Who wants to join me? Summer pledge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Support, chat and encourage
Who wants to join me? Summer pledge

This topic contains 509 replies, has 73 voices, and was last updated by  Myggan40 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 510 total)

• Thanks for the positive support JayeGirl much appreciated. I don’t know Warrington at all I live the other side. Of to San Carlo in the city on Saturday night, never been so looking forward to it. Must stick to this WOE.

lol @kforcake I’d have a hard time turning down free lattes, too πŸ˜€ I used to go out everyday for a mocha latte until someone told me how many calories where in them (they were definitely NOT skinny at 1100 kcal each!!) This was a couple years ago and I still miss them to this day.

I’ve found the perfect way to get through FDs…just sleep through it lol. I’m approaching a LOACA and once a month get entirely fatigued. Between Sunday and this morning I slept 32 hours straight. Yesterday is but a dream…literally.

I’d blame 5:2 but for the other days I feel amazing with so much energy. I’m really enjoying the feeling and, save yesterday, consistently waking up hours earlier than usual and getting so much done before noon. I’m self employed so this is completely life-changing for me. It’s only been 3 weeks but I must say I feel healthier than I have in years (decades?) Now…I’m ready for the scales to catch up! So impatient.

I have to agree that, for me, keeping myself off the scales is more important than weighing in at all. It’s been my downfall in the past. I’ve used the fluctuations on the scales to determine my fluctuations in committing to a healthy WOL. If I see the scales go up, I give up. But I’ve many friends who see that and it just makes them work harder. So it’s all about what works for you.

@bootsy Badger…that’s great news on the trousers! I’m looking forward to that feeling. During my Rip Van Winkle episode, I dreamt that my ‘fat jeans’ fell down without unbuttoning them…like they used to a few years ago. I was a little disappointed when I awoke and realized it wasn’t true (yet!)…but I’m keeping that memory close for motivation πŸ™‚

Hi Everybody!

Always nice to hear of positive FD’s, and thanks for all the tips and support from this thread, amazing!

My FD today seemed to last forever, and in the morning I was toying with changing the day!, never a good sign! It was mainly because a friend suddenly suggested an impromptu birthday “do” today, after work but I was all psyched up for fast day, in the end I did the fast, and will see her tomorrow, was a bit gutted, but have already swapped my FD’s this week, but all this meant started on the wrong foot… I was hungry all day but it did get better, lol and drank enough water to fill a ship, and have just had 450 meal, so feeling better. I’m not expecting plain sailing. Also I think like @jayegirl, it might have reflected my NFD the day before, cos I scoffed a chocolate croissant, so sugar overload. I also give my Zumba class on Mon/Wed, the days I don’t fast so think maybe that’s why I felt like I’d run out of “gas” this morning, as the class is in the evening, but I do have a protein shake (“Rawlicious”, low fat and sugar) after class…think will have to tweak my FD’s and try FD also on a Zumba day, to see how I feel, these are the days also when I work at home, which was my reasons for not doing them as FD’s. Summer pledge is to lose 2-3 Ibs by the end of April, and then consider a goal for May.
    I love a Caramel Machiatto, but sets me on a sugar high, so off limits for the mo..

Good luck everyone with the fasts πŸ˜‰

Hi again everyone
    Wow this place is buzzing now! Great to read how everyone is doing. Welcome all new fasters and Hellooo to all you ‘old’ fast friends.

I have had almost 3 weeks off fasting during the Easter school holidays.
    We had a very active Easter weekend and took the children to Center Parcs.
    We did lots of climbing and high ropes with harnesses which the kids loved and I actually managed to do. I don’t really like heights but I don’t want to be the boring mum who waits while the rest of the family has fun. So I joined in… and loved it. I even felt a bit cool in the harness and all the gear now that I can wear skinny jeans and look like I know what I am doing πŸ˜€ Mwhahaha!

So my first proper fast day for 3 weeks was today and it was fine. Will be intresting to see what the scales say tomorrow.
    I managed (despite the active holidays) to put on 5 lb (2.5 kg) during this break but I’m not too upset about it. I knew it was going to happen as I really enjoyed all the food and drink during the hols.

I have a goal to get back to 62kg – possibly 61 if I buckle up and concentrate – by the 22nd of May when me and hubby are off on our first child-free weekend in 5 years. I plan to spend it lounging in the sun during the day and drinking cocktails in snazzy summer dresses in the evenings πŸ˜‰

All the best of luck everyone and cach up soon.
    Love from me.
    Lotta x

Hi Shaza. I loved your comment about checking yourself out. I call it my poser-phase… i’m still doing it even after 6 months. I first of caught myself admiring my own legs in the reflection of a shop window…. πŸ˜€ I say ‘keep on posing’. It’s all your hard work that has got you where you are! Well done!

Hi Bootsy. Fab to hear about your weightloss!! Well done. Even if the ‘inbetween’ sizes thing is frustrating. πŸ˜‰

Lotta x

Morning all, and what a lovely summery morning it is here in South London.
    I’ve got a team meeting drinks party this afternoon with work so I decided to wear kitten heals and a black skirt. I had loads of lovely comments from the other mums at school drop-off, which was very encouraging. Overall a great start to the day. πŸ™‚

So the scales are getting less daunting after the initial weigh in yesterday. I was down to 63.7kg this morning which is 0.9kg off after my first FD. This is the norm for the first fast day for me and is usually mostly fluids. Next FD is Thursday. It will be a busy day at work and at home so I’m hoping it will go super quick.

Friday tends to be ‘I don’t care – becausee I’ve been good this week’ day but I feel like I need to rein myself in a bit if I’m going to reach my goal in May. So will keep an eye on my cals over the weekend too

Good luck to all of you fasting today. You can do it!
    Lotta xx

Morning Ladies,

Fast day for me, already better than Mondays fast! I was feeling hungry already by now. That’s convinced me it was the extra sugar I had Sunday. Before this if I ate sugar in the evenings I was of course always starving the next morning.

I just wanted to remind you girls that we have a couple of ‘SECRET’ page book pages. This means no one can see it but members, nothing posts to your timeline so no one even knows you belong to it. We already have a handful of forum users joined.

You can add me on my facebook JAYE BLOGS (this account is purely for my fasting friends) and from there we can add you to the secret pages. There is a ‘SECRET summer pledge page’ started by Jenny and we’ll probably just chat on that. The purpose of the pages isn’t to stop chatting here, we want to utilise both. But FB gives us the opportunity to put a face to the chat if you so wish to add one, we can post recipes and and inspirational quotes and pictures and there is also a privite messenger service. For those of you worrying about adding fast people to your real friends and family account the pages won’t be seen. If you unfollow all the people that have joined you won’t get anything from their personal FB accounts either. I really hope you will come over and join us as well as continuing all the wonderful support we have here too.

I had the Bare Naked Noodles last night for dinner. I realised I didn’t take any meat out of the freezer so was wondering what the hay to have. I was also while rooting through the cupboard using MyFitnesspal to scan the bar codes of all the stuff in there, what a great tool! Anyway I found a package of Chow mein Stir fry sauce by Blue dragon, scanned it, 62 cals for the sachet. Decided to make broccoli, green beans and cashew stir fry with the noodles. The first couple of mouthfuls I thought the noodles were a bit gloopy but I think it was my imagination because I ate the whole bowl and it was delicious lol. Well worth a try. I also had 3 small bananas that needed baking or throwing out. I had tons of calories so I baked two, sliced in half, poured 1/2 tsp of honey on each and spread it all over the top and a pinch of cinimon. I baked them in a foil lined 2 inch deep dish for 15 mins on gas mark 5. Served them with 3 tsps of full fat Greek yoghurt and they were delicious. I don’t normally do dessert, just fruit but didn’t want to waste all 3 bananas and didn’t want to bake a cake I won’t eat.

Happy Fasting and hope to see you on FB too. Oh and did you all see my New Thread about one of the Fast diet book going on sale on Friday on Amazon? It’s got 140 recipes in it and cist 99p, free P&P.

Jaye πŸ™‚

Hi all. After a tough week, found the fasting days hard and on non fast days the allure of the cake and sweets in the office was too much to resist, I have still managed to lose one pound. So I’m into the next stone down and have 7pounds to lose to achieve my summer pledge target of losing a stone before my holidays. 9 weeks to go until sunny Greece.
    Out with friends last night who I haven’t seen for a while who were very complimentary about how I look. Of course I raved about 5:2 WOE and how manageable this is. Good luck for the week ahead everybody.

@machester well done for losing. Push a little harder this week to stick religiously to your 500 cals on fast days. Then you will feel less tempted by the biscuit tin at work. I used to work in an office full of biscuits, I never ate them at the time. I used to have my breakfast and take fruit with me and a NescafΓ© cappuccino (56 cals) for my elevenies. It’s hard but literally dont look at people eating them and if you have to chat to someone eating them just force yourself to not even tune into it, concentrate on the conversation and drink your coffee/tea etc. Eventually you will be able to tune it out. Every Friday I meet two friends for coffee in Costa, I have a skinny cappuccino and sit chatting to them both tucking into cake lol. I don’t notice it now, I’m that busy enjoying my milky coffee and laughing that I don’t give the cake a second thought. You can change the way you view these things. The more successful fast days you have, the more successful NFDs you will have and the better choices you will make almost by default.

I am joinging @ginette & @milena in the Fast Beach Diet (FBD) for the next 6 weeks… Bye bye my weekly Prosecco. Lol.

By Monday I had gained 2lbs from my weekend away. By Thursday I had lost 3.5lbs which means I missed this weeks 2lb goal by 1/2lb. Boooooo. Lol. However I have now lost 10.5lbs in 4 weeks.

Good luck this week everyone. I am fasting Monday/Wednesday as usual. I may throw in Friday, I will decide Thursday.

Jaye πŸ™‚

Hi everyone. Took one week off the 5:2 as was in sunny Crieff, Scotland visiting my parents over the Easter hols. Now I feel that I’ve fallen off the wagon, have still been counting calories but most unpleased that I have just scoffed my way through pudding, wine, CIDER!, chocolate all the while quoting ‘I’m on my holidays!!!’. Today, first day back at work and feeling a bit slugish (no surprise) and so far have managed to polish off a large portion of canteen chips for lunch, some chocolate fingers (only allow myself 4 at a push at 108 cals if I’ve been good all day and have the calories in the bank!), 4 mini lindor chocolates (leftover from my easter egg so had to eat it up!!), then I had sausages, potatoes and cauliflour for tea – but did I stop there – NO, have just finished off the last doughring (hate having to buy packs of 5’s).

So, please everyone, tell me to belt up and get back into it because I seem to be on the road to destruction – I’ve only put on one pound since coming off the wagon which is probably down to the fact that I start using the ‘mapmyrun’ app for walks and have been swimming with the kids and playing tennis over the last week.

I SO SO need to get back into my ‘comfort zone’ and back to normal. My usual fast days are Tuesday and Fridays, I’ve pretty much reached my goal weight apart from maybe one pound but don’t feel ready for the maintenance 6:1 just yet and quite like the way my body feels during a fast day (and the smuggness I have a work while the rest of them scoff their morning cheese scones πŸ™‚ ).

Shaza πŸ™‚

Lol @Shazas, you have pretty much talked yourself round there! You are so ready to enjoy a fast day and get back into it with both feet! That’s great, tomorrow is Tuesday so make sure you report back and tell us how it’s going, or gone. Brilliant that you are literally at goal, well done with all the exercise it’s obviously saved your bacon lol.

Do not have any more naughty food…. FAST FAST FAST lol.

Jaye πŸ™‚

Hey everyone, it’s been awhile since I was last online. Being travelling a lot what challenged my 5:2, especially since I wasnt loosing any wait for 3 weeks even I was constantly on track with my 5:2. However, now back in 5:2 starting from today.
    I read that there are so many new joiners.
    Great!!!

Does anyone feel that not eating at all on FD makes it a lot easier? I am considering that Iigjtvbe more successful if I don’t eat at all on my FD. Pls give your advice.

@Jaygirl: what’s yhe Fast Beach Diet about?

Hi Shaza, come on you can do it. Why not really go for it and join me in a liquids only day today?
    Just enjoying a hot lemon and ginger drink. A great start to any day.

Happy fasting!

Oh Shaza you have just described the state I’m at. Almost, almost there with my goal weight but when I’m ‘off’ the 5:2 I just can’t stop the snacking…. Well done you for only adding a pound while on hols. I wish I could be that restrained,..

Fast day today! Let’s make it a good one! Step away from the doughnut and towards the light(ness). πŸ™‚

Good luck all fasters today. You CAN do it!

Lotta xx

Hi everyone

not been posting on here a while, but well on the way to actally being comfy in my summer clothes- the thighs are likely to still be a problem, but maybe I will start to feel comfy in a skirt this year. Ive been following Applepie’s lead in having liquid fasts, doing quite well with just tap water. Would never have thought of it, but was impressed with your journey, Appliepie, and its been a real help – just finishing, started around 8 on Sunday, 36 hours later no-one has a chewed leg, the scabby horses are still in the field and I going go get the packing and post done (ebay seller), and walk to the post office and back, so won’t be breaking my fast for another three or four hours. So, good advice if you want to be a little strict for a day. Thanks for sharing.

You certainly think 1500 calories is a feast the day after!

It looks like the start of great summer weather, even in Scotland, and there are pretty clothes in the shop, Ive bought a couple of pieces, too small for now, but determined to fit into them soon. Cos now I believe I can be thin again.

Have a wonderful day!

Milena, thanks for the kind words. I too would never have believed in a million years that I could do a liquids only fast. You are doing better than me by just having tap water. I do have a mug of bovril for my tea, and boy do I enjoy it!!

I think you have hit the nail on the head. Once I saw how easy this WOL is, and how flexible and sustainable it is, I also believed I could be thin again. In fact I know I can. Unbelievably I am almost there. Not only that but I know I can stay thin. Isn’t it marvellous!!

Right! I am going for a liquid only day as Applepie suggests. Will just have black tea, tap water and maybe a small glass of diluting juice a bit later on if needed. No more doughrings! ! πŸ˜‰

Shaza πŸ™‚

Spot on Applepie

Go with whatever you fancy, isnt that the secret. I do have tea and diluting juices, not a nono, but only had one green tea last time, frankly didnt enjoy it – best part is – the 5:2 mantra, of course, IT’S ONLY FOR ONE DAY!- but it makes my 393 calories seem so much easier.

And found green tea supplements.

Just realised, soon may have to – blummin’ ‘eck no – WILL have to move my target TDEE, so it will be even less that 393, and even that isn’t scary. Who’d have thought eh???

Shaza I am excited for you. I can’t wait to see you back here tomorrow saying how easy it was.

Exactly milena, who’d have thought it! Whatever works.

Hi all!

Been trogging along with my 5:2, sticking to the two days more and more easily, still stuffing my eager roundy face with treats on the other days, still seem to be losing fat. I weigh myself only once a month, so have no idea how the weightloss is progressing, but the last 3 items of clothing I bought are 1-2 sizes down from my original size in January. In fact the jeans I bought last month and which were tight are now saggy baggy about the behind.

Still NOT losing any fat from tummy area though, which is my main concern. That’s the diabetes-and-heart-disease area, and I really want to shift some of this JCB-sized spare tyre, but it doesn’t seem to be happening yet. Perhaps once every scrap has come off my legs and bottom and I’m tottering about on sticks, my body will finally think, “Oh hey, there’s this whole great warehouse of stored energy right here, maybe I could use some of THIS?!”
    Ach well, onwards and downwards =)

Hi Mogs, had a real laugh out loud moment reading your post there. If only the weight would come off the right places, mine has mostly come off the tummy area but has decided to miss out the thighs now and go straight for the boobs, let’s just say it has been noted by the husband! Don’t think I’ll be able to lose much more now – end up as flat chested as my nine year old! !

Shaza πŸ™‚

@sunflower go to the home page and look at the books. One is called The Fast Beach Diet. 6 wks of no alcohol, sweet treats, adding HIT exercise and lowering your TDEE on none fast days to put it in a nutshell.

Well Applepie, I DID IT!! managed a liquid only day yesterday surviving on only water, some weak diluting juice and black tea. I just wanted to see if I could manage it and I did. Having said that, liquid only days aren’t really for me, I felt hungry this morning which doesn’t usually happen after fasting and a ‘surprise toilet trip’ after eating lunch!

I’m now thinking this may be my last week doing 5:2 as plan to move to 6:1 maintenence from next week. I started on 11st and weighed in this morning at just under 9st 9lbs, any weight I lose now is just coming off the boobs, I’m in size 10 trousers so really chuffed with that although even they are becoming loose now and no way will I be able to go to size 8’s!

I have to say that over the last 14 weeks I have found lots of support from everyone here on this forum and have loved hearing about everyones stories and journeys, I wouldn’t have come this far without this forum actually (my husband was sick of the ‘calorie’ talk from about week 3!).

I love this new way of life, can now skip up the stairs without feeling like I’m dragging a ten tonne weight, it feels great. Now, I need to maintain this weight so plan to fast on Wednesdays and see how things go, if I notice weight increasing it’ll be back to 5:2 as I know I can do it!

The journey continues, hope you don’t mind me continuing to post on here πŸ™‚

Good luck to everyone, happy fasters πŸ˜‰
    Shaza πŸ™‚

Well done Shaza!!! At least you know that you can keep liquids only in reserve just in case you ever need it. How wonderful to be at maintenance. You must be so proud of yourself.

Thanks Applepie, I must admit I do feel a bit proud of myself, I’ve gone from the 2nd hole in my only belt to the 7th and can’t walk past my reflection without checking myself out! Lol!

How are you doing, will you be heading to 6:1 maintenance soon to?

Shaza πŸ™‚

Hi y’all! Can you tell I’m from the south, on the other side of the pond? (I have to remind myself how many pounds a stone is, LOL). This sounds like such a fun group, hope there’s room for one more!
    Just started the FD, and I love the idea of a summer pledge! I often start a diet and then go off it too quickly, so I would love some support for sticking with this for as many weeks as it takes, and happy to lend support as well to all of you!
    I want to lose 15 lbs, and that doesn’t sound like much, but it is such a struggle! I am short, 5’3″, so my TDEE isn’t that much…it’s almost a diet level anyway, therein lies the problem I think. That’s why I like the idea of the FD, I think really reducing calories farther below my TDEE on some days is just what I need.
    So good luck everyone, happy fasting!

ET

Hi ET and welcome to the group. You will find lots of support on here, once you get into the swing of things on the 5:2 WOL, you’ll soon see the scales starting to move on the way to shifting those extra pre-summer pounds πŸ™‚

Shaza πŸ™‚

Another FD almost done…
    This one went quite quicky but I have been tired and snappy this evening. πŸ™

Feel like I am finally making a bit of headway with being stricter with myself though. Will see what the scales say tomorrow. πŸ™‚
    Have a lunch lined up with a friend which is nice but I don’t want to splurge out so I will try to fit in some exercise tomorrow too.

How is everyone else doing? Anyone fasting today?

I was interested in reading about the fluids only fast day Applepie, Milena and Shaza. I’m not sure I could do it. I guess it’s worth a try. Would need to be a day I’m working from home though. How much would I need to drink in total to maintain hydration?

Night, night from London.
    Lotta x

Well done on all the weight loss and achieving your size goal Shaza!
    That is brilliant! You should feel really proud of yourself for a job well done!

There is a Maintenance thread on this Forum somewhere that might be interesting to check out. I looked at it just before Christmas when I thought about going to 6:1 and it seemed to be a nice thread.

Although of course you should still post here too! πŸ™‚
    I would love to hear how you find the maintenance.

All the best of luck and take care.
    Lotta x

A quick CONGRATULATIONS!!! To Shaz, well done you, that’s fantastic! Xxx

Jaye πŸ™‚

Thanks, Shaza, for the warm welcome, and congrats to you! xo ET

Welcome ET. I know exactly how you feel. I am only 5’2″ it’s just not fair that taller people get to eat so much more than us is it? I am sure you will enjoy this WOL.

Shaza I still have over half a stone to go. My body is not right yet, I will know when I get there.

Hi Myggan and good morning from Spain. None of us thought we could do liquids only until we tried it. It really is surprisingly easy. Just drink as much water as you can, avoid anything with sugar as this can make you hungry. I think being snappy and tired is a common side effect of fast days, it is a good idea to have an early night. I also find I can feel cold. Ah well, better than feeling fat!

Have a great Friday everyone!

Well done Shaza. How great someone on the thread has reached goal.
    Apple pie you might be next.
    Hi to the new people and welcome. 5:2 is a fantastic way of life. I haven’t missed out a single party family gathering or dinner because I can fast another day.
    Good week I feel this week fasted Monday and Wednesday, partial fast today. But will be having a glass of prosseco watching the Masterchef final. One the finalists is from my neck of the woods.
    Scales tomorrow and will post again.

Thanks everyone for the kind words of encouragement, means alot. Hopped back on the scales this morning, now down to 9st 7 1/4lbs πŸ™‚ Awarded myself with a topic chocolate bar (after I have my salad), haven’t had one of those bars in ages.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Shaza πŸ™‚

I know this may sound weird, but as a night time binge eater, I found that dill pickle slices are nearly calorie free, but fill that need for something crunchy and endless. I also drink a lot of broth. It’s filling and gives me something to do with my restless hands.

I never thought that an online support group was for me. But today I started reading this and it is already feeling helpful. I went off the 5/2 about six months ago, after doing it religiously for four months and losing 15 pounds. I have been unable to revive my enthusiasm. Great to read everything you all are writing.
    Di

Hello Everyone,

I’ve been flitting around the forum since I joined a few weeks ago. I think I need the help of the Summer Pledge group to keep me motivated for my last five pounds. Mind if I join in?

Cheers.

Welcome Virginia and Diana.

Congrats on getting down to your last 5lbs Virginia, how very exciting. I’m sure cutting out sweet things and alcohol and adding HIT will push you through that last little bit. Good luck.

Hi Diana, glad you made your way back to the Fasting WOL. You will find lots of support and advice here. How about putting your tip about pickles in the Bingers Thread.

Anyone wanting to join our ‘Secret’ fasting Facebook group please add me at JAYE BLOGS. No one but members can see any of the posts, it does not post to your timeline. Use the ‘unfollow’ under friends on the persons timeline to make sure nothing is posted on your timeline that is shared outside of the members page.

Happy Fasting.

Jaye πŸ™‚

Hello Everybod!

Not been posting recently but have had a quick read now and then. Hello to all newbies and well-establishedies lol. Big well done, Shaza, for reaching your goal. Mmm, Topic bar πŸ˜‰

I have found out that my size 14 is probably only Marks and Sparks (an ‘old faithful’ Brit chainstore for anyone not in this country). Teenager-type brands are cut a bit more skimpily. But hey, it still says 14 on the label. Yesterday I did my first stint in the local hospice charity shop (let’s hear it for St Pete’s -yay!) Of course, it’s going to be a very expensive bit of volunteering, with all those lovely clothes. I bought a sweet blouse, which claimed to be size 16. I thought it might be a bit roomy but it was more a size 12 than 16!!

Hello Diana5 – my enthusiasm waned a bit over the past couple of weeks, too. I ate quite a lot of the Dreaded Refined Carbs. I felt a bit anxious that I might wander right off the path for – who know how long? As a recovering compulsive eater, I don’t have that much trust in myself that, if I let things slip, I won’t go off on a period of serious overeating. Best wishes with your re-start. Those small dill pickles are good, too: i think they are called cornichons, though I’m not entirely sure whether you can get them without some sugar added to the vinegar. Oh well, you are no doubt an expert label checker, like the rest of us!

Hello VirginiaEdie – good luck with those last 5 pounds. Sounds like you’ve been doing really well so far.

I am doing my 1st fast since thurs 16th April, so wish me luck! As I have got past my first goal of lunchtime, I feel more confident that I shall do it today. Good luck to everyone, whether on FD or non-FD.

Take care
    Bootsy
    x

PS I was interested in the discussion on liquids only FDs. I would love to give it a go, although I bet it’s a toughie, but I have some meds I have to take everyday, with food. Hats off to the drinkers!
    x

Hi Bootsy, welcome back, and don’t leave us again! Lol.

Glad to hear you are gettimg back onto the straight and narrow. Having worked in a charity shop myself learn now not to take your purse to work lol. Take a small amount of money so you don’t keep spending.

Good luck on your fast, be sure to eat with those tablets and stay off the fluids only days while you have to take them. You are 1/3 through your day, have faith, you have done this many times already. Hope you have your day organised and pkenty of nice calorie free drinks. I’m sipping my soda water with an ice cube and slice of lemon lol. Not a FD for me though.

I lost my 2lbs this week. Hoping to push it back to 3lbs next week as I’m not drinking alcohol for a few weeks, let’s see what dropping a bottle pf Prosecco off the menu does lol.

Jaye πŸ™‚

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. The last five pounds doesn’t sound like much but it will probably take me about two months to do it. I loose weight very slowly. I will admit I don’t have any trouble staying away from alcohol, but I do have trouble with the sweet stuff. I’m trying to be better behaved on my non fast days. I do tend to eat more carbs than usual on the day following a fast. It’s funny but fast days have gotten pretty easy. As they have gotten easier, my non fast days have gotten more challenging. Maybe it is that last five pounds mental problem. That’s why I’m looking forward to the support from y’all.

Heading off for some yard work today. It is still morning here in Ole Virginie.

Hi all,
    can I join you guys? I am half way through my second week, finding it hard so I am hoping that it gets easier to stick to! I lost 3 lbs the first week, so this has spurred me on! I started at 11st 8 and want to be about 9 and a half which I think is about right as I am only 5ft 3.
    JayeGirl, I looked for your fb page, is it the one with a picture of a hotel on the front page, as I couldn’t see any others!
    Thanks from sunny Devon, and well done to you all!

Lou x

That’s the one @loulou. Please request and I’ll look out for you. You will find lots of support here, I think that a few people find the second week a bit more tricky than the first, just keep at it. Follow us on The Fast Busting Brits thread too. I love Devin, I have lived in both Torquay and Bere Alston.

Virginia, I imagine those 5lbs is abit like when you are in desperate need for the loo…. The closer you get the further away it feels lol. You can do it!!! Give yourself that extra push. Fill up your plate with more protien and veg and have a few less carbs. You will be there in no time.

Jaye πŸ™‚

Hi Everybod!

Just checking in at the end of my FD. Thanks for your reply to me earlier today, Jayegirl. Anyway, chaps, happy to report it has gone fine. I remember I had a bit of a wobble in Jan and then came back to fasting with greater motivation, so maybe that is my pattern.

Hi loulou32 and good luck. I read somewhere that it’s a good idea to regard the first couple of months as an ‘induction period’ into this new Way of Eating (WoE for short). My advice is do your best, don’t worry if you don’t do it ‘perfectly’ (whatever that means for you). I found I did lots of experimenting and discovering what suited me at first. There are lots of ways of adapting the basic 5:2 to suit oneself eg I found that 1×500 cal meal is better for me than splitting it into 2/3 small meals – but you might find the exact opposite.

Take it steady VA Edie (as I shall call you!) I have read lots of comments from people who are nearing their goal weight that the rate of loss can slow down a bit. I think 5lbs in 2 months sounds a lovely sustainable rate. (As it’s probably what I average, I would think that wouldn’t I? haha)

Jayegirl – SMALL WORLD – a friend of mine moved to Bere Alston a couple of years ago. It’s a great place for my weekend mini-breaks lol. She has promised to take me sailing next time I go – ahoy there!!

Have a good start to the week, All
    Bootsy x

Hi Bootsy,

Yes, as long as the scale continues to go downward I am not going to complain too much. I think I’m going to comment on my non fast days to keep me accountable. Maybe I’ll east fewer “treats” if I have to tell everyone about them. πŸ™‚

Hi Everybody and welcome to the newbies, lots of supportive comments from everyone on this thread.
    Well I got hit with the posting gremlins on Saturday after typing a long post! So anyway I lost 3 pounds this week which means I am very close to losing a total of 2 stone since I started in January. It also means that if I can lose one pound this week my BMI will be in the overweight category rather than obese.
    I calorie count on fast days(2 meals for me) and drink loads and loads of water, I just try to eat healthily on non fast days. When I did my TDEE I said I was sedentary which I’m not really so I think that is helping the weight loss a lot. I set myself a target of losing a stone between holidays and I am 4 pounds of that with 8 weeks to go.
    People are noticing the weight loss and I have noticed how much my skin has improved with all the vegetables I eat.
    Good luck this week everyone.

Hi ManchesterLass, I hope you are feeling very pleased with your accomplishment. Two stone is amazing! I bet that success keeps you motivated. I’ve been trying not to count calories on my nonfast days, but I may have to give in. I’m going to see what happens over the next few weeks. If my weight loss continues to stay at 1/2 lb per week,I think I will try your idea of a sedentary TDEE and count calories.

I am on a fast day today. I exercised a lot this morning and my usual 100 calorie post exercise breakfast ended up at 250 calories. It will be a small dinner tonight, but I’m pretty sure that shouldn’t be a problem. If I write it, I will convince myself. Yes…. It should be no problem.

Cheers.

Hi VirginiaEdie – I love your attitude, funny! You keep on telling yourself. You could always do a liquids only day. That way the calories can not just increase for no good reason. Just a thought. I am sure you will get there your own way.

Manchesterlass – I am one too, but we left there 3 years ago to live in sunny Spain. 3lbs in a week, so far in, is fantastic, well done. We have lost a similar amount. I started this amazing WOL on 5/1/15 and have lost 26.5 pounds. I am now down to an unbelievable 8st 13.5lbs!

It’s very nearly pool weather here so I have to shift another half stone double quick.

Happy fasting!

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 510 total)

You must be logged in to reply.