Rules of the diet

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  stephanieefany 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi. Just starting the diet. Eaten last meal and finished at 6, so planning on fasting till 6 tomorrow night. 24 hours. Is that the right way to do the diet???

Hi Angelnina, have a look at this thread, it’ll point you in the right direction

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Hi,
    Have just read the thread, so thanks. It does read like you need to have two nights either side of your 500 calorie day. So technically the way I planned wouldn’t be right.

I just do 24 hours Angelnina1977! I go from 7:30pm to 7:30pm. For me that is quite enough. I started the 5:2 diet about 6 months ago, but stopped due to what can only be described as a punishing work schedule… I tried the 36 hour fast, but it wasn’t great for me. I simply don’t sleep if I am hungry. This time around I’m doing 24 hours straight – but when I break my fast at 7:30 I just have a light vego meal so I still make sure to have 36 hours under about 750 calories. I think this will make it far easier for me to stick to it!

In the original book, it even suggests taking this route particularly at the beginning if you’re unsure you can do the 36 hour fast.

What really drew me to 5:2 is it’s adaptability! You can always try the 36 hours, if you like that then stick to it. Otherwise drop back down to 30, or 24 and see how you go.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.