Moody fasters!

This topic contains 53 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Pattience 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 54 total)

• Sounds rude, doesn’t it?

I wanted to finally introduce myself. I’ve been reading the Forums for a few weeks now and have drawn a lot of support from all those posting. I have lost 7lbs and have some way to go but every time I fast and feel a bit close to opening the biscuit tin, I have a look at the latest posts and laugh along with you all at the successes and the struggles.

One thing that has been excessively diverting has been a few rows on the Forums. Now I don’t want to reopen a can of worms (so please don’t misread my intention or start it again!) but don’t you just think we’re sometimes a bit moody on fast days? I can bite my husband’s head off just for something completely innocuous and I think this Forum might be like skating on thin ice next to a tiger enclosure at a zoo where the keeper has forgotten to lock the door! Yes, we’re mostly even-tempered and supportive but sometimes the smallest thing can knock us off balance.

Anyway, I would like to belatedly thank you for your support. It’s been really great to see your suggestions and strategies for getting through a fast day. You’re having a good laugh, it seems. And there’s nothing like a good row to take your mind off hunger!

Now, does the thoughtless, inconsiderate, unfeeling name I’ve chosen for myself really, really annoy you?! If so, I can change it – I was thinking maybe Pizzaandchips or Burgerinabun. My kids call me ‘LardAss’!

Feel free to have a row about it here!

BCC

Yes i think your name is somewhat triggering. You could also call yourself BargeBum.

I just came up with that especially for you.

No i don’t think fasting increases moodiness. I just think some of us are narky people. Forums give us a change to flex our snarkiness. In fact forums are the ideal breeding ground for it. And we’re probably people prone to depression or grandiosity. Or something else that has nothing much to do with fasting.

Maybe you’re right. I’m not fasting today but if you’d called me BargeBum yesterday there would have been a full on rant!

I don’t feel the need to get narky on a Forum, that’s what my husband’s for!

Good to hear from you.

BCC

I don’t have a husband! Maybe that’s it!

No i was suggesting you call yourself that instead of big chocolate cake. And it was a joke. And i only suggested it because you offered the other option.

Hi BCC,

I’d have to agree with Pattience that fasting doesn’t increase moodiness. In fact I’ve found fasting to be mentally very positive (and no, I don’t/didn’t suffer from depression!).

And of course people participating in rows won’t necessarily be fasting at the time they post anyway… So to blame fasting for ‘rows’ would be like blaming a row at any time of the month on pmt?!

Yes, you’re right – it was a throwaway comment. I don’t really take offence – BargeBum is as good as anything!

HappyNow – I am mentally very positive too, but mostly for achieving the fast on the day afterwards. Small milestones – but my jeans do up again, I wore a mini-skirt (even though it’s been raining all day) today, and I sleep better. Can’t wait until I look like Kate Moss!

I am fasting a full 36 hours on a 5:2, then 4:3 – no food at all but still drinking tea/coffee with milk.

Maybe I’m just moody anyway and it happens to be on fast days!

BCC,

Great news that you’re seeing results and will look like Kate Moss at goal weight!!

BTW, I’m fine with your name because chocolate cake is not my Achilles heel…!

Re: moodiness on fast days. I don’t know how long you’ve been fasting, but fingers crossed it’s just a phase that passes.

HI BCC,
    I found I was rather crabby on fast days for about the first month. My poor husband got the brunt of it. I have enough self control not to snap at people at work or my children. I guess I only expose my worst side to my husband, how unfair is that!
    I´ve been fasting since Febuary, 7 months now, and I don´t feel irritable on fast days any more.

Thanks for your posts. Well maybe being moody will pass in a week or so. I’ve not been doing this too long. Fasting again on Sunday so I’ll see who gets the sharp end of my tongue and I’ll report in!

My Husband’s been fasting since the first MM programme. He’s moody every day, fasting or not! Thin as a stick though!

When I look like Kate Moss (I’m sure it won’t be long now) I’ll change my name from BCC.

I’m fasting today and tomorrow and will let you know how my mood is by the end of it.

Lizamor – the thread is here!

Patience – looking forward to hearing that you’ve been an oasis of peace and calm (as befits your name).

HappyNow – so glad you’re on this thread. I’ve read you’d comments for ages and you’re fab (and have had a tough time). I’m glad BCC doesn’t trigger any animosity!

I sometimes get a little touchy on fast days – not moody, and I definitely feel the cold more!
    Wish I had thought of a more original name when I started posting here – I would be LargeGlassofWhiteWineandNibbles 😀

The morning after day one, currently feeling serene and benevolent. Confident i can get through another one in good spirits.

I am sure i could even feel euphoric if i would have a bowel movement! I’m drinking hot water first in the hopes this might achieve something. If not, i’ll have 10g of fruity laxative. I can admit that constipation – at a certain point – does make one feel miserable and unwell. But i ‘m not there yet – hoping to avoid

Hi Lindyw (or LGoWWaN!) – glad you’ve joined us.

Pattience – I’ve just realised you’re on a two day fast. That’s really admirable. Is it a regular thing? I did 46 hours once but didn’t fancy trying it again. Let me know how easy (or diff) it is. So glad you’re not moody. Turns out we’re mostly quite good humoured on this thread, despite the name.

Have you tried coffee? Always works wonders for me.

Fasting tomorrow – will update on moodiness levels then!

Sleep tight.

BCC

Yes i know coffee but i think its mainly the hot water effect of the coffee that is the key factor. I will have coffee later anyway. I just wanted to see if the hot water would do it for me now.

Yes i started doing two days because i didn’t realise the standard approach was separate days. I didn’t find it difficult so i thought i might as well continue since i think the effect of weightloss and anything else would be greater.

Then last week because of my schedule i decided to try to two separate days. I found it harder. I think the thing is that the longer one fasts the lower your appetite. I am fine this morning, just feeling like i did yesterday morning.

I think its worth doing on less active days to start with though to be more cautious, just in case of any difficulties. That said, yesterday i went to a pottery class in the afternoon, and found it tough throwing the pots but then the clay was quite dry. Still being occupied meant i didn’t have to contend with my appetite at all. I mean i would like to go to work on a fasting schedule though most people here seem to feel fine doing it. So maybe a Friday saturday could be a good option if you didn’t want to lose your whole weekend to it.

Anyway give it a shot.

I also like it because my non-fasting week is longer. I find after a fast, i have to get over it. There seems to be some sort of mental adjustment required. Though this may settle down in time. And if doing that twice a week, then i’m always in the throws of getting over a fast.

Hi LindyW, my work is mostly desk-based and I definitely notice I’m colder on fast days when I’m just sitting around. I think a run before work would probably keep me warm all day. I say ‘probably’ because that’s not a habit I’m likely to form! I enjoy exercise, just not first thing…. So winter will be thermals and hot water bottles!

BCC. Thanks for the welcome.
    Cruel asking Pattience if it’s a regular thing…!!

Pattience, coffee works for me also. And funnily enough so does the thought of exercise! I don’t often get out for a run or bike ride without a toilet stop first. I think it’s a fight or flight thing (evacuate first before running away!).

Interesting that you like to get both your days out of the way. I never tried back to back fasts. Not sure I’d be disciplined enough.

Try it. It doesn’t require any more discipline. Its 12.30 and i’ve eaten all my calories for the day.

I usually have some left for evening but my lunch went a little over in order to try and use up some leftovers in the fridge and get in some fibre. oh well!

Still no loo action. 🙁

Coffee works when you are not constipated. I’ll shut up now.

Pattience, did you get through okay? Did you see any other – ahem – results?!!

I am half way through my 36 hour fast (no food at all). Though I’d love to be calm and serene I am sorry to say I’m definitely moody and objectionable. Hopefully this is just a short term thing – husband has gone to the pub to get away from me! Still, he won’t complain when I look like Kate Moss (I will look like KM won’t I?).

Happy – I agree about the exercise thing. Me too! But I guess it doesn’t work if you’re really bunged up.

I will seriously think about a two day consecutive fast, but only when I’m a bit more experienced.

BCC

Found it 😉

Confessing to be a moody faster. Therefor converting to 6:1 and in addition 2×16:8.

Yes you will look like Kate Moss. I wish i had someone to aim for. I’d like to look like a white halle berry but it just aint going to happen, or Gwyneth Paltrow in Sense and Sensiblity or Angelina Jolie in all the gossip mags. But i think i’ll need a face lift. For all the youthening of my figure, my face is just drooping and i am looking more and more like one of those dogs with the droop jowls. Sigh you can’t win!

My scales must be getting mad with my progress. They have started to refuse to budge downwards. After two days of fasting they haven’t gone down at all. Yes i, ahem, saw some action in the bathroom yesterday, and again just now but guess what? After only a cup of coffee weighing about 250g i put on 400 grams! How can this be? Is it time to throw out my scales that have been with me through thick and thin, or fat and thin rather, for about 8 years.

If you are this moody after a one day fast, hubby will have to go on holiday to Spain or somewhere for a two day fast.

I’m just thinking that maybe the explanation for my stodgy scales is too much fasting. Ie the 16:8 days could be slowing me down. I should stick with it for a few more weeks guess and see how it goes and then maybe go back to normal for a while and see if anything changes.

I will imagine you as a white Halle Berry and then you shall become her. My Kate Moss goal relies on not a little surgery, makeover, hair/breast/cheek/buttock implants, style guru, manicure/pedicure, industrial waxing and removal of all mirrors/honest friends! But on a Forum, you can be anyone you like and I would like you to imagine me as a fat Kate Moss! Thanks, Lovely!

Now, don’t mean to question your habits but are you sure you should weigh as often as before and after your cup of coffee?! That way lies madness and frustration! You are SURE to have lost weight after a two day fast but just wait a while, it will still come down. Scales sound very sensitive so as long as you see them move downward regularly it doesn’t really matter whether they’re accurate.

Yes, you’re right about a two day fast. We’ll need to clear out the whole family! Poor things!

Glad you are feeling better. I don’t know whether too much fasting affects your metabolism but I can see there are plateaux for some and the trick is probably not to lose heart. How much have you got to lose to get to goal weight?

Welcome Lizamor. Sounds like AA, doesn’t it? My name’s BCC and I’m a moody faster!

Hmm, maybe not being “regular” makes one moody?

That has been the one downside for me on 5:2. Fasting definitely affects the digestive system and, ummm, movement. When you eat, it gets things moving, it activates the digestive system. I´ve started taking a magnesium supplement as it helps in that area, and found it effective.

Pattience, regarding the face, I´ve been wondering about the face/body dilemma. A friend at work lost over 30 kg, and for a while her face looked really deflated, but a year on, and a steady weight her face is adjusting and looking a lot better. I´ve lost just over 10 kg and am within a few kg of my goal. My face is less full (youthful?), but I wouldn´t trade it for the kg lost off my midsection.

Looking for a visualization of my goal in a celebrity, someone short, I´ll have to work on finding someone.

Hi BCC (or should I say Kate…?),

I can’t really think of any ‘celebrity’ I’d like to look like. So I’ll settle for being the best (or perhaps just a better..) version of me.

Re fasting and digestion. As long as I steer clear of processed carbs, and eat reasonable portion sizes, I don’t seem to have too many problems.

Hi BlueIris,

Kylie Minogue is vertically challenged…?

The only time I get really moody is when I’m going low carb during my fast. Otherwise, I generally feel great.

Blue Iris, Kylie Minogue also came to my mind straight away. After watching her all season as a Voice coach, she’s definitely got more than thinness and cuteness going on.

All right i shall continue to aim for Halle Berry and when i get a pile of money, i’ll go to work on the bosoms and jowls. 🙂 Do you know i actually have a friend who is a plastic surgeon so i could probably get a discount too. (But no i wouldn’t really do the bosoms. I don’t mind being flat chested.)

LOL you are right. I don’t usually weigh more than once a day. This was a special exception. I wanted to see if the scales had budged after my deposit in the water closet.

Today the scales are back to 63. So i’m hopeful there will be a breakthrough into the 62s. I’m now inclined to think its the psyllium fibre that i owe all this trauma to. I think its holding extra water for me. If so, then things should go fine from now on.

Goal is 60g so only 3kg to go now.

Iris that’s quite positive to hear that someone’s face improved over time. I have wondered about that too. Its probable that the skin takes a little longer to recover than everything else. But i’m not sure i can expect too much improvement in that part.

However, i hope what i saw yesterday on my tummy will improve. Sorry for the graphics about to come but its just as well i don’t have a lover! Yesterday i bent forward for something in the bathroom and i happened to look back at my gut and the saggy skin view i got there i have never seen before. It was pretty shocking. Normally when upright, i don’t show any skin looseness on my gut. This was completely new. And of course i stood up again straight away.I don’t need to see that again thank you very much!

Saggy skin – ugh its enough to make anyone moody! Mine is lower abdomen and inside thighs. I am told, with time it does get better so its a good job Summer is almost over and I can cover everything up with thick tights or trousers. Hopefully I will emerge, like a butterfly, with skin that fits 😀

Yep, know that one! Bit of a shocker… but better or worse than (before weight loss) unexpectedly catching sight in the mirror of fat belly hanging and wobbling dough-like as you bend down?

After reading Pattience’s post, I scurried to the bathroom to see what mine is looking like now. And you know what? I do think it looks better than it did 3 months ago when I reached goal weight. It’s never again going to be the firm skin of my youth though!

Happy, no that right. Age has seen to that!

Yes, I think I’d rather be saggy than fat and saggy. My problem is bingo wings. I’m not even looking at my stomach until I reach goal weight!

But, either way, getting rid of the visceral fat is the best thing we can do! Better to worry about that than worry about loose skin.

Fasting today. Only mildly moody. Maybe I’m getting used to it!

BCC

Hi BCC,

Glad to hear your mood is marginally better!

Re: saggy skin. Never having been a thin 40 something woman before, I don’t know if this is what my stomach would have looked like at this age if I’d never been ‘chubby’. But if you watch track athletics, you know how female runners stomachs move? That’s what I like to imagine mine looks like now!

Happy

That sounds great – just what I want too! (and the abs!)

BCC

Miscellaneous Notes

I’ve lost 32.1 pounds since the beginning of the year. I’m an expert! lol. Just wanted to share.

I wish i’d measured my girth when i was at my fattest.

I had a chocolate digestive biscuit yesterday on my quit sugar diet. It’s within my Rules. I love my Diet Rules.

Your turn…

I should make this a new post for all to do.

Wow! You are an expert. I bow to your superiority! Well done!

I started this only on 12 August, after an all inclusive holiday (say no more). I have lost a clear 7lb but weighed myself this morning after a 36 hour fast and it seems to suggest it’s 10lb weight loss, but I don’t believe that. I know most of it is water weight, but it’s a good boost anyway and I’m fully prepared for slow and steady from now on.

I fast 36 hours (with no food at all) and then eat what I want for two clear days. That means I do 4:3, then 5:2, 5:2. Not counting my TDEE (?) because I don’t want to be on a calorie controlled diet, but I definitely eat less on an eating day anyway. I am back in healthy BMI, but would love to lose at least another stone.

I am not AS moody as I was and will definitely not be moody when I reach goal weight!

Would love to know others’ stats so we can chart progress!

BCC

Please clarify what is 4:3. Is it 4 days of non-fasting and 3 days of fasting. How do you get from 36 hours fasting to 4:3? I can’t compute. I had thought that 36 hours is still 5:2. And i had thought that 4:3 was alternate days fasting.

What is your goal weight BCC and what is your height? Mine is 60kg and 5’5″ or about 132 pounds and 165cm to mix measurements. I can’t even think in stones anymore and i only learnt pounds this year so i could communicate with the americans.

I think i impressed my skinny sister this morning when i told her i had done it without exercise. She’s an exercise maniac and is very skinny to boot. But now she can’t exercise quite so much as she has done for the last 10 years because of a drastic change in her lifestyle. She tells me she’s losing muscle mass. We had a skype conversation and i could get up and prance around showing my new skinniness. I can’t actually make her jealous (alas) because she’s still about a stone lighter than me whatever that comes to – its a lot anyway. I’m certainly not telling her about my tummy hideousness. She’s never been fat.

Has anyone noticed if we can share our progress charts?

Well….. Here’s what I do. It might but be the normal way, but it’s working for me.

On Sunday evening after my last meal, I am finished eating until Tues morning. I eat what I want on Tues and Wed and on Wednesday evening after my last meal, I am finished eating until Friday morning. I eat what I want on Fri and Sat and on Sat eve after my last meal I am finished eating until Mon morning and so on…..

So in the first calendar week I have fasted 4:3 – 4 days of eating and 3 of fasting. And the next two weeks are 5:2. Basically, I eat for two days and fast for one every week and, because of the odd number of days in the week, my fasting days change every week. Does that make sense? I have found that if I eat more than two days in a row it makes fasting harder but less than 2 days is not enough eating!

I am 5’5”, I was 11 stone (154lbs) when I started and have been 10st 7lbs (147lbs) for the last few days (except this morning before a Twix, when I was 10st 4lbs (144lbs)). I haven’t thought too much about goal weight but like the sound of 9st 4lbs for starters. After my second child I hit the gym and was a positively skinny 8st 5lbs but am 8 years older now and might look a bit like a skeleton! We’ll see. Let’s get to first goal weight first!

My weight gain, like your sister’s was a change in lifestyle. I started working at home and don’t move around as much (except past the biscuit tin!). Things are going to be different now though.

Let’s stay in touch. You have done so well, you’re inspiring me!

BCC

You’ve done really well in a short time BCC. Must admit I didn’t do any days with no calories….

For info, I’m 5ft6ish and was 159lbs (72.4kg). My goal was 140lbs (63kg), but I went below that before I stabilized and am now hovering in the 59-60kg range. I never expected to get this low. I never was a skinny minny! At 45 now I think any thinner would not look good (chest is already a bit of a toastrack in the wrong light!

Ha ha, Happy. Love the toast rack analogy!

I can’t remember if you’ve told me this but how long did it take you to achieve that? You are the same as my goal weight (and a touch taller). That’s really good. Yes, you might be right about too skinny – I’m 45 too. But I can’t help thinking back to slim and sexy days and wanting them back! Just haven’t taken into account old and saggy!!!

Really good to hear it’s been so successful for you. 30lbs! I’m hoping it will be steady progress for me too.

BCC

Hi BCC

I posted my stats on the maintenance chatbox thread on 31st July. I’m on my phone at the mo, but will try to remember to copy them here when I’m at a computer next.

Re: slim and sexy. With my clothes on, no one can see old skin or stretch marks! What they see is someone who is happy and confident in their skin.

Just as with being rich, being thin won’t necessarily make you happy, But I think that actually liking and respecting yourself does make a difference.

No time like the present… so here’s a slightly edited cut and paste of my earlier post…

OK. So I wasn’t very regular at recording weight loss but I have compiled my records.

04/01 159lbs (72.4ish kg)
    08/02 152 (69.1)
    08/03 146 (66.5)
    15/04 139 (goal, on my birthday!)
    02/05 138 (62.8)
    31/05 136-138 range.
    16/06 132.
    07/07 132
    11-17/07 131
    26/07 134 (post holiday)
    29/07 132
    30/07 131

I had one plateau only (weeks 2 and 3 weigh in), lost 20lbs in 16 weeks (goal) and a further half stone or so in the following 2 months (without trying…). Since mid June however I have been maintaining in the 59-60kg range.

I’ve lost 4 inches bust, 5-6 waist, 4 hips, 3 thighs (each!).

Gone from 12-14 (probably closer to 14…) to 8-10 (closer to 8…).

Oh and apologies for the mix of imperial and metric! I’m on my smart phone and can’t switch to calculator without losing my post.

Ha ha yes i love the toast rack thing too though i can’t quite picture what it looks like. You know i don’t mind being flat chested. The other year when i got down to what think might have been about 55kg, i had no fat left in my boobs and i didn’t mind because all the sageness went with it.

I am also lucky in that although i’ve been up to at least 179pounds, around 80kg, i’ve don’t have any stretch marks. Good genes there thanks mum!

Its interesting how so many people attracted to this diet are not severely overweight. I was on another forum 3 fat chicks and the majority of them had started at well over 200 pounds.

I must say i find it quite sad to read about people who struggle with the weightloss, who don’t know how to do it and seem always oriented towards unhealthy and dodgy practices. And there was a lot of that on that forum, although i certainly did a learn a lot more about good weightloss techniques from being there.

People who come here seem to start off with a somewhat different mentality, dare i say it more mature (re dieting at least). On the other hand, i think 5:2 is only just becoming known about over there where as in britain and oz, we’ve been introduced to it some time ago.

So we saw some serious action in the privy chamber today but i shall have to wait until i get on the scale tomorrow to see what’s what. Who’d have thunk it that 62 would become such a significant number for me.

Ah oh yes, so BCC you are fasting every third day! and you are doing a total water fast! That’s brave of you. I did a water fast at the beginning of my year and it was hard. I broke it at midnight as i was totally famished knowing that i had fasted for at least 24 hours. I like it on this 5:2 strategy that i can avoid that intense suffering lol. But fasting every third seems like a reasonable idea.

So you can picture me down on my knees like buddhist, or a muslim kowtowing! You are a Goddess of power and strength!

Happy – thanks for the stats. That’s really encouraging. You’ve done so well. There’s nothing that keeps me from lying face down in a fresh cream slice except the successes of posters here. When I get hungry, I log on and see something like that and it keeps me going!

