My story, including the time since I left these forums.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
My story, including the time since I left these forums.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  heavens-hazzard 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Lots of you know me, so you can skip the first half of this.
    I am 22 years old (and 5ft 1) right now, but last year, during the summer I had a small fall – during that fall I broke my knee a couple of times, and dislocated it. I also damaged all the ligaments and tendons in there, breaking something to that effect in the process.

I spent a lot of time in a wheelchair, even after my operations I was still in my wheelchair for 7 months, I occasionally got crutches but it hurt me so badly it kept triggering my epilepsy – and giving me seizures, which set back my healing time.

After all my operations and wheelchair fun, I have to say I got a bit sad – and I won’t deny I ate too much.
    That with the combination of the fact that I used to work out a lot and then I couldn’t do anything…in the end I put on over three stone, bringing me up to 11 stone.

Between the time I started my physio at Christmas last year and summer time, I lost all the weight – very quickly.
    I think it was mostly because I could get up and do my work outs again and the diet was helping ALOT.

But now, my seizures have gone mental, so I have been told not to work out.
    I broke the rule once and had a massive seizure and didn’t get out of bed for 48 hours…so I figure that they were right, rather than being cautious.
    So now I am back up to 126pounds – which is fine.

But my muscle tone is disappearing, which is sad.

I thought some people may want to hear my story. I left this board because a couple of individual people were being unpleasant towards me. It is a shame because I wish I had people I could have spoken to about my problems, expecially when I was particularly sad about my weight.

I hope I can work out again soon.

Good luck everyone.

I’m sorry to hear about your set backs but also sorry to hear that you’ve been treated unpleasantly (I left all social media a couple of years back the first instance I was trolled! So I get where you are coming from)

What you have achieved is incredible really, on a short time scale and when other pressures may have made someone else in your position simply quit.

Maybe you’ll be able to get back on the work outs again in time, you are still very young and it sounds like you fight a good fight, its amazing what humans can accomplish so don’t give up hope!

Thank you for your inspiring story and don’t let the b*stards grind you down!

Little Wing 🙂

Heavens, I have found the lovely people on these threads overwhelmingly supportive and positive. Such a shame you had the misfortune to run across a couple of negative Nellies, but do give us another chance. Look at the recent posts, follow a thread or three that seems to offer the support you need, and when you are ready, take the plunge. 🙂

I am constantly amazed at the personal struggles that are being shared here, and the amount of support and love that is given. So many contributors have no-one in their family or friends’ groups to talk to, and here they can gloat, whinge, celebrate or mourn without (almost) criticism or judgement.

I am sure you have researched the benefit fasting has for epileptic seizures, but if not, do have a look around at the subject, it’s inspiring. Best of luck with your recovery. xxx

Thanks you for your posts, I know some of my new medication particularly could be responsible for not letting me into my jeans.
    I cannot deny I miss my work outs, and I miss looking good (or what I define as good)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.