Starting tomorrow (2nd June)

This topic contains 77 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Cheeseplease 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 78 total)

• Hi! I’m starting tomorrow needing to lose 18lbs to get back to where I was after losing the weight following a LCHF approach. However, a combination of happiness and a love of bread has allowed the weight back on. I’m hoping 5:2 will help me lose the weight without having to give up bread altogether!

Bread and happiness! I know what you mean! Well from where I am bread is the enemy I am afraid. Stand well back from it! Happiness on the other hand is allowed 🙂

I agree Auriga, bread is indeed the enemy…..I intend to follow a low carb approach on my non fast days.

Hi Metchick
    Good luck, how did you get on yesterday? I hope it went well, I started on 1st June and didn’t find the first day too bad at all. I LOVE bread, I recently discovered how to make sourdough bread and it is soooooo yummy! So hard to stay away from those carbs, but I am going to allow myself a slice on the non fast days – I think I deserve it – and so will you! It’s hard just to stop at one though ….. :-))

Hi Cheeseplease (love that name…..I can eat my own weight in cheese given half a chance!)

I did well on Monday, felt great and did some HIT in the gym as well. Didn’t eat much yesterday either and I’m trying really hard not to snack at all on non fast days. Second fast day today and I’ve not bothered with breakfast…but I have done another HIT session in the gym and learned how to do crunchies on a Swill exercise ball!

Bread is my big weakness…..I bought my husband Paul Hollywood’s how to bake book last year….big mistake…he is now banned from baking sadly. Like you, I just can’t stop at one slice!

When are you fasting again?

Good to have a IF buddy!

Hi Metchick
    Yep, can’t stay away from cheese, if it’s in the fridge it gets eaten! Sounds like you had a great first day fast. I am fasting again today, had a Pilates class first thing and had my second cup of coffee just now. We do crunches in Pilates as well, it’s great to do on an empty stomach, I am sure I got up a bit higher today! I will have a small lunch and dinner, that regime is working for me at the moment.

I had a look at the new Fast recipe book in Smiths today, lots of yummy meals and all calorie counted which makes life so much easier. I am tempted by it, I am also addicted to cookery books! Is your husband fasting as well, does he cook for himself as well as baking?

Hope the rest of the day goes well.

CP

The Fast recipe book is great, Cheeseplease. I bought it together with the original Fast diet book and the Fast Beach diet book (that way it was over £10 with Amazon and got free postage!). I did the lemon prawns with leeks for us both on Monday night – lush!

My husband is low carbing with me at the moment but not for much longer as he’s pretty much lost the half a stone he wanted to get rid off. Last year he lost a stone very quickly (but aided by a bout of gastric enteritis at the end!). He eats what I cook for the evening meal on a fast day and yes he does cook – he made a lovely Lebanese dish last night with lamb mince, aubergines and tomatoes!

I’ve just had to deal with a colleague eating their rather lovely left over stir fry for lunch in the office……now off to meet some students for a coffee (or peppermint tea). Tummy is rumbling something rotten!

Have a good day.

Ooh you talked me into it! Just ordered it on Amazon together with Celia Brooks’ veggie fast diet cook book to get over £10 – those naughty people at Amazon know what they’re about. Hunger pangs don’t last too long for me, a glass of water usually helps. I wonder what sugar free sweets might do?

Have a good day.

CP

My advice would be to steer well clear of sugar free anything. It can elicit an insulin response and bring back the cravings. Are you veggie then Cheeseplease?

Well, I don’t eat meat of any kind but I do eat fish. Thanks for the advice, I think I will steer clear. Nearly fell at the first hurdle today. We have just been to the cinema (Godzilla, what a turkey!), but late back for my husbands tummy rumbles, so he suggested fish and chips, but even though I wavered I held fast (ha ha) and am having some oven baked cod with marinade for 240 calories – a close call though. Hope your day went well and those hunger pangs disappeared.

CP

Aaahhhh….a pescatarian! My sister does that, well she did until she started low carbing last year and now has to eat some meat or she gets bored….!

Well done on being strong! I had a good fast day yesterday… 2.2lbs down in total since Monday. We (husband and I) played golf today and I’m hoping for a bit more of a loss by the weekend as we’re playing another 18 holes tomorrow! Been a gorgeous day, finally…hoping for some more good weather tomorrow.

Hi Metchick
    It’s been a lovely day too here in sunny Hampshire. Excellent news on your weigh in – do you weigh regularly? I have a problem with our digital bathroom scales, if I move them from one bathroom floor tile to another I can gain or lose 5lb in one fell swoop – they are not to be relied on, so when I weigh myself I never know quite how heavy or light I am – depends upon how I feel on the day! Husband says it is because the tiles are cold and it affects the digital whatever’s. Ho hum, I guess it should be about how I feel and not the numbers……

Have succumbed to a bottle of white wine tonight, yes I know white wine is not my friend but I love cosying up to it! Anyway, we are celebrating the roof going on in our loft conversion today and our upstairs taking shape in our erstwhile bungalow – back on the wagon tomorrow.

Oh, I’m in Hampshire too! Unfortunately I do weigh more often than I should but thankfully the scales don’t change with location! I should be relying much more on the fit of my clothes.

Congratulations on the roof – sounds most exciting! I got stupidly excited a few weeks ago when we had our double glazing and front door replaced – it’s transformed the look of the house.

I’m lucky that I can ignore alcohol pretty much all the time – does make me a cheap date as I can get tipsy on a tiny amount of wine.

Right off to bed. Have a good day tomorrow.

Well, a good first week…3lbs down! Fasting today and Wednesday and playing golf at least 3 times this week with some HIT thrown in for good measure.

Well done Metchick, what a brilliant start. I fell off the wagon big time yesterday – wine, chocolate, biscuits – but back to fasting today and trying not to beat myself up about it. Enjoy the golf, I think we are going to have some good weather this week.

CP

Hi Cheeseplease

It’s so important not to dwell on the days that don’t go so well, to move on and think positively about the future – although easier said than done!

Yes, forecast is looking good (it’s what I used to do for a living….!) so here’s hoping.

How are you managing your fast days? I’m trying not to eat breakfast and having a snack mid afternoon if I can’t cope!

Hi, Metchick

Your plan is going good. All person has their own diet and workout plan. I also can’t stay away from bread butter and cheese sandwich. Both are my favorite breakfast.

Good Luck to you!! Well going dude! Keep it continue….

Ah ha, hence the Met! I am also not having breakfast, just a very small lunch and then about 300 calorie meal in the evening. This works well for me, although I do have a couple of cups of coffee in the morning as the day wouldn’t be worth living otherwise :-}

I wish my scales were more accurate. I have moved them into the living room where hopefully they will settle down! I will report back on progress at the end of the week. I want to lose about a stone and a half to two stone, how about you, do you have a goal? No golf for me (rotator cuff injury) but I have been for a walk up to our allotment and done some digging so that will do for now.

Hi Robinj

Bread has always been my downfall…….can never stop at one slice!

Cheeseplease – if I were you I would dispense with the scales entirely and just go on the fit of your clothes and measuring. The scales just mess with your head!

I’m aiming to lose around a stone and a half – back to where I was when I lost weight low carbing. Must have been lovely on the allotment this morning. I pottered in the garden for a bit this morning with my husband then walked to work (1.2 miles) and did some HIT in the gym together with some strength exercises (pushups and abdominal crunchies). I have a bikini I need to get back into but thankfully not until December!

Have a good day and stay strong!

Well, blow me sideways…….second fast day of week 2 yesterday and I’ve lost 3lbs this week!!! I do hope it continues but won’t be at all surprised if it doesn’t….hey ho, off to play golf today and tomorrow.

Enjoy the sunshine FDers!

Well, downward trend continues. My husband has joined me and we fasted on Tuesday. I had a “normal” day yesterday but only ate breakfast and supper and I’ve lost 1.4lbs this week. Fasting today so we’ll see what tomorrow brings! I haven’t managed any HIT this week but I am playing plenty of golf.

Hi Metchick
    You really are doing well, this WOE obviously agrees with you. I feel like I have lost weight and even erratic scales show a downward trend, so it’s all good. I fasted Monday and again today. Never have a problem with fast days (well, apart from the growly tum), but on these warm evenings and non fast days the white wine often beckons!

CP

Hi Cheeseplease!

Yes, FD clearly works as I’ve lost a bit more this morning…8.4lbs off since 2nd June. I’m now just a smidgen over 10 stone with another half a stone to go to target.

I’ve never had an issue with alcohol, I can take it or leave it which means I can get tipsy on very little now!

What plans for the weekend?

Hello Metchick
    The lady vanishes – amazing! This weekend, well husband will be fossicking about in our new upstairs (well it would be but the stairs are coming in a couple of weeks, so it’s our up ladder at the mo), so I will be up the lottie to harvest more strawberries, Swiss chard and broad beans and do a bit of gentle weeding. Then I think we will go for a walk after lunch. Sunday we may do a bit of garden visiting, so very laid back. What about you, will you be knocking them for six on the golf course?

Your allotment sounds like bliss – but hard work too I bet!

We’ll be watching England v NZ in the rugby tomorrow morning before heading to London for the weekend to see both my sisters, one tomorrow and the other on Sunday, including a BBQ (5th one this year!). We’re 5 day members at the golf club which is a good thing as it means we can’t play at weekends….and it’s getting a bit obsessive now. We played this afternoon, just 9 holes, but it didn’t go as well as earlier in the week – but that’s always the nature of golf!

Have a great weekend!

MC

That sounds great, your folks can admire the slimmer you as well! We don’t have Sky so follow the rugby on the Guardian website – no footie followers in this house!

Have a great weekend, and happy longest day.

CP

We don’t have Sky either…..we use a website called Wiziwig.tv to watch it for free!

Had a lovely weekend with my sisters and didn’t go too mad on the food front although I have gained 3lbs. Fasting today so that should all come off with the help of a walk to work and back and some HIIT in the work gym.

Hope you had a good weekend!

MC

Thanks for the tip, I will check it out.

I am sure you will quickly lose those pounds, you have done so well. We had a great weekend too. Fasting today, not sure my carrot soup lunch is such a good idea today though!

CP

What’s the problem with the carrot soup lunch? Sounds yummy to me! I did without breakfast but did have some carrot sticks mid morning…..

Right, hair is cut, now off to the work gym and then two hours of teaching. Wish I could be outside today though!

MC

I didn’t want to talk shop at you – but the weather is a bit warm for soup! Although it is only 84 calories.

Have a good day.

CP

Ah, I see!! I guess it doesn’t work chilled like gazpacho!

*sings*

New Stone Zone, New Stone Zone….!!!

9st 13.6lbs this morning after my second fast day of week 4. I can’t believe how well this is going and how great I feel!

Just hope I don’t ruin the good work over the weekend…….

Brilliant! I am trying to get below 11 stone, (I am 5′ 9″ with current BMI of 23.2), you are an inspiration – maybe just a small celebration??

Woohoo – the scales may be erratic but the tape measure doesn’t lie! 2cm off bust, waist and hips, 1 cm off top of thighs – happy Wednesday!

Woohoo, CP, that’s fantastic!!

I’ve lost an inch (at least) off my waist and a little less off each thigh and this morning I was down to 9st 13.4lbs having lost 0.8 lbs on a non-fast day!!!!

We’re fasting tomorrow and I’m hoping to get below 9st 13lbs which I haven’t seen in over a year.

Well done Metchick, I am beginning to think this way of eating may well work ……

Oh, believe me, CP, it works!!

I’m delighted to report that I’m down to 10st 12.6lbs as of Friday morning, that’s a loss of 10.4lbs in 5 weeks.

How’s your week been, CP?

Hi Metchick
    Congrats on your continuing downward trend! I had a horrid fast day on Thursday, don’t know why. I was conscious of being hungry all day, could have gnawed my arm off! I tried all the distractions, drinking water, miso soup, keeping busy, but somehow it just bugged me all day. I held out though, and am pleased to report I have broken through the 11 stone barrier albeit marginally to 10 st 13 1/2 (although whether the scales are to be trusted is another thing, but I definitely do feel thinner). Next fast day will probably be Monday, so I hope it goes better than Thursday. Do you have any bad days – or tips?

CP

Congratulations on breaking into a NSZ, CP!!

Do you eat breakfast? I find that I cope better without it on a FD, hold out as long as I can and if necessary nibble on some carrot sticks or an apple mid afternoon. I often eat less than 500 calories in a day that way too.

The hunger hasn’t been too bad, I drink plenty of still water although I find that fizzy water does fill the hole pretty well! Not sure what else to suggest….

