skipping (jump rope) yay or nay???

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MaryAnn 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Wondering if anyone has tried skipping as exercise and if so how has it changed your body? I have very fat calves (along with other areas!!!!) And want to know if it’ll slim em down or bulk em up 🙁 lol

Rope skipping is a great exercise for burning fat, particularly if you do it in a HIT fashion. It doesn’t build muscle so it won’t change your calf size other than helping to burn fat all over your body. It is also a great cardio vascular exercise.

Thanks diverdog. I’ve heard its better than running but I fear my knees\ankles will suffer…. I’ll try it for a while and see 🙂

I like doing HIT style exercise on a spin bike because it is very low impact on the joints and it is easy to regulate heart rate intensity by speed and resistance

I HIT on the elliptical for the same reason. I bruised my tail bone on the exercise bike when I tried HIT on that. TBH, though, I’m a bit injury prone for some reason…

My neighbor skips rope on his deck in the morning to stay fit. He told me about this in case I could hear it. He looks very fit!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.