So far I’ve lost 21 lbs and I can honestly say that in 30+ years of dieting I’ve never known such a fantastic and easy way of losing weight. But it’s not just that, I’d say it’s become a Way of Life for me now as I feel that after all these years I’ve finally become free from the tyranny of ‘diets ‘. I’ll never go back to the likes of Weight Watchers and who’d have thought that shedding weight could be so easy!
I’m now hovering just above 10st and BMI 22.6 down from 26.4 in August which is utterly brilliant – I was a stone and a half heavier when I started this. Hopefully this time next week after intending to thoroughly enjoy Christmas. I’ll be roughly the same weight but as this is a WOE (Way of Eating) for me. I’ll be back fasting on the 27th (and no doubt with relief..)
I never thought when I started this that I’d actually prefer my fasting days. I’m not obsessive, I love food and cooking and eating, so it’s not about the not eating so much but it’s the feeling of energy and clarity you feel during and after a fast day.
I started this after seeing the TV programme but didn’t have any blood tests done, so I don’t know if I’m getting the health benefits, but I’m pretty sure I am. As a post menopausal woman of 55 who was starting to feel old and tired and definitely unsexy it’s no exaggeration to say that I’ve got my mojo back ( in so many ways if you know what I mean).
When I first started this I often woke at night hungry but I don’t anymore. This WOE feels natural and I think that my body has now tuned into a more intuitive way of eating. Now when I want something on an eating day I actually ask myself if it’s worth ‘spending’ the calories on it. I NEVER starve myself, but I now ONLY eat the things I really like, so when they offer the cakes and sweets round in the office and I don’t really want one (as I don’t really like sweet things anyway), I can feel quite justified in not being pressurised into having one just for the sake of it.
- Chilli sauce!! (Always make your fast day meals tasty because they are more satisfying).
- Remember that the hunger doesn’t build – it’s amazing how many days I wake up after a fast not at all hungry
- Drink lots of fluids (its easy to get dehydrated on a fast day and water fills you up anyway)
- Green tea, (green tea with lemon grass is my favourite). though I have real black coffee too
- Miso soup , (if really really hungry , though I don’t find I need it very often these days )
- I always eat 2 small meals (though lots of people prefer just one) , 2eggs and slice of ham for breakfast , then a big plate of veg , in the evening could be either soup or strir fry (in stock) with a few prawns ,
- Have a 8hr eating window only - so I always make sure that I h get in 16hours of not eating anything , so in effect I have 500 calories in 36 hours