New to all of this

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mzchevious1 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi, My Dr has recommended this diet approach to losing weight. I am currently 115kg. I have been on a restricted eating plan of 1200-1500cal a day since Sept 15 2014 and have only lost 3kg since that time 🙁 my TDEE states:

Your BMI is: 39.8
    Your BMR is: 7621 kJ / 1822 calories
    Your TDEE is: 9145 kJ / 2186 calories

But I cannot seem to shift anymore…which is soul destroying, but i am hanging in there. Can anyone see what i am doing wrong? I have a sedentary lifestyle. I have really bad ankles due to weight which i am trying to resolve so i CAN do some exercise. I am about to embark on this new way of eating, but would really appreciate any suggestions, thanks 🙂

Hi 3kg is a great start.

You didn’t mention that you are doing fasts. I think you are not eating enough on non fast days. Food choices???

Are you tracking your calories throughout fitness pal.

If you are then you mentioned dr have you had all bi annual blood tests.

Have you thought about just a little bit of walking a couple of minutes every hour adds up over the day adds up

Hi, thanks for your reply 🙂
    Yes..I am religiously tracking my calories through my fitness pal. I just had bloods taken and apart from being in menopause, my thyroid is just fine and dandy.
    However, my total cholesterol before starting was sitting on 5, recent bloods taken last friday now have them at 4.8, so clearly something is happening 🙂 My calorie intake does not leave me hungry, in fact most days i am under it as I just do not feel hungry. I have just been suggested this diet approach by my Dr as she thinks this approach will kick my sluggish metabolism in the butt!!! I had 2 babies at 39 and 40yrs then went into early menopause at 42 … gave up smoking 8 months ago and all soft drinks 1 yr ago…so all of these factors have contributed to the poor state of my body atm 🙁 I just want to be healthy for the children i still have at home 5 & 6 yr olds. Thanks

Hi mz and welcome:

Given the information you shared, you could expect to lose about a pound a week on your diet. You lost 6.6 pounds in 8 weeks, so you are in the ballpark. Most people think they should lose weight much faster than they do.

Here are some tips for 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Number 1 covers the basics, and number 4 will tell you about how much you might expect to lose over time. Number 2 shows that your weight loss will not be consistent.

Good Luck!

Thank you 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.