Not losing weight

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Scott_Pilgrim 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• I’ve been on the 5:2 diet for 4 weeks now. I am very strict and doing it properly under GP supervision etc.
    Yet I have not lost anything! After a fast day, my weight will go down about half a kilo, but then on eating days it just goes back up to what it was before.
    I am very active, working in a hospital and cycling 30miles a day to and home from work. (cycling 150 miles/week)!!
    My TDEE is apparently ~2100kcal so I just don’t know why I’m not losing!
    Can anyone relate to this/help?

Thanks

How very frustrating for you, Claudine3. It is in line with my early experience of ADF when I had a similar cycle commute but used to see negligible progress.

However, that has been the pattern for my entire weight loss journey, tho’ I’ve now been in maintenance for some time, having shed 60lbs. I would plateau for up to 16 weeks at a time, have 5-10 days in which I would see a scale drop every day, and then stabilise on another plateau. Rinse and repeat.

My one, substantial caveat, is that one of the reasons underpinning my slow progress was retrospectively apparent when I had a Dxa scan and learned that I’m sarcopenic – so the TDEE calculations were substantially out as I have less muscle mass than other women of a comparable size, age and activity level.

You might like to look through the dedicated thread where lots of the questions that relative newcomers have are answered and there are pointers to articles such as ‘why am I not losing’: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Do you have a month of food logs with MFP or similar to track your food intake? Are there any items that you might swap out with others?

Good Luck integrating fasting into your WOL! I’ll look out for your progress in the future and trust that you’ll move towards your health goals. Best wishes.

Less calories on your non fast days should help. My TDEE is over 2100, but if I eat that much my progress is painfully slow.

Yes, SSure I do have a food diary. I tried calorie restricting and eating healthly for about 6 moths before, only to GAIN 5Kg!!! That is when I went to my GP and she put me on this diet after seeing my food diary. I mostly eat weetabix for breakfast, a small sandwich/left over dinner for lunch and salmon or chicken and rice for dinner. But my carb portions are never bigger than my fist. I find it very frustrating.
    I used to drink a lot of diet coke, but in order to try and lose weight I cut it out completly (because some studies show it can lead to weight gain, I don’t know but I am willing to try ANYTHING!). I also cut out chocolate completly and alcohol. (this was all pre 5:2 and I still gained). Now on the 5:2 I am not gaining, but not losing either 🙁

Amazon – I eat around 1700 on my non fast days!

In that case, hang in there for another couple of weeks and hopefully the weight will start to come off.
    There are quite a few people on this website who are combining 5:2 with low carb low sugar and say that it makes a difference to the rate of weight loss. Maybe you should look at eating an egg for breakfast and cut out the sandwiches.

Claudine3

As you log your food, I would wonder, over the course of a day, what is your carb/protein intake – either in grammes or as a percentage of your overall kcal intake? And if it might be worth swapping some of your carb intake for other sources.

Your experience does read similarly to mine tho’ I understand that that may not seem like helpful information while you’re frustrated.

Hi!
    You may not lose weight,but what about centimetres?
    My weight was the same however I felt my clothes were not so tight…lost 2.5 cm around the waist.
    and the fat % went down by nearly 2% in 2 weeks

Losing weight start after few week constantly you lose only in cm because body compensated with water

It’s a familiar story: You pledge to honor a daily elliptical routine and count every last calorie. But soon, you’re eating cupcakes at the office and grabbing happy hour mojitos, thinking, Oops, diet over.

There is a better way: Swap the all-or-nothing approach for one or two healthy switch-ups in your daily routine. “Doing this can lead to more weight loss than you ever imagined,” says Dr.Atkins and his diet

Hey, long time lurker of these forums. Particularly this sub-forum, I just dropped by to ask if you tried any weight loss programs? I have on in mind that can help you, which personally helped me. I found it from another blog and I’m so freaking glad I found it because within 2-3 weeks I started noticing some good weight loss. Check it out yourself

http://personal-product-reviews.blogspot.com/2014/10/dr-kareem-samhouris-full-throttle-fat.html

Wish you the best of luck man, I’ve been in your position and this really did the trick. Hope it works out

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.