Who wants to join me? Summer pledge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Support, chat and encourage
Who wants to join me? Summer pledge

This topic contains 509 replies, has 73 voices, and was last updated by  Myggan40 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 510 total)

• Well done kayelondon and keep on keeping on ๐Ÿ™‚

Am doing an ‘ease me back in’ FD of 650 cals today.

Best wishes to Everybod!
    x

Hello everyone
    Well done to all you ‘losers’ keep going and be proud of your achievement.
    How is everyone doing?

I’ve had a tough first FD today. Back after my selfimposed (but totally unplanned) week off the FD and blow out on my trip home. It was fun thanks VirginiaEdie.

I have realised that my latte consumption at work (they are free and yummy!) has increased so I decided to look one up in MFP. At 108 ckal a pop I think I need to restrict myself just a bit a bit on FD’s. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    So today I only had two and left out the cheese in my omelette instead. Hopefully it will counteract the copious amounts of chocolate I ate over the weekend… But it will take a while ๐Ÿ˜‰

Lovely spring weather here in London. Sunny and nice. My mum bought me 2 dresses as a birthday present when I went back and I might try them on again this eve.
    It’s my FD distraction trick – when I feel the call to the snack cupboard I go try on clothes instead. ๐Ÿ˜€

Take care all and good luck!
    Lotta xx

Hello Everyone,

Well, the event that I was trying to get as much weight off beforehand as possible is this weekend. Then I can go down to 5:2. I also think it will be time to buy a summer swim suit. I put that off as long as possible, but our outdoor swim season starts in just two weeks from now.
    Myggan, I like your FD distraction trick. I may try that with the bathing suit shopping. I’m sure that will definitely be enough the keep me from deviating.

Take care all.

Hi Virginia Edie – hope you enjoy the shopping and find something ‘suit-able’ ๐Ÿ˜‰ So I guess you’ve been doing 4:3 all this time? Well done! Too demanding for me. Funny to think of 5:2 being ‘the easy option’.

Hi Lotta – glad you had a good time in Sweden. Do your new dresses fit or are they ‘a goal’? I hope you completed your FD yesterday without a hitch – I bet you did!

After a poor week last week, I’m happy with how I’ve done so far. I am tracking everything, for a few days. Way below my TDEE on Mon; fasted yesterday; way ABOVE my TDEE today (!) but if I average it out, just about on track. Another FD tomorrow. It will be a day at home, pottering, and I usually quite like fasting on days like that.

Happy Thursdays, Everybod!
    Bootsy xx

well I think I actually got to a 500 calorie day for the first time (it’s only been 2 weeks since I started though). This was mainly due to my expecting to be able to have miso soup for lunch but the take out place had run out so I had hot lemon water instead! Alongside my power walking /run 20 miles a week even after 2 weeks of semi fast days I am seeing a difference in my waistline. I have 2 more fast days (Monday & Thursday being days of choice) & then I am off to Italy for 5 days where I will have no fast days but look forward to looking reasonably fit in a bikini & restarting on my return. Kaye

Hi all fab FD-ers
    Hope you are all doing well? I had a Busy week and horrible cold during the weekend ๐Ÿ™ so felt sorry for myself and did more snacking than usual.

But the fast went well last week – thanks Bootsy! Sometimes I think others have more faith in my ability than I have myself. The dresses fit me now which I love. I have not been happy to wear dresses for a long time but now I love it! ๐Ÿ˜€

How did your shopping go VirginiaEdie? Hope you were pleasantly surprised?

Well done kayelondon! Have a fab time in Italy and enjoy your new waistline!

I had a pseudo fast day today and ended up on 790 cals which is way over 500 but better than 1790 which is what it probably would have been with wine and snacks this evening.
    Might have another pseudo one tomorrow if I can.

Last fast day on Thursday before my long awaited trip to MonteCarlo with my hubby sans kids this weekend. ๐Ÿ™‚ I will not reach my goal of 60kg by Friday but that’s absolutely fine. I can wear the clothes I had planned to and I am not going to let a few pounds spoil my all over achievement!

Take care all and catch up soon!
    Lotta xx

Good morning Summer Pledgers,

I hope everyone is having a nice day and enjoying the warmer weather wherever you are.

Lotta, congratulations on being able to wear those dresses. I have a dress I used to refer to as my incentive dress, but I have never been able to wear it since my husband bought it for me in Hawaii. That was over 15 years ago. I’d pretty much forgotten about it until now. It has been hanging in my closet all this time. Hum….. maybe I’ll try it on and see if it is possible to turn it back into an incentive dress.

Kayelondon, I hope you were strong as you prepared for your trip to Italy.

Bootsy, how are your fast days going?

I have kind of made it to my goal weight of 120 lbs, 55 kg. i would like to lose two more pounds so when i bloat due to salt or hormones, I bloat up to my goal weight instead of above it.

I had been doing 4:3 all this time. I realize for my height and age, 4:3 is necessary to lose that almost one pound per week. My TDEE is only about 1600 to 1800 cals per day. A 500 calories fast day puts me at a 3000 calories per week deficit, not quite a pound.

I’m going to drop down to 5:2 and see how I do. I’m a little nervous about having five non fasting days, but my habits have changed over the past 2 1/2 months. I can’t seem to eat as much, and sweets don’t seem to sit as well in my stomach so I have cut way back on those as well.

Oh yes, and I did find a bathing suit. I was pleasantly surprised how it looks, and my hubby likes it quite a bit ๐Ÿ˜‰

Have a great day!

Hi all well done VirginiaEdie what determination.
    I’ve struggled a bit the last couple of weeks headaches returning on fast days! Lotsof stress at work though so probably that rather than the calorie deficit.
    I have lost 1lb in the past fortnight so it’s slowing down, but direction of travel is positive. 4 weeks to hols 5lb to next stone mark, milestone!!
    Have a great week everyone.

Hi Everybod

Today, am just squeezing in my only fast for this week. After my high motivation of last week, I’ve struggled this week. Anyway, at least I’m ending the week on a positive. I am consoling myself with the thought that 6:1 should be enough to maintain – although I have had a few weeks of 6:1 recently :-0 I won’t be weighed until 1st June, so I shall find out then whether I have been kidding myself on that score, or not.

Thanks for all your posts on your successes and/or perseverance. It’s a such a help to know others are keeping going, even through ups and downs. ViginiaEdie, good luck with your transition to 5:2. I doubt very much that you will dive back into overeating. Have you checked out the Maintenance Chatbox thread? (Joining that thread is my ultimate goal!) Hope you are enjoying Monte Carlo, Lotta, you Glamour Puss, you! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Well done manchesterlass – that sounds a steady, sustainable rate of loss, imho. Bet you’re ticking off those days until your holiday!

Enjoy your week, All.
    Bootsy X

Hello everyone,

I’m just checking in to see how everyone is doing as summer is fast approaching.

Bootsy, I admire your self control in only weighing yourself once per month. I hope you are pleasantly surprised on June 1st.

ManchesterLass, I hope you make your holiday goal. You may have heard this before but the headaches could be that you are not drinking enough. Maybe with your work stress you are forgetting to keep yourself hydrated on the fast days.

I did my first week of 5:2 last week, but am a little paranoid I’m going to blow my weight loss when I have five days in which to sabotage things instead of four. I was thinking today I should write down what I’m eating on the nonfast days. I don’t think I need to count calories, but I do need to make sure I don’t resort back to nibbling throughout the day. Maybe I will be less likely to nibble if I have to be accountable for it, and have to take the time to write it down.

Take care y’all.

Hi all,

I’m new to this diet, and to the forum – but this feels like a friendly thread, so I thought I’d join in. My sister has had great success and decsribes herself as ‘hooked’ to the 5:2 way of life. I’ve bought the book, and looking forward to giving it a go.

So – I’d like to lose 8lbs for Summer. I’m at that point that if I gain any more, I’ll need to go up a clothes size, and apart from not feeling good with that, I can’t afford to replace all of my clothes!

I’m on my first Fast Day as I type. Just finished my evening meal (soup and crackerbreads), which I really enjoyed – but now I’m craving more… I’m hoping that I’ll get used to this hungry feeling, or that it’ll ease a little.

Look forward to reading more from you all!

Lizzie

Hi Lizzie, lovely to have you joining this for forum. Yeah we are a friendly bunch and I find the others very supportive. Well done with your first fast! Sounds like you have done great. It does get easier as time goes on. I am sure that your sister has filled you in her success and tips. Please keep us updated on how you get on.

Hello everyone
    Back after my long weekend and I am so pleased I stuck to my FD’s until the trip. I loved wearing the dresses I got before I went and I felt happier dressing up and going out in the evening than I can remember.
    Thanks to everyone on this thread for being so supportive!! I’m not sure I would have stuck to it without all the great chat and encouragements!

Welcome to the newbies on this thread and to anyone starting out with 5:2.

Hello to all the ‘regulars’ – hope your fasts has been going well this last week.

So – my reset goal is now to reach my initial goal of 60kg by the last week of July when the kids start their summer holidays.

Good luck all FD’ers and a BIG thank you again!
    Lotta xx

Hello Everybod!

Welcome Lizzie – well done on your first FD! I agree with lazycat – it does get easier as it becomes a routine, although I have the odd blip, of course!

Glad you enjoyed your weekend and your new clothes, Lotta.

It’s been a fairly painless 2xFD week for me – yay!

Virginia Edie,how is your transition to 5:2 going? It sounded like you were a bit worried that once the 4:3 brakes were off, you would ‘blow it’. Just a thought, could you do 2 FDs and then a 3rd not so strict day eg 1000 cals rather than 500, just to ease yourself in? And then gradually increase that day to your full calorie allowance? Anyway, I’m sure you’ll work out something you’re comfortable with.

Have a good weekend, All, and take care.
    Bootsy X

Hi guys , am new on here, started 5:2 two weeks ago and have lost 6lbs , would love to join you all. As i need motivation.

Hello Happymadge and welcome ๐Ÿ™‚
    Well done on your loss so far. Stick around – we’ll support you through thick and thin (and thinner haha). It’s likely that your rate of loss will slow down a bit as you carry on but don’t lose heart: slow and steady wins the race; hare and tortoise etc etc.
    Bootsy

Hello everyone from a rainy London this morning.
    Having had a week and a half of splurging I was fully expecting to put on some weight… And
    I certainly did! Although not as much as I would have done a year ago. I am much better att regulating my ‘eating out’ meals and often choose healthier options than I used to.

So the scales have been braved and I am now 63.7 kg (140lb, 10 stone).
    My goal for the 20th of July is 60 kg (132lb, 9.4 stone).
    I can do it!

With work I have recently joined a corporate wellbeing challenge where we wear pedometers to measure the number of steps we take each day. Initially I thought how silly and what a big brother thing to do. But it is actually making me want to move more and yesterday I went for my first jog in 6 months. So I’m going to try to do 12,000 steps each week day, and 15,000 on weekends.

Thanks Bootsy I’e just read back through the posts… ๐Ÿ™‚ I did feel a bit of a glamour-puss hanging out on the Riviera, drinking bubbly and dancing the night away. Back to earth with a bump now and back to reality. Hope all is well with you?

Take care everyone. Tomorrow is a new week and a new start for me.
    I will do my fasts and do my best. I am doing it for me and no-one else.
    If It feels tough I will repeat my mantra ‘ I can have it tomorrow’.
    (Can you tell I am psyching myself up?! ๐Ÿ˜€ )

Lotta xxx

Hello Everyone and welcome new people,

Sorry I haven’t posted for a bit. I’m find it easier to post on weekdays then weekends.

Lotta, you go girl! You will have a successful week after a fabulous vacation.

Bootsy, I have not liked my transition to 5:2. I know I’m keeping within my TDEE or pretty close to it on nonfast days, but I really like alternating the days. I’m going back to 4:3 this week, but I think I will try your suggestion of a 1000 cal day on the 3rd fast of the week. Plus, I can stand to loose a few more pounds so 4:3 will get me there a little quicker.