Pattience – thanks for the worship but I don’t deserve it! I have found that if I eat any food in the day my willpower goes right out of the window and I just carry on eating. At least when I know I can have nothing, there’s nothing to think about. But it’s not a total water fast – I drink tea/coffee (thank goodness for coffee!) with milk on fast days.

Sorry about the long torturous explanation about my fasting regime. ‘Fasting every third day’ was so much simpler!

Well, it’s 0406hrs in the UK – I can’t sleep (not because I’m hungry – yesterday was an eating day!). I expect my moodiness comes from insomnia not fasting. We’ll see….

BCC

“…lying face down in a fresh cream slice… “! I Love that!

Hi all,

Just a quick update. Like others I have found it hard to resist a double weigh today. After a day’s eating yesterday, this morning I weighed in at 10st 3lbs. This evening after a day’s eating, I weighed in at 10st 81/2lbs! A huge difference. Tomorrow I am fasting so Tues morning should be very good. What I’ve not really thought much about is which one I ignore. Obviously I should compare like with like and weigh at the same time each week. Do others take worst case scenario and weigh at the end of an eating day or the best ever reading on the morning after a fast day?

Would be interested in what others do.

Cheers,
    BCC

You should weigh in the morning before all the water weight is counted. Water weight is the reason for all the daily fluctuations. Your most objective measurement will be the one in the morning. It is after all mainly fat we want to know about, not water. Overnight we can lose a lot of the water we’ve taken on in the course of a day.

I weigh every day in the morning after a pee when i am at my lightest for the day.

If i was doing it once a week, it shouldn’t matter too much so long as you use the same day every week and at the same time, preferably in the morning, after a pee.

Thanks, P. I will do that from now on.

Fasting today. Definitely moody. My first fasting day back at work too. I’ve been off for summer hols. Finding it quite a lot harder not to throw in the towel and stuff my face!

Hi Biccie,

You can’t throw in the towel. Don’t leave me!

And maybe you need to get your moodiness looked at. Its not normal. Go see doctor. I think you might benefit from antidepressants. Seriously!. And they won’t hurt you. I’ve been on them most of the time since 1997. The only ongoing problem i have with my med is some constipation. Tell doctor you are trying to lose weight and that you don’t want one that increases appetite! Some do, some don’t.

On the other hand if you have a particular stressor that you know about, it might only take some focus on solving that problem and not meds. To help with that situation, i’d suggest a councillor first off. If there seems to be no environmental issue, then its got to be low seratonin and/or other hormonal issues.

REad this article on seratonin: http://nutritionwonderland.com/2009/06/understanding-bodies-serotonin-connection-between-food-and-mood/

Maybe 3 days fasting is too hard for you. Why are you doing so many days anyway? Make it easier for yourself.

For weightloss, i think its imperative to keep your mood up and in peak condition. All this year i’ve made it top priority to take care of my mood. Yes i’ve had some challenges and i’ve addressed them asap and so been able to hang in there.

By the way, i got below 63kg today! Yay! I finally got into 62s. I don’t know if you can be happy for me today. But at least you can see where persistence gets you. So you can’t give up. I even had cake yesterday. So you can have it all. You just gotta address the hiccups that come along.

I think you’d like the book The End of Overeating by Kessler, who used to be the head of the american food and drug administration. I can vouch for his approach since its also what i worked out for myself by myself. I mean in for the second half of the book; the first half is more about some of the science of getting fat i.e. the food industry and i have to go back and read more of it next. I have used all his strategies and know they work. I think you’d benefit from them too.

Pattience

Thanks for your words of encouragement! Of course I can be happy for you that your weight loss is going so well! Mine too!

The problem with posting is that comments can be received in a different way than intended. I am sorry if I gave the impression I am worse than I am – I didn’t mean that with my flippant comments. I AM definitely a bit moody but nowhere near depressed of in need of anti-depressants or counselling. I just bite a couple of people’s heads off or quietly seethe and then get on with the day! In between, I am quite cheerful!

I have never taken anti-depressants and would only do so as a last resort. Generally I’m very positive but sometimes hunger just hits me and it’s all over as soon as it’s started. I’ve only been doing this a month tomorrow so perhaps I’ll get used to it sooner or later.

You make a good point about fasting too often but I only do a three day week once every 3 weeks. When I get nearer my goal weight I’ll calm down a bit.

Thanks off the book suggestion. I’ll look into it!

I am at 145lbs today so feeling upbeat. Don’t worry, I won’t pack it all in – another flippant comment! I’ll try yo be more careful in future!

Thanks for your support!

BCC

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply.