Monday and Wednesday faster needed!!

This topic contains 1,034 replies, has 90 voices, and was last updated by  10lbtogo 6 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 1,035 total)

• Hi Dizzy and welcome:

Most people find one evening meal high in fat with some protein works best, but it may take a time or two to get used to it.

Exercise is not necessary for weight loss with 5:2. Modest amounts of exercise are good for your health but will not aid weight loss.

Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi Dizzywiggs, No exercise, no none at all, Sorry all of you who do. I wouldn’t say I am a sloth, I do keep quite busy, but hate sweating, running, jumping, walking around, except of course the shops.
    It is my intention to exercise, I want to be thin AND fit. So that is something I am going to address.
    I am only 5ft. So calorie allowance was low.
    I find protein and greens does the trick of tummy satisfaction the best.
    Good luck all Goosey x

Hi everyone,

haven’t been here for a while now, mainly because I haven’t done well with my weekends and fasts, have had a bad conscious. I tried to fast yesterday, didn’t eat anything until dinnertime, at which point I skipped dinner and had candy instead…very wise! I’m giving it another go today..let’s hope I’ll do better.

Regarding the fast 5 diet- I’m doing the same as I have three weeks before heading for vacation. On weekdays I never have breakfast, so what I do is that I skip lunch as well (Mon-Fri). Two of those days I’ll do the 5:2, i.e. limiting calories to 500. the three other days, I’ll eat a normal dinner. Let’s see if it gives any results. I haven’t seen any results on the scale, yet, despite having done 5:2 for weeks now, but I assume it’s due to the weekends. It’ll be interesting to hear if you guys see good results from the fast 5 diet. Good luck!

Hi Patricia

Don’t be too disheartened. It took me 8-9 months to lose a stone.
    Are you measuring? Sometimes the scales don’t move for me but I lose the odd cm here and there. Are you sure you’re clothes aren’t a little looser?

Stick at it as you will find your appetite will regulate itself where you’ll find you don’t want/need as much on your dinner plate. I have always been a skinny Minnie who ate what I wanted without putting on an ounce. That was until I hit my late 30s and noticed I was getting a bit thicker in the middle,stopping smoking didn’t help the middle age spread either. I now find I can’t eat as much and push my plate away with food still on it ( never been known lol)

I’m not fasting today but I’m not hungry so will wait until dinner and won’t be able to eat much.
    We all have off days when we’re just not in the “zone”
    Keep at it……..honestly it will work.
    Look at Goosey….there’s your proof 🙂
    Good luck and let us know how you get on. X

Hi Dizzywiggs and welcome.

In relation to your question about what fills you up in fast days, I personally eat quorn, home made soup or slim pasta with veg. However, I have went off the rails a bit although I am blaming a never ending cold. Good luck with your fasts and let us know how you get on.

Day two, very hungry this morning, already had my boiled egg for breakfast, a 5 hour gap before my next meal of Tuna, hope I can make it.

Thank you Michelle for the encouraging words. And you are right, I can see a big difference in my cloths, I put on a shirt today which I haven’t been able to wear for a year or so (it just didn’t go on) and it’s loose, almost too loose. That confuses me even more, as the scale is very stubborn. I should start measuring!

I must say not eating until dinner time is working quite nice for me this week, I’m starting to like it. In the beginning I would think about food all the time on my fast days. Now, especially as I don’t eat at all during the weekdays until dinner time, I just don’t think about it that much, and don’t get that hungry. Hunger seems to be much more in the brain than in the stomach, at least for me.

Congratulations Goosey!! 😀 What a feeling it must be to reach your goal weight! How long has it taken you from start to end with 5:2?

Btw wanted to ask if you guys have any advice with regards to vacation and trying to not put on weight? Usually I would let go and then get back to it after vacation- BUT.. I’ll be gone for 21 days this time around, with too much good food and too much good wine as I’ll be mostly in France and Italy during that period..I’m a bit scared..help!

Patricia I don’t know why it shows on the tape but not the scales …but hey who cares. Weight is just a number but when you start fitting in clothes that previously didn’t fit it’s a great feeling isn’t it? 🙂
    Re your holiday/vacation : maybe skip breakfast?? try the fast 5? I’m sure you don’t eat as much as you used to anyway. Your brain will be telling you that you don’t need to eat as much anymore and if you’re there for 21 days you can enjoy it over the time and not binge. I think you’ll be fine. Have a fantastic time!!

Hi all,

Patricia I totally agree with Michelle about if anything skip breakfast or try fast 5 as you are into that way of eating anyway. The main thing is that you have a great holiday.

Elc, how are you doing with fast 5? I did it yesterday and was under 600 cals. All going well today I should have had 464 cals. I am out at vets during my danger munching time so really it should go ok. Such a nice change to post a positive statement rather than I didn’t manage a fast or I munched rubbish all night. Must be the heat as my will power has dwindled.

Hope everyone is doing ok

Gone a bit higher today. I reached 523. I had an ice lolly, it’s really hot here.

This is what I have consumed.

Berrocca 6
    Soup 87
    Celery 16
    Light Philadelphia 46
    Ice lolly 43
    Salad 325

I am planning on measuring myself tomorrow. Hopefully have lost something. *fingers crossed*

Think we all deserve an ice lolly, am going to try and wait until I am back from vets. 23 cals over is nothing especially when it is so hot. If I have one I will be well over 500 cals.

Hi All, you all sound as if you are having a great day. Me too I have been in the zone 🙂
    Patricia I agree with the others- miss out breakfast and and other meal that you can -MISS IT OUT, unless of course it’s going to be fabulous!
    Enjoy 110% the ones you decide to have.
    If you know the menu in advance, plan what you are going to eat before you get into the restaurant and stick to it, but DO NOT deprive yourself your on holiday, enjoy it.
    Don’t snack.
    Don’t eat whilst actually traveling, car, boat, plane treat this as fasting time.
    But no matter what enjoy your holiday, and don’t deprive yourself of wonderful things and experiences.
    To answer your questions, I was 148lb for a few years, yo yo’ed up an down to about 135lb doing Atkins and a host of other diets, started 5:2 mid Feb with a target of 120lb and slowly whittled that down to 112lb.
    This is the first time I have felt that my eating habits, likes and dislikes have truly changed.
    I always get scared to say things out loud in case I jinx myself but, I no longer graze while cooking, eat up leftovers or crisps.
    Sorry if I started to ramble. Good luck all Goosey x

Day 2 done, wow what a challenge last night was, I have never gone to bed with an empty stomach before.
    Free weight session was a challenge this morning, little bit off balance at the end of sets, must eat some protein before workout next time.
    Bring on week 2.
    Just a quick one, when is everyone weighing themselves, are you weighing in weekly, fortnightly, I was thinking of weighing in on Monday morning?
    Thanks
    Happy fasting and food days,& may the fast be with you.

Hey Sharms,
    I personally don’t get weighed every week as I don’t think it’s always a true reflection of weight loss. When I do weigh it’s usually fortnightly and I get the tape measure out too. I weigh/measure in on a Thursady after my 2nd fast.
    I blew it with a can of full fat coke today but it was too hot to care. Only 428 in food calories though. Clothes definetly looser .
    Good luck with your weigh in and the feelings of hunger get easier 🙂

Hi all.

Big well done to goosey!!!

Didn’t manage any 500cal days, but did do the fast 5 most day’s except Monday and Tuesday because I stayed at the beach.

Weigh in today, stayed the same. I really expected a gain, as have eaten quite a lot. Have also measured, half an inch off the waist and half an inch off the hips.

Don’t really have any plans for next week, so should be able to manage my fasts ok, but I thought that this week!!.

Good luck to everyone.

Measuring day today!

I have done well. I shall compare below. (Inches)
    Last measurement LM and New Measurenents NM

LM bust 36.5 NM 27.9
    LM waist 32.6 NM 32.5
    LM hips 44 NM 41.5
    LM thigh 24 NM 22.5
    Arms no change 11

Yay!!!

Amazing progress everyone- its so motivating to see people having real sucess with the plan.

Completed my first proper fast yesterday but feel really tired this morning… does anyone else experience that?

Also weighed myself this morning which probably wasnt a good idea but even the not completely sucessful fast on Monday seems to be working as 2.5lbs down! Going to measure myself toinight as didnt do that at the begining of the week and it seems to be a good way of tracking changes when the scales are being erratic!

Katie, You’ve lost 9 inches of your bust?, and now it’s smaller than your waist?, is that right??.

It seems mainly back fat that has gone Around my bust area. I believe I measured myself right.

Nope correction. I have gained on my bust 37. I clearly didn’t measure correctly this morning. Sigh.

No Katie, that’s a good thing. You don’t want your bust smaller than your waist.

Hello All

I am also a Monday and Wednesday faster except I am fasting today instead this week as I had wine last night in the garden!! Well it is summer after all and it was very hot:)

I will post my result tomorrow.

Hi all and welcome JFittzy,

Katie, that great loss in your measurements. I need to measure more, currently doing it oncea month.

Elc, I am more or less doing 5 fast and only managed 1 fast. However cals have been around 800 on non fast days so am hoping to see the results in the next couple of weeks. Jumped on the scales and 1/2lb off. Normally weigh myself on a Friday but there is usually not much of a difference between the 2 days. Slow but sure. Hoping that the weekend doesn’t undo my work.

Sometimes feel a wee bit frustrated at the speed of my weight loss. Currently 9.9 1/2 lbs at only 5 foot 2 that’s still too heavy. So really have about a stone still to shift. Can I ask everyone if their weight loss is 1lb every week? There have been weeks where I lose nothing , put on or lose a 1/2lb. Would LOVE to lose the odd 2lb in a week.

Hi lazycat:

The one pound per week is an average of both men and women combined. As men lose faster than women, that means most women lose less than a pound a week on average. In addition, you are short, so you will lose weight more slowly because your TDEE is quite low.

It is a math thing that is explained in this thread: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/

It sounds like you are doing just fine, but it is hard to be that patient!

Good Luck!

Hi simcoeluv,

Thanks for being the voice of reason and telling me to be patient (not too good at that). Being short appears to be a curse even when I am trying to lose weight, inches and be overall a bit healthier .I will continue to eat as I have been and eat slightly below my TDEE. Thanks for your advice, support and the luck.

Lazy it’s taken me 4 weeks to lose 3lbs but I’m in no rush. I have lost another cm from my waist and tummy though. As long as it’s coming off somewhere I wouldn’t worry about it. I think you’re doing just fine. I only weigh and measure once a fortnight .
    Got a busy diary this week so going nowhere near the scales. I’ve only been eating one meal a day this week and it’s not really bothered me. Made up for it today with a hot dog and donut from IKEA and a foot long subway haha!!
    Keep going and you will get there eventually….remember it’s a marathon not a sprint!! I thought it was a snicker ?? 😉

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your advice regarding vacation and eating Michelle, Goosey & Lazycat. It’ll be a challenge for sure, but I really really want to succeed during my vacation, it feels like the ultimate test with regards to how I see food (as I usually link food to ‘a good time’)- I need to change that mentality to some extent.

So the weirdest thing happened this morning- I usually weigh myself on Friday mornings, but haven’t been looking forward to it the last couple of weeks because absolutely nothing happens on the scale. And as mentioned before my diet during the weekends have not been good at all. This week I’ve been poor in counting calories as well, but I have skipped breakfast and lunch everyday and kept my dinners healthy. So…stepped on the scale this morning: -3 kg !! That’s 6lbs off (if my calculator online is correct 🙂 Very happy about it.

From previous time I tried fasting (couple of years ago), I remember it working in phases, my body never loses 0.5kg/week at a steady rate like many others, which is annoying because I think small results give motivation. But it was the same last time, nothing happened, then couple of kg off, then plateau for couple of weeks, then some more loss and so on…

I just need to stick with it..and remember to stick with it even when the scale is not on my side. Easier said than done.

Have a great Friday everyone!

So happy! I managed to put on a dress that I just could not pull on past my thighs/hips. Now I can! Yay!

Particia, well done 6lbs in 1 week that’s a massive weight loss. Your hard work is certainly paying off.

Katie, well done to you, it is a great feeling getting comfortably into a dress that previously was too tight or didn’t fit at all.

It has been so hot at work today and even hotter driving about that I have decided to have a cool G&T.

Enjoy the weekend1

Hi all,
    My goodness Patrica that is a fabulous weight loss, you must feel fantastic.
    Kate, it’s great when your clothes start to fit as they we’re intended to and you don’t have to tug them around and down 🙂
    Someone asked about weigh days and frequency of weighing, and like the rest of this diet, you do what suits you. Understand your own personality, I am a bit of a control freak 🙂 so I weigh twice a day am/pm, and record it, but only report Monday am, that should be my heaviest day.
    Yes Lazycat this lovely weather has had a cork popping in the garden, enjoy your G&T.
    I am doing an experiment this weekend- eating what I imagine would be my ideal/healthy/delicious/satisfying diet plus moderate amount of wine and see what happens on Monday morning. Good luck all, have a lovely weekend, Goosey x

Hi All,

In one of my post’s I received a response stating that the 5:2 diet you don’t need to do any training for.
    To those of you who keep training, I have lost 1.2kgs in one week of fasting, not bad considering I ate McDonalds for dinner Tuesday night & went to a restraint Thursday night.

Great going sharms.

I have also read that exercise doesn’t increase weight loss, in my opinion its just not true. If you eat 1000 cals and burn off 500 of those doing exercise, or none lying on the sofa!, how can you not lose more weight.

I have done fast 5 every other day since Wednesday, and will continue up to my weigh day Thursday, I will post results.

Have a great day everyone.

Hi all,

Elc, please keep me updated on how you get on? Are you still including the 2 fast days in the fast 5? Am trying to do the fast 5 with the 2 fast days included in this so very interested in how you get on. Was not great over the weekend- gin (love my gin), crisps and way too much bread. Think it is the bread that is my downfall as appear to go in a bit of a bread binge. May stop buying it for a few weeks and see how I get on. Funny that gin never gets the blame and I never say I will not buy gin for a few weeks. A girl has to have a few pleasures!

Good luck to those fasting!

Good Monday all,

Reached 487 calories today. Really struggled, despite being busy. I think the eating on the weekends means I am quite hungry on Monday.

I consumed this,
    Berrocca 6
    Soup 87
    Cracker 32
    Green tea 2
    Juice 35
    Salad 325.

Hi Katie,

I totally agree with you about eating alot over the weekend. I usually feel more tired on a Monday after the weekends binge, more so when I eat too much bread then I am tired and sluggish. I never learn.

@lazycat

Same here, too much bread on the weekend!

Same here….had a lot of bread this weekend and I’m craving white toasted bread with butter :o(

Really trying to change my weekend eating behavior, I think that would help a lot. I’ve already made some progress- as I skip breakfast and lunch all weekdays now (and thereby all the cake and candy at work on Fridays), my Fridays have become much more healthy, consisting of a “normal” dinner and wine (not skipping the