So… today is a fast day. I plan on saving all my calories for the evening meal. I didn’t even have my mini, post-workout breakfast this morning. Of course, it’s only 9:30 a.m.
    here. I’ve still got a long day ahead, but I know when 3 p.m. comes along its no trouble to make it the last few hours until dinner.

For anyone fasting today… Stay strong!

hi everyone, well I’m also back from a holiday in Italy so you can probably guess that no fasting for a week and pasta, gelato & vino were not skipped either. I don’t feel that I have put anything on but today is first day back so I’ve managed an Italian cappuccino (that means small but with full fat milk), 2 eggs scrambled & 2 pieces of vogel break with tomatoes & basil (olive oil). I think I’ve probably done about 500 today although I may be weak later & have an orange but let’s see. I have 3.5 weeks before Menorco so once we get some sunny weather from Wednesday I’ll be back to my power walking /run 5.5 miles home!
    Summer here we come!!! Kaye

Hi everyone

Fasting today (first one for nearly 2 weeks) and tomorrow. So far it feels like I am back into my routine quite quickly. I’m doing two on the trot though and that’s quite unusual for me. It’s the evening snack cravings that get’s me these days.

Well done for getting back to the FD after your Italian holiday Kaye. Hope your powerwalk was a good one. The weather looks nice for the next few days.

How did your FD go VirginiaEdie? It’s hard to break up a routine so can understand it’s tricky to go from 4:3 to 5:2.

Good luck everyone out there who is Fasting today!

Lotta xx

Hi Lotta,

Fast day went well on Monday. Better than usual actually. I’m happy to be fasting again today after enjoying a nice big piece of birthday cake yesterday. I started off quite hungry this morning, and I thought I might need to have a mini breakfast, but the hunger faded after taking the dogs for a short walk.

Yes, I think you are right about breaking up routine, but I also think there is some fear involved. I’m going to have to work on that especially when I get to my final, absolute minimum weight goal. I’m going to have to be willing to go to maintenance at some point and not be afraid I’m going to mess up my hard work.

Good luck with your two day fast. I’ve considered trying that but I think I would have to do it when no one else is around. It would be very difficult with having to cook for kids and hubby.

Btw, how are you doing with your steps goal?

Hi VirginiaEdie (Edie?)
    Well done on the fasting!
    I’m with you on the difficulty in cooking for others when fasting. I’m still finding it difficult but not as hard as it was in the beginning. The kids have asked for pancakes today which I love so will see how my resolve holds later ๐Ÿ™‚

The step count is going well so far as I find myself trying to reach my goals. I have been doing approx 12000 a day on weekdays and almost 15000 at weekends. I am working from home today which actually seems that I walk less but will try to make it up this evening as I walk to choir practice.

Lotta xx

Hello everyone… me again….
    I’m finding the 2nd FD in a row much more of a challenge than usual… I haven’t done one after another for quite sometime and now I remember why.

I will be very happy if I manage it today but I also know I need to keep tabs on the ‘feasting’ that usually happens the day after 2 FD’s… ๐Ÿ™
    My non FD’s are still what slows up my progress – maybe I should try 4:3…

How is everyone else doing? Lovely warm weather here in London but I’m as cold as always on a FD ๐Ÿ˜‰

Take care!
    Lotta xx

Hi Lotta,

I actually go by Edith but I didn’t think VirgniaEdith sounded as good.

The non-fast days are what are keeping me on 4:3. I still struggle with not nibbling on the NF days because in theory I can but in reality I can’t. I haven’t come to grips with that yet.

I have a fitbit as well and keep my goal at 10,000 steps so I can feel smug whenever I make it over. I like smug.

Goo luck today!

Hi all really busy few weeks and I appear to have reached something of a plateau. I haven’t lost any weight for 4 weeks now however I’ve not put any on either. I did a 100km bike ride for charity last weekend and needed to pack the carbs in which I think the exercise was offset by the food. 2 weeks to go to my hols so losing another 5lbs is probably too ambitious but I reached my summer goal of losing a stone anyway so I’m not putting myself under pressure.
    Take Care FDs and good luck with the fasting.

Hi all
    Had another impromptu blow out weekend with lots of food and drink and chocolates… all very nice but pretty much put back what I lost last week… humpf! ๐Ÿ™

Edith (I agree VirginaEdie sounds better but Edith is a lovely name) I agree with you about the non fast days. For me it’s the flexibility of the non fast days that puts temptation in my way… and I am weak!
    I also like smug though ๐Ÿ™‚ Smug keeps me motivated and stops me lazing on the sofa. I’m also quite competitive and I like logging my progress. This weekend I did something to my right knee (no idea what ) so there goes my taking the stairs at work plan for a while.

Manchesterlass – wow well done you! A 100km bike ride is fantastic! I bet you feel great having completed it. Did you do it with friends? It’s a great bond doing something challenging for a good cause. I did the Marathon Moonwalk about 13 years ago (before kids) and it was fab (but painful)! 42km walking around London at night, in our decorated bras – I still keep in touch with the people in my team ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck everyone for the coming week. What’s your Fasting Plans? Do you have any motivational tips for exercise? Any tried and tested FD or non FD recipes to share.

Take care and hope the weather is good wherever you are.

Lotta xx

Hi All,

So far June is not going too well. I am just snacking too much on my nonfast days. I think I may have figured out my problem, though. Over the past month I have only been getting about 6 hours of sleep a night. I have read that people who don’t get enough sleep compensate with eating more. So, somehow, I have got to get more sleep.

Anyhow, today is a fast day. So far, so good. I’ve only had a 20 calorie Kevita so far. The rest will wait until dinner. I am going to try and stay below 500 cals for the day.

Lotta, I bought my brother a Fitbit because he was having some health issues. He was skeptical, but turns out he loves it. He calls me every once in a while when he has a ridiculous amount of steps to. Rag.

Cheers.

Hi all. Fast day today. I will it be defeated by a plateau.
    Myggan40 I started the ride with a friend however she is much faster than I am and completed the ride in 5 hours. I was 7 hours. Half way mark was Buckingham Palace surreal to have a cup of tea on The Mall and ride through London at night. Your right would have enjoyed more with someone to chat too. Though lots of support from the 1800 women taking part.
    Good luck everyone.

Hi all
    How is your FD’s going? Are you finding it easier or harder to fast in the summer (for us northern hemisphere lot) or does the long evenings and nice weather make it harder to stick to it?
    I don’t know what I think myself… I think that by now it is such a part if my routine that I am wondering if I will be doing it forever.
    To some extent I know that I always will and I’m fine with that.
    It might not be 5:2 or even 6:1 but it will be some kind of calorie control.

Manchesterlass that’s brilliant. Well done for sticking to it even if you did some of the cycling alone, and at night. Must have been an experience!

Edith i too find myself snacking way more than I should! It’s like a pattern which is hard to break. How did your FD go? Brilliant about getting your brother walking with the Fitbit. I’ve heard about them. i have a Pulse so very basic but I log my steps every day so it’s great to keep track.

Time for bed. FD and I’m cold as usual ๐Ÿ˜‰

Take care all!
    Lotta x

Hi Summer Pledgers,

My slow weight loss has become non-existent so I finally bit the bullet and started tracking my calories. I discovered My Fitness Pal thanks to seeing it mentioned so many times on this forum. It is easy enough to use and the database so large that I’m not minding the tracking.
    I’ve dropped my nonfast days down to 1200 calories to try and speed things up. 1200 calories is a little depressing because it really does mean, No Treats. I have found, though, that if I let no sugar pass my lips, I can stay away from it. It does call my name here and there, but the key seems to be not even taking a taste. If I don’t let it touch my tongue, I can stay strong. It really is the foods with sugar that jack up those calorie counts.
    Have a good weekend everyone!

P.s. Lotta, I’ve been following 5:2 for 3 1/2 months now. I can’t imagine ever going back to not having at least one fast day per week. It really seems to have become a part of me.

Hi all. Losing weight is a varied experience. After moaning last week I’ve not lost any weight for the last 4 weeks, this week I’ve lost 3lbs. Yeah.
    Well it’s a positive learning point to persevere and the results will come.
    Have now lost a whopping 35lbs since January.
    Holidays in one week.
    What a great WOL.
    Good luck everyone. Keep going.

Ah, Manchesterlass, congratulations on your 3 pound loss last week. June has been a struggle for me so far. Maybe I am on the dreaded plateau. I shall persevere!

Well done Manchesterlass for sticking to it despite the plateau. 3lb is great progress!

Edith I’m feeling the struggle at the moment too. I’m starting to think I need to have a couple of really strict weeks to see any difference. I keep loosing during the week and then it goes right back on over the weekend with only a tiny, tiny difference and sometimes none.

I was so determined last week but this week I’m feeling a bit “meh” :-/ about it. Fasting tomorrow so will stick very closely to the 500 cals and have NO cafรฉ latte at work. I ordered some new training gear which arrived today so will try it out when I get home and might even do a little extra walking this evening or tomorrow.

Keep it going Fasters and good luck!

Lotta xx

Ok so it’s only 10am and I’ve already given in and had a skinny latte on my way to work because I was sooooo tired this morning.
    Now I’m struggling with my should I/shouldn’t I have another one… ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

I do know really that my problem is not actually what I eat/drink on my FD’s. It’s still my NON FD’s that I can’t control. I need to focus on those!

L x

Hi Lotta,

I just want to let you know, I know exactly what you are going through. Maybe because I am 49, but I really do have to “diet” on my nonfast days. Its been a tough realization for me. It has actually left me feeling a little sad. I shall keep going though.

Edith

Hello Everybod!

Thanks for your honesty about the downs, Lotta and Edie and hope you feel more positive soon. Massive well done for keeping the intention alive and sharing your learning experiences. HUGE congrats Manchesterlass on your overall loss of 35lb to date.

I have certainly been resting on my laurels for the past 6 weeks or so. Have only been managing 1 FD per week, telling myself ‘at least I’m maintaining’. This morning, I told myself that today would be FD no.1 of this week and definitely I would do a 2nd. Unfortunately, I’ve not rigorously counted calories. I’m wondering how far the liberal olive oil on my salad took me over 500. However, I don’t feel in danger of ‘blowing it’ today, so will be a bit kind to myself. 5:2 seems like a huge undertaking at the moment, so I shall regard today as a bit of a warm-up, to ease me back in the regular routine.

I had my follow up assessment at Bath Uni last week. Fitness and oxygen take up (V02 max) all improved. V02 max went from ‘poor’ to ‘average’ (punches air!) I had only lost 1 kilo, in about 8 weeks, but have lost inches/ cms – most noticeably off my thighs. My ‘inner tyrant’ is a bit disapproving, as I hadn’t done the fasting and HIIT to the max, so probably not improved as much as I could have done but my ‘inner kind person’ tells me that it’s all gone in the right general direction. I have splashed out (it was my ‘inner spendthrift’ made me do it, honest!) and booked another assessment for September, as I find it helpful to have an external monitor and a goal to aim for. So I really do want to reapply myself to this WOL now.

Lovely to be back with you all and take care. Best wishes with finding a way to handle the non FDs, too. Bootsy X

PS Tee hee, I just went to the top of this page and saw that on 10 May I had posted ‘I am doing an ease myself back in of 650 cals’. In today’s post I described myself as ‘doing a warm-up fast’. Same Old Same Old, eh, Ms Badger (the Rationalising Queen)!

Hi Bootsy – you are back – wehey! We’ve missed you. Well done on the great stats from your assessment!
    Weight isn’t everything as the wise Dr Mosely says so congrats on losing the inches!
    Your ‘inner people’ seems like a fun bunch! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’d like to think it’s always good to have these inner selves – makes life much more interesting ๐Ÿ˜€

Hi Edith – you know I hadn’t thought about it like that but you are absolutely right. I’ve just realised fully that to maintain my weight I will have to monitor it from now on. The option is of course to have FD ‘breaks’ (I have them on holiday) and then make up for it by going back to FD after. But my sensible side (I do have one somewhere) tells me that it’s not a good way to live. ๐Ÿ™ But like you I will keep going. I don’t ever want to go back to what I was before FD.

A general question to everyone reading this thread… Is there a way to measure metabolic rate? I’m just curious to know if there is a way to do it? I’m assuming DR’s and specialists can do it but maybe not?

Take care all!

Lotta xx

Just read my msg again – when I say is there a way to calculate my metabolic rate I don’t mean the standard calculation for BMR that we can do on this site.
    I mean a real personal review that takes into account height, weight, body build, muscle mass, activity levels, age, ethnicity etc, etc?

L x

Hi all I’ve done 4:3 for the past couple of weeks and I’ve lost another 2lbs this week meaning I’m now at 13st. Losing 20lb since joining the pledge and 37lb overall.

Lotta I’m not sure I agree with your sensible side about maintaining this way of eating at all times, if that’s what you mean. I’m going on my summer hols tomorrow for 2 weeks and have no intention of fasting or restricting anything for the 2 weeks I’m away. However I know I’ll put weight on probably 10+ lbs but I know I can get it off again and most of it in the first couple of weeks I’m back. If I can’t have the occasional blow out then I may as well be sticking to WW or another money spinning diet club. I really enjoy this WOL exactly because of the flexibility to live a little now and again. Of course I may have to eat some low cal humble pie if I’m not able to shift the weight upon my return!
    Keep at it everyone I’ve never felt or looked better and still have a couple of stones to lose. Good Luck
    ML

Hi Manchesterlass.
    No I don’t do the sensible eating on holiday either. I give myself ‘time off’ for good behaviour when I’m on hols. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I even give myself time off at weekends even though I know that if I was better at keeping an eye on my calorie intake at weekends my weight loss would kick in again rather than maintaining as I am at the moment.

Like you I know I can get rid of it again and that’s what makes this whole thing so brilliant. And like you say it’s coming from our own determination to change long term – not a short term diet that will crash because once you are ‘off’ you are off. ๐Ÿ™‚

I have re-discovered exercise again thanks to my pedometer and logging my steps every day keeps good track of my movements. Yesterday for example we had a lovely Fathers Day lunch out at a restaurant and I really enjoyed the food. Then, rather than collapsing on the sofa in the afternoon, I went for a 4k powerwalk and felt much better and managed to get all the ironing done in the evening too. I find that I do more things when I’ve exercised – I feel energised to be active which is great!

Good luck all you fasters this week!
    I’m fasting Monday & Wednesday. I’ve just had my veggie sushi box from M&S and am looking forward to a chicken stir-fry this evening.

Lotta xx

Hello Everyone

Just read all your interesting recent posts. Hope you’re having a good hol M/lass. If you are, you’re probably not reading this! Happy for your increased exercise, Lotta, and the resulting improved energy levels. Good luck with Mon and Wed FDs this week.

I’m still trying to get back into the swing of 5:2. Once I’ve established that routine again, I know I shall need to look more carefully at my non FDs, which have gone a bit wild. Yesterday I had lots of cravings, prompted by various worries and TIREDNESS. I ended up eating loads of nuts and dates. I realize I am substituting dried fruit for sweets – but it’s still overeating and unnecessary calories, so not a good idea psychologically or physically.

Last week I did do a 2nd FD, a ‘proper’ below 500 one. I’m fasting today and my 2nd will be Thursday or Friday.

I’ve been thinking about your interesting question, Lotta, as to where/how you could get your metabolism measured. I’m no scientist but I’m not sure you can directly measure it. Maybe only the factors which contribute to it can be measured? I could email the guy at Bath Uni and see what he has to say. Or are you on The Twitter? Maybe you could ask ‘the sainted Dr M’!?

On a related subject, have you had a look at the Fast Exercise information? Dr Mosley’s original Horizon on the subject is on the web somewhere and I found his book was a very interesting overview of current research; with practical advice on how to incorporate HIIT into daily life. As you said about your power walk on Sunday, I find it very energising too.

Take care, All
    Bootsy
    xx

Hi Myggan40,
    Waving shamefacedly from Ireland!!!!
    Been off the Fast diet & really regretting it!
    Today was the first day back on,I’d put half a stone on of the stone and a half or so that I’d lost.
    Was so pleased with myself cos all Summer clothes were fitting,& now when I tried on dresses OUCH!!!
    So here I am back again!
    Lucy xx

Hi all, i seem to have fallen off the wagon, and seem to be stuck. Think j need to go back to the beginning and count all the calories again. I’m snacking again and having lots of empty calories.

Hi Everybod,
    especially Lucy and muffin10, good to hear from you.

Well done for calling a halt to the gain, Lucy, after only half a stone – you might have left it until the whole lot was back on. I reckon that shows you’re up for a WOL, rather than just a diet. So don’t be shamefaced: ‘Experience is the name we give to our mistakes’ as Saint Groucho Marx said. Or was it Karl Marx? Oh well, someone said it ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hey muffin, I refer you to my comments to Lucy!!! Also, I wonder if you are doing a spot of our old friend sabotage? (My old buddy, at least.) Wonder if you can’t quite believe you’re ‘allowed’ to be slim? Feel free to ignore if this sounds like psychobabble. There is quite a lot of interesting writing on the subject: Susie Orbach, Gillian Riley etc. Might be worth exploring in conjunction with going back to basics with 5:2.

I’m still having spells of compulsive eating – I was really fed up with myself yesterday evening. After a non FD where I felt I made lots of sensible choices, though didn’t calorie count, straight after dinner I went to the cupboard and stood and ate about 10 dates out of the packet. If I had had chocolate, I knew I would have stuffed that.

Best wishes to all of us!
    Bootsy xx

Hello all

I know I am a bit late joining the “Summer Pledge” but I have 5 weeks to go before I go on holiday and I would really like to around 1-2 lbs per week. I am trying to stick to 1200 calories on non-fast days as I think that is similar to the Fast Beach Diet. Is anybody trying this ๐Ÿ™‚

Hey muffin10,Bootsy & JFitzy & all.
    Well two fast days done almost! After Tue I had lost 2lbs & yesterday wasnt a fast day but I had stayed the same,yay!
    Tomorrow morning weigh in will be interesting…..
    Love
    Lucy xx

Good morning everyone,

I apologize for taking so long to check in. It has been a crazy few weeks.

The last time I posted I seemed to be on a plateau and was cutting back my calories on non-fast days. That did not work for me at all! I had no energy and my body was extra sore after exercising. Last week and this week I followed 5:2 instead of 4:3 and just ate TDEE on the non-fast days. I felt so much better. Andโ€ฆ.. dropped 1.5 pounds.

I’m actually about 1.5 pounds below my goal weight, now, but I would like to be 3 pounds below goal so that when I bloat during that time of the month, I bloat up to my goal weight.

Bootsy, when you were stuffing those dates, it wasn’t all that bad. Dates are a fruit, they have vitamins and minerals. They were a better snack than if you had eaten cake or a big fatty muffin.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Hi Everyone and lovely to see so many on here this week. Great to hear from you Lucy, Edith and Muffin and welcome JFitzy – it’s never too late to start ๐Ÿ™‚
    Well done Edith for cracking the plateau. It must feel so great to be below your goal weight.
    And Lucy – I am seriously impressed you only put half a stone on when you didn’t fast. And well done for finding your way back!
    Muffin – that was me 2 weeks ago – all the best of luck with getting back to the fasts this week!
    Bootsy – thanks it’s been much more fun than I remember to exercise – probably because I don’t have so much to lug around anymore.

I had a good fast week this week and used Thursday as a semi-fast to curb the Weekend blow out that usually follows. I live in Wimbledon and it is buzzing today with all the prep for the Tennis.
    Me and hubby have ground-passes for Monday so I treated myself to a new dress
    in the sale. By habit I picked up a size 14 but had to change it for a size 12 (yay!) so that will keep me from pigging out this weekend hopefully.

Take care all and enjoy the weekend.
    Lotta xx

Hi I know Were only a small leap till summer but I have spent the last 3 months doing every diet man has known, but I know this works so why can I not do this and stick to it ive done it in the past and it’s worked. I am thinking if I join this challenge it will make me stick to it and as I’ve got 5 weeks till my hols 2 pd a week would get me in to the 9 stone section lol, I’m going to start my first fast today what tips do u all hve for yr fast

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 510 total)

You must be logged in to reply.