New girl – 38 lbs to lose

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
New girl – 38 lbs to lose

This topic contains 116 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  issu 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 118 total)

• Had a pants time last couple of weeks, trying again.
    Off we go again ๐Ÿ™‚

Hello!

I’m also new on this forum and have (had 38 lbs to loose) I’m saying had because after a month and one week I’m 13 pounds lighter!

another 25 to go, but…

for the past week I don’t see many changes on the scale front. Well it’s ‘this time of the month’ (if you know what i mean?!;) so maybe that’s why- i hope anyway ๐Ÿ™‚

good luck Pops!

Maybe we can doth is together? I have 20 kilos to lose to. If I could lose 1-2 kilos a week I would be over the moon!!!!

1st weekly weigh in tomorrow!….3lb would be fab as its a 1st timer…know it will be the best week …13st7lbs last mon..have drawn up calorie and weight loss graph so am really serious…watch this space..:]…..keep the tips coming.

Only 38 pounds, I wish! I wonder if the emotional response of jealousy burns extra cals, if so I must read all other fasters’ success stories. Could it be the next diet fad? Go green diet? Sounds topical!

Hi Hungry & Carley

You can do it, and it’s really not hard. But 1-2kg a week is not realistic.

I’m 63 and have gone from 90.8kg to 69.9 (last week, the magic 6 prefix) aiming for 65 but now just seeing how it pans out, it’s getting harder to lose and although I’m still “overweight” according to the BMI tables I am now a size 12 (from an 18/20)
    I lost 9kg in the first 12 weeks and that was amazing, but over 55 weeks have lost 20.9kg (46lbs). And I KNOW it is never going back on!!
    I go to the gym 5 mornings a week, do 1 hour crosstrainer/bike (not much else because of frozen shoulder from July when I was swimming 4km 5 mornings).

About a lb a week seems to be the average, and is sustainable.
    It’s hard work, you need to be disciplined on the fast days (I just have water – It means no taste stimulation or temptations), but I know the next day I eat normally (but now have a smaller appetite, or am less greedy) and have wine and A piece of Lindt after dinner (my husband has 2!)

BUT Hungry, don’t even think about wine on a fast day – we have always had wine every meal (not breakfast) but on fast days I make my husband’s dinner and he eats and has wine and have a glass of water (he is still more upset about it than I am) – but wine free 2 days a week is no problem (and think about the extended life of the wine in the cellar!)

Good luck Hungry with the weigh in tomorrow – fingers crossed for a nice loss x

hey vicki….next week will ditch the wine on fast days…seems a bit harsh[no..i,m not a lush] but have probably been looking for an excuse to be more in control…will have to step up the exercise too .thanx . Also blueheather thanx for the fingers crossed!:]

hey folks…1st weigh in today ..lost 6lbs!!..thrilled but know it may be little or nothing next week…am on a fast day WITHOUT wine! thought it would be harder but i feel really good now..also as annette 52 suggested measure myself have lost 2 1/2” off my waist so its all good….soup for tea yummie!….oh yes also went back to the gym after a 6 month lay off!!
    thanks friends for the tips.x.

I am thrilled for you.Well done!

Hi hungry,
    Fantastic! You obviously worked very hard this week.
    Keep it up

Well done hungry – terrific loss (but it won’t happen every week, sorry)
    But the initial changes are wonderful, and your clothes will be looser and you will feel TERRIFIC

So happy for you, keep going

well done hungry! I know is hard to live without the wine- i’m trying to only have it at the weekend now but grrr it’s not easy if you have an open bottle of your favorite white sitting in the fridge ๐Ÿ˜€

Vicky WOW! You just rock! 21kg gone! great job!!!!!!!!

21 lb left to go for me… after a week of scale showing the same no i stop going on it for 5 days. It surprised me nicely when i discovered today I’m 4 lbs lighter. ๐Ÿ˜€ happy days! xx

Just stopping by to wish encouragement to pops (I hear ya), way to go, issu, Vicki & hungry.

