My progress…exciting!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
My progress…exciting!

This topic contains 1,342 replies, has 78 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,101 through 1,150 (of 1,349 total)

• Ha! Glad I’m not the only one who thinks shorties take longer to slim 😀

I’m doing 4:3 this week because I didn’t fast last Saturday so today is a fast day. Sneaky weigh and I’m 1.5lbs down already so with another fast hopefully push to 2lbs. I might do it again next week in the hope my smaller jeans fit as I’m sick of wearing baggies held up with a belt! The hot weather is helping to curb my appetite which is good.

Bahahaaaaaaaaa I’m dancing around the room because my skinny jeans fit when I thought they wouldn’t!!!!!!! I measured myself and I seem to have lost a total of 4 inches overall just this week! Unusual because my weight loss isn’t particularly big. What a great start to a fast day.

Brilliant mammamoo (BTW do you mind me asking what your real name is) great start 🙂 Sometimes the scales don’t show much loss but you get inch loss instead. I forgot to measure myself before starting 5:2 so have no idea what I’ve lost in inches but I’ve gone down a dress size and with only a few lbs so don’t get too worried about numbers on the scales x

Likewise Mamamoo, I lost another 2 inches this week, but I managed to put on 1lb on the scale!! Without being too scientific does anyone know how this occurs please??

Karen, that’s great you lost a dress size! And of course the best part is buying new clothes. My name is Keri btw.

Kindle, there are lots of factors involved in weight gain/loss which is why measurements are the best indicator. When the body is not given energy from calories it uses the glycogen stores in the liver and muscles, which holds into 4g water per 1g. That’s what the “water weight” loss is at the start of a diet until the body adjusts. So when you eat the body then stores more glycogen and water. Other factors include hydration levels, how much you’ve eaten and whether you’ve been to the loo. Then there’s muscle density. Muscle weighs more than fat so if you’re exercising more then it’s common to have a small gain.

Hi keri, I really wish I’d measured now and while I’m struggling ATM it would be nice to see if I’m down by the tape measure.

Karen it’s never too late to start! There’s a progress track function on here which includes measurements but I’m also monitoring my arms, thighs, calves and the post-baby ‘spare tyre’ round the middle under my natural waistline using my phone notes.

Right I’ll do it next friday morning at my next official weigh in. Going out for a meal tonight so belly will be at hummungous proportions in the morning 🙁 I fast Mon/Thurs and do a semi fast Wednesday so hopefully weigh, measure on a Friday and see how I go! :-). Thanks Keri

That sounds like a good idea. Don’t stress out too much though, you’ve done brilliantly so far and it’s not like there’s 6 stones to come off. You need a break once in a while.

I’m having a picnic in the garden for tea at the orders of my ever so bossy 4yr old daughter! Makes a nice change but need to keep the baby contained or he will feed the lot to the dog. Beats cooking! Had some really nice pesto marinated smoked salmon for lunch today (new in Aldi) and it’s left me craving more but there’s none left so a couple of BBQ chicken drumsticks with salad will do. Hubby has been grouchy all day and is now snoozing off his hungry tummy. It’s been a long week and we didn’t get any sleep last night thanks to the baby. Needless to say it’s going to be a lazy Sunday (at my Mum’s for most of the day) and I dare say quite a bit of eating… Healthy food of course!

You’re right Keri I really only want to lose another 2 or 3 lbs (a wee bit more would be lovely to give myself a bit of leeway though) so I don’t stress too much about it.
    Little girls are bossy aren’t they, my ‘little’ girl is 20 in sept and is still bossy ,just shows they never really grow out of it! The picnic sounds lovely, I was in Aldi this afternoon but didn’t see the smoked salmon, sounds nice. You have my sympathies with sleepless babies, neither of mine slept a night through till they were about 6 months old and I had no family where I lived at the time so I couldn’t offload them while I had a snooze. It passes though and when they get to the teenage years you have problems dragging them out of bed!

We’re at the molar teething stage and the hot weather isn’t helping. The poor little chap is gnawing on anything he can get his hands on! Unfortunately the night wakings usually end up with him sleeping in my arms because he just doesn’t like sleeping alone. Once the teething eases off I’d like to get him into his sister’s room. Hopefully he will sleep better without all the snoring from Daddy!

Oh dear, poor little mite and as mums we would go through it all for them wouldn’t we. The traumas just change as they get older and looking back its sometimes easier when they are small, at least you know where they are and what they are doing. Enjoy each stage though because they soon grow up. x

Well guys I’m shattered.com! After the big blowout I had last night thought I’d better be reasonably good today so I’ve done 130 mins of walking today! Also only had 1 meal today and fluids -the meal was fairly high cal but came in well below TDEE and going to attempt 4:3 this week and only fluids till main meal ( not sure how I’ll go at work but giving it a go). I’m going to give it my all to get these last few holiday lbs off 🙂
    How everyone else done today? x

Another tired lady over here *waves hello*! Sleepless night a la baby again. I’ve been very hungry today and feel like I’ve binged but myfitnesspal tells me I haven’t (I did log everything, promise). Certainly overdid the carbs a bit but all is not lost. I’m off to bed early just in case it’s another all-nighter/stupid-o’clock wake up. Fasting tomorrow so I’ll hopefully not be so tired and hungry.

I’ll keep fingers crossed baby sleeps all night for you, sounds like you could do with a good nights sleep! I’m back to work tomorrow so it’ll be an early night for me too. Good luck with your fast tomorrow, I’m joining you 🙂

Next time cross toes too please! 3am wake up and then came down at 4 to give little man his breakfast. Feeling hungry already which is unusual as I can go until lunch without any trouble on a normal fast day. Thank goodness I went to bed at 8 last night or I’d be dying and most certainly would give up! I’ll see how I go but not pushing it too hard if I really struggle. It’s library day for the kids so that should help keep me occupied a bit.

Aww I’ll cross the lot tonight, I remember that middle of the night feeling well even though for me it was almost 20 years ago!I also weighed and measured yesterday morning, I decided that I might as well put the figures in whilst I was at a high then hopefully when they come down a bit it’ll spur me on! So this morning I’ve lost half a lb and fasting today. Not taking any lunch to work (this is a first at work so better take money in case I start gnawing my elbow)! Got some homemade soup out of the freezer for tea, it’s a very small portion so will maybe have a small omelette with it. If I do ok with that I might fast again Wed/Thurs.

So where are the rest of you guys? Keri and I have been talking to ourselves on here all weekend lol!Hope you haven’t deserted us now you’re maintaining Ken 🙁

Well off to get ready for work guys, will check in later. x

OK guys so where are you all? Getting a bit concerned now, nobody has been on the fb group either 🙁
    Are everyone OK?

I’m here! Sorry been a (deliberately) busy day. Kids are eating sandwiches and it took all my willpower not to pick. I honestly didn’t think I’d manage to fast today but I did get an extra hour to sleep earlier which has helped. How was your day?

Phew was beginning to think I was talking to myself lol!Our original members seem to have one AWOL for some reason, just wondering where they are. Hoping Ken hasn’t deserted us now he’s reached goal and maintaining.
    My day went fine, nothing to eat at work ( surprisingly easy), eating just makes me more hungry on fast days if I do it early in the day. I’ve had ham salad, strawberries and cherries for tea, plus black tea and low cal hot choc and I’ve come in at just over 300 cals – might have a latte for supper and that’ll be it. Off for a walk round the park with Harvey and hope for a wee loss tomorrow.

Sounds good, glad you had a good day! I lasted until 2 then felt a bit light headed as there temperature went up so I had some smoked peppered trout and mixed veg. I can’t go to bed on an empty stomach or I can’t sleep so I will have some strawberries, blueberries and fat free yogurt with a sprinkle of toasted almonds later. Hubby will be home by 7 so can have a nice walk with the dog.

Sounds as you’ve done well today, all healthy stuff too. Think we can pat ourselves on the back!:-)

Yes! I definitely think the forums help. It’s weigh-in day tomorrow, but not worried because I did 4:3 last week to make up for a lost day. If result is good I’ll do another 4:3 this week.

These forums have helped me loads. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for a loss in the morning for you. I’ve only managed 4:3 once and the rest of time I’ve ended up going over so you’ve done well to stick with it.

If I’m honest the hot weather has done it for me! I can’t eat much if I’m too hot. I know I’ve lost this week because my jeans/trousers are all loose.

Don’t do any jumping around in case your jeans end up around your ankles! Seriously, good for you Keri, the loose trouser dance is a good feeling :-)_

I did all the jumping in my pj’s this morning – 2.5lbs off plus 1.5″ off bust, 1″ off waist and 0.5″ off hips. Pretty happy this week! Little man only had a brief wake for a drink and a cuddle at 2am then got up at 5. Much better!

Keri, that’s amazing, well done! So how much have you lost now, and in how long? You maybe said but I’ve probably forgotten. Glad you got a better nights sleep too, at that age you take any sleep you can get!

It’s a lovely morning up here in Darlington so I’m going to walk to work, it’s about a 30 minute walk. I’ve managed 1.5 lbs off since Sunday (I’m a daily weigher just to keep an eye on things but count Friday as my official weigh in day) so happy with that. I’m getting a lift back home from a colleague though as she doesn’t live far from me. Did I mention I measured on Sunday? Well I’m going to do it again on Friday and see what happens. I want about another inch off my waist and 2.5 lbs off in total so we’ll see.

Well better finish getting ready so have a great day, see ya later x

I’m at a total of 7lbs in 4 weeks now. In between size 10 & 12 which is a bit frustrating because I have to try on absolutely everything. A lot of clothes are going this week so I can make space for new stuff. Lucky I kept my clothes from the last major slimming effort! I have some size 8 goal clothes to motivate me too. I’m trying not to weigh daily because I seem to have crazy fluctuations! Good luck for Friday, it seems to be a good week for most of us on here so I’m sure you’ll do brilliantly. And the measurements never lie like those fickle scales 🙂

Hello everyone of my lovely Fasting Family 🙂
    I have just been a bit busy these past couple of days , nothing sinister ha ha ,

Keri , you are doing fantastic young lady , just keep going , your dress size will come down , its the beauty of 5:2 everything comes down ha ha , the loose trouser dance is funny

btw i have started with the maintenance thread , but i am staying on here too as this thread is still the best and i have made freinds for life with each and everyone of you

May the Calorie force be with us all
    love
    ken
    x

Hi Ken 🙂

Thanks, the loose trouser dance certainly is a sight to behold! Definitely going to be in skirts for the next week with this dreadful sunshine. That, and I found some elasticated ones so I won’t worry about flashing the neighbours! Hubby is rather grumpy this morning because he hasn’t lost this week and won’t accept that the chocolates and half a large block of cheese he has munched on earlier in the week might have something to do with it. Well done for maintaining, glad you’re not leaving us.

Hello hello hello to all! I was locked out of 5:2 …imagine that! The creator of the thread was locked out! 😀 well all’s well now. Back im action.

And Keri…hello and welcome, I am Charmaine. Nice to have you on board and to see you so active. I have been on 5:2 since March. Lost many lbs…gained them half way as well. Now with renewed determination I am back on track. I have a 2.5 year old little girl..so I am very familiar with sleepless nights…:-)

Hi Charmaine glad I’m not the only one trying to dodge the kids snacks whilst walking around with a brain that tells you it’s your snack! I have a friend with her 3 kids visiting tomorrow so I went shopping for a few bits. By the time I got home I was starving and feeling a bit wobbly from carrying the shopping (little man is with his grandad so no buggy) so I snarfed down 1200 calories worth before I realised it. And I’m still hungry! No idea what’s up with that today, I’ve not felt that hungry last week. Oh well, light dinner later then.

Hi keri…totally relate to those days…plus i am a huge emotional eater…i eat when i am happy, sad, stressed, bored…only just controlling it. Good luck for tomorrow…enjoy your time.

Well my friend just cancelled on me as she’s having sleep trouble with one of the twins (18mths) so that means I have biscuits and crisps in the house which I usually wouldn’t buy unless out for a treat. Aaaahhh! Luckily my 11am binge today has left me stuffed and somewhat bloated from too much carbs (ate a bagel and some hazelnut wafer thingies). Can’t guarantee it won’t tempt me tomorrow though. Perhaps I should fast tomorrow seeing as I’m not doing much? I managed a 4:3 last week and hunger doesn’t bother me too much just temptation. It’s supposed to be a nice day again tomorrow so if it’s not too hot in the morning I’ll go to the park.

look at you Keri…way to go…that’s a nice way of making the best of any situation 🙂 Good luck…go for it. And let us know how you do.

I did well yesterday and the scales show it…I will however save mentioning statistics till weigh in day. I have been moving up and down with the same pounds and hopefully I get a break through and move lower than my lowest in 3-4 years. I am positive this time.

Have a good day all…do well…and stay motivated…it will pay off 🙂

Oh keep us guessing why don’t you! Fingers crossed you can break that barrier. It feels so good to achieve beyond previous targets. I’ve got another 8lbs to go to reach my lightest from 6 years ago. I’m currently at my wedding weight.

Rather pleased I’m not particularly hungry today, even though I only had fruit, nuts and yogurt for tea last night. Not even tempted by the treats I snarfed yesterday! Might as well have a fast and then it’s done so I can choose if I want to fast on Saturday or not. Feeling great today and even felt brave enough to wear a cami instead of baggy tshirt 😀

hi guys

back on my 3 fasting days again, i really over did it at the weekend with too much carb…. i said i would weigh in 26th here so I WILL! but doubt my will was strong enogh while away to have lost any lbs. hey ho

so its water and veg now for 3 days

my taste buds are totally screwed up

still no one here? if i am serioous i will goto/start w waatchers next mon! in carlisle!

Hi David, glad you’re back with us! don’t worry about overdoing it , you were on holiday and we’re allowed to indulge when we’re away 😉 Just get back into this and you’ll be fine. So are you doing 3 fasts together this week? If so that’s pretty tough I would imagine.

Nooooo don’t do WW! I just quit because I lost a measly 3lbs in 8 weeks. It’s rubbish! Their stupid points system is a pain in the bum. If you insist on giving up 5:2 then go to slimming world. I’ve done it several times and most recently before last Christmas. It works great but I get sick of eating the same stuff. I like the freedom of 5:2 even if it is a little slower.

thks thats my plan karen- i have some grapes and boiled taties incase I have cravings on the last day

3 fast days in a row? You’re mad! I’m doing 3 this week again but leaving a day or two in between. Fasting today and actually quite pleased because it’s too hot to eat. I dare day it’s a bit cooler up your way though.

Its hot here in Darlo Keri/and just had my first taste of food! Strawberries, banana and blueberries with fromage frais, twas lovely.
    There’s no way I could do 3 fast on a row David, very depressing.

Hi David! Good to hear from you. Goos luck with the back to back fast and also for the weigh in. Karen, Keri…I am done for today…feeling good and hopefully will see a change in the scales tomorrow. Good night folks!! 🙂

Suddenly feeling really tired. I even nodded off while talking on the phone! I just had a couple of chicken thighs and munched the last few biscuits that little man left in the packet and now considering breaking my fast day to try and get some energy. I’m still under 500cals if I just have fruit before going to bed. Decisions decisions!

Hi again
    I haven’t been posting recently dropped of the wagon so to speak, anyone else has a saboteur in the family, like “it is not good for you” etc., etc., back playing golf hope all you guts and gals are doing well live reading about your progress.
    Jazzy

Viewing 50 posts - 1,101 through 1,150 (of 1,349 total)

You must be logged in to reply.