Start today any tips will be appreciated

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Start today any tips will be appreciated

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mrssmbarry 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hi Everyone,

I’ve been reading everyone’s posts for the last two days and its really motivated me to start.
    Im a serial dieter and can never keep it up, but im hoping this time its different i have a good feeling about this.
    I have over 6 stone to lose so it will be a long journey but any loss will be appreciated as the scales keep going up everyday so it will be nice to see them go down for a change.
    I have started today on a fast day! so far so good! i woke up late and had my morning cup of tea.
    will try go for a walk to pass the time and then decide what i should have once im back.
    what kind of meals are you having to keep withing 500cals?

anyone joined at the same time? would you like to buddy up to keep each other motivated.

Hi Sabz!
    Today is my first fast day too! After spending many hours yesterday reading posts on the forum, and watching the Eat, Fast and Live Longer doc the day before, I am so ready for this! It’s early days yet, but I think this program is great because on days when I have nothing going on I can fast, and I can schedule the 2 fasting days whenever it is easiest each week. Any programs in the past that required a commitment EVERY SINGLE DAY were too hard to for me stick to, but this is great.

Just spent about an hour slowly drinking my morning coffee, and looking forward to having a poached egg on toast for lunch. Not sure on the specifics yet, but I’m planning on having some type of spinach, tomato and peppers dish for dinner. Will have to figure out how to do that later while keeping within the 300 cals I’ll have left.

Good luck!!

Hey ALEXANDRADS22 yes i agree the committing to everyday is also difficult for me, i will watch what i eat on my up days but at least i know i wont have to cut out everything every day.
    so far I’ve had 182 calories – so I have 318 calories left and i need to work out a well planned meal which will fill me up.
    I also walked for over 5miles I will add exercise In most days.
    Im feeling positive so lets see how it goes. my next down day will be tuesday now.

good luck!

thanks Simcoeluv i will have a read

Hi, I started the 5/2 today – 3rd August. I’m aiming to lose at least 10 lb.

I started today again too. I am doing the Fast Beach 6 week diet. It’s pretty grim, but really works. I did it last year for the summer and lost just under a stone. Basically, lots of exercise, no alcohol at all unless you can’t stick it and being pretty tough on your non-fast days. Minimal meat, protein from fish, loads of veg etc. Pretty common sense really, but you have to be really tough with yourself. Give it a go – if nothing else, it kick starts you into a normal 5:2 when the 6 weeks is up. You can get the book on kindle.

I don’t think the Beach Diet is what I’m looking for.

I’ve lost weight successfully in the past by using calorie counting and food journalling. But, the big disadvantage for me is that it takes time, and I tend to get obsessed by it, and neglect other areas of my life. I’m hoping that the 5/2 will enable me to lose weight at the same pace as a food journalling diet, but without the daily grind of recording everything I eat.

Good point – it’s not for everyone and I only do it in the summer because I’m a teacher and have a great big long break to concentrate on what I’m putting in/ not putting in each day. Good luck with the 5:2. It’s much easier to eat one meal in the evening I find and, big tip – don’t go mad on the non fast days!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.