Sceptical but raring to go!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Amber8884 8 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hey!

On my very first day (and very first fast day) and really not sure what to expect. I’m 4″11 and about 10st 10 and a size 12/14. Really want to loose some weight ready for being a bridesmaid in March. The problem I’ve had in the past is that I have a back injury and haven’t been able to exercise.

Heard about this from a friend but not sure what kind or results I should expect (if any) as I can’t exercise. I’ve always found it really hard to lose weight. I’m determined to stick with this but would appreciate any tips or advice?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome aboard, GracieLou.

You will find lots of valuable advice here. You will also find lots of nonsense advice, myriad excuses for failure, and much searching for any magic bullet that doesn’t involve eating less.

Intermittent fasting is simple and it works. It can’t fail to if done properly. The less you eat, the more you lose but you will still need a modicum of willpower.

Good luck!

Thanks. I’m going to stick to it, reading some of these threads has made me determined to get myself the same kind of results as some of the others on here! Green tea seems to be getting me through today quite nicely.. Quite excited to weigh in next week ha!

Hi Gracie and welcome:

Here is all you need to know about being successful on 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Given your short stature, you will probably lose at a rate a little less than average (because of your low TDEE). You will just have to take a little longer and be a bit more patient.

Good Luck!

Hi GracieLou, Best wishes on your first Fast Day! How is it going?
    I have a chronic illness that is exacerbated by exercise, and yet I have found 5:2 works really well for me. It is easiest when you take the long term view, and just enjoy losing weight as your body does it. But March is four months away, and in the last four months I have done a lot of throwing out clothes as they got too loose. Cheers

Hi Cinque

My first fast day went fairly smooth.. Think I drank my body weight in water mind as I was just so thirsty all day. Fasting again tomorrow so fingers crossed that goes as well.

I’m glad to hear it’s working so well for you, hoping it does the same for me ha! It’s going to be so hard not to weigh myself until Monday!

Thanks!

Hey,

I did my first weeks weigh in this morning and found that I’d lost 3lbs! Not a massive drop but better than I thought it would be.. I’m now 66kg which is where I always seem to hover around so hopefully this time next week I’ll be under that.. Keeping everything crossed!

3 lbs is a great result Gracie. Congratulations ✨
    Cheers for another good week!

Hi GracieLou. How has your back been? I suffer from pretty bad scoliosis so I understand bad pain, especially when exercising. The number one thing for me is trying to pay attention to my posture. That makes a huge difference. I’m also a huge fan of cold therapy. Anytime I overdo it, I through my back ice pack on. I love it. When exercising, make sure and warm up really well before. I’m a fan of a wrap called the BFST (as per previous posts). I recommend it to everyone. It promotes blood flow so it’s a great thing to do before exercising and area that is either prone to injury or already injured. I’ve used the foot one to heal my plantar fasciitis and metatarsalgia and my ex used the wrist one to heal his carpal tunnel. All great things! The back info on the site is very interesting. It will help anything that is soft tissue related. All the best. http://kingbrand.com/Back_Injury_Treatment.php?REF=46PV30.121

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.