YAY for you all /

Aud x

well done issu for that loss…i lock the scales in the wardrobe and only weigh once a week..otherwise get disheartened…lets face it i think i could pee a lb!!..and thats not a true fat loss..am o.k.with the no wine on fast days now,i spend the cals on a very small food treat instead..keep on losing!

Hahaha! You made me laugh Hungry! I can definitely pee a lb especially after all those herbal teas I’m drinking ๐Ÿ™‚ good luck with no wine! You will get use to it ! Xxx

hey issu…can’t get on with those herbal teas ..the fruit ones always smell nicer than they taste…on another note ,off on a last minute trip to lanzarote tomorrow for 2 weeks with no internet…do not want to go off the rails so am going to try and stick to fish,salads,fruit and maybe rice cakes[no scales so cal counting may be tricky]….and one glass of wine a day…but no fast days…any tips welcome..will weigh in tom morn and log in for some support before i jet off…hoping for a 2lb loss as that will take me down to 12st13lb..then i can say i am 12st something….tee hee !

hi folks..off to lanzarote today…only lost 1lb this week but a loss is a loss…have made some ryvita for the journey[how good is that]..jc on the exercise blog suggested running up and down stairs…will try it very early morning before any one is up….where is the emergency room in lanzarote?…will try to find a int hotel to keep in touch..so keep the tips coming..its been a lifeline! HASTA PRONTO!!

*waves hungry off on a jet plane*

How lovely to get away, and since you probably won’t read this until after you get back, I hope you had a fantastic break ๐Ÿ™‚

Aud x

hi hungry!

what a lovely place to be… lanzarote I’m jealous ๐Ÿ™‚ have a great break and have a glass of wine for me while you are there. Enjoy the sunshine!!!!!!

i had a weekend of celebrations and almost died of hungover on sun, grrr fasting and not drinking regularly does make your body reject alcohol even more hahaha i seem to have hungover after 2 small glasses now, and i did have much more then that on sat.

back on track now… I also stepped on the scales today just to find out i put 2 lbs on despite only having 700 kcal yesterday ๐Ÿ™

I still have 9 kg to go to reach my target or 4 inches in waistline and doing the maths is going to be tougher then i thought. i may have to get some exercise to get the the wanted results. depressing monday morning feelings ๐Ÿ™‚

hi everyone..back from lanzarote..loads of swimming..only salads for lunch..and not much wine! and not a shift it weight,but at least i did not put any on..feel slimmer but the tape does not lie..still the same! so its back to the gym today..thank goodness i have you guys for support have really missed logging in…….watch this space i’m really giving it a go. thanx for the good wishes aud….and issu you and me both back on the exercise kick…i’m going to look on it as a treat!!![and i’m just not a gym bunny]everytime the adverts come on the t.v i’ll get up and jump around the house …..its nice to be back!

Welcome back Hungry! Looks like you had a lovely time! If you feel slimmer then you must be- maybe just in places you didn’t measure ๐Ÿ™‚ looking on exercise like a treat? Wow ๐Ÿ™‚ it could work thou – our mind can do great things if you convince them bad enough! Xxx

back to the gym yesterday and worked hard…weighed today and could almost see a little man in the scales dial waving with a flag reading 12st13….if i can just get to that …12 something sounds so much better than 13 something!! dragged next doors dog out for a run today…its good exercise..I throw the stick and then I run after it!! who is the mutt brain? …i must admit the doggie treats were looking rather tasty[cheese flavour]..although i normally only weigh once a week but will give it another go tomorrow…..take care all.:].

hahahah were you fasting today that doggy treats smelled so good?:) my dad used to say, dog food is much better then human food, because is being check more often and by many organisations. Nobody actually looking at what ‘our’ treats do to our health ๐Ÿ™‚

12 something would be great, good luck tomorrow!

I can confirm now I lost 10 kg in grand total! 1st 8 lbs less of me! Feels good!

xxx

well done issu on that fab 10kg loss…how long did that take?…you must be on cloud 9!….still weighing in at 13,but gym again today and a dog walk ,i’m sure your dad is right about the quality of the dog food…but i don’t think i’ll take it any further….i’ll give the scales another go tomorrow…but i do feel a lot healthier…cooked husband a homemade chinese tonight-i had salad…but in his fortune cookie the motto was “you are the master of every situation!”…i pinched it and have glued it onto my calorie counter book….take care.:].

