PCOS

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  dragonforce84 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• I’m about to start the 5:2 diet, and am interested to hear from anyone who has seen an improvement in PCOS symptoms following IF.

Hi IFnewbie. I’ve been on the diet since mid June, trying to lose weight associated with PCOS. I’ve lost about a stone (14lbs) so far and have about the same amount left to lose. I haven’t seen a change in other symptoms yet (dodgy periods, hairiness), but I primarily want to lose weight in the hope of avoiding developing more serious problems later in life, and I definitely feel better, overall, since starting the diet. As I understand it, it’s still quite unclear what the relationship is between being overweight and other symptoms of PCOS. I do think the PCOS makes weight loss a bit slower than it might otherwise be. Good luck! 🙂

Hi HungrySchmungry – a stone since June is fantastic! I too have a couple of stones to lose. You are right that we lose weight at a slower pace than ‘normal’ people.

Just out of interest, are you restricting your calorie in-take on non-fast days?

Thanks so much for your response!

Hi IFnewbie! Thanks! I’m not *restricting* on non-fast days, exactly, but I have been keeping track of what I’m eating, using the Daily Plate website. I’ve discovered that my appetite has reduced some on the non-fast days, and I’m making better choices naturally. Which is not to say I’ve stopped drinking wine and eating cake. 🙂

hi IFnewbie, my doctor recommended i try the fast diet, as i have PCOS, have not had a period in 5 months, have been on the diet for 2 weeks, and have just got my period! i cannot believe it!!! i usually get terrible pain, moods and heavy periods, and i have noticed a MASSIVE reduction on those syptoms. and only from being on this for 2 weeks. havent lost any weight yet, but already feeling so much better and am so impressed with its impacts!

I’ve got PCOS and as a result I’m mildly insulin resistant. My appetite is usually massive, I eat as much as my body building giant man friend.

I recently got put on Metformin which is a diabetic medication (I don’t have diabetes but have a high risk) it works like a diet pill in that it turns off my brains hunger signals and even without the fasting diet I can sometimes eat 1-2 meals a day and feel ongoing satiety.

I’ve noticed I’m not like other people. My appetite when I’m not fasting or watching what I eat can get easily out of control.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.