Starting tomorrow!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Lynsay189 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hi there

Well I start tomorrow on the diet it seems the most sensible one out there and frankly I have to do something! I have a wedding next year and a fabulous dress that I have seen I currently check in at a 14 to 16 and want to be a minimum of a 12 (hopefully a 10). I have started prior to this and given up but after standing on the scales this morning I have to finally conceed that action is required because I won’t look fabulous on my wedding day if I don’t (on top of that a range of health problems exist in my family on both sides so if I want a healthy life I need something to help stave off those too) so here goes!

I am with you MsA. I am not getting married BUT my weight has gone through the roof and I HAVE to do something about it before it gets out of control!!!

I eventually did ‘start tomorrow’ in May 2013. I’ve now lost 6 stone and 1 lb.
    My ‘buzz word’ is BE BOTHERED.
    Many friends have asked how I’ve lost the weight . When I go into the details of the 5:2 a lot of them say ” oh I can’t be bothered all that weighting and calorie counting” For heavens sake it’s only 2 days out of the week. I keep a
    food / recipe book so what I eat on a 2 day is recorded weighed and calorie counted. Then if I feel like that meal again all the hard work is done.
    One last tip when I am shopping I don’t put anything in my basket that one of my danger foods e.g. bread cheese chocolate. If I need a bread fix on one of the 5 days then I go out to the supermarket and buy a sandwich. This way there is nothing left over in the fridge. So if I can’t face the trek to the Supermarket then I don’t really want it.
    Do start after all what have you got to lose??? Oh yes the FAT.

Dragon lady you are an inspiration to us all, I’m so glad you posted your message as my 2nd fast day is tomorrow but gauging by my first last Thursday I should be fine. Most of us fast on Mondays so you picked the perfect time to get your message out. Well done on such a fantastic loss, may I ask one question. How normally did you eat on your feast days?

Hi everyone I from Australia and I need all the encouragement I can get .

Hi. Newcomer to the 5:2. Started today but will fast tuesdays and thursdays. Big first day 23rd Sept. Made the raisin and cocao cereal bars tonight ready for tomorrow. Have breakfast and lunch sorted out. Ready to go!

Hi, another newbe to the 5:2, again started today and will fast Tuesday and Thursday (at work and always busy so hopefully that will help with distracting me!)… is it OK to sometimes change your days to Monday/Wednesday – as I have at least one week in October where I will be out on a Thursday evening for a meal. I’m sure there is probably a psychological reason for not changing your days, but I’ll give it a go anyway. Good luck everyone, happy fasting!

Hi I am starting my first fast day tomorrow, I’m a 25 year old from Dublin, Ireland. I currently weigh 80kg 5″5 and am a size 14-16. I’m aiming to get down to a size 10 back to the size I was when I was 18. I think most of us hope to get back there again! I’m a stress eater and amongst other issues over the last 7 years it wasn’t until last April when my dad had a stroke, that a realised how much I eat when anxious or under pressure. My dad is ok, he was extremely lucky, but this whole thing has made me think about what I am doing. The more weight I have on me the more likely I am to have a heart attack or a stroke when I get older.
    In the last year I have started and stopped doing various diets, then today I saw the Living section in the Irish Sunday independent and this diet seems the most sensible. So I’m going to get a few things at the supermarket tonight and then start my first fast day tomorrow. I can’t wait!!
    I would really love to hear from anybody as I think it would really encourage me, and I think I could do the same for others! 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.