Dear Hungry,
    Many of us would kill to be 13 stone, I am positively envious. Now 15 stone 6 lbs, down 2 stone in 4 months but another five to go. Could be on this thread a very long time but I am determined to get to 10 stone within 18 months. Wish me luck! I hope you get through your barrier quickly too!
    Good Luck to all the other big girls too! (Assuming no men on this thread)

Jojo58 I am with you. I have lost 7lb so far (2 weeks) but need to lose another 60 – 65lb over the next 18 months. I feel if I do my fast days, exercise and watch my other days I should lose a 1b a week hopefully so therefore relatively doable. Then I will reassess where I need to go from there.
    I am finding some great recipes for fast days and also a lot of support and inspiration from this blog. I will be here for the long haul with you.
    Good luck and we can share tips and frustrations.

Hey pops, where you off to? Cmon, they’re hijacking your thread! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Grats to all on here, sounds like y’all are doing great! Keep it up!

you are the master of every situation!- I like that!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

@hungry I feel a bit like cheating as I lost that weight in 2 months exactly, but I’m fasting every other day, so there is a price to pay. I’ve been on 5:2 for 2 months before that, and I didn’t do very well. I have a bad habit (i mean I had) of snacking, so even eating healthy balanced diet I use to overeat on my non fasting days. I found myself thinking to much about food, and concentrate/ stress about it too much, which I really try to avoid. I’ve done too much calorie counting in the past and I know how obsessed I can become, so doing ADF I can just forget about all the worries and work on my habits one by one. I’m a bit worried about what I’m going to do after i reach my goal, but it’s going to be another month or two before i get there so I hope I will figure something out by then ๐Ÿ™‚ My husband asked me yesterday how long I am planning to be on this diet? I told him is a life style to me, not a diet, as i feel great, and don’t feel like I’m missing something. but I will have to work a plan B somehow, as I don’t want to loose weight with that rate forever. 6 more kg and I will be within healthy BMI, and where I feel best myself. Maybe 5:2 will be my maintenance plan B.

Jojo 2 stones in 2 months! well done you! xxxxxxxxxxx don’t worry how long it takes. it took years for bad habits to create and it will take a long time till they gone. You are doing amazing anyway!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

happy fasting day!

hey issu only 2 months to lose that amount..well done you..i don’t think i could fast every other day…but if it works for you….it worries me a bit too that if i achieve target i will have to draw up a plan..at the moment i am on about 1100 on a non fast day so think will up it to 1500 but still do the fast days as proven scientifically it cuts the risk of ‘old age diseases’…my family have always been in favour of ‘nature-cure’which advocates a couple of days a week with just fruit,so its on the same principle[this goes way back]…have just got back from the gym…but not such a hard workout as talking and laughing too much![bit like my schooldays]..taking Dudley the dog out later and will run the legs off him!…take care :].

hope that wasnt drink pops? always has loads of cals alcohol.as its a sugar….

Thanks for your contributions, hungry and issu, I was all for jacking it in this morning, but you’ve both inspired me.

I need to borrow Dudley to take him out for a run ๐Ÿ™‚

Aud x

@hungry I am so not ready to go on maintenance plan B yet, lots of habits sitting in the corner and return ๐Ÿ™‚ I had a weekend full of junk, and even secretly smiled to myself that may slow my progress for a week or two, as I am enjoying new found confidence and sense of achievement, that is rubbing in other aspects of my life, and I’m not ready to let go yet.

@Aud I have a dog which would love more exercise you can borrow! he never seems to have enough ๐Ÿ™‚

happy fasting xxx

hi all….weighed this morning and the little guy in the scales has paid me back for no loss for three weeks…dropped 4lb!almost the weight of a small baby!!so am under the dreaded 13st now at 12.10…its definately the gym,going for a power nap now for an hour then watch”housewives of new jersey”[load of rubbish ]then down to the gym…i can hear dudley barking next door so will take him out before dusk [he,s afraid of the dark!!] keep it up guys:}.

whop whop!!!!! Well done little guy ๐Ÿ˜‰ have fun relaxing on the front of tv. It feels to me that is all I’ve done today too. Too cold, wet and windy out there to go anywhere ๐Ÿ™‚ have fun! xxx

hi folks…still at it..have managed to get rid of my week day glass of wine,although then having one on sat and two on sunday…but counting in the cals. still gyming it every other day and taking out dudley as much as poss…seem to be getting fitter…its not so hard..as the clocks have changed seem a bit more motivated to have a last rush around the park at 7.30 ish….my hubby is no slim jim and i am noticing more and more the amount of sweeties/chocs/cheese and wine he’s putting away…am i becoming a diet bore?…i try not to look but i know every sound that comes from the kitchen when i’m in the other room…he wants to lose weight as he is the heaviest he’s ever been…but its tough..best to keep my lip buttoned and lead by example!!looking for new recipes-is it worth buying the book?…see ya…:]

Hello!

I know is soo good with those sunny evenings, I was walking on the beach almost every evening (as well as jogging) loving it!

I think sometimes is best not to say anything even it is hard not to ๐Ÿ™‚ if you want to keep your marriage better keep quiet ๐Ÿ˜€

I have a book on my kindle. Recipes are good, tried 2 or 3 things, but I hate layout of the kindle version, is hard to just skip around (would be easier it the would be pic to every recipe) so I don’t look as often I would like in there. Still worth having but I would say buy it in a classic version! xx

hey issu and all…thanks for the info on book…have ordered a double book price of the orig. diet and the recipes from e.bay…should be here in about 10 days…quite right am keeping quiet about hubbys eating[keep the peace!]….bought squid for the 1st time yesterday,flash fried it for 4 mins each side in spray oil,had with salad…yummie!….have had it at restaurants battered and deep fried ,but calorie wise thats a no no…still could not find the cal. value of just plain squid but don’t think it was that much…it was darn cheap to buy[any idea?]….blotted my copy book today and had a glass of red…but its good for the arteries!…jogging on the beach wow you are good….made me feel guilty so am for a trip around with dudley…take care…:}.

Wow! I love squid but I never cooked it myself- will give it a go next time I am in the supermarket! I looked up on fitnesspal raw squid 110g 100 kcal

I had an odd combination for dinner today, small jacket potato and roasted carrot+parsnip ๐Ÿ˜€ my plan was to have poached salmon with salad, and give potatoes and roasted veg to my boys, but hubby decided to go for steak and pint at the local pub, and 4 year old wanted beans and cheese instead of fish. I couldn’t be bother to cook for myself only…

glass of wine have some medical benefits, treat it like a medicine ๐Ÿ˜‰

let me know what you think about the book xxx

hi issu and pals….many thanks for the cal. in squid…issu i don’t know how you manage to coordinate the kids meals and yours,i can barely do for the 2 of us when counting the cals….the hubby is on a cal diet now ,but no fast days…the other day he told me he “felt faint from lack of food!”…..he,d only started it 2 hours before!!.weighed today and got one stone off..yippee!!! still about 9 lbs to go…and its getting down to the hard stuff now…but clothes a lot looser…getting a cholesterol check this week to see if thats any better…the books came so wil be enjoying them today….happy thoughts..:}.

well done on a stone mark!!!!!!!! yippee!!!!
    good luck with you cholesterol!

hahaha men, heh? โ€œfelt faint from lack of food!โ€ made me giggle.

My hubby made mistake of telling me we eat to much meat when I started fasting, so I serve it 2 a week now, 2x oily fish, 2x veggie meal plus one with any sea food. I do have to add beans, chick peas or lentils to the veggie meal as he says ‘he isn’t on diet’ if i don’t ๐Ÿ˜€ I know he regrets it now, and looking in the fridge for ham or any meat but as I don’t eat bread I hardly buy any cold meat anyway. That will teach him ๐Ÿ˜›

I’m lucky my 4 year old eats pretty much anything, so don’t have to stress to much. He is at school till 4 pm anyway so I need to only worry about dinner really, so on fast days, I don’t touch food till then and eat whatever I cooked for tea. baby doesn’t have choice but to eat what is on the front him ๐Ÿ™‚

I hit 2 stone mark today, and also have 9 lbs to go, to my ultimate goal, so I know how it feels. Every kg is noticeable now, and I get positive comments from my friends now so it keeps me motivated. 9 lbs for both of us then ๐Ÿ™‚ looking at my old posts -29 lbs less with the only diet I could ever keep up. I had a hot dog and ice cream, packet of crisps, and had bottle of prosecco over weekend- love the fact I don’t feel guilty at all. weekends are my down fall as we usually have a trip somewhere nice and end up eating out. But at least I’m moving around ๐Ÿ˜‰

fasting today! Making veg masala from the book, with cauliflower rice for me, regular one for the boys! xxx

Well done ๐Ÿ˜€

hey issu and pals….you’ve done so well with the loss so far…as you said we’re both “9 pounders” ..think i was probably that at birth!!the veg masala sounds good ..have seen a few good recipes in this book..chicken salad thai style..and many more but i will have to shop for all the different spices,i think if i have them in the store cupboard i will certainly make the effort[plus the tinned chick peas etc]….although the prosecco weekend sounds brill!! husband has lost 5lb the 1st week which is great …i hope he will not get disheartened as it slows down…i put a little tupperware treat box for him with some chopped up marathon and jelly jubes…he’s just found it…sounds of pure pleasure coming from the kitchen…he’s easily pleased..its just as well!!!…have a guilt free weekend-chill out…:].

It’s well worth if to shop for spices and herbs, they last for ages too. It’s the fresh herbs I’m always short of- May have to invest some time in growing my own. Going shopping tomorrow, made a list ready with menu for whole week ( have to plan ahead otherwise I loose it on my non fasting days hehe ) I did some maths and calculated I have to fast 44 times, and stick to my TDEE on my non fasting days to loose the last bit of fat. Almost made it 43 today but Easter Fund Day at school prevented it ๐Ÿ™‚ I was doing great, even though school did ” school dinner tasting” for parents, and as my child eats at school I was keen to see what they eat. There was cake everywhere and my child passed few half eaten cakes to me and they all but one mouthful went to the bin. We went for ice cream afterwords ( like he didn’t have enough sugar already ๐Ÿ˜‰ and lady in the shop gave ice cream for my 7 months old too, you can imagine it went everywhere so I just finished it of, hate wasting food! ๐Ÿ™‚ wanted to be good so had soup at home, but it wasn’t enough so had filet of salmon and nuts. There is another day tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚ keep giving your hubby treats he may stick to it ๐Ÿ˜‰ my is the skinny type so there is no way I can have him on my side ๐Ÿ™‚ he actually went of ” fattening diet” once where for whole month he forced himself to eat HUGE portions and tone of chocolate/ crisps etc and he lost 4 pounds. He said he would get heart attack if he continued so it finished after first weighting ๐Ÿ˜€ not fair heh?

Hi hungry, just looked at our earlier posts and it just got to me YOU LOST STONE IN 6 WEEKS (taking a week off for your holidays in my favourite canary island!) Sorry for shouting but if you carry on like this you may reach your goal in expected 14 weeks !!!!! In fact sooner then that. That’s something to think of at the weekend! New slim happy you just before the weather turns hot! Happy days ๐Ÿ™‚

hey issu…just a short note..glad i am doing o.k.on the plan…the school do seemed very enjoyable,the problem with me is once i start on the sweet stuff i could go mad…so i have to be really strict..the hubby is sticking to it ,although he is dipping into the jars of nuts i use for cooking…weighed out 150cals worth into his hand so hope he got the message..at the moment he is watching “man v food” and describing the humungoes sandwiches and burgers they are all scoffing…and he says they are all thin…must be on drugs or something!! did a thai chicken salad from the book tonight..delish!..although the recipe said for 4,we had half each :{ but that was only 288 cals each so not so bad…you were right once you’ve got all the gubbins in the cupboard to go more exotic its good fun…enjoy sunday..and possibly some more prosecco,i am going to count in 2 glasses of cava!!hey go wild!! :]….{did i say this was a short note?}

Thai chicken salad sound good, it is what I am having tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚ how did the cava gone down? Did you stop at 2 glasses? I had whiskey and diet coke last night and feeling it today hehe, although I did fast today it was rather hard. I had both of my boys at home today and we spend most of the day outside. Cycling trip to the park, and lots of fun on the beach and on hangover and first day of my period I am impressed with myself for not looking my temper with my children ( lol) went to protest march on Sun and swimming with my 4 year old on Sat so at least I wasn’t just sitting on my bum or cleaning the house as usual ๐Ÿ™‚ how was your weekend hungry? You sound like a proper hard cookie with you scales in your hand weighting husband’s nuts ( sounds rude ๐Ÿ™‚ ) did he get a hint !? Now I have completely different image in my head but will say no more ๐Ÿ™‚ xxx

hey issu…sounds like you had a good day…all that activity makes me feel very lazy…yes i was good only 2 glasses of cava…not like you ..you little tinker..find i’m not doing the 2 fast days..have been reading the book and they say its best to have breakfast ..then no lunch…and have dinner…but found it very tough to go without food during day..will leave it till tuesday to try the next fd….can’t go without breakfast either…i’m just a hungry bugger!!the weight is sticking a bit now getting down to the tough stuff..was taking in [sewing]2 pairs of my trousers this week…hubby said not to bother as everyone puts it back on ..but as you said its got to become a way of life…suddenly he’s become an expert!…and yes i’m still weighing his nuts!…have fun over the holiday weekend..not too many easter eggs…:}.

Hi Hungry! Tell your husband that women which lost weight live loner then men who say they’ll put it back on ๐Ÿ˜‰ he has some nuts heh? ๐Ÿ˜‰ there is no way I could eat breakfast. Never could stomach them anyway. I get starving if I force myself so I just keep once bad habit of not eating breakfast and say is good for me with all fasting science behind it ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’ve overdone over Easter and ended up very ill shivering under a blanket with every muscle hurting on Sun. Felt a bit better today, so I stupidly strapped 10kg baby to myself and went for a 2 miles walk with my 4 year old cycling. End of walk had a very steep hill so need up carrying his bike and pulling him up the hill. By the time I reached the park, I was covered in sweat, shivering again. Got the bus back but it took 2 hours, paracetamol,ibuprofen, hot tea and food to stabilise. When will I ever learn? Every muscle still hurting but at least I haven’t got fever anymore. What I did learn over Easter is I can differ in between hunger and thirst now, which is lovely and I can enjoy one cupcake and leave the rest alone at least till the next day ๐Ÿ˜‰ how was your Easter? Looking forward your reply, have a feeling it will make no giggle again. Xxx

hey pals and issu…sorry to hear you have been unwell..some kind of wild virus …suggest no exercise till fully fit…the weight loss seems to have come to a halt though not doing the fast days as just can’t get my head round it at the moment…i had planned a fast day last monday and then the hubby said “lets go for a tapas lunch” well he didn’t have to say it twice!!though i was good,only 3 glasses of wine (all day)a few olives (well about 15!!} one large meatball in tomato sauce,a little chicken breast,and a piece of omelette,which i didn’t really wan’t but forced it down!!….he had much the same plus a glass of sangria and a huge slice of tiramasu,the little tinker!….since then all out of sorts just getting back to normal now…always feel a bit bloated but i do like bread,so decided to make some RYE bread for a change…it was like a brick!…but very nice toasted..have to be careful not to drop the loaf on the floor as could crack a few tiles!…have got out of the cupboard my old juicer so am going to try out some spring juices to put some zing in my tail!…they ran out of squid at the supermarket so got octopus instead..it was like chewing an old bike tyre..don’t try it..it put the offcuts on the bird table,there is still a googly octopus eye looking at me out there…still its kept away the seagulls!! all for now ,stay fit and take it easy..:}.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply.