positive newbie

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sassymatron 9 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• hi to everyone. I have just joined and plan to take my first fast day tomorrow. I have been looking at the forums. what a supportive and inspiring lot you are! if I ever feel down or tempted to pack it in I will look on here for inspiration. I tried one of those weekly classes once but it wasn’t for me. this 5:2 diet seems to make sense, so I am looking forward to getting started tomorrow. here’s to waving goodbye to my muffin top!

Hi, and welcome!! You sound very positive and enthusiastic so I’m sure you’ll do well! 🙂

This is an awesome forum – I’ve definitely benefited from having this wonderful lot here when I’ve felt down, even though I’ve mainly been passively reading through threads. People are so inspiring and helpful 🙂
    Good luck with your first day tomorrow – how do you plan to do it?

X A

Hi Allyfitgirl. I usually start my day with a bowl of fresh fruit and Greek yoghurt and then I have something else if I still feel hungry but I know I get hungry if I have breakfast, about 11.30a.m. strangely I don’t get hungry if I don’t have breakfast! so I am not really expecting any problems on fast days. I drink about 3 pints of water every day and green/black tea.my worst time is evening when I snack on either peanuts or crisps if I feel hungry, so I must make sure I have something to occupy me. I don’t have a lot to lose but I still find it difficult to stay on track. that is why I decided to join this site. I will post as I go along, hoping it will all be positive, no, it will be positive! right frame of mind help. Thanks for welcome, it is nice of you to take time out to welcome me.

Hi all. update on my progress. I seem to have fallen into a pattern of Monday fast, no weight loss, Thursday fast, weight loss. keeping the loss all week. so, I am now under my first target weight! so I am now heading for my healthy optimum weight according to experts. I have lost approx. 4kgs since I joined, but I didn’t have a lot to lose. another 1-2 kgs and I am there! I didn’t find myself getting hungry on the fast days, so I had very little, just something when I felt a bit tired. I did drink plenty of fluids but I always have. so, all in all, it’s been an ideal way of dieting for me, and, most importantly, it works! I have still had what I like on my normal days, so I didn’t feel deprived. to all you out there that might be struggling, I suggest you cut down slightly on your normal days, watch the high calorie foods and move a bit more. you will get there! good luck!

Starting tomorrow wish me luck lol

good luck. I found it much easier to not eat on fast days, or just a little if I felt jaded, rather than those diets where you have to eat sparsely every day. It worked for me so I hope you get the same results. I am currently on a fast day, the first of 3 more fast days I have left before I go to my granddaughters wedding. I am hopeful of shifting another kilogram, but not too worried if I don’t. I actually feel better for not eating every day too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.