I’m fasting again on Monday as OH and I are both playing golf on Monday (he’s playing in a competition, I’ll be practising!) so we’ll fast on Tuesday and Thursday. I am playing golf on Thursday but coped really well with it last week, just took some carrot and celery to nibble on the way round and finish at lunch time.

Onwards and downwards, CP!

MC
    x

Hi Metchick
    No I don’t have breakfast either, I hold out until lunchtime when I have a bowl of soup, then miso soup at around five pm and evening meal of around 250 cals. I think I probably come under the 500 too. I think it’s a psychological thing, maybe the novelty is wearing off! I don’t intend to stop though – I’ll need a change of wardrobe at this rate, some things are starting to look a bit baggy!

Enjoy your golf – and your week.

CP x

Tell me about it, CP. I bought shorts to wear playing golf a couple of months ago and they’re a tad loose now! But I can get back into jeans that have been in the wardrobe for quite some time. Treat yourself, you deserve it!

Hope you have a good week. Spending some time at the allotment?

MC
    x

MC, Can’t turn your back on the lottie at this time of year or everything turns into mammoth veg! It is also a good excuse for getting away from the building works at home! Have a good one.

CP xx

Well, more good news….weighed this morning after first fast day of week 6 and I’ve lost another 1.4lbs! That’s 11.8lbs gone and only 4.2lbs to go to target…..this WOE is just amazing.

How’s your week going, CP?

Hi Metchick
    Wow, you are doing well, you’ll be on the maintenance 6:1 before you know it.

The week is going well thanks. Went out with our wild life group this morning, countryside was lovely. Masses of veg from the lottie, beetroot, chard, carrots, lettuce, mange tout, potatoes (my husband is eating most of those) and lots of lovely raspberries.

My weight according to erratic scales is stable, but as I had wine Friday, Saturday and Sunday I am not surprised! I have, however, got into a pair of trousers lurking at the back of the wardrobe which I have never really been comfortable in, AND been able to sit down in them and walk into town in comfort – so brill! Fasting again tomorrow, so hopefully downward trend will continue.

Are you going to go to 6:1 when you reach target weight?

CP

I am very jealous of your lottie produce, CP. We visited a local pick your own place at the weekend to pick raspberries which I adore. I reckon I ate as many as I put in the punnet! Such a shame the season is drawing to a close……

Delighted to hear about the ToT (Trousers of Truth!). I wore jeans this evening that I bought in early March and they are a tad baggy now….

I am fasting again on Friday but after the works BBQ this evening (burger in a bun – don’t usually do bread, not to mention the Crabbies….) I may try a semi fast day tomorrow as well – seems to work OK on a golfing day!

My husband has reached target weight so he’s going to 6:1 and I’ll join him when I get there.

Right, off to watch the cricket highlights (if there were any!) and then the footie. Have a good fast day tomorrow!

MC

Well, the downward trend continues……another 2.4lbs in 7 days!! Only 3.2lbs to go to my target weight but I’m going to keep going till we go away on 7th July….

How’s it going, CP?

Morning MC,
    You really have this WOE cracked! I had a bit of a blow out yesterday, we went to an Asian music festival, and there was the most yummy veggie food stall. My husband wanted to try jellabi, which is basically deep fried sugar syrup – hot, crunchy, delicious!! I don’t feel bad about it, it was too enjoyable! Today is another day …

CP

Hi CP

Well, blowouts must be the order of the day as I had one yesterday…..icecream after a nice walk then a game of backgammon on the patio followed by a home made cream tea (although the scone was shop bought)….it was lush!

Fasting today and Wednesday so hopefully not to much damage done (I am one pound up on Saturday’s weigh-in).

Right, must get myself to work for a couple of hours teaching.

Have a good one!

MC

Hi MC
    I think we are all entitled to go a little mad sometimes aren’t we? And it’s such good fun! And you have certainly worked hard enough. According to the erratic scales I probably should be down about 11lbs but am actually down 9. It’s not so bad, as I know now that if I concentrate on it I can start losing again. This WOE has given me the confidence to realise that, so I am back on the wagon, albeit with a rickety wheel! BMI is at 23, I am aiming for 20 so will see how it goes, how I feel and how I look! I already feel (and I think look) better. You off on your hols soon?

CP

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply.