Starting today….

This topic contains 157 replies, has 48 voices, and was last updated by  Pattience 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 158 total)

• Hi All, so lovely to hear all the progress/issues and just how much hard work is going on around the globe πŸ™‚ I’m coming to the end of fast day #5 (3 weeks in now) and it’s been pretty good today. Saturday was a tough ‘I-want-to-eat-everything’ day but the Sunday it was not a problem to eat moderately, so there’s a bit of sea-sawing going on (I think that’s a teeter-totter in US speak). So far today I haven’t needed my snacks (a small apple and 10gm almonds) and it’s after 7 pm so I’ve decided I don’t need them! Progress?? I hope so, although someone on here said they find the first fast day of the week easier and that would be my experience too. Unfortunately I have to fast again on Wednesday due to food-laden commitments on Thursday. This happened in week one and I think it was tougher than having 2 days between.
    I bought some of the zero-noodles LittleL, but completely forgot to cook them tonight. They look so odd in their packet of water – advice on-line suggested either just drain and add to whatever your eating, or boil them for 2-3 minutes and they bulk up… I’m liking that idea πŸ™‚
    Will try them on Wednesday and let you know if they are as filling as the hype would suggest.
    Good luck for tomorrow for all those starting out ~Ensitu~

Ah Zero noodles. Where do I start. I left them until the end of the day and had them with miso soup and a courgette. Big NoNo. Water for your last meal, not a good idea. Now I’m going to bed hungry, as I’ve used up the calories. Eat them with protein and you should be fine. Roll on breakfast x

Oh dear!! Sorry to hear that LittleL, and here I was getting all excited… How did you prepare them? More importantly, what did they taste like πŸ™‚
    I survived yesterday very well (I always go to bed hungry on fast days but figure that’s to be expected) but I’m alway amazed at how I never wake up hungry. That kicks in about now (10:30ish)so in addition to my 2 eggs for breakfast at 7 am I’ve just had a banana and 10gm of almonds… time to hit the water bottle and wait for the hunger to pass.
    Happy fasting everyone, and looking forward to hearing how day 1 went for new fasters
    ~Ensitu~

Oh no, LittleL that is a shame, I too was getting excited about them, i’ll still give them a go.

Ensitu, if you are fasting today, best of luck! πŸ™‚

I did my third fast day successfully yesterday and I too am amazed how I don’t wake up hungry after a day of fasting. Just goes to show, if your not eating, your body doesn’t know what its missing!

Update on the scales, I appear to have lost 6 pounds and an inch from my bust and waist which I’m thrilled about, I can’t quite believe it but I think I will properly start to believe it when I get below 10st. Feeling lighter and happier every day! πŸ™‚

Well done n4 that’s fantastic, I have only lost a pound but I have lost 2 1/2 inchs off my tummy so pleased with that. I will probably have to be satisfied with measurement loss a lot of the time because I’m weight training too and hopefully building muscle.
    Don’t let me put you guys off the noodles. I’m sure if you have them with protein there a good choice. I’m learning, it’s ok! They taste a bit rubbery. I will give them another go.
    Ensitu maybe you shoul eat breakfast later so you don’t go to bed hungry. I wonder why it is that we don’t wake up hungry???

My first day… the morning and lunch are gone and so far so good! I havent felt hungry at all… but I usually get hungry at night time… So far I have had the following:

Breakfast- Green Smoothie with Pea Protein ( 1/2 cucumber, handful of spinach, 1/2 lemon, 15g of pea protein)94 cal.

Snack – 1/2 sultana bread toast 26cal

Lunch – 2 cups of steam veggies with 3 spoons of beans 170 cal
    1 ginger candy – 16 cal.

Planning to have some mexican beans (just with cumin) and some more steamed veggies for dinner ….

Thanks LittleL and well done on your losses too! That’s great πŸ™‚ what kind of weight training are you doing?

I’m going to try and go to the gym this evening, so far I have not managed to do it on a fast day but I’m hoping I can have the resolve to get myself there this evening. p.s, I’ve lost another pound!

Well done Handpickedvegan, you fast day food sounds really yummy! Great that your not feeling too hungry its a real motivator when the hunger isn’t as bad as you anticipate.

Good luck everyone that’s fasting today and happy hump day πŸ™‚

Hello all. I’ve just started a couple of weeks pre-holiday 5:2ing. Although I don’t have a huge amount of weight to lose, I’ve been indulging more than usual this summer and want to go away feeling my best! My first fast day was on Monday, and then again today.

I find I have to have something in the morning – breakfast has always been my favourite meal of the day and to not have something first thing feels like proper punishment! This week I’ve had a couple of fruit and vegetable smoothies, but in future I’m going to go for chopped apple with a little natural yoghurt and some almonds. I don’t know why I didn’t just do that this week, as I have that all in and I know that protein is a filler. I also have a cup of decaf tea with semi-skim milk in the morning.

Lunch is the easiest meal for me to miss, as I work in the middle of nowhere and there is no canteen. If you don’t bring food with you there isn’t any to be had! I’m still a bit unsure with regard to fruit and herbal teas, though. Are these ‘free’, so to speak? Great, if so. Something warming in the afternoon would be a treat.

Dinner on Monday, and tonight, is a pot of roasted vegetable pasta sauce, in lieu of soup. I actually eat this instead of soup as standard, as I find so many soups dissatisfying. This is purely roasted vegetables with a little oil and basil. On Monday I finished off with a few raspberries and a little natural yoghurt, and tonight will have a couple of oatcakes with almond and peanut butter.

Happy hump day, indeed!

Hi there. Good luck to all on the fasting. As an alternative I have my 600 calories on the Mon and on the Wed just water, as I find eating anything can make you more hungry and also no worrying about what to eat!. Really working for me folks, 12 pounds in 4 weeks and I was only 20 pound over
    Happy days…

Hi All, Nice to read other peoples experiences of starting out on this change of life style. i started on 3rd August and have completed my 3rd fast day. Lost 3 lb the first week but have a long way to go needing to lose at least 30 lb in total.I find it easier to not eat all day during the fast days and eat a reasonable normal meal in the evening with plently of salad and lean meat or fish. Drink water all day and have to have a cup of coffee with low fat milk first thing. That seems to be manageable for me.

Well done melcov, sounds like you have got off to a good start. I too prefer not to eat until the evening, that way I don’t feel like I have to have a really small dinner and I don’t much miss food during the day providing I have enough different flavours to keep me interested and enough work to keep me busy!

I drink lots of fruit teas,black coffee, sugar free squash, and lots of water, seems to be enough variation. If I am feeling hungry I drink a cup of veggie bouillon, tastes like soup so I guess it fools my brain!

good luck for your next fast! πŸ™‚

Hi All and welcome to you Handpicked,Kate,ibacchus and melcof and well done on such a great start to fasting.
    I survived yesterday but it was probably my toughest day so far (day #2 week 3). I was REALLY, REALLY hungry all day and the evening was murderous… Added the zero noodles (weird) last night but had great trouble falling asleep and staying asleep because of the hunger. It might have something to do with having fasted on Monday and having a light day Tuesday (just didn’t feel overly hungry) but who knows? I’m sure every day will be different as we are so dynamic.
    I’ve lost 4.6 kg so far which is awesome (about 9lbs) but I’m needing to lose a LOT so it’s common to lose so much early on. Just need to be prepared to go slow over the long haul. Was thrilled last week to find my total cholesterol was down to 3.9 from 4.9 – the latter was okay I know, but the latest result is even better πŸ™‚ and my ratio was awesome too!
    Wishing you all happy fasting (or the stamina to survive when needed).
    ~Ensitu~

Hi everyone, nearly the weekend!!

Well done ensitu, sounds like it was a tough day but you did it! Fab losses so far, 9 pounds is a real achievement. I think I may just give the Zero noodles a miss as lots of people have bees saying they are weird.

I measured myself yesterday and I have lost another inch and 1/2 off of my waist and 1 inch off of everything else. My dresses are starting to feel a little looser which is nice but I had the sudden panic this morning that my weight is going to slow down/ stop.

Like you said ensitu, just need to keep the end goal in mind and prepare for slow and steady losses. I’m also finding exercise during the week a bit of a problem at the moment as I get the the end of the day on my fast days and can’t quite seem to make myself do anything.

I walk to the train station each day,(20 mins each way) and swim on a Sunday and run on a Saturday but I can’t help feeling like I’m not doing enough!

How does everyone else fit exercise in?

Happy fast/ non fast days!

N4 πŸ™‚

Hello everyone, and hello to the latest 5.2ers! Well done Ensitu 9lbs is a massive achievement you must be thrilled. I had 16 pounds to lose in all so I know my weight loss will be slow plus I’m a small person. Apparently it takes small petite women the longest to lose weight-I hope not too long! I may start a new blog to see how other small women do on this diet.
    Well done to everyone who manages to last a whole day without eating. I find it too hard and my toddler really wears me out!!!
    N4 I am doing 3 days weight training and 2 days HIT. I avoid HIT on my fast days because I feel too weak. I do what’s called 3 x supersets with my weight training. If you can build muscle you will burn fat even faster.

Happy weekend eating to you all (I LOVE the weekends!).
    This weekend I’m not craving food like a mad thing (probably to much information but turns out I was in PMS-land…). I’m out for dinner tonight (which will make 3 nights in a row) which is always a challenge but I’ve been doing designated driver duties far more often than is my want, just so I have an excuse not to overdo the alcohol πŸ™‚

N4 – so glad the clothes are feeling looser – that’s always a nice place to be! LittleL I’m sure the weight will come off – at the end of the day it is a numbers game so if we get the numbers right it will have to come off! When I joined this site I wrote down a great quote “A year from now you’ll be glad you started TODAY” and it’s so true – how often I’ve looked back and thought “If I’d just keep going!!”

About exercise… I’ve always, always struggled to keep active (I suspect I was a walrus in a previous life) but the diagnosis of hypertension has scared me. I’m trying to fit at least two 1 km swims/week, as well as increasing the pace of my walk to and from the train (15 minutes each way) but not a great deal more as yet. One of my issues is not wanting to get injured while still so heavy (2 dodgy knees). I’m trying to get out of my office more often for a walk around my floor and occasionally will go up a few flights of stairs and down again (all the while trying not to scare those upstairs by sounded like the breathless fat lady about to have a heart attack πŸ˜‰ ).

It’s hard to believe I’m heading into week 4 of fasting. And that I’ve lost significant weight without feeling like I’m being starved. I’m obviously being more ‘careful’ on non-fast days without really realising it and being such an emotional eater this is quite an achievement – frankly it’s quite exciting!
    ~Ensitu~

Hi there lovelies!
    I’m starting 5:2 today. My fast days will be Mondays and Thursdays!!

Hello! I just weighed myself – not the most fun I’ve ever had! Still, first fast day is Tuesday. I fluctuate between being excited at the possibility of how this new way of eating could benefit me (and how nice it will be to wear summer skirts again comfortably!) and being terrified of how organised I’m going to need to be! Looking forward to being inspired by you all!

Good luck Ladylumps and Foodle. It’s a great feeling when you notice changes after only a week. Let us know how you get on.

Hello all & well done on your progress, I admire your commitment!

Me? well I keep starting and stopping! over the years I have lost weight with both weight watchers and slimming world ( life time member of both )

I have never been more than 3 stone over weight, probably because I kept rejoining one group or the other but I obviously revert back to old habits as I’ve been “slimming” for about 36 years!

I rarely bother with deserts/chocolate or pastries, though I do love ice cream but don’t crave it so one portion every couple of days is enough, my problem is mostly the booze! a bottle of wine a night became a habit which I am trying to give up.

I have only managed one fast day and then got bored the whole counting calories thing, so I’m starting again today.

I’m living in Turkey at the moment and it’s very hot so I have no problem going with out food until mid afternoon as I just don’t fancy eating.
    there’s not much choice of ready prepared stuff so meals at home are all home made.

Sorry for rambling but I’m thinking if I start to contribute instead of lurking ( I enjoy reading your posts) maybe I will have more success.

Just Joined
    Will start fast day on Monday and then choose Thursday – hoping all goes well.

It will be an interesting way of managing food.

its been the end of an interesting 1st week – a bit different as on holiday – well not at work and away overnight which meant eating out and then english breakfast – just as well these were not my fasting days…. But despite this I still managed to lose just under 2lb in this week whereas Mr TB managed to put 2 lb on… the fasting days were not as bad as I thought . I am getting into peppermint tea as I soon use up my milk allowance for the day but its quite good and a different alternative to drinking alcohol in the evening… Here’s to FD3 tomorrow and Thursday this week. Good luck to all of you guys newly started. Cheers everyone.

One more “starter” today πŸ™‚ tried last week but was not strong enough πŸ™ i love food and cooking and the social side of it. But – I can’t get rid of the last 2 kilos after pregnancy. Sitting on my belly and refuses to go away.
    Well – just had my 200kcal lunch and feels ok. Do you count calories on your non-fast days? And try to stay within your 2000kcal limit?

Welcome to you ladylumps, Foodie, pattysparkle, (that has to be a Strictly Ballroom reference πŸ™‚ ) Jeepster, tubsybean & Asia and any other new fasters (and lurkers out there πŸ˜‰

Well done tubsybean on losing while on holiday! And no Asia, I don’t count calories of non-fast days, and I think that’s part of the charm for me as long as I don’t go nuts (I pretty much know the calorie content of every food anyway so maybe I’m doing it unconsciously!).

At the tail end of a fast day now and I’m not doing too bad – I have to confess it’s still a little bit mysterious to me how I can manage to fast 2 days a week (not easy by any means, but doable) when I have been bothered by the whole deprivation-thing around dieting for years. Have decided not to analyse it and just go with it, but at the end of a fast day, when I’ve only had my ‘fast food’, I’m a little gobsmacked to say the least :-0

All the best, ~Ensitu~

Thanks, ~Ensitu~, that’s good to hear that one doesn’t have to go crazy with the calorie count, as long as one stays rational, i guess πŸ˜‰ btw, do you experience headaches during fast days? I’m struggling with one and wonder if it’s just a coincidence, lack of liquids or my body’s reaction to calorie restriction..

Hi,
    I’m a newbie too. Thanks for the Calorie King info. I’ve just downloaded it.

Hi Started today and going well so far. Not feeling very hungry so that’s good. Made my son lunch without picking.

Hello all, thanks so much for your lovely messages! Had to change my fast day so have fasted today. It’s been pretty tough but once my stomach shrinks it won’t feel so bad! I just made the most delicious beef stir fry! Could have eaten it 4 times! The best thing is, it will all be fine in the morning! Have mentally scheduled in garlic mushrooms on toast for breakfast – am very excited! Hurrah! Next fast day is Wednesday! Keep up the good work everyone! Thanks again for the support!

Hi everyone!

Newbies- Good luck with all of your fasts, I’m interested to know how your first few days/ weeks are going. I’m about to start fast no.5 tomorrow and actually looking forward to it as I feel like I need to hit the reset button for my body.

The weekend was not too bad but I do find on non- fast days I am probably eating a bit more than I should, nothing major but I just don’t seem able to eat until I am just full and stop. I will finish what’s on my plate (which isn’t a huge portion) but cant listen to my body when it says I’m full. Something to work on anyway!

I hope there is some inch/ weight loss this week and I’d love to know how everyone else is getting on.

Good luck to everyone fasting tomorrow πŸ™‚

N4

Hello there. I have the same problem N4. I am keeping to my fast days ok but I am definately eating more on my non fast days as way of a treat I think in my mind. I feel I deserve it after fasting. I am also being more liberal with naughty things too. Again I feel to ‘treat myself’ My partner said to only allow myself treats at the weekend or I won’t notice any weight loss soon. Hmmm I will find out today when I do my weigh in.

As Ensitu said the point of this diet is to not count calories on your normal eating days just eat what you usually eat and Michael said you can even have a bit of cake. However be warned newbies and don’t do what I’m doing which is overindulging at weekends. I wish I had not read that!!!
    There is no point in being so strict with yourself on fast days then overindulging the rest of the time. maybe this is where the fast beach diet comes In.
    Another reason this is happening is because I’m sure I heard the the scientist on the horizon documentary the one who took Michael out for something to eat on his feast day say he could literally eat anything in fact I think she took him to a ‘fast’ food restaurant [excuse the pun]. This is going around my mind on non fast days.
    Can anyone enlighten me?

Hi N4M11S,

I’m also probably eating way too much on my non fast days but I am a newbie too and this is only my second week. That said, I have already lost 3lbs in weight which I’m very happy with. I don’t eat anything at all on my fast days. I find this works for me but I will begin having 500 cals a day on my fast days when I get to the point where I’m maintaining my weight and not trying to lose it.

I am however, going to cut down and eat more sensibly on my feast days because I really don’t see how I can possibly continue to lose weight on my current calorie consumption. Keep us posted as to how you get on.

P.S. I look forward to fast days too. I get a real buzz from it. πŸ™‚ Today is my 4th πŸ™‚

Hi LittleL, I think your right, i’m sure she did say it didn’t matter if you had high fat hight carb diet on the non fast days.

Seems a little counter-intuitive to me to be honest but I guess I just have to try not to get too bogged down with it.

I was on a course today with lots of strangers and it was a fast day. I had a coffee with them at lunch and it felt strange not eating but it actually wasn’t actually that big a deal. I was really hungry so I got a latte because there wasn’t the opportunity to keep drinking/ having hot drinks to curb my hunger. I’m going to have a normal dinner tonight, not going to beat myself up over not exactly sticking to 500 calories- today was unusual but I think I managed well given the circumstances!

Be interesting to see if I have lost any weight by the end of this week!

Ok so on this website it clearly says”success depends on NOT overeating on your normal days” common sense really. Sometimes I have to see it in print. Guess what no weight loss this week for me. Kind of figures!

I’m afraid I’ve been making the same mistake. I’m going to try really hard now. I don’t eat anything at all on fast days without any problem at all but then I eat far too much on my none fast days.

Hello all, and welcome Still29 and Amanda J – hope the first fast days are going well or went well πŸ™‚

Asia, no I don’t get headaches on fast days, and I’m not fanatical about water (I should probably drink more but too busy at work most days). I do suffer from migraines though but fasting hasn’t made that any worse. I get a bit dizzy too, but fasting has coincided with starting meds for high BP so it’s more likely to be that I suspect.

Foodie – yum -I’m thinking garlic mushrooms will be just the go for breakfast tomorrow. One of the things that works for me is knowing that tomorrow I can eat well and have yummy food – its about not feeling deprived day in and day out, the way I have on regular diets.

N4 & LittleL – I have had similar issues as you know, and I think the answer is to acknowledge the cravings and accept that it’s going to affect weight loss. Going into this I swore I wasn’t going to obsess about weight but I have to confess that for me it’s inevitable. Staying honest about what I’m putting in my mouth is perhaps one way of avoiding the denial/self-sabotage that I am so good at, and also trying to be kinder to myself when I do make a choice I later regret – which on the weekends is quite often πŸ˜‰ . Well done N4 on managing the work meeting though, this happens often in my work too, so I’ve had to find ways around it too.

Model – good for you enjoying fast days! I wish I could say I enjoy them. I have to say that there is a certain sense of calm & control that I enjoy, but mostly they are just hard work.

I’m heading to South East Asia on the weekend for a work trip for several weeks and after a month of fasting this will be my first big challenge – wish me luck. Internet might be a bit dodgy in some parts of some countries, so not sure how often I’ll be able to log in.

Keep up the good work everyone ~Ensitu~

Good luck on Sunday my first fast day will be Tuesday (I Hope)

Have a great work trip Ensitu, Good luck with the fast diet out there I’m sure it will be challenging, but you can do it. Just keep starting again if you fall off the wagon. That’s what it’s all about.

Hi everyone,

Today is my second fast day and boy do I want to eat!! Yesterday I managed to stick to my calorie intake (I think it felt about right anyway) and I haven’t put any weight on despite drinking a whole bottle of wine with friends the night before (got a bit carried away).

The first fast I did this week was not as strict as I would have liked it to be but today I’m doing it properly. I’m thinking up something yummy to eat for dinner today as we’ve run out of food in the house and I do not want to fall into the ” oh lets just get a take away, I can’t be bothered to cook’ trap!

Good luck to everyone else fasting!

Hi N4M11S,
    The fast days do get easier! I was the same, found the first 3-4 fast days hard, especially around 4pm…but now, I can go all day without eating, I tend to save my 500cals for dinner and fuel up on water, coffee and Coke zero throughout the day. I never usually drink fizzy drinks, but I find they bloat me out. I could probably go all day without food, but think it wise to eat at least 1 meal. Has anyone else gone a whole fast day without food? I guess this goes against the 500 cal principle of the plan…

Hi LinC27,

I do exactly the same thing as you, eating smaller meals during the day makes it too hard for me, so I just eat a normal meal in the evening. Has worked well so far!

I think I need to get some other diet drinks though as I am getting bored of coke zero. It does fill me up at lunch time and although fizzy drinks are not great for you, they give me something to look forward to in the middle of the day.

Fasting is starting to feel more natural now though which is nice, it just doesn’t feel like a diet! one of my colleagues commented on the fact that my face looked slimmer today so that’s nice!

Still not cracked the exercise thing but I’m getting there a bit at a time. Just got my insanity DVD back I leant to my dad so I’ll see if I can persevere with that!…. PAIN but its only 20 mins. πŸ™‚

Thank you for all your supportive comments – it’s so good to know that others are behind you!

Welcome all new starters! I’ve now done 2 fast days and have done my first weigh in – only lost 1lb but that includes 2 birthday dinners out, so I don’t feel too bad. Also, my fat percentage thingy has come down almost 5%, bringing me within touching distance of an acceptable level.

I’m using the My Fitness app but it has my daily calorie allowance down as being about 1300, not the 2000 quoted by the Fast Diet, which is confusing. I’m working at a festival today so will only get to eat breakfast (at home) and dinner. I had a big bacon sandwich breakfast and have put it into my app and it says that (along with my glass of milk!) I’m nearly at my 1300 allowance for today! Need to trust the Fast Diet, I guess!

I really need this to work – if this doesn’t work I don’t know what will!

Keep up the great work, everyone!

Are you saying that the fasting diet has your TDEE at 2000? If so go with that. People tend to misunderstand MFP. 1300 is too low if you are overweight.

My goodness i’im almost at goal and eating 1450 per day and still losing weight, especially on this 5:2 diet.

I have used mfp and had no trouble with it but i think people must overestimate their activity levels or something. And then on mfp you are expected to add some calories for your exercise you are doing it to the baseline 1300. So i suspect you didn’t put the right info in. Ie you told it you wanted to lose 2 pounds a week which may be too much to expect. Anyway they seem to work differently.

Hi Foodle,

I think that 1300 is the amount of calories you should eat each day if you want to loose weight as that creates a calorie deficit over the whole week. Your TDEE is the amount you should be able to eat each day to maintain your weight. When you fast you are essentially condensing your restricted calories you wouldn’t have eaten if you were eating 1300 per day to create the same amount of weight loss. Hope that make sense/ helps πŸ™‚

P.s jumped on the scales this morning and lost 2lbs his week, yay! That’s 8.2 pounds in 3/4 weeks!

N4 the maths might work out but all she has to do to lose weight is eat less than her TDEE every day of the week. She doesn’t have to create a big deficit on non-fast days.

I just did some calcs based on her TDEE being 1800 and fasting days at 500, and it means she can still easily eat a little over 1400 to be equivalent calories as the 1300 daily but i think the calorie reduction is too big.

My TDEE is currently 1500, i’m eating 1450 on non-fast days and still losing weight at a good rate. Why eat less than you have to.

Oh dear, looks like the thread has died in the last 3 weeks πŸ™ I’m back in Aust. after 3 weeks away during which I did no fasting at all – I was planning to, but it just didn’t work out that way :-). The good news is I only put on 600gm of the almost 6 kg I’d lost over the first 4 weeks of fasting, so very happy with that. I’ve found it very hard to get back into the fasting however, Tuesday was tough and today is hideous, but I’m determined to get to bed time without a bust. After all, I have the choice I started with, basically, in a year from now will I be glad I started when I did, or will I be sad I didn’t persevere?

It would be great to hear from those of you on this thread 3 weeks ago, or perhaps just let me know which thread you’ve ‘migrated’ to and I’ll join you there. Cheers, Ensitu ~

Hi Ensitu… thank for revitalising this thread, i’ve not been coming on the website for a while, keep meaning too but progress has seemingly ground to a hault in some ways but not others so I have been avoiding it!

Sounds like you did really well and have been sensible while you were away. Well done for having the resolve to start with the fasting again. I’m feeling like I want to give up despite my loss being 10.2 pounds! I think I have been feeling a bit negative about it all but hopefully reaching out might help spur me on!

So since I last checked in, my weight has been up down up down and everything in between. I’m still going down on the scales but the inches are not shifting. My jawline is becoming slightly more defined but I can say there has been any other shift, I had got stuck at 160 for what seemed like an eternity then finally I went down to 155 last week.

the honeymoon period is officially over, now the had work begins!

Any words of encouragement or words of wisdom? Is anyone else not seeing inch loss but seeing scale losses? I’d love to know!

N4 x

We’ve had such an influx of newbies lately and i’m just about over it. I am usually on the southern hemisphere thread. Its really obvious that everyone’s attracted to this diet because they think its going to be easier than any other diet. In fact, its just about much the same as any other diet, except for the bit about fasting. lol.

I mean there’s nothing wrong with lots of newbies but it is dawning on me that most people just do not know how to diet, despite have done so much dieting. And its starting to frustrate the daylights out of me.

ensitu, the thread died because you went on holiday. Now that you are back you should join the aussie crowd over at that bulging southern hemisphere thread. Interesting that you are struggling to get back in it after a break. I think a break while travelling is completely to be expected. I am hoping to travel next year and i can’t see how i could do fast while on a cycling tour of japan!. But i do hope to resume when i get back. Since you’ve come back to the site you must be serious about continuing. So you will get there.

N4 on the other hand is close to giving up. But for no good reason.

Negativity will kill a diet. You must remain optimistic and patient. And build your knowledge and become more observant and more experimental. Read more. Try different things. See how others cope. See what advice other people give to this and that problem.

I can’t really offer any more words of advice because you haven’t really told us what we need to know. And i know i’m not being as kind as you need me to be but i am quite buggered out with giving the same advice over and over again and then people doing the complete opposite.

case in point chicitagitita on the southern hemisphere said last week that she was fasting three days this week and doing all sorts of exercise and her weight is stuck. I told her to eat more and not to fast more than 2 days a week and to cut back on the exercise . She came back to saying she is now fasting 4 days a week and her weight hasn’t budged!!! I asks you. Why are people so stupid!

Sorry i’ve let my frustration out here instead of over there on that thread.

Pattience:

I don’t believe that people who do not follow your advice are stupid.

Would you like to reconsider your comment, and, perhaps, the underlying assumption in your comment that your advice is always correct?

Hi N4 and Insitu, I’ve commenced this week and would love to work in with you both (and any others in here). I’ve looked at the southern hemisphere thread and find it too much for me, I prefer a smaller grouping as I find that more supportive than the larger groups where you don’t really get to “know” each other quickly. My FD’s this week were Tuesday and Saturday (tomorrow). I am not wanting to weight myself each day as I know from many, many experiences that our weight will fluctuate not only throughout the day but each day as well, which is why, for me, only weighing once per week on a regular day/morning is best. I know of others who find it better for them to weigh daily so it’s a personal choice as is how we move through this journey πŸ™‚

[post removed]

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 158 total)

You must be logged in to reply.