The day after the fast before…..

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Oh2bthin 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi – I just started my first fast yesterday and I seemed to cope well through out the day went to bed had a brilliant nights sleep, in fact I would probably say I had a more peaceful and deeper sleep than I have had for months…..brilliant!

Woke this morning felt good went about my day, had breakfast & lunch, can’t say I felt anymore hungrier than usual in fact quite the opposite but for the past couple of hours I seem to have crashed and burned……….feeling very sleepy………just wondered if this was “normal” the day after the fast before? (Not normal usually for me)

Thanx

Hi
    Glad you had a good fast day and enjoyed your night’s sleep. I don’t think there is any ‘normal’ or ‘abnormal’ (‘in my humble opinion’, as they say!) with 5;2. One thing I’ve noticed, reading around these forums, is the huge range of responses our bodies can make. I know for myself, sometimes I’m slower, sometimes much more energetic, than usual, the day after a fast.

I just offer, tentatively, that you might have been a bit more aware of how your body is functioning, especially if you’ve been used, as I have, to ‘grazing’ as a response to tiredness etc.

Hope you enjoy the journey
    Take care
    Bootsy

Hi BB thank you for your reply – yes I think you are right about being more body self aware. It’s quite amazing this fasting malarkey isn’t it.

Once passed the dip yesterday I had dinner and worked out at night as my energy seem to come back and then had a long soak in the bath another good nights sleep and on wards to another fast today.

Thanks
    Ax

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.