The weight loss is good, but the rest is great as well

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Before and after
The weight loss is good, but the rest is great as well

This topic contains 62 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  Percious 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 51 through 63 (of 63 total)

• My name is Thais . I work for a Brazilian press and really would like to talk about the diet . Can you please give me your email?
    thank you very much
    best regards

Started fasting in February but haven’t always stuck to it. I’ve lost 9lbs but today, for the first time in years, my blood sugar level was 4.6. I have always had to do a fasting glucose test and been told I have Impaired Glucose Tolerance. Also, my blood pressure was perfect. Thrilled doesn’t cover it.
    Thank you.

Hi All Well just completed week 3
    Wk1 lost 2 lbs Wk2 lost 3 lbs + Wk3 lost 5!!!
    I’m finding it so easy to fit into my life no one knows I’m on a diet at all, have been walking few day’s a week on my Fast days + feel so much better for it, my up coming holiday doesn’t worry me so much now, but back on track after as I’ve a disgusting amount of weight to lose, + enjoy reading everyone’s comments + tips. Many thanks Mimi + Dr M think you might have saved my life.

After yo-yo dietiing for around 20years, i have found something i really enjoy. I have been on 5:2 for 3 weeks now and have lost ten pounds. I feel so bright and alert and happy.

Hi Tracy my story exactly I’m on week 4 + 10lbs lost I love this diet + the way it makes me feel, if only this had been around 20 yrs or so ( for me anyway) but never mind I’m on a very long journey with plenty of support
    here to help me. Sue

My husband and I started the 5:2 way of life about 4 weeks ago. We have noticed that we feel really good on those 2 days, sort of a cleansing feeling. I do not have a scales handy, but believe I have lost maybe 4 lbs and over 5 inches!! That is super for me, because I have tried almost everything, and nothing seemed to work. This is something I want to do for the rest of my life. Also, hoping that it really does boost your brain, as my mother has ahlzheimers really bad, and if anyone has known someone close with that terrible disease, I would not wish it on anyone. Reading all the posts from people everywhere is very encouraging. Thank you Mike and Mimi!

I started the 5:2 two weeks ago, so far losing about 5lbs. I am about 4 stone overweight, and awaiting hip surgery, have a bad back and M.E. I’ve found my energy on the fast days is much better than normal, and generally I look healthier. My stomach has shrunk so much that my family has actually mentioned it.. no mean feat to get your 24 year old son to notice.. he didn’t notice I’d changed my hair colour!

Oh yes, and I am sooo evangelical too. Sent all the info to my brother who has put on weight for the first time in his fifties. Our dad recently died of prostate cancer, so I am encouraging him to read the health benefits of the diet.

My mainstays are the allotment soup and strawberries and yoghurt.. but I am experimenting with the recipe book. II find I am choosing much healthier food on the “off” days. I went into the local shop to get something to watch Saturday night tv with yesterday and came out with carrot batons! Oh how things have changed.

AngeYorks, your report is just so great – thank you for the joy of it. I wish you every success ahead.

I’ve lost a total of 6kg (13lb) in ten weeks.

I strictly followed the diet, having a low calorie breakfast and dinner on fast days, no lunch.

Fast days were Sundays and Tuesdays.

I’m now doing maintenance Sundays.

I’m back to exercising, I have boundless levels of energy, a higher self esteem because I physically look great, and of course, I am healthier.

I still enjoy things like cake, chocolate, biscuits, and the like, but moderately, and can no longer overdo it like I used to, as I simply don’t have the stomach for it.

My brain tells me when enough is enough. I no longer rely on my stomach for ruling when I should eat.

Food is no longer my master.

congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started the fast diet 6 months ago and have lost 15kg, improved subtantialy my colesterol levels (from 210 to 163) and have recently seen benefits much beyond my health which are AMAZING!!:

– My hearing has improved between 15db to 20 db on each wave lenght, have had this hearing exam done yearly and it never has improved until now. Dotors used to tell me that hearing is something that you never recover once you lose it.
    – Today I had my visiĆ³n checked and have also improved dramtically: my short sight has improved from -3.0 to -2.25 and astigmatism has halfed in both eyes.

Has some one else experience this benefits??. In a way I see the logic of this in our ancestors who needed to have good sensorial skills when food runned out and they had to hunt, may be because of this the cells of our senses repair on fast.

PLEASE SHARE IF THIS WONDERFUL BENEFITS ALSO HAPPENED TO YOU. Kind Regards.

I’ve lost 2 stone and regained my life. Being a home carer for the past 5 years I let myself go a bit by gaining weight and not paying attention to personal issues such as eye care or dental followups. I chuntered on straining my eyes and telling myself I could wait that bit longer for the dental checkup that I had too much else on my mind to go worrying about myself…that is until this past week. Something stirred in me when it finally sunk in that I had lost all this weight and that I was looking great in my size 10 jeans. Suddenly I was back to the weight I was 30 years ago and everything was possible.

I got myself an appointment with the dentist to get some much needed work done and have set that all up, I visited the optician and purchased two new pairs of varifocals and I’m thinking of changing my hair colour! The biggest step of all is driving lessons! I’ve booked lessons with many different instructors in the past, the last time being around 10 years ago, and I never got past 6 lessons with any of them despite paying for a course. I always found it stressful and doubted that I would ever be a driver but now I don’t know why but I feel that I can do it. So once my new specs arrive I’m booking myself in for the first 10 lessons and I am going to do this. I’m going to regain my independence and when I eventually pass, if I can afford it, I’m going to buy a little car.

So there you go 5:2 has helped me lose weight, increase my chances of healthy old age and given my the impetus to get out of this rut I got stuck in and plan for the future.

hi bluebadgeguide. I find drinking iced tea satiates any hunger felt on fast day. I use 2 chamomile tea bags, 2 green tea and 2 rosehip tea bags. I steep the tea and add to 2 litres of water with lemon juice from 1 lemon (then throw in the rind for extra zing), juice and rind of 1 lime and some thin ginger slices. Throw in some mint leaves. Leave in the fridge. This is a delicious and refreshing fast day drink. Helps enormously.

Viewing 13 posts - 51 through 63 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply.