New – Fasting Days are a Struggle! Looking forward to seeing Results!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
New – Fasting Days are a Struggle! Looking forward to seeing Results!

This topic contains 33 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  akarillo 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

• Just started this diet I’ve decided to have Shake That Weight shakes on the 2 fasting days. I am 34 years old and need to lose about 3+ stone. Be good to have some support and hear your success stories. 😉

Hello there, I have started today too. I decided to start with a fasting day, it is going well so far ;). My aim is to lose 20kg (around 3 stones also). I am delighted to join you in this madness. Talk to you soon

Hi, Good to hear from you. Let me know how you get on when you weigh in. I’m off on Holiday in January, so this is keeping me on track. I’ve chose to fast on Tuesdays and Thursday when I am in the office and not with my little boy eating all his left overs!!! lol.

Good luck this week. 😉

Hi – i’m also a newby and looking to shift 20kg! First fast day today – nothing but liquids so far and although i’m hungry i’m not quite at the gnawing the furniture stage! I’ve decided on a M&S fuller for longer dinner meal tonight so i know i’m at the right number of cals for the day. Aiming to fast again on Thursday although i think the days i do it each week will probably vary due to my schedule. Really keen to keep this going and looking forward to chatting to others about it all! 🙂

Good Luck Ladies! Lets hope the scales show results on Monday – Fingers crossed!

🙂

First day of fasting almost finished. Everything was going ok, no hunger pangs and no stress…until I started cooking dinner. Had a celery and nectarine salad with a side of green salad, ha!, while I watched my girlfriend eat her pork chop and chips. I have to remember not to binge tomorrow and stick to my 1700 cal in non fasting days. How about you? How was your first day?

Hi newbies and welcome:

Here are some tips that might help: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

I felt things went ok for me yesterday. I was pretty obsessed with food but i guess that is to be expected when starting out. Luckily my partner was out at dinner time so i didnt have to watch him tucking into anything yummy! I’m now faced with a dilema, i was going to fast again on Thursday but our plans have changed and i either have to fast again today (not really relishing that prospect!) or just doing one day this week and trying to get back on the wagon with 2 days next week. Again, i don’t currently feel massively hungry right now but i’m not sure my resolve is currently strong enough for back to back days…..anyone got any advice?

Not sure. I am new to this. I would try to do low carbs and low cals today, but maybe not fasting levels, just lower than usual (try for 1000 cal?)and try to up your level of activity: 30 min fast walk or something like that to burn the extra calories. Or just stick to one day this week. At the end of the day this is a marathon (this is the way I see it anyway) Think long term. All the best!

Thanks akarillo – i’ve gone for the low(ish!) cal option for today. As you say, its a marathon not a sprint! :)Hope your day’s going well!

Week 2 and already struggling! I couldn’t make the 500 day 1 I guess I went to 650, so slightly annoyed with myself, but I’m hoping day 2 this week will be a good day and I’ll keep it up, all I can think about is food on fasting days and I am picking even if it’s only carrot sticks or 1 crisp of my 2 year olds lunch.

As for exercising on fast days! how can people manage exercise and not feel hungry afterwards, I am determined but it is not easy. but this is a lifestyle change and I don’t expect to see results for a few months yet!

Hi SunnyB – Don’t beat yourself up – you’ve made the decision to do this and make a positive change in your life which is massive! Keep going and i suspect it will get easier (just new to this myself but i know others that are on it and that is certainly the feedback there). I thought about practically nothing bar food yesterday and i’m hoping that will change. I’m concentrating on getting the foody bit sorted first and will tackle upping my exercise after a couple of weeks or so…..i know myself and too many things taken on at once is a recipe for disaster! Keep positive!

Thanks Elkayfrink, how can we not be obsessed after all food is a big part of our lives, and we are taking the decision to change this for the better, glad to join this forum, positive feedback and encouragement etc. I want to loose 20 kg left over baby fat from 2 yrs ago time to get going and dream about getting back into jeans minus the muffin top and back fat!

Good luck everyone now I can look forward to Thursday day 2 determined to stick to 500.

Where can we find recipe advice?

Hi Sunny B, I want to drop 20kg (or 3 dress sizes) too. I didn’t obsessed too much about food yesterday (fast day) but I have to say I was pretty busy. Whenever I felt my resolve falter I had a hot drink (coffee early in the morning and after that, green tea after green tea). It helped so there is an idea.

About recipes, I found this in this website:

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/forum/food/recipes-and-meal-plans/

and this is from the BBC

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/under-200-calories

Good luck!

Well today is my 2nd fasting day! I am at work and my 2 year old has had me up since 3:30am! ;-(

I have only been having shakes on my fast days but have to say struggling in the evening when cooking my husband and my sons dinner! I have also been going to bed early so I don’t pick! I just keep telling myself I can eat as soon as I wake up in the morning ha ha… I also have my January holiday in mind so keep thinking of all the nice foods I can eat on that if I lose enough weight that is! I cant face another holiday looking like a beached whale!

You are all doing so well, let me know how much you lose on your weigh in – Mine is Monday.
    😉

@sgood, 2nd fasting day for me too! so far I have had two white coffees and I will have yogurt and fruit for lunch and tomato soup for dinner. We are kind of mirroring each other because I also struggled when I cooked dinner on Tuesday and also went to bed early so I didn’t have any snacks. My cravings for sugar and chocolate were killing me at that point. Looking forward to Monday. All the best!

Hi all. I just joined. Been doing the 5:2 for about 4 weeks now 🙂

Hi @claudine3 how much weight have you lost? And now you have been doing this diet for 4 weeks does it get easier? 😉

Disaster! Today was meant to be fasting day, but I had a really unexpected work lunch and wolfed down an omelette (220 cal) and chips!! (336 cal). A total car crash for my day. I can’t not have dinner, so my week is not starting great. 🙁 . And it is weighing day too. Lets hope for good news tonight 🙂

Hi akarillo. Stop beating yourself up. There has been no disaster and no car crash. Have your dinner and view today in a more positive way. Simply move your 5:2 day to another day and do not worry about it. Keep things simple, ensure that you have low G.I foods and sufficient protein to keep you fuller longer. The beauty of the 5:2 is its flexibility. On non fast days have sufficient food to meet your daily needs.
    Good luck.

@couscous. Thanks for your support. I was just disappointed with myself hence the ranting. Will try again. Monday result: lost 1.8 kg almost 4lb woohoo. Very happy with my first week progress. Fasting day tomorrow, hopefully everything will run smoothly unlike today. I hope you guys have a similar progress. All the best.

I only lost a pound Monday! Not impressed. I’ve found myself eating tons on my non fasting days! gggrrrr. I need to keep this diet up as have this holiday in January #iwillbethin!

Fingers crossed for a much bigger weight loss next Monday. 😉

Hi all, managed to lose 0.4kg this week. Only managed to fast one day and tried not to go massively overboard on the rest of the week but aiming for 2 days this week so keeping my fingers crossed for more progress next Tues weigh in. Unfortunately my 2 days this week will need to be back to back so that will be a struggle! sgood – a pound loss is a pound lost…good on you! akarillo – thats a fantastic weight loss – well done! 🙂

Hi all, i started last week and i tried 3 fasting days (as i felt i needed to jumpstart my body) – however i only lost 0.4kg. at first i was disappointed but then i remembered i have always lost weight extremely slowly (hence why i wanted to jumpstart it). PLUS i realised – hey … i am 0.4 kg lighter .. not heavier .. so that is a good thing. as for recipes … i am a real foodie (there is no way i could survive on shakes) … i googled 5:2 recipes .. as well as dinner recipes under 300 cals (as i have lunch 200 cals and then dinner 300 cals). it is amazing what you can do with 100 – 150 grams of lean protein PLUS a simple salad or steamed vegies … low calorie … maximum nutrition .. and the best of all .. its very filling. Also – i can simply add some carbs for my children and they have a normal meal – it saves trying to prepare separate meals. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE … I am looking forward to sharing our successes …. 🙂

On my second shake of the day it actually tastes nice.. but I’m sure not as nice as the fish and chips my colleagues are eating! boohoo. I just keep thinking I don’t need that.. I heard a good quote the other day so I will share..

“Dieting is hard. Being fat is hard” – Choose your hard

😉

that is a really good quote, I like it.

Hi Sgood .. just think .. you can have the fish and chips on your non fasting day .. that way you have the best of both worlds .. and you are doing something positive for your long term health … 🙂

Struggling today, even though it is not a fasting day which means I can have around 1700 cal. Do you guys struggle in “feast” days? or Am I going too far?

hi – I’m on my fast day today so am STARVING! Lol! I must admit last week, when i was on my normal days, i didn’t count cals at all akarillo (although i did try to cut out snacks that i would previously have had to some extent!) I hate counting cals and it is a bug bear and i know down the line i’ll need to pay more attention to it but for now i’m just going to stick to 3 square meals a day when not fasting and “wine treats” at the weekend and see how it goes. I’m only on week 2 though so i may well find this doesn’t work……sorry, prob just raving now!

hi akarillo … while i am no expert … from what i have heard (i know 3 guys and 1 lady at my work who have done this for between 6-12 months) … and what i have read .. initially a lot of it is mind over matter … its our body’s way of saying “hey you didnt feed me as much as normal the other day .. so lets make up for it today …”. I’m sure in time you will settle into a pattern … but until … dont be too hard on yourself .. eat if you are hungry .. just try not to eat too many bad things … good luck … 🙂

sgood love that quote, I also like the one that says ‘don’t give up what you want most for what you want now’

Hi thanks for all these posts – they are helping me through a fast day. I use this forum as ‘snack replacements’ – they feed me in another way. I liked the quotes, I shall stick to ‘what I want most’ and ‘choose my hard’ and that will help my mind not to ‘rebel’ and stay with my fast – for today.
    All the best
    Bootsy (started early Sept)

Another fast day under my belt. Thank you all for your comments about non fasting days. Hopefully in a couple of weeks time the cravings for chocolate and cakes and all things “carb” will be less intense. So I know I will struggle tomorrow. All will be worthy if I can shake another kilo (maybe more) come Monday. Good night!

Fasting day today, and I am so hungry. I didn’t lose much this week, I took it easy on my Feast days and have lots of cakes and sweets. That made me lose only 100 g instead of the kg I was hoping for. Today I was really determined but my stomach is growling and I still have two hours to lunch. How is everyone doing today?

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply.