No one has noticed I've lost 14 pounds.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Support, chat and encourage
No one has noticed I've lost 14 pounds.

This topic contains 27 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Rebecca9 10 years ago.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

• Was I that fat?! No one even noticed I lost 14 pounds?! Give me a break.I started on December 30th and have done well. Ok well ill post again here when I finally get a notice. Maybe the NEXT 12 someone will notice. Not that I need this-but I was expecting something. Anything. Oh well I can see it! πŸ™‚

Well I have no idea what you looked like before or look like now but CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That’s a fantastic achievement! I bet people HAVE noticed but may be a little shy of mentioning it. If I were you I’d be shouting it from the rooftops, don’t wait for anyone to say something to you – YOU tell THEM!!

aw, how frustrating! 14 lbs is awesome and clearly your friends/family are just not very observant! Great progress, I bet your clothes are getting loose.

I tell you what Hondakawi, it could well be its the green monster effect!!!

congrats from me too, people sometimes just don’t know how to react lol, and they may well be unsure on how to tell you :-)and I agree with Lizinoz, YOU tell them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enjoy your achievement, and here’s to many more πŸ™‚

Hi hondakawi, don’t be too upset, it is probably just people being a bit nervous about mentioning it until you raise the subject.

If it makes you feel any better, even I didn’t notice my first 14lb. I had no idea I’d lost anything for the first 2 months on 5:2. I hadn’t really expected to lose weight (this was before it became fashionable as a ‘diet’ at a point where the only person I knew of who’d done it was Michael and he’d just lost 9lb of internal visceral fat, which was all I was hoping for beyond the health benefits). I noticed at about 6-8 weeks in that my waist band appeared to be slightly looser on one of my tighter pairs of trousers, thought ooooh maybe I’ve lost a bit of weight? Nearly died of shock when I got on my Wii and realised I’d lost at least 14lb and probably closer to 18lb.

I didn’t notice – noone else noticed (beyond “Oh your skin’s looking nice these days” etc.). Now I’m losing maybe 1-2lb per month and I get WAY more comments than I got for the first couple of stone. Weird!

If it’s any consolation, last time I lost a significant amount of weight, no-one commented until I’d lost over two stones. Then someone I hadn’t seen for a while said ‘oooooh, haven’t you lost a LOT of weight!’ and it did give me a huge boost of confidence.
    So I guess those people you see every day might not notice because the change each day is subtle, but if you had a fortnight off work say, they might be quite vocal on your return.

Congratulations on a great weight loss hondakawi! πŸ˜€
    No one mentioned my first 14lb loss either – even my mother didnt seem to notice until she looked at some holiday photos then looked at me again πŸ™‚
    I think people don’t like to say too much because it implies you needed to lose weight, a couple of my friends told me I was ‘looking well’. B******s
    Don’t let it upset you in any way, you are doing this for yourself not them!

Wow! Thanks for all the support! Ya-I’m not too bothered by it- just thought I’d get a mention. It’s ok-i’ll just continue getting trim:-) xxx

Way to go Hondakawi!!

you have the right positive happy attitude, so i’ll look out for your ever trimming posts lol πŸ™‚

No-one noticed my first 14lb either. I couldn’t understand it when it was such a huge achievement for me. I came to the conclusion that most people are so wrapped up in themselves that they don’t notice anyone else.My sister in law, who I hadn’t seen for 2 years came for the weekend before Christmas. I had lost 23lb and about 23 inches….not one comment on my weight or size. She did make several comments about her increase in weight and blood pressure, but also went on to tell me all the reasons why she couldn’t take any exercise or lose any weight.

I was disappointed that she hadn’t made any positive remarks, but if you do that, then you acknowledge that you can also make positive changes too.So much psychology involved in weight loss.

Well done and keep going. You will enjoy the difference that the weight/inches loss will make to you…and enjoy it!I am going to be in shorts this year again for the second time in 30 years.

Annette…and all, Thanks for all the encouragement and the tips for the last half year.

Hondakawi, Annette is spot on. Most people are so wrapped in their own lives…they scarcely notice living. When I lost my first stone on this diet I was completely chuffed and often when I did get comments they were ridiculous:

This diet can’t be good for you. You are starving yourself. (No, I beat anorexia about 26 years ago…lol)

I read about it in a magazine…the “experts” say it is unhealthy for you. (Really? Because my doctor says for the first time in a long time my labs are perfect…my b/p is down along with my weight.)

And the litany of how they could never do it because they are (fill in the blank with the excuse of your choice).

Hang in there. You didn’t gain it all at once and it doesn’t go away all at once…but it WILL go on this diet/lifestyle. And CONGRATULATIONS on your 14 pound loss!

In my early 20s I lived for year and a half in rural Spain. During that time, between not being wild about the food and having a lot of other hassles to deal with, I lost quite a bit of weight and was actually (very nearly) slim. Imagine my dismay when people told me “EstΓ‘s mΓ‘s gorda” – “you’re fatter”. It took me a while to realise they were paying me a compliment. In that part of the world “fat” means – or at least used to mean – healthy and good-looking, i.e. not thin, scraggy and looking ill.

Well done Hondakawi that is fantastic. People sometimes don’t like to say as they might not want you to think they thought you were overweight in the first place. Or it could be the jealousy gene in them or, as others have said, they are just too wrapped up in their own lives to notice. Whatever the reason it doesn’t matter as you are doing this for yourself and I am sure your efforts will get noticed sooner rather than later πŸ™‚

I have had the same experience. My husband and I both lost 15 lbs and only he gets the compliments. Discouraging. Plus now I am stuck and he keeps losing. I have heard of a “set” point that one can’t get below no matter what. Is that true? I have been at this new weight since the end of November and my will power is waning. Perhaps I should say that I will be 70(!) in 6 weeks and have dieted most of my life because that may have something to do with it.
    Any ideas are welcome.

Same here 13 lbs less and no comments πŸ™‚ Lublin 99 I know your pain I’m stuck too, still stone and a half to go but scale is not moving at all. May have to add some form of exercise to get it moving. Well done everybody! Keep it going and sooner or later people will notice πŸ™‚ xx

Now don’t you worry. It will go and your shape will change. I think that because the changes are often slow, that people do just get used to how you look now rather than how you were.People who noticed my weight/inch loss were those that I hadn’t seen for a couple of months last summer. I was also wearing much less, which helps folk to see the difference too.
    Some of us have had plateaus that have lasted many weeks, but still continue to shrink.One month the scales didn’t move at all, BUT I had lost 7 inches all over!
    Men have more muscle mass so can burn more calories than us ladies, which is why they often do very well on the 5:2. So it may well help if you do something different. I always find that swimming twice a week gets things moving for me.
    One woman last year lost 3 dress sizes but the scales stayed the same for months. We are all different and I would rather lose inches than worry about the numbers on the scales.
    I am on a mission to get a waist measurement that is just less than half my height..4 inches gone and 4 to go.Be proud of the weight/inches that you have shed, it is a great achievement. They will notice…eventually.

Stop being so polite, tell them you have worked very hard and lost 14 lbs. that’s what I do if they don’t notice. Today I send all my size 22 and 24 clothes to the charity shop. Luckily I have some clothes left as I kept my size 20 from the last diet. However when I get slimmer than that I will have a problem. Luckily it will be warmer then so I will only need a bikini. Who am I kidding – just wishful thinking

Congratulations jojo58. I love the idea of you wearing a bikini…that would make them notice!

I have found charity shops have been really useful to keep the costs down as the body shrinks and changes shape.I have also got some lovely skirts that I love and are not in any of the shops. After wearing the same old clothes for years, I am starting to wear things that I like and look good. I am developing my own style.

I think that people that are with you on a daily/weekly basis dont see it,

I totally agree with that too spanglesx2. Some of the people at work are aware of what I’m doing and they do say things occasionally (although none of them noticed the first 1 or 2 stone at all but I put that down to it mostly being internal visceral fat) but I’ve now lost well over 3.5 stone and the comments are piddling compared to that achievement.

The only time people really seem to notice (even those you don’t see that often – because it’s so gradual that it’s not a massive change even to them) is when they see a ‘before’ photo of you and you’re literally standing right in front of them. Then you get the “Oh wow! I don’t even remember this person – you have lost A LOT of weight haven’t you!” comments.

Good job guys!! I’m @ a 25 pound loss now-i am finally getting comments. I can really see the difference too. Even when I’m in my bulky bathrobe and i catch a glimpse of how cinched down the sash is against my ever slimming waist. Good stuff! I’m going into the bins under my bed and finally wearing size 4’s that are brand new with tags on them. They have been waiting down there for a few years now. Hooray!!

Hooray for you, Honda. The most important person noticed — YOU! I’m quite confident “they” will notice at 20 pounds. If not, keep going and knock them over with your weight loss progress when they do notice and ask. Caring too much about what others think got some of us into this overweight state that we are in — my opinion only. Do something nice for yourself and celebrate this weekend. Good job!

Im not a great motivation speaker so ill just say I notice my own fat loss. I get into conversations about 5:2 and other health related issues. I even say I lost 30 lbs. I tell you no one says I need to enter a pageant. Not even if I get to 15% i suppose. Its hard to get attention when my after picture looks like someone elses before picture. I say I lost 30 lbs by eating puzza and going to the buffet and they just stare at my belly like dogs tilting their heads.
    Aftet reading psychological paper on self image a dr askef his patients to look in the mirror everyday and the write down if there is anything they would like to change. He stated thise whom always looked every day. Worked on their changes and were usually successful.
    I believe fat loss is a little different. We have to look at menu everyday instead of the mirror.

juggling it in my mind .going to the grocery. I almost never come out with menu I planned . I learned to have the grocer deliver to me. That led to being more masterful of how to change what I see in the mirror. Great food and better health.
    I know the feeling of not being noticed , but I honestly belive ill out live them so I’ll just have get used to not recieving attention from others and be happy working on my changes

I have lost 1 lb in my first week! … and no one noticed! not even me
    (smiles)

Hey I can’t wait til I can post like you guys n girls on here and reach double figures!!! I love reading about your weight loss and feel quite excited and hopeful that I will eventually get to join you in posting those double figures … I am looking to lose 27lbs now ”) Here’s hoping!!! ”) xx

Well done to all of you and Congratulations on getting so far! whether a big or small loss ….

You all motivate me by my reading your posts! Thank you ”) xx

Congrats dreamgirl2014 if I have any advice on sticking with it .it would be keep a journal of your meals for both fast and feed days. Learn to apply tdee on feed days.
    I personslly got off soda. And started expeimenting with fruit flavored waters on feed days. Mostly just for to get antioxidats into my diet. However it made a bigger difference in the amout of calories I got from plates of food. The only sweetener I use is a stevia brand which improves the alkalinity ph of water to help balance my food and water combined ph score. Well I dont think about anymore I just do it.
    Mostly I got into a routine of drinking green tea with a squeezed lemon and stevia on fast days. I would use the whole lemon . Juice in the tea, the pith in crockpot under the fish I typically eat on fast days. I try to go 4:3 as oftem as I can. So I made it very simple to put fish on the dinner menu for fast days. Leaving 4 feed days a week to plan great food and count out the calories. And really make some good food

I simplified feed breakfasts with oatmeal that is easy to count 400 gluten free low glycimic give energy for hours.

Next I eat at the same times as fast days. At noon usually a chicken breast made with favorites like pepper s and cream cheese.

then feed day dinner at same time as fast days I choose my favorites that make me look forward to dinner time.
    When I ooked back over my journal the weeks I took the time to make water drinks with the antioxidants in them I didnt note much struggle . What wrote was how I was looking forward to feed dinners. I
    I estimate by eliminating the typical corn syrup sodas I saved myself 1200 calories that had no nutrition the 1200 so it made feed days less filling of fiber. More food than drink, but still enjoy the waters just as much even more.
    To put it another way I could take in a two liter of cola or two plates of onion, mushroom, and hummus stuffed green peppers on feed day. The next fast day i was stuggling if I drank the soda instesd of vegtables even though they were the same amount of calories.

Me too, but that’s great, because that means they probably didn’t notice the lbs going on in the first place! Everyone’s going around thinking we’re much thinner than we really are…horrah!

It’s importend that WE see the difference and WE notice and feel the weight loss! Isn’t it???

Well if you haven’t told people that you’re trying to lose weight then of course they haven’t said anything! It’s pretty impolite to bring up someone’s weight uninvited.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply.