OK HANDS UP WHO HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL

This topic contains 19 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Lichtle 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

• I hear a lot of people on here say how excited they are and how well things are going on this 5.2 diet.
    What I want to hear is from people who have been on this for sometime and who have stabilised and are currently still using the two day fasting and are happy with their lot.
    macca

Read the maintenance thread and you’ll find plenty of people who have succeeded.

I’m not at my ‘goal weight’ yet as I’ve been on a plateau since I introduced extra exercise to my regimen in spring but I’ve been doing this since August 2012 and have lost well over 50 lb between then and about March/April this year.

I continue to do 5:2 because I’m confident that eventually the diet will win the battle of wills it is currently having with my infamous ability to not lose weight with exercise but actually (historically) put it on, if anything. I am also more than happy to do it forever just for the numerous health benefits I enjoy, even if I never lose another lb.

In short – this is my lifestyle now – it works!

Hi Macca,

I’m one of those on the maintenance thread, mentioned by Amazon.

In brief though, I’m a 45 year old female, 5ft6ish. I started 5:2 in Jan 14 at 72.4kg. Reached goal (63kg) in April. Carried on losing weight while I worked out how to stop losing weight. I’ve been 59-60kg since early June. Maintained by daily 16 hour fast (I’m not hungry first thing so don’t eat breakfast), with low cal lunch and ‘normal’ evening meal. I can’t even do one proper fast per week without losing more weight, I do mini fasts if I’ve overindulged though.
    I’m really happy with intermittent fasting as a means to achieve weight maintenance and improved health.

Hi Macca!

I have been doing the 5:2 for 4 and a half weeks now. After 2 weeks of 5:2 I have begun 4:3 due to how easy this is to fit into my lifestyle. I have lost 2 kgs and 8cm from my waist and 6cm from my hips. I have lost my mid section bloat, and have done nothing but fast. No excercise, no missing out on foods. My results so far have inspired several friends and family to start this way of life as well. One friend has lost 4 kg’s in 2 weeks using this method.

All the best to you if you decide to take up this lifestyle. Its something that gets easier, not harder as you go on. I have tried so many things in the past and because I only have a small amount (9kgs) to lose I never really saw many results. I have seen and felt results from the first week with this, and the thing that makes me happy is that what they tell you will happen, happens.

Hi Tracy,
    They say that its not for everyone as some people cant hack the FASTING.I don’t seem to have any problems so far but hey its early. Don’t get me wrong I’m hungry often but because I look at its only two days I figure I can handle it. Plus drinking water does mellow the hunger pangs somewhat.
    All the best keep intouch.
    Macca

Hi Happy Now,

You are doing well……loved that bit in your post when you say ” Carried on losing weight while I worked out how to stop losing weight ” That’s fantastic that you were that successful in a relatively short space of time.So how many mini fasts would you do in your week ?

Hi Poot09,

Not sure I could do the 4.3 as I only have water on my Fasting days so 48 hours is about as much as I can stand but I’m already seeing the benefits. So you are approx 2 weeks further on than me. So I will let you know in a couple of weeks what I managed to get down to.One thing I have noticed that after the 48 hour fast. Food tastes much better how long that will last not sure but you can see the difference.Plus I look forward to my Fillet steak and glass of red at the end of each fasting spread. So its
    Fillet Steak with Pepper Sauce,
    Jacket Potato with Sour cream,
    and Greek Salad.
    and of course a couple of glasses of Shiraz.

I am SUCCESSFUL about my weight loss..Now i am so happy..:)

Hi Macca,

Re: mini fasts. It depends on what else I’ve been eating (or drinking!) really. I seem to have finally learnt that I can’t keep overindulging and expect not to gain weight! So if I’ve had a larger than normal meal (calorie wise) or a calorific ‘treat’, then I’m going to have to reduce calories somewhere else to offset that.

So I have odd days where I might go 18 or 20 hours with no food, then reduced calories (but I’m not strict about it being quarter TDEE now).

I weigh myself most days and aim to stay below 60kg, so am also guided by what the scales say, i.e. if it’s 60 or more I get a bit stricter.

Loving intermittent fasting because it’s so flexible, and it suits me.

Your on Macca!! Will keep in touch through this forum to see how you are getting on!!!

I have just added in 500mg of raspberry ketones twice a day to help with keeping a good vitamin level going. Thank goodness I am not on a fast day today, because your menu you posted made me salivate!!! I am a sucker for a jacket potato with sour cream!!!

Really excited for you that you are feeling a difference already!!!

::raises hand::

9 months in and 52 lbs lighter. Lost fast for the first few months, slow yet steady since then. I am not to my goal yet but anticipate I will be in the next 3-6 months, depending how much more my weight loss slows down.

I fast 2 days per week, try to stick to a “calorie budget” on the other days but go over about once a week. I didn’t add any exercise until about 2 weeks ago.

Hi Macca, Poot, HappyNow, do you guys have nothing but water on your fast days? This is my 3rd week, 4th fast and I try to drink water, tea with a little raw sugar & a little milk throughout the day & then something late afternoon & at dinner to meet my calorie intake. I’m not sure I could survive on just water for a day lol. I have a low allowance (around 320 or less), and now have about 3 kgs to lose but I find after the weekend of eating to my Tdee, I’ve put back about 300-400g. I’m happy how I’m going otherwise.

Hi Graceland!

Because I fast Mon, Wed, Fri, I actually allow myself coffee with milk and coconut sugar throughout the day, and then have dinner which is usually meat and vegies around 6pm. I need to increase my water intake but I have never been good at drinking water religiously!!

I haven’t had any shift in cm’s or weight in around 4 days and its making me sad!! So time to up the anti me thinks! Have been a little careless with my non fast days so will tighten the reigns and calorie count for a week or so. In saying that, while the cm’s haven’t changed this week I have lost a total of 12cm in 4 weeks so can’t complain!! I also feel less and less bloated every day.

As I said before I have added 2x500mg of pure raspberry ketones this week as it increases adopinectrin (spelling??) which is a fat burning hormone.

I have 5kgs to lose to get to my goal of 60kg. So am hoping to do this by christmas.

Thanks @poot09. Good luck with your goal. I’m trying to lose mine for my sister’s 50th in late November, and my son’s 21st the following weekend. Just got to be strong and ignore that sweet tooth which was my downfall last weekend.

Hi Graceland,
    Yep Just water for me not sure about the others. The first fasting day was really hard but I found that the water especially ice cold was a bit of a appetite suppressor so I had my bottle with me all day occasionally putting it the freezer to chill it up again. Also I occasionally have a coffee ( Latte with 1/2 teaspoon sugar). I fast for two days straight so over the 48 hours which is actually more than that because my last meal is Tuesday evening around 7.30pm-8.00pm and I dont eat till breakfast Friday around 7.00am
    so it works out at actually 57 hours. So, total of 4 Latte’s with total of 2 sugars over the 57 hours and heaps of water ( chilled ). Im loosing roughly 1.6k over a week which does rise up a little when Im not fasting so looking at loosing on average 1k per week till I get to my goal which is 70K so in real terms will take me approx 7 weeks.
    then when I get to my goal weight I will go to a 6-1 instead of 5-2 and see how things go over the following 7 weeks.So,there you are. Try the water only on your fasting days and make sure its chilled is a bit of a suppressant.

Thanks Macca

Hi Graceland,

When I was doing 5:2 proper, I had a latte/ milky coffee (unsweetened almond milk) in the morning, then low cal late breakfast/ early lunch and evening meal.

I regularly fast 16 to 20 hours now I’m maintaining, with 2 meals, most days.

Hello Fellow five point twoers.

Ok now into fourth week and looking good down to a stable 72kgs only two more to go. Would love some ideas on maintaining my goal weight of 70kgs. Some have said in the past to go to a 6.1 rather than a 5.2 …….thoughts!

@macca I started 5:2 after the horizon programme in 2012 and reached goal weight by Christmas of that year. Due to feeling very cold whilst fasting i stopped until the summer 2013 by which time I had put back on a few lbs . I fasted again during the summer, lost the weight again only to stop again in January. I am now at my goal weight for the third time and have been maintaining for two months. This time I have resolved to continue fasting and therefore keep my weight constant.
    I have decided from now on to keep the routine of fasting by doing 4:3 but at higher kcals. I think keeping the mental frame of fasting is good for me psychologically. On the three fasting days I water fast between 20 – 24 hrs or as long as possible and then I have a good filling meal of approximately 600-700 kcals which allows me to enjoy a good night’s sleep feeling less cold. Compared to weight loss mode when my fasting kcals were only 350, 600-700kcals fasting kcals are positively indulgent :-)) That way I create a weekly deficit of just under 2000kcals (my TDEE is only approx 1300 if not exercising) which I enjoy on my 4 eating days particularly at the weekends.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply.