Non-fast days and calorie counting

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Non-fast days and calorie counting

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Hi friends!

So I’ve been doing this diet for about a month and I’ve gained two pounds. I’m definitely overeating on non-fast days–after years of yo-yo dieting, I think I’m going a bit crazy with having so much freedom,

I calculated my TDEE and it’s 2081. I’m thinking of counting my calories on non-fast days, trying to clock in around 1500 calories. Anyone else do this? Thoughts?

Hi:

If you have been counting your calories on your diet days and are at or below 500/600, then you have indeed been overeating on your non diet days. You will probably need to count calories for only a couple of days to show what, and how much, you are overeating.

Good Luck!

Does anyone else calorie count on non-fast days? I could use some support!

I calorie count most days. I have had my TDEE measured in uni and it’s 2131 so on non-fast days I try to stick to around 1600kcals which gives me some leeway if I go overboard a day. I think it’s totally worthwhile keeping an eye on your non-fast day calories using an app like myfitnesspal as it’s so easy to use and keeps you on track.

I use fitness pal and I find it brilliant. My TDEE is 1633 but not sure whether that is the right level for me to lose weight. As it is my first week I am going to record all my calories on fast and on feed days and see how I get on. I think it is great to have so much support online.

If you don’t use your TDEE allowance on fast days does that mean you may be more hungry on the fasting days?

Should of said “feed” days on my earlier post!!

I like to leave weekends free, but try to eat grilled fish when eating out.

i try to eat healthy and count calories all weekdays.

Sometimes 5:2 sometimes 4:3 . Fish was and easy meal to swap carb meals with as they are generally lower calories if I skip the bread.

Shadow,
    As your TDEE is 1600, this is the amount of calories you eat up to (not more) on normal days. You eat 1/4 of this (400 calories max) on fast days. Remember a fast day is effectively 36 hours…from dinner one night, all day the next day until breakfast the following. 400 calories between the dinner on, say, Sunday night until breakfast on Tuesday.
    It is vital to not eat more than your TDEE on normal days and about 1/4 twice a week. It is the highs and lows, plus the total calorie deficit, that does the trick on this WOE.
    Good luck PVE

Its interesting there are self proclaimed experts out there in the 5:2 Diet forums who enspouse the importance of eating up to your TDEE on feed days otherwise you won’t lose weight. Otherwords if your full but haven’t reached your TDEE you need to force yourself to eat more otherwise there is a danger you won’t lose weight. It does seem absurd to me, but could someone on the official www site please clarify this. These “experts” are even using the TDEE calculator link as a reference to support their claims.

Hi phil:

The basic rule is the less you eat, the more you lose.

People that think that eating to the TDEE, or even between the TDEE and the BMR, is required for a person to lose weight are perhaps reflecting their personal experience, but not reflecting how weight loss works for a vast majority of people.

The way 5:2 works is you go to bed, get up, eat 5/600 or fewer calories during your waking hours, go to bed, get up and eat to your TDEE or less – twice a week. On all 7 days of the week you can eat foods you want to eat – there are no forbidden foods, or foods you have to eat. For the first month or so focus on doing your diet days correctly (5/600 calories or less) and most everything else will fall into place.

Here is what TDEE means: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/

And here are some tips for beginners: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/

Good Luck!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.