Secret Slimming!

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Dragon Fly 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• Hi all 🙂

Today is my first fast (but third attempt at 5:2 after couple of false starts)
    It’s been all right but I can’t wait to get to bed so breakfast comes sooner!

Last time I did this I gave up after 1 week as I’d put a pound on, probably because I was over-eating on my feast days. But this time will be different!

I called my post Secret Slimming because I’m the girl that’s on a new diet every day, my bf is fed up of my constantly going on about it, and colleagues laugh at me for it. So this is my little project and no one will know until they can see a difference! I will not talk negatively about my body to them or mention dieting or weight loss…gosh I’ll have to think about something else to talk about!

I am aiming to keep a food diary every day and to eat healthily on my non-fast days- lately I’ve been trying to reduce the sugar in my diet and I do feel better so that will be a goal as will eating more fresh food. I don’t want to ruin all my hard work on my days off.

Starting at 10 stone 7 aiming for around 9 stone 12.

Wish me luck, I’m off to catch up on your stories 🙂

Hi lasttenpunds and well done on your determination. I’m sure your right that you will achieve you weight loss on this WOL. Just remember every fast day is just one day, if you don’t have a great day there is always tomorrow and even if the scales don’t move as quickly as you like you are doing good things for your body by fasting. Make sure you take all your body measurements regularly, even if the scales don’t move one week you will be amazed at your changing shape.

Good luck.

Hi lastenpounds! I’m totally new to this forum, I just registered a moment ago, but I really like your post and am exactly the same as you with regards to keeping it a secret. I intend to do the same, and wait for peoples reactions! Good luck 🙂 I am starting properly tomorrow, and am ready to kick ass in December! We can do this 🙂 🙂 🙂 Take care

Thanks jenklar and dragon fly, I survived fast one and it wasn’t too bad. I’m trying hard not to eat everything in sight today but I feel skinnier already and keep telling myself not to ruin my hard work. Got a party tomorrow night but will try and not eat much during the day to limit the damage. Next fast day is Monday. Good luck! We can do this indeed!

Well done on completing day one … Its my first fast day today! Have fun at the party … Stay strong! I love that there is support here. Makes me so much more positive to do this. Weighed myself this morning … Not good.

Dragon Fly, good luck on your first fast day; just starting (and staying at the 5:2 WOE) will be a benefit for your health and weight, so don’t look back, look ahead!

Thank you Ann247! I’m doing okay so far today and just plan fish and salad later. Hope your having a good day. Stay positive and thanks so much for the support x

Hello all,

I have tried many ways of losing weight and have done so successfully only to put it all back on ( and a little more!)! My husband is probably fed up with the number of diets I have done and friends fed up with me going on about my weight! I do not have a lot to lose (between 8 and 10 pounds would be good) but am also happy for inches to go rather than weight as I do exercise between 6-8 times a week! I am starting tomorrow and hoping that I get support and motivation from this site! Will keep you updated! 🙂

Hi Im reaally the same as you 4thelasttime ive tried all diets out there. but none sustainable. Im interested to find how u get on. Im on my 4th week headin into 5th week tomorrow with my fast day. I feel much better on this and not as bloated this week. No scales but feel my clothes fit better, will weigh in soon, good luck..

Thank you bigmarie. I will let you know how I survive tomorrow! I am going to fast on a Monday and Wednesday. Am hoping that these posts will keep me going! You have done well heading into your fifth week! What have you found most difficult? Am worried that I may stuff my face the day after fasting! Will try not to!! Good luck to you too!

Hi 4thelasttime, good luck tomorrow. Find the most difficult thing is from 7 pm onwards..i usually log on then to this forum to keep motivated and head to bed early with a rooibus tea as it helps with sleep and its caffine free. Will ceck in again tomorrow evening..

Thank you bigmarie. Also forgot to ask you if you save your 500 cals for the evening meal or do you have breakfast and dinner?

Well I survived the day! Not as bad as I thought it would be! Looking forward to breakfast tomorrow though

well done 4thelasttime, It gets easier, today was really easy 4 me, i couldnt believe it! Feel no hunger headin to bed. I skip breky have lunch @ 1.30 circa 130 cals and the rest in the evening circa 7pm. I count the cals on myfitness pal and drink loads of water and tea. Rooibus in the evening. Njoy Brecky!!

Wow, I am a newbie and will follow this one too- trying to work up to that FIRST FAST on Thursday…..fingers crossed!
    hang in there everyone, love the support that is already out on these pages 🙂

Hi everyone! Hope you’re all doing okay 🙂 I’ve had two really successful fast days now, and feel better already! I am also trying to motivate myself to move about more. I went for a long walk yesterday, and feel so positive right now. I’m on an eat normal day today, but dont actually feel too hungry yet. I will probably keep my cals as low as I can, but its so nice to know I can eat more if I need to. Have a good day everyone! You are amazing 🙂 x

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply.