My progress…exciting!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
My progress…exciting!

This topic contains 1,342 replies, has 78 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 1,349 total)

• I completed one week of 5:2 and have lost 5.7lbs. At 5feet, I started at 187 lbs, knocked off 19lbs via the normal dieting process, but fell off the wagon many times until I found 5:2! Now I am down to 162.9lbs and takes my total loss to 24.5 lbs and I feel very optimistic. I have to lose another 45 lbs to lose. I am going to update my progress as often as I can on this thread so that I can stay motivated and also support others who wish to join the discussion!

Hi and welcome:

Of course, you did not lose 5.7 pounds of fat in one week. But it is a good start. Please don’t give up. This might help you understand how fast you might lose weight going forward: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/

Good Luck!

Thank you simcoeluv, I agree…not all I’ve lost is fat…and it is more likely that all of it is water weight 🙂 And the information on that link is very useful to me, thanks for sharing. I’ve read information on a couple of other links you’ve posted…all great stuff for a newbie like me. Thanks again!

la_dolce:

You are welcome, and thank you. You can do it!

Good Luck!

i am always ready for the worst i will weigh im tomoz! 1st time! and have found a calorie counter…..

beginnig of my second week and prepared to be hungry but only just two days

Hello there…welcome to week two. Good luck with the weigh in…i will hope for the best for you. Yes, it is just two days 🙂 we can do it!!! I use myfitnesspal app to count calories…

thk you hello there too!

this week i need to focus more since i will be distracted by my mums cooking but as I have chosen tuesdays and fridays and my mum will know aybe I need to find activiries to distract myself from hunger like now!

I know what you mean…i visit my mum’s place over weekends and always keep it as a non fast day. Distraction techiniques…if you manage some succeasfully do share…:-) i keep tellig myself…”i can have this tomorrow” or “think of all the clothes that you can fit into” 😀

thks its so distracting seeing others enjoying pies and cakes! and sadwiches! but you know you are winning if you can see them and not be tempted to help yourself thats the biggest temptation when people say to you help yourself….you cant always excuse yourself-their immediate reaction if you say why not is “you dont have to go on adiet, you’re not everweight………”

I agree…very distracting and sooooo tempting! They always force me to help myaelf too…but they say to me…”you can start dieting from tomorrow”…it is wise to stay firm…or we will keep feeling guilty after indulging….but thats the best thing about this diet…there is always a day where we can indulge in our little treats!

6.8 lbs down now. Weight is 161.8…i dont mind the initial quick losses as i know it will slow down after a week or so…

Well done la_dolce_vita you are doing brilliantly!

Karen x

Thank you Karen! The words of encouragment are very welcome…especially since I did not give into the temptation of eating that doughnut on the table in front of me 🙂 I’ll just eat it tomorrow on a normal day…and maybe I won’t feel like eating it anymore :#)

You’re welcome 🙂

Onwards and downwards. x

hello there!
    2nd 1/2 of my “fasting day” i had one set of carbs last night /2 pt of beer and oooh so nice dry roasted peanuts?
    weigh in says 14 stone 9 lbs?-try and focus on the waistline and do my training today-as i thought i was around 15,7 thats not bad for a first weigh in!

Not bad AT ALL…:-) great going you!! Lets keep focusing…

and every day of mine has a carb meal. I cannot do without them 🙂

thank you had just one bananaa so far, and some tomatoes-how much rice ccan i eat/could I not eat? wit my mum’s food tonight at the end of the second 1/2 of fasting day 1!

do you carb even on your fasting day? is it within your limit-easier done on your own than in company- i mean there is carb in fruit(27g out of 236g) in an average banana for instance

i will cook 100g of brown rice between us tnight- thks again for your encouragement

didnt manage training as a distraction technique as my kiyt was left in my mums car..

Hello! Yes I do have carbs even on my fast days. But that means I have to limit my portion to little…to stay under 500 calories…but I dont mind. My staple food ishigh carb…so I want to do things that I can do for a lifetime. I do balance between protien and carbs. Have a cup of rice…say 100gms and load it up with lean meat and veggies. You can easily select a full meal with some low cal meat and veggies and continue to enjoy rice. Do you want meal options? I bought the book and they have some good meals. Then on the internet there are some great options of 500 calories meals. My strategy is…eat under target calories but eat regular food. That is the ONLY way I can do this long term…if I am too strict…i know I will give up…

Happy to encourage you…thank you for encouraging me too!

7.05 lbs down in 1.5 weeks. Looks like all my water weight is finally off…here’s to burning some real fat henceforth..I am sure losses will stabilize now…I will be happy with any steady loss I get. Total weight 161.5lbs.

Well done la_dolce, you’re doing brilliantly.

Karen x

7.57 lbs down…161lbs..in 1.5 weeks…losses settling to a nice steady pace. Today is a fast day…will try to eat nutritious food…

I weighed in this morning and since Monday I’ve lost 2 lbs (todays my new weigh-in day)! I’ve done 4:3 this week to take into account a meal out tonight and tomorrow so I guess it will even out over the course of the next few days but I’m happy with that so far.

Well done la_dolce!

x

hi thks for your reply dolce vita about carbs.
    what i dont understand is thaat when I did the questionaire about calories it said that instead of 600 on a fasting day i had 1150 about?-ok i am a man but thats sounds like a huge difference- when i use and plan my calorie counter for the day it averages about 900

well done dolce vit 7.57 lbs in 1.5 weeks!- i am now on fasting day 2 in my second week-so staying away from my mums house and FOOD!

I WILL DO TRAINING AS WELL F SURE TODAY

LOTS OF GOOD TIps here thks-sorry i lots my ineternet- yesterday”-Hello! Yes I do have carbs even on my fast days. But that means I have to limit my portion to little…to stay under 500 calories…but I dont mind. My staple food ishigh carb…so I want to do things that I can do for a lifetime. I do balance between protien and carbs. Have a cup of rice…say 100gms and load it up with lean meat and veggies.”=when i make rice for myself and my mum i stick to 100g-rice has a high GI compared to taties and means i dont have sinus/skin irritataions as much staying of wheat/yeast & dairy as much as i can… “You can easily select a full meal with some low cal meat and veggies and continue to enjoy rice.”
    yeah could you give me meal options? i can then cook for me and my mum..-thats how i can retain control-i managed to cook fish last night and leave out the oil! it was fine! “Do you want meal options? (I bought the book and they have some good meals.) Then on the internet there are some great options of 500 calories meals.”-what site address do you use?

My strategy is…eat under target calories but eat regular food. That is the ONLY way I can do this long term…if I am too strict…i know I will give up…

how many weeks karen are you into 5:2?-the day after my fasting day is usually much the same as my fasting day as FAQ says strictly fasting should be 36 hours twice a week-so on a good week i can easily end up doing 4:3 instead of 5 2

going offline again now

Karen!!! That is brilliant!! Welcome done on 2lbs gone. I had a normal dal and a late dinner and have moved up half a pound…but not a concern as it happens due to water retention..im in this for the long haul…so not going to stress the day to day variations 🙂

Thanks David! And yes…good idea to stay away from mum’s cooking on fast days 🙂 i just google “meals under 500 calories” and surf. Also there is this brillinat website called “skinny taste” she gives wonderful options. In terms of calories on fast day…they basically say we should cut down to 25% of our calorie needs…so it depends on our height, weight etc. Check out the faq on this website and see if you find a clue as to how to go about…do share what you learn…for my height…25% would be around 500…

i am going to be back on monday…weekends are a little crazy 🙂 good luck karen and david!

I’m only on week 2 David, will start week 3 on Monday with a fast.

Thanks for the encouragement la dolce. Had the first of 2 meals out last night. Hadn’t eaten much all day then had a 2 course evening meal plus wine and put a lb back on this morning which like you I’d expected. I’m out for my husband’s birthday meal tonight and actually still feel full this morning so will probably not eat much again until I go out. Hopefully it will all even out so I lose a lb by next weigh in day on Friday.

Have a great Saturday.
    x

So had a great weekend and weight has moved up by an expected overall 2.2 lbs. No worries – it happened last weekend as well. Back to fasting today – eating wholesome, home cooked food. Spillting my calories between lunch and dinner. Weight is 74.3 kilos (163.8lbs) versus Saturday at 73.3 (161.6lbs)

Good luck to David and Karen…hope your weekend went well are you are ready to take on this week with renewed energy!

Morning la_dolce I had a good weekend too and I gained 2 lb back too. I’m fasting today too and here’s hoping the scales move downwards again later in the week.

Have a great day x

hi dolce vita back again……
    fast day yesterday weigh in day today-1st test of my mums cooking!

14 stone 2lbs-its working! 7 1lbs in a week my tartget is 28 1lbs! or more!!!!

thks for your encouragement- i have found some recipies…and trying to stick to 4 3-had a huge sunday luch! and till lost 7lbs!

Well done David, I’m getting the feeling blokes lose weight much easier than us ladies though, t’isnt fair!

thks angela i surprised myself to be honest, calorie counting has always made me depressed so i go f calorie restrictions i.e. low carb hi gi which is what weightwatchers taught with its- of course the downside is its well below trent when compare to my 2 weighin. thjis was my 3rd weigh in- mind over matter thats all i say to myself always.

Hello David and Karen…horrible week. I am being very bad …probably cos it is that time of month…(sorry david). I need to get back on track. I have not lost my 2 lbs of the weekend weight.

Karen…how are you doing?

David…that is Brilliant!!! Excellent progress 🙂 can you tell me how you planned your eating…was it all very low carb…what is your typical meal on a fast day and a non fast day?

You can be forgiven for being a little bad when its that time la-dolce. Just get back in track later in the week.

I’m doing OK this week so far, have lost 1 of the 2 lbs I put on over the weekend and trying to be really good today because I think I went slightly over yesterday. Tomorrow is another fast day and this weekend I’m going to try to be careful what I eat so I don’t put on 2lb again. I have a feeling I won’t lose this week (weigh in day is Friday) but if I can go downward from next week I’ll be happy with that.

My husband has joined me now, started last Thursday and he’s doing really well so hopefully he’ll lose tomorrow when he weighs in. He needs to lose around a stone and I’m guessing he’ll do better than me. I’ve come to the conclusion men do better at this than us ladies unfortunately which is so not fair!

Hello David and Karen…horrible week. I am being very bad …probably cos it is that time of month…(sorry david). I need to get back on track. I have not lost my 2 lbs of the weekend weight.

Karen…how are you doing?

David…that is Brilliant!!! Excellent progress 🙂 can you tell me how you planned your eating…was it all very low carb…what is your typical meal on a fast day and a non fast day?

FAST DAY AGAIN TODAY
    so this eve i will avoid carb.

my plan la dolce at my mums is a) to skip breakfast as it makes me hungry in middle of day(unless its savoury)….stick to high GI/low gL fruit and veg during the day so i can feel full and only have carbs(small portion) at night-there is always loads of carb in protein foods.
    so this eve i will avoid carb.

my fast days are in the week not weekends but that is determined by your routine; its hard fasting if you are under pressure/stress due to social engagements or work.
    thks for coming back dolce vita

Hi guys

I’m pleased to say I lost another lb when I weighed this morning, the lowest I’ve been for months so I’m very happy with that.

How are you both doing?

You can be forgiven for being a little bad when its that time la-dolce. Just get back in track later in the week.

“I’m doing OK this week so far, have lost 1 of the 2 lbs I put on over the weekend and trying to be really good today because I think I went slightly over yesterday. Tomorrow is another fast day and this weekend I’m going to try to be careful what I eat so I don’t put on 2lb again. I have a feeling I won’t lose this week (weigh in day is Friday) but if I can go downward from next week I’ll be happy with that.”

karen how comes if your weigh in day is friday you knew you put on 2lbs at weekend?
    My husband has joined me now, started last Thursday and he’s doing really well so hopefully he’ll lose tomorrow when he weighs in. He needs to lose around a stone and I’m guessing he’ll do better than me. I’ve come to the conclusion men do better at this than us ladies unfortunately which is so not fair!

“Hello David and Karen…horrible week. I am being very bad …probably cos it is that time of month…(sorry david). I need to get back on track. I have not lost my 2 lbs of the weekend weight.”

dolce vita you could read the link simonecluv left below

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/

fasting day:
    getting to that hungry time of day stage…… discovered bananas have a lot more calories than tomatoes and mushrooms.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 1,349 total)

You must be logged in to reply.