My progress…exciting!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
My progress…exciting!

This topic contains 1,342 replies, has 78 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 1,349 total)

• Welcome back la dolce it’s good news that you didn’t put on any weight. I’d be looking at putting on lbs if I went away because just can’t resist someone else’s cooking lol.

Hello!! I am struggling to get back to a routine of fasting…:-( i need to get back on track but just not able to. Perhaps the recent travel has thrown me off for a bit πŸ™

my heart goes out to you la dolce

all day yesterday i was feeling so hungry and binging on nuts/raisins and youghurt bars

but i did go to the gymn and felt the difference especially today when my belt was too loose!- so used my mums belt!

our guest last week was not exacvtly thankful and we did a lot, ate too much and made ourselves exhausted to make them happy

today is my fast day and for breakfast i had to eat some of my mums left over cakee……….

i am working a few days a week in newcastle

where are u guys?-trying my utmost to focus but my mum and work are distractibg

distracting

Hi David, it’s my day off and not feeling too well today so haven’t been on the forums. Can’t you distract yourself with something to take your mind off eating (if that’s what you mean). Are you fasting today? Mines not until tomorrow but trying to be careful today aswell because went a bit mad yesterday eating rubbish and had wine last night and don’t want to put on weight at my Friday weigh in! I don’t expect to lose this week but maintaining would be good at least.

thks Karen if i am distracted I loose my focus on this system, the way I work is to be off my fast/calorie counting at the week ends and operate calorie restriction counting in the week with 2 fast days as the days i eat very little.

with weigh in oin a friday my 2nd fast day

Hello to both…david keep reminding yourself of the joy you get on the weigh in day…that always gives mr a high and I stick on to the fast.

Karen…hope you feel better…i always eat bad when i am feeling ill…i let myself go a little bit but try and bounce back soon.

I am waiting to report some huge losses again πŸ™‚ cant wait for that thrill πŸ™‚

Hi La dolce. I’m feeling very under the weather with a respiratory virus but not feeling very hungry today so hopefully won’t eat badly. Just drinking plenty of fluids and resting and may take tomorrow off work if I still feel poorly in the morning. Hopefully I’ll at least stay the same on Fridays weigh in but a small loss would be good.

THKS LA DOLCE, TODAY i told someone i lost a stone sine my first weigh in! on 10 march- yeah think of the weekly weigh in! thats all thats important

well guys where are you? having a hard time? it was my fast day yesterday and my weigh in. same as last week i guess, after eating out so much with our guest- I stayed the same- and new job- like; shall i have ryvita for my lunch or shall I have my mums delightful leftovers which I cant calorie count? shall i have a low cal bar/or 2 for breakfast? or shall i have bananas? its the power of mental focus/stregth/discipline/logic over emotional temptation.

Hi david…i was struggling…but now on track…great that you didnt put on any…good luck for the weekend and the upcoming week…may we all see some losses πŸ™‚

Hi guys – I put on half a lb at weigh-in yesterday which I kind of expected because I’ve been off work with this awful virus the last 2 days and couldn’t get out walking with my dog. I suppose it’s better than it might have been and I tried some jeans on the other night which were too small a couple of months ago and I’m actually fitting into them so pleased with that. I wish I’d measured myself from the beginning now because maybe I lost inches instead!

So here’s hoping for a loss next Friday πŸ™‚

Hi Everyone!

I am due to weigh myself next friday too Karen … but this is my FIRST time on the diet and my FIRST weigh in … so I am hoping that I will have lost maybe if I am really lucky the 2lb from my 10 stone 2 lb … but a Pound would be good too (smiles)

I might grab an old pair of jeans that are too tight and just see if I can ever back into them! ….

Good luck to you for your friday ”)

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for your weigh in dream girl πŸ™‚

David Hi there!

I am new here but just read your posting … you appeared to have posted several posts and no one responded in between but I am sure you can tell since

Karen and la dolce vita responded and now myself you are not ALONE and maybe we can distract you slightly?

You sound like you have it mostly in hand I have no idea how I will do on this venture but I hope I can lose a stone like you did for me that would be a great start and motivation! …

I think you should post on here as you are doing when you are tempted and then we can slap your wrists! and tell you NO as you can do the same to me ( and I’m sure the other girls too! )

How are you doing today? ( smiles )

Hi karen…i really wished i measured myself too..my weight is the same but an old pair of pants are now fitting me!!!! πŸ™‚

hi dreamgirl…welcome to the forum…i created it to serve as a journal and david and karen have been my great companions…glad to have you join us! Goof luvk for week one…it has been such a fantastic journey for me and i have benefitted so much via this way ofeating…:)) good luck again and keep us posted

Hi david…hope u r being good πŸ˜‰

Hi guys, hope everyone is well and watching what you’re eating. Well, it’s a beautiful sunny day up here in the North East of England and I’m feeling much better after spending most of yesterday in bed feeling ill. Thankfully I felt much better by last night and me and husband went out for a meal, up until then I’d only had a toasted teacake and fluids. What’s weird is that I couldn’t finish my meal, I felt so full so I’m guessing my stomach has shrunk or something. I’m going to venture out with my dog Harvey this morning and get back into exercising, which I think helps with my weightloss and looking for a lb or so off by Friday.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Oh I forgot to ask you Dreamgirl, where in the world do you live?

hi karen not that i always do it but the best thing bto remember when you have a bug is to drink lots of liquid and eat fruit- carbs confuse the system coz most are hi gyceamic load/low clycaemic index, and they have propportionally alot less trace nutrients,(phyton nutrients) esential for the immune system

i will have to remember we share our weigh in day.
    “Hi guys – I put on half a lb at weigh-in yesterday which I kind of expected because I’ve been off work with this awful virus the last 2 days and couldn’t get out walking with my dog. I suppose it’s better than it might have been and I tried some jeans on the other night which were too small a couple of months ago and I’m actually fitting into them so pleased with that. I wish I’d measured myself from the beginning now because maybe I lost inches instead!

So here’s hoping for a loss next Friday :-)”

thks dreamgirl,

just remember focus on the system-5 2 not the numbers! thats how i am doing it. my target 5 2 is tuesdays and thursdays/weigh in friday and a low cal diet on other weekdays, and as a treat i have breakfast on saturdays! things do throw you out, but never get downhearted, thats how i lost 2 stone with weightwatchers in 6 mths but then put it back on again since it was xpensive and i lost hope/obsessed to much about the numbers.

sunday ws a treat and i enjoyed sunday lunch! now i am back on calorie counting for another 5 days and hope i can focus even more!

“David Hi there!

I am new here but just read your posting … you appeared to have posted several posts and no one responded in between but I am sure you can tell since

Karen and la dolce vita responded and now myself you are not ALONE and maybe we can distract you slightly?

You sound like you have it mostly in hand I have no idea how I will do on this venture but I hope I can lose a stone like you did for me that would be a great start and motivation! …

I think you should post on here as you are doing when you are tempted and then we can slap your wrists! and tell you NO as you can do the same to me ( and I’m sure the other girls too! )

How are you doing today? ( smiles )”

la dolce!
    my hero,
    i was new at the same time and when i look back i can quote exactly to the lbs how much i lost so far, i am seeing waisteline benefits! i tried some trousers i hadnt worn f ages a week or so ago! and they fitted! ones wardrobe increases with every 1lb lost!

next i want to get into a pair of (ugh,ugh, ugh!) CHINOS! which were the in thing in the 1980s!-thats how old i feel.

“Hi karen…i really wished i measured myself too..my weight is the same but an old pair of pants are now fitting me!!!! πŸ™‚

hi dreamgirl…welcome to the forum…i created it to serve as a journal and david and karen have been my great companions…glad to have you join us! Goof luvk for week one…it has been such a fantastic journey for me and i have benefitted so much via this way ofeating…:)) good luck again and keep us posted

Hi david…hope u r being good ;-)”

Hi guys (smiles)

Thank you for your replies …. I feel at home in here (giggles)

I am from close to Bluewater in Kent …

I had a great weekend … spent all yesterday with my youngest Son and his girl walking the hound (my Boxer) walked 8 miles stopped off for lunch all within my fast day’s calorie allowance. I’m allowed to eat normally today and tomorrow and my next fast day is wednesday! … hoping that I am going to sail thru my first week … fingers crossed (smiles)

Drinking water too …

Hello Dreamgirl , welcome to the forum , I am now in my second week , Today is my first “Fast Day” of the week , and i can tell you i also feel very much at home on here the support is fantastic from everyone, And all the rest of the gang on here (lol) πŸ™‚ I do hope you all had a lovely weekend, So far today I have had 6 x asparsgus , soft boiled egg (My Favorite on a fast day) and 200ml of tom juice all in i got it too 117Cals .

Ok I will be popping on and off all day so i am looking forward to your replies . Good luck to everyone who is Fasting today , keep drinking the water
    Ken πŸ™‚

Hi David – that’s so sweet! Thank you for the little compliment. I am so happy you are seeing benefits! Way to go!! May you lose many more inches and pounds. You and I started here at the same time – so glad we are still on this journey!

Hi Karen – glad you are feeling better and yes, I am trying to watch what I am eating πŸ™‚ it’s getting easier…glad I have this small circle for support!

Hi dream girl – great that you feel at home – it really helps especially on tough days to have someone cheer you on.

Hello Lancsken – good to hear from you again, you are doing really well! Way to go!

Have a great week everyone!

La_doice_vita_222 , Thank you , it really is a good feeling when you log on and find someone has mentioned you, it just gives you that extra lift and that bit more encouragement to continue,

Oh Dreamgirl I must just say that when i was in the Army the BEST posting I ever had was Dover in Kent ( just a bit of useless trivia) ha ha but it is true.

David, well I have not had my first weigh in yet i was going to do it on Friday morning after my next fast day on Thursday (What do you all think )?
    I will be back on later , just going to cut the grass now
    TTFN from Ken

Here is a Q for you. = Do you all pop on here quite frequently even when you are not on a fast day ??

Hi again lancsken…i know what u mean…it is quite encouraging πŸ™‚
    To answer your questions…i log in every single day as I created this thread as a daily jounel…keeps me on track and focused.

As for weigh ins…i do it everyday but update my journal only once a week after a fast day…fridays works best as i tend to be a little bad on weekends πŸ™‚

la_dolce_vita_222 thank you so much , i will start to log on each day from now I hope you dont mind me joining your gang lol πŸ™‚

I noticed that there are a lot of different threads ,which i also think is very good because it gives you a very wide range of topics to choose from.

Yes, yes, yes. Every day I also have my threads to email that way you do not miss a thing. Happy Fasting.

Sure lancsken…the more, the merrier πŸ™‚ i do read other threads…and learn from people’s experience…but if it is a very old one i cant get my self to join the conversation πŸ™‚

Agree JIPWGP…and happy fastinf to you too!!!

Morning all and yes I agree with dolce, the more the merrier on this thread, it keeps us going and motivates us to keep on the straight and narrow.

Hi Dreamgirl, you are wayy wayy down South from me! I’m up here in Darlington in the North East.

Just wondered how many lbs you guys are needing/wanting to lose overall? Just curious because I didn’t originally need to lose much weight really, only enough to feel happier in my clothes when I go on holidays in 7 weeks time, plus I’m 51 and the health benefits seem to be worth it too. I’m not really overweight but I’m very small framed and every extra lb shows up around my middle and being a ‘certain age’ I’ve found it creeping up. I wouldn’t say it’s melting off fast because I’ve only lost about 4 lbs but I’m already noticing I can fit into clothes that I couldn’t 2 months ago so must be losing inches so I’m happy with that. I only want to lose about another 4 or 5 lbs. My husband needed to lose around a stone, has never dieted in his life but has already lost 8 lbs in 4 weeks and is the slimmest I’ve seen him in about 10 years so is doing really well. I’m finding that the less you have to lose the harder it is to get those last few lbs off which is frustrating but at least it’s coming off slowly.

Well I’d better go and finish getting ready for work so hope everyone has a lovely day – the sun is shining up here in the North East and doesn’t it make us feel better!
    x

Hi Karen….i remember noticing that you did not need much to lose. The best thing about this way of eating is that it helps knock of inches and david and I have seen that and now you too!

I have atleast another 45 lbs to lose. I have lost around 29lbs so far via tracking my calories via myfitness pal. Here I have lost inches…lost lbs but they keep fluctuating…

have a good day everyone!

Hello and Good morning JIPWGP , Karen , Dolce , David & Dreamgirl and anyone else who joins our merry little band πŸ™‚

JIPWGP , that is a good idea to have the threads sent to e mail, Ta Chuck

Karen , I think your husband is doing ever so well , I am 61 as you all know and I have got a bit portly lol (Big fat Beer belly) , i need to loose inches from my waist and about a stone and half,

It really helps with David doing so well too. you all inspire me
    Oh yeah and the sun is shining down here in Rochdale to πŸ™‚
    Lets all have a good day and I will be back on later
    from Ken

hi guys, today is my fast day, last week I was eating carbs at work and at home and at breakfast.
    this week so far I had 144cal of carbs at breakfast and will stay of them for lunch, which means sticking to fresh fruit and veg…. carrots mushrooms tomatoes- carrots have loads of d & e in them which help my skin…

thks guys, lanksen do thursday as a fast day or friday and have your weigh in the next day! thats what i do!

celebrate your weekends dreamgirl, thats what its all about! for me specially get in loads of excercise!

Thanks David , that was exactly what i had in mind, so I will be on here Friday morning either all happy (if i loose just 1 lb) or crying ,

I have also done 2 1/2 miles on my bike this afternoon as well, so i am pretty pleased with myself. πŸ™‚

thks thats good going lancksen, just remember you want the lbs off! not the muscles on! so dont overdo the exercise.

if its good news i will be here friday…. and fighting hunger till then.

Hi all, newbie here day 1 of fasting for me. No bragging intended here but just a bit of background. I know I need support, I need to get rid of some fat, im guessing about 10 or so kilos of it should do the trick, but it doesnt want to part with me. I should say I’m clearly not in the right headspace, as I understand how to shift the weight but it’s almost as if I’m out of motivational juice… Perhaps I’ve given too much away, or feel like I deserve a break, you see in the past 6 years I’ve lost 40 kilos (107lbs) but I cant seem to get back on the wagon. new things excite me, which is why I’m here for support, I’ve absolute zero support from anyone in my life (I get plenty of congrats and requests for help, my son would say everyone is taking from your bucket mummy and not filling it up…) but no one understands the kind of mental strength/support required to do this. I need to set the example in my family, we’d all be blimps if I didn’t, and oh the whinging that comes with healthy food choices… anyway, apologies for the negative rant, I need support! (or perhaps I need mental institution!) I ran the 5:2 past my doctor first, wanting to have a serious discussion about his perspective of the information available out there on 5:2, I’ve read some pretty convincing medical journals on it, and it definitely has merit as you are aware, and any educated person with a sense for the emotional needs of others could tell I needed support, but what do I get? he might as well have given me a condescending roll of the eyes, and a pat on the head and said it’s just another fad dearie… Ok now that I have that off my chest, I feel like I can breathe. I’ll shut up now, bet you wish I hadn’t posted eh? You guys seem like a friendly realistic bunch, so here goes…

Hi Mel@nie, You seem normal to me (and probably all regular posters). Just recognise you are different, yet just the same for all that with most posters on this site.
    Keep posting your fears, hopes and experiences on this site. We are all interested in you. Good luck.

Hi Mel@nie…welcome to this way of eating and to this thread…i am sure you would have read a few comments so you should know who we are and we try to support and encourage each other. Congrats on your 40 kilos…that is huge! And yes…sometimes we need encouragent and support…to get back on track…

This thread started as a daily journal and now has a few regular members and we cheer each other on.

i personally have another 20 Kilos to lose…and this way of eating has certainely helped…stay with us and I am sure you will feel the support….

and of course we all could do with some support ourselves!!

And yes…without appearing to boast πŸ™‚ we are a friendly realistic bunch…we have david,who’s been on here from day one with me and doing really well.Karen who has been a super supporter all thru. Ken joined us next….a very friendly person who has similar goals and is determined to reach it and dreamgirl….a cheerful, bubbly latest addition to the group πŸ™‚

And oh me! As my name suggest…I like to live a good life…and health for me is what is important at the moment…welcome and stick around πŸ™‚

Morning Melanie (although it may not be morning where you live)! Welcome to this thread and good luck on losing the weight you want to lose and well done on the weight you’ve already lost. We’re a friendly bunch on here like la dolce mentioned and check in almost daily to see how we’re all doing so you’ll get plenty of support. It sounds like your doctor is pretty ignorant of what this way of eating can do. Apart from losing weight the health benefits seem to be really good and at the age of almost 51 (next week) I’m looking to keep well, keep cholesterol/blood pressure etc low and also lose a few lbs for my holidays in June. I’ve lost about 4 lbs in about 6 weeks so far which doesn’t sound a lot but I don’t need to lose much weight so it’s harder for me to get these last few lbs off. I keep plugging away because although slow it’s going. This isn’t a fast fix diet so you need to be patient but the more you have to lose the more weight will come off so just stick with it.

Also you are doing this for you, nobody else – as your son said, everyone is taking from you and not giving anything back so do this because you want to look/feel better and you’re more likely to succeed πŸ™‚

Hello Melanie and welcome to this thread quite simply I think what you have already achieved is fantastic , So with the support you will get from everyone on here and other threads as well you will achieve the rest , we really do support each other on this thread, so welcome to the gang πŸ™‚

Is anyone fasting today , if you are good luck and remember we are all here for each other

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 1,349 total)

You must be logged in to reply.