    Jo

Day 6 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Sun is shining at last and warm weather is forecast for the weekend so that makes it a happy Thursday. We are off again on the motorbike early Saturday morning for a trip to Donegal and an overnight near Ireland’s most Northerly point so really looking forward to that.

My FD’s are great until evening time, and then it’s a struggle to stay within plan. It’s also the novelty of having DH around at dinner time (he worked shift for years when he was in aviation but new job is normal 9 to 5), so although I often have my FD meal alongside him, sometimes I don’t want to.

Anyhoo, onwards we go. I am back Leslie Sansone’ing (is that even a verb) and I swear it has done wonders for my flexibility. I used to struggle to hop onto the pillion seat of DH’s motorcycle but no bother now.

@flourbaby….ha, TOM came at end of July for me too after many months…..😡😡😡 back to the drawing board for both of us.

@annabelle48 hope you feel better soon

@jaifaim thinking of you and your family

@snowflake56, @betsylee, @saffy420 I smiled at the liquorice all sorts…..now there is one thing that I wouldn’t touch!! Funny how we all have different triggers.

Have a lovely day everyone, going to aim for FD (again) today.

Day 6 – Lake District – FD

Good morning everyone

As Kazoo says, it’s stopped raining and the sun is trying to break through, so we’re off out for a decent walk. It’s not called the ‘Lake District@ for nothing, but the Lakes need a lot of topping up!

While we were clothes shopping the other day was short of one or two things so made use of yesterdays wet day, finished the job off, nipped down to another town to get the last bits.
    The brilliant part is the sizes, before this WOL I was buying 2XL sizes, now down to large or as yesterday, for some things …. MEDIUM 🙂 🙂 🙂

Watched Michael Moseley on TV last night, particularly the number of people putting on weight during lockdown, where we have done the reverse, great time to be following this WOL.

So feeling good, healthier and fitter than for years (despite life’s bungy jumping) fitbit shows last night, 3 hr 7 min deep sleep and 5 hr 5 min light sleep. Thought I was struggling to get the brain going this morning 🙂

Take care all

Day 6 FD pocket list
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @judyjudes
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010

Day 6 ZBC
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo

Day 6, London, UK, NFD,

Brad & Angelina, you guys are too cute!!! Those kids should be grateful to have such waring parents!!!!………………………… Auto correct, of course, that should have been CARING!!!!! 😉…..😂😜

As much as I want to extend my fasting window to 42+hrs, just the fact it’s a NFD after a LFD makes me feel a little too righteous or deserving😜, so making the most of my ZBC membership, sticking with the club to build my 💪!!! So far I’ve planned lovely filling brunches no earlier than 12pm and dinner once I get hungry again; then slamming the kitchen door pretty sharpish!!!
    @bellyblast, join me in some polishing😇!!! I’m really making an effort this month to get the NFDs right; not getting complacent, but FDs are a doddle in comparison!! ZBC is really helping since I’m not really a breakfast person, but just a handful of nuts or a piece of cheese was enough to start the avalanche ……………………. Lightbulb moment ……………………. That’s called snacking!!! ……………. Doh!!!!😜😂

@murielpuce, If you can’t have an EFS day or just go carb-crazy 🍧🍰 on your DD’s 12th birthday 🎂, I don’t know WHEN you can!!!!😊

Lots of rain yesterday in the UK☔ …………………………. apart from in my tiny corner of the South East!!!!! 😁🌞😎

@at, I caught the programme last night, soooo glad I’ve used lockdown to improve exercise💃 & conquer the fasting at home demon👿!!! I’ve done some serious damage on a 2 week holiday, I dread to think of what could have happened over 4 months!!!!

@stitchincarol, I’m waiting with bated breath💨 to find out how you managed on the Fast5, without having the scales to hand⚖!!

@emma-taylor, no way are you going back to your old ways, international travel isn’t on your cards just yet!!! Seriously though, 1 minor detour from the path that DIDN’T result in an EFS, that DIDN’T remind you of what you’re missing & DIDN’T make you hanker after the good bad old days?? Sounds like you need to polish your halo & give that mojo a hug for sticking by your side!!

@penz ……………………… do you need to be put on the naughty step ………………….. I mean DTF list????? 😜😂😝 I’m sticking you on since it’s a FD for you and a bottle of wine may well be under your FD cals, but it’s the most difficult type of LFD🍷🍷🍷 ……………………. I know, I’ve tried 😀!!! As I said to Ms Jolie above, 1 detour, and all that!!!

@daffodil2010, it’s all those bloomin’ knee lifts Leslie has us doing, I still don’t get how she’s able to talk, talk, talk, the ENTIRE way through the walk, walk, walk!!!!!!😲😂

@fasterjo, we all know time is precious, post when you can ………… post length is never an issue!!!😁

Time for another question? …………………… Ok,
    QA – What physical activity have you finally been able to do or are planning to do once you shed some unwanted ‘timber’? ………………………………. For me, as I’ve never been a jogger or a runner, I would like to try jogging, I see those joggers bigger than me or smaller than me, jogging around the lake whilst I’m walking. I’m a bit wary with my knee, but I’d like to at least give it a try and do perhaps one organised 5k …………………….. I can always walk if it’s not for me!!!!

You can find inspiration from others, but determination is solely your responsibility.

Day 6 FD pocket list 🍒
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @judyjudes
    @northerndawn
    @fasterjo
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 6 ZBC
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @northerndawn
    @flourbaby
    @at
    @emma-taylor

DTF List – Day 5 ☕️
    @northerndawn
    @flourbaby
    @penz

Keep the faith people, we’ve got this!!!!!

Day 6 – London, UK – FD

It’s so much easier to fast when it’s hot and sticky… you just want to keep drinking water!

@flourbaby – I truly hate exercise (except for dancing) but I just started jogging using the NHS free “couch to 5k” podcast. It’s a combined walk/run program that aims to get you running 30 continuous minutes in 9 weeks. I’ve only been doing it a week and a half, but I can feel myself improving, and it’s not horrible. Lots of mums at my kids’ school have used it, and some even got to the point of running a half-marathon together! I really recommend it if you’re interested in getting into running. Although I’d even more highly recommend a ballet class, if you could get to one….

Day 6 FD pocket list 🍒
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @judyjudes
    @northerndawn
    @fasterjo
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @murielpuce

Day 6, NFD, NZ
    Hi all – have enjoyed catching up on everyone’s posts.
    Have had 2 terrible days (food wise which then seems to roll into everything else!!).
    Time to get back on track – tomorrow’s goals (& for the weekend also to try limit usual relax mode damage!!) are to hit my water target, log food intake & do some type of active movement for at least 30min daily
    Turning this ship around to finish week on good note! 🙂
    I look forward to running more when I’ve lost some weight (funny as I should actually be running now to lose it – it would only be in the dark so no one saw me at mo!!).
    Take care all.

Day 6 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@annabelle48 – feel better soon!

@missybear – ditto what @penz & @northerndawn said re coffee & the ZBC. I drink coffee with low-fat milk, & don’t count it as breakfast.

@flourbaby – I don’t think my weight has ever been a hindrance to my physical activity; although now the gyms are still closed here my physical activity is rarely more strenuous than a brisk walk these days.

I haven’t seen the ‘Lose a Stone in 21 Days’ programme; but it’s causing quite a stir, apparently?! After Michael Mosley appeared on ‘This Morning’ to promote the 800 calorie diet, viewers were left shocked, & accused him of fat-shaming & promoting eating disorders. Many of those viewers are undoubtedly morbidly obese couch-potatoes & it’s ironic that they would think 800 calories a day is ‘dangerous’.

I’m really not in the mood for a FD today; but tomorrow is Friday, & I love that Friday morning PFDS feeling 😇 So I think a cheese omelette around 7 pm will do nicely.

Day 6 FD Pocket List 🍒
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @judyjudes
    @northerndawn
    @fasterjo
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @murielpuce
    @funshipfreddie

Day 6 ZBC
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @northerndawn
    @flourbaby
    @at
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

DTF List – Day 6 ☕️
    @northerndawn
    @flourbaby
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Keep the faith people, we’ve got this!!!!!

Day 6 – 2nd Post

@penz – & others having sleep issues; I rarely have trouble getting to sleep. But one thing that helps me if I can’t drift off is to play a song over & over in my head. That may sound weird, but it can help. Just think of a song or piece of music you like, & imagine you’re listening to it. And repeat. 💤

Day 6….. Florida…..NFD

My week, is actually going pretty good, seeing some losses on the scale. Although, I am a bit behind in reading everyone’s posts. I really need to manage my time a bit better especially in the morning, so that I can reply to many of your posts.

Before I decide to be your ride or die chick….
    Where are we riding to?
    Do I have to die?
    Can we stop for food on the way?

Day 6 – USA/GA – NFD

Scale battle between 251 and 250, so I choose 250 lbs! I slept OK but didn’t get a full 8 hours (going to be a new goal). FDs are going great at work, but I do notice I’m not drinking quite as much water while there, which worries me. I think my body is retaining fluid.

Sorry, folks, but my parents haven’t told me if they’ve weighed in recently or not. Will let you know when that happens! My dad STILL hasn’t gotten the medicine. He was able to return to the heart doctor and receive a few pills, but although the insurance has approved the reduced costs, and the doctor has once again asked the pharmacy for provide this exception, they claim they haven’t received those instructions yet. Scary.

Day 6 FD Pocket List 🍒
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @judyjudes
    @northerndawn
    @fasterjo
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @murielpuce
    @funshipfreddie

Day 6 ZBC
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @northerndawn
    @flourbaby
    @at
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

DTF List – Day 6 ☕️
    @northerndawn
    @flourbaby
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 6 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    Scales are showing I have lost the gained cake weight from last week. Thankfully easy on easy off. 🙂
    FD today to set me up for the weekend of 3xNFD.
    @at – will be watch MM on catch-up. Its always good to be reminded of why this wol works and the health benefits gained from it.
    @flourbaby – silliest thing re dieting was to stop 5:2 and go into denial about the weight gain. DH thinks I’m becoming obsessed but keeping a strict track of what I eat is the only way for me.
    @murielpuce & @flourbaby – Re exercise – I’ve taken up running during lockdown. C25K, gave DH a project during lockdown and I can now run for 35 ish minutes. I never saw myself as a runner before this. Felt I was the wrong shape. I’ve also found some yoga poses much easier since I’ve lost the spare tyre.
    @funshipfreddie – re sleep, I’ve tried all sorts of things but not songs. It sounds like something to try when I next have a bad night. Thankfully it’s only about once a week now.
    Day 6 FD Pocket List 🍒
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @judyjudes
    @northerndawn
    @fasterjo
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @murielpuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2

Day 6 ZBC
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @northerndawn
    @flourbaby
    @at
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

DTF List – Day 6 ☕️
    @northerndawn
    @flourbaby
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2

Day 6 UK FD

Hello all determined to make today a good one 💪

Looking forward to watching MM @at & @funshipfreddie Loved the media this morning with enraged Sun readers 🤯

@flourbaby – I used to love going to the gym , mainly for classes but I’m really not that keen on returning I’ve but doing a fair bit of Pilates and Yoga so I’ll maybe give reformer Pilates a go at some stage

Day 6 FD Pocket List 🍒
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @judyjudes
    @northerndawn
    @fasterjo
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @murielpuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @broghtonbelle

Day 6 ZBC
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @northerndawn
    @flourbaby
    @at
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

DTF List – Day 6 ☕️
    @northerndawn
    @flourbaby
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle

Day 6 Minnesota, USA FD

I posted last evening that I was done eating after 6:30p, but within 3 hours I was hungry and searching through the refrigerator thinking of cheese, with some nuts, maybe. I stopped in my tracks remembering I had already posted that I was done for the night! That was the reminder and motivation I needed to get through those hunger pangs!

I woke feeling very good about having been disciplined enough to stop the night snacking, and already have felt lighter and less bloated than usual. No heartburn in the night.

Years ago when doing 5:2, I always tried to be done eating by 7p, mostly, to prevent reflux. I feel better in all ways when I limit myself that way. I will make it a goal to get back into that habit again. Not hungry at all this morning, sipping coffee and reading posts.

I plan to go for a 2 mile walk and then get some vacuuming and cleaning done. I may look up some of the YouTube exercise routines I’ve read about on this forum, if I have any energy left after doing some much neglected housework.

@flourbaby, thank you for adding me to the lists!

Good luck everybody! I’m finally caught up with posts and hope to get back on later with some personal responses.

Stay strong!

Day 6 FD Pocket List 🍒
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @judyjudes
    @northerndawn
    @fasterjo
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @murielpuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle

Day 6 ZBC
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @northerndawn
    @flourbaby
    @at
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

DTF List – Day 6 ☕️
    @northerndawn
    @flourbaby
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle

Day 6 Canada FD

There are only 8 FD’s for me this month so need to make each one a strong one. Looking forward to shifting weight so feeling motivated.

@emmataylor I am fascinated by your Fast 5, well done you for doing so well it sounds like you have found a good fit
    @missybear I can’t function without a cup of tea
    @kazoo that is great you are getting to see your son, I sure do miss my family. We are spread out through many countries so we are making do with Facetime
    @i-hate-lettuce I was on track to putting on weight at the start of the lockdown and am so glad that I am back here. Best WOL ever!!!
    @flourbaby yes it is the snacking that brings my good work down. Acknowledged and fixed, and yes the ZBC is making a big difference:)

Q…no new exercise when I am at goal weight but it sure is going to be easier getting up hills
    @funshipfreddie oh that PFDS feeling, totally worth skipping a couple of meals for

Off to work and plan on a bike ride and spending time on my decluttering project, so much to do!

Day 6 FD Pocket List 🍒
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @judyjudes
    @northerndawn
    @fasterjo
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @murielpuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @bellyblast

Day 6 FD Pocket List 🍒
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @judyjudes
    @northerndawn
    @fasterjo
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @murielpuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @bellyblast

DTF List – Day 6 ☕️
    @northerndawn
    @flourbaby
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @bellyblast

Day 6 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Did a 20 minute brisk walk this morning and another 40 minutes this afternoon. 2 eggs, spinach and mushrooms for brunch. Looking forward to tuna salad for dinner. Drinking lots of water. Feeling strong today. Hope all you other Thursday fasters are having a good day 😎

Day 6 – 2nd Post

After a break from the routine, determined to get back to it, been doing OK and not put any weight on but …. Today, got back on the wagon with a big walk!!! (give over, you know what I mean 😉

Not only that, even remembered lots of water, found it easy, the hills are not as much of as a pull as they were!

Amazing what this WOL has done for me and what encourages you onwards, the daftest things …. wearing my new skinny (well I’m milking it now) clothes, feeling good all round!

Just over a year ago I’d have struggled to do todays walk, not only did we do it, we got back had a salad ….. it was warm and sunny, so went out for another walk!

Love this WOL

Day 6 – UK – FD600

An early Broga class with OH via zoom then an hrs drive to meet DD and did 3 different dog walks with her 9.7km in total – her dog walking business is so busy that the only way to meet up is to join her on her walks – apparently her beagle has been mostly asleep since getting back home this afternoon🤣

Re Dr Mosley’s new show – I will try to follow as it will be interesting to see how his group does, I’m really keen to see what improvement takes place in blood tests especially – sounds like they will be doing a low carb Fast800, making sure they have a fair amount of protein and fibre and obviously no alcohol!!! And he stressed drinking plenty of water. @flourbaby it’s amazing how much damage can be done over a few months – luckily we had this forum and the support of the group over lockdown 🤗

@jaifaim – you and your family are in my thoughts – take care of yourself 🤗
    @kazoo @i-hate-lettuce – and best of all no rain today – so really enjoyed my walks with DD and her doggies
    @betsylee @stitchincarol – I’m OK in the evenings IF no wine is involved……but if a glass is poured……
    @northerndawn – glad to hear that having posted on the forum helped stopped you foraging in your fridge last night!!
    @emma-taylor – do you count calories on your Fast5 or just assume that eating in a 5hr window will ensure that you stay within your TDEE??

@flourbaby – What physical activity have you finally been able to do or are planning to do once you shed some unwanted ‘timber’? For me it was hiking without “dying” and actually enjoying it and being able to do strenuous sessions of Broga/aerobic and feeling good afterwards! And I learnt how to do proper pushups and can manage 8-10 comfortably 💪

“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.” BUDDHA

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 6 OMAD London

@at – I don’t count calories at all. I think I’ve said before that I have an issue with monitoring myself. I think women get monitored enough, thanks very much ( no disrespect to the lovely men on this forum. You are much appreciated). So I never weigh myself, won’t count calories, and want a WOL that is simple and preferably doesn’t involve making too many decisions. When I read Gin Stephens ‘Delay, Don’t Deny’ ( and the Fast 5 book she recommended) she says she just trusts the process, and I do too.
    My biggest problem has never really been food. I had a weird upbringing with a weird stepmother and lots of step and real siblings, and I used alcohol to numb things that happened. I once tallied up that I regularly drank 120 units a week. I’m surprised I’m not dead!!!So I’m not really a binge eater, I love all the things that are in a Mediterranean diet, and I don’t like sugar ( unless it’s turned to alcohol haha).
    I know that @stitchincarol is nervous about the amount of food she is eating on Fast5. Gin Stephens does say that when she read Bert Herrings book, he does state clearly that he eats OMAD, plus maybe a snack. Gin ( Nice name…) started by trying to cram two meals in the five hours and found weight loss slow going. But I love the process. It’s really exciting watching the fat melt away, but I also appreciate that it absolutely wouldn’t suit everybody.

Day 7, NFD, Aus

PFDS! Lovely feeling, and it’s raining which shut up that carousing magpie so I slept until 6.30! Thanks for sticking me on the DTF list, @flourbaby but for some reason I find it incredibly easy to resist Dionysus’ temptations on a FD.

Exercise? I would love to be a runner. But! How many times do you see a happy runner? When I’m out walking with the dogs, other walkers smile, say hello, and have the time to look around and enjoy the environment. Runners, on the other hand, always (well, mostly) look like they’re hating it. I’ve dabbled in C25K a few times over the years but have never been able to push beyond week 4. So realistically, I think what I’d enjoy the most about losing more weight would be to wear those stretchy yoga pants and look good in them! (I don’t wear them now for the public good.)

Have a good weekend everyone, and go mindfully.

Day 7 – Japan – WFD

I’m not doing as well this week, I think I overheated a few days ago in a workout. It typically takes a few days for me to completely recover. That is the risk of exercising in the heat.

@penz – Claiming runners aren’t ever happy? Sounds like a weak argument. If you don’t want to run, that is fine as there are lots of other things you can do. The joy isn’t often in the exercise it is how you feel when not exercising! People that exercise hard, aren’t exercising most of the time.

Day 7, Emden Germany, NFD

@daffodil2010 is there anything you can’t resist at times?

Q – I don’t do much different exercises, I’m doing the same as before but added planks and squats. My best exercise is dancing three times a week, in an hour we’ll be on the dancefloor again 💃.

@penz I agree, runners often have this fanatic look on their face when passing by. When I was 52 kg and started ballet class, I bought really tight overknee trousers. I’m not sure I still have them but I know they don’t look good on me anymore.

My friend and her daughter are one their way to spend the weekend with us so no fasting for three days but 🍷 and 🧀. I’ll try to do ZBC days.

Day 7 ZBC
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 7 – nfd – uk

Yesterdays 2nd fd back was tough, but just like @Notherndawn I stopped myself from a snack later on that I was working well on talking myself in to having, then thought of the forum.

I have made an ‘obvious but not to me’ discovery this week. My fd’s are all wrong. Thursday is the only night I can have dinner with my partner, all the other nights I am working late. Next week, going to trial Tuesday and Friday.

@basyjames. Sorry to hear you are having such disrupted sleep. It does not help weight loss efforts or mood. I audiobooked ‘Why we sleep’ by Matthew Walker, life changer. I listened to it for free on youtube actually.

Q. I have been an on/off jogger for decades. Have just recently completed the c25k, but still not managed to make it the regular habit I need it to be. It takes long to build up, and I generally am slow, but I like the challenge.
    Other than that I have done morning dvd’s and tried gym work, but it never sticks.
    My big challenge for this year is trying to do a free hamdstand, so, no leaning against walls. Not helped by getting a frozed shoulder that is only just defrosting.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Also meant to say, thanks for referring to the new MM program, found it yesterday, really looking forward to seeing what happens to the participants.

Day 7 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Great start to the month, dropped 1 pound this week, the graph on My Tracker moves lower! Back on track, two successful FD’s, back walking, MFP / Fitbit and brain cells all getting the act together 🙂

Re Jogging, no thanks it’s not for me. Ironically Dr Jim Fixx, (who wrote the book which is said to have inspired people to take up jogging in the late 70’s) died of a heart attack while jogging in New York Central Park at 52 years of age!

Sun trying to break through, early walk this morning then set up garden for BBQ later, my 5:2 day off, treat for breakfast this morning, muesli soaked overnight in milk and yoghurt, topped with a mixture of freshly picked berries and blueberries …. How times change! would’ve been eggs bacon and toast a year ago!

Take care all

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 760 total)

You must be logged in to reply.