Weight fluctuating for a month

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Weight fluctuating for a month

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  snow pea 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi all,
    I am new to 5:2 and decided to try it for the month of August in an attempt to drop a small anount of weight. After my first day of fasting I dropped almost a kilo, then continued to drop a further .5 in the few days that followed. I was surprised by this initial dramatic loss. But then I got my period and the weight jumped straight back on (which is not unusual). I continued with 5:2 and dropped back down but not overnight like my experience with the first day of fasting. Now I’m finding the weight is just fluctuating, I’m almost back to the weight I was when I started a month ago! What am I doing wrong? I am being so careful counting calories on my FDs and I exercise every day. 🙁 Can someone please offer some advice? Thanks.

There is info about this on the FAQ’s that should help. Hopefully you can give it time, be in there for the long haul. If you keep at it you will get there!

Maybe send your scales to purgatory for a while, and chart your progress on how well your clothes are fitting, or whether your measurements are changing. (I don’t even own scales, but I can tell the fasting is working by my clothes, and how I feel).

Thanks for the reply Cinque. Yes, I think I obsess over what the scales say a little too much, so will take your advice onboard. As for how I’m feeling, generally I have had a really moody August. Not sure if this is result of the fasting…

Fingers crossed that September is a better month for you!

Thank you 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.