WEIGHT GAIN

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  ladyD 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• This week I put 1/2lb on, no big problem as such a little amount, but advice needed on weather I am eating enough. I have between 500-550 on fast days, and 1650 rest of week. My tdee with moderate exercise is 2008ish. I work out 3 times a week (which I started 3 weeks ago) for one and half hours at a time, am I now not eating enough?

As long as you are staying above your BMR you should be fine. Gaining a bit is normal. If I weigh myself more than once a day I can see fluctuations on the same day!
    Stef.

Thankyou, Don’t want to ruin the good work I’ve done so far, and just wandered weather the calories I eat 1650 and the calories I burn off 650ish (as use my fitness pal app)means I need to eat more on those days as it would bring me under my bmr, Or am I just getting a bit anal now lol.

Hi Redswallow, you’ve started the 5:2 and a new exercise regime at the same time, so it’s more than likely you have converted some fat to muscle (one of 5:2’s little box of tricks). Muscle weighs more than fat but it is quicker to burn calories too, so the conversion is good longterm, as it will eat through your calorie allowance faster than fat would. Don’t freak out until you’ve given it a few weeks and make sure you take some measurements as well as your weight.

Work out your BMR & TDEE based on your current level of activity and eat over your BMR but definitely a bit under your TDEE (if you’re specifically interested in weight loss). Don’t make any other allowances for exercise levels on any specific days. If you’ve accurately represented yourself in the TDEE calculator then there’s no need.

Good luck.

I have been on regime since start of the year and keep having weight gain blips 3lb one week so total weight loss is now only about 2lb not much for the effort. Will keep going but stating to get a bit de motivated.

Hi:

Maybe this can help you figure out what to do: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/

Good Luck!

Thankyou all for the advice, one thing I’ve realised is I’m not drinking much water anymore, so need to rectify that. Get weighed and measured again in 3 weeks time so will keep on going and see what happens then.

Well, my blip is over lost 3lb this week, only 1.5lb to go to original target.
    Funny thing is didn’t think I’d lost anything this week as feel bloated. Now I just have to keep trying to tone up and can’t say I have the same motivation for that.

Great info, thanks!

Reliable Things About the Weight Gaining and all the muscles secrets and workouts overall nice one Customized Fat Loss Review

I think you need to go by body shape rather than what the scales say. Muscle weighs more than fat and starting an exercise regime may well make the scales go up slightly.
    Also your weight changes by a small amount all the time.
    I have learnt from previous attempts to lose weight that the scales can be misleading and sometimes soul destroying.
    Now the only set of scales I keep are the ones I weigh my food on.
    I am in my 7th week and have only weighed myself twice, once before I started and once after 3 weeks. I use the scales at my local pharmacy as these are almost certain to be more accurate than home scales and it stops me from weighing myself every other day.

I cant seem to loose any more weight as I’ve lost over a stone and half. I fast for 2 separate days having the 500cals. Some weeks I stay the same or gain a pound. Is it best if I do 3 separate days fasting?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.