Newbie first fast day UK

This topic contains 30 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  10kg 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

• In my late 30s, 5 ft 6 inches, 70 kg , 154 lbs or 11 stone… I started the fast diet yesterday (for the second time around) and am aiming for a 10kg loss. I wish others aiming for weight loss success and look to give them and receive motivation from them by joining this forum.

I want to do the fast exercise regime too, and quit my gym membership yesterday as an incentive! (Including saving some money at least)

I tried ( house foods) shirataki noodle soup with tofu, lettuce and onion yesterday. It was filling and kept me satiated. The noodles are also known as Slendier, miracle noodle, konjac, glucommanan, etc. I felt I needed to start this diet with this product to keep me motivated. I don’t intend to make them a long term addition to my diet.

Hi 10kg good luck with your weight loss. As a matter of interest what happened the first time around – did you lose weight and/or did you just stop the 5:2 regime?

I am doing it for the first time and started on 6 January. I am only weighing in once a month as I used to be obsessed with the scales and if I gained one day I would be fed up and if I lost I would think it was really easy and then stop watching what I was eating – a classic yo yo dieter!! 🙂 My second monthly weigh in is tomorrow so I am looking forward to see what I have lost (if anything)in the past 4 weeks.

This is the first time I have lost weight but can still eat things I enjoy which is great.

Hi JFitzy, thanks for the msg! I succumbed to temptation the first time around and fell off the 5:2 bandwagon…..need I say more!

You have stuck it out for a whole month…that’s great; I hope I have the stamina to do so. Even if the scales stay stuck, I believe that there are other benefits to be had. A friend of mind at the gym had been on it for 1 year and looks years younger and borrows her 17 year old slim daughters clothes.

Good luck with your weigh in for tomorrow. Come back to the forum and let us know how you get on.

Thank you 10kg.

You should definitely measure yourself – as you say you can lose inches but not always a lot on the scales.

I will let you know my result tomorrow 🙂

Hi and welcome back:

Here are some tips for those just starting (again) 5:2: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/

Good Luck!

20march14 I weighed 10 st 8.5 lbs…so pleased. My jeans are looser…whoopee!

26mar14 10st 8 lbs…not much of a difference, but still heading in the right direction

3apr14 10st 10lbs birthday cake set back!

10apr14 10st 7.5 lbs

Well done Permalink. I’m a newby in my first week. Looking forward to results 🙂

17Apr14 10st 7 lbs whoopee!

25Apr14 10st 7lbs ..very pleased with this after packing away 8 choc, toffee and fudge M&S hotcross buns, slice of chocolate nest cake, Lindt chocolate mini eggs and no doubt other naughty foods this week.

Did tabata dvd workout 4 mins, not including warm up and cool down. It was hard, but I loved it because it was so short. Breathless.

1may14 10st 6 lbs wow! I feel more flexible and less sluggish at this weight.

Well done you!!! We’re practically identical – I’m 36, 5’6″ and was 154lbs last week (Tuesday) when I started lol. I was 148.8 on Tuesday morning (woohoo!) and 147.8 this morning (Thursday) after my 3rd fast day on Tuesday and a normal day yesterday. I’m totally loving this! Haven’t done any exercise yet though. Fast day 4 today. I’m waiting until dinner time to eat anything. Good luck! I’d love to be 60kg too!!

Sounds Great 10kg! I also would love to be 60 kg. Today is fast day 10, and there are about 10 kilos to lose!

Thanks for your encouragement and kind thoughts KellyD7 and ushush; I’m sending the same to you!

Hi, i love doing the 5:2 diet. Best diet i have ever done lost 5lbs in 3 weeks great results.

9th may 2014 10st 5.5lbs whoopee!

9may14 did Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones DVD workout…exhausted, but felt great.

12may14 did Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones DVD workout…exhausted, but felt great. First time on a fast day.

16may14 10 st 6.5 lbs…. I put on 1 lb.

23may14 10st 6lbs. Did 1 hour bmf class outside.

Hi 10kg, I am a newbie to diet. Good to read all your positive progress. Have been on diet for 7 weeks and lost 5lbs, slow but a loss :-), was away on holiday last week so no scales and just back on the fast diet! good luck 🙂 �

Hi aweemanda, glad you too are losing weight on this, albeit slow! I know how you feel. Keep up the good work, now that you’re back from your hols.

A note for my own records; I had 2 hot choc sponge puddings with double cream, an apple crumble with cream and 6 short bread biscuits between yesterday and today! I wonder why I am losing weight slowly? ….doh!

31may 10st 6.5lbs

6Jun14 10 st 6.5 lbs ….at least I’m not going up the scales. Phew.

Well here goes my first day fast today! I’m not weighing myself because I get obsessed with the scales I will see a different in clothing and that’s the result I want.going to try and hold off eating till 11.30am then have something about 7 pm or that’s the plan!! Here goes!!!…..

11st 1 lb! Holiday weight gain!

10st 12 lbs dairy free wheat free sugar free diet and. 4:3 diet

10 st 13.5 lbs. no diet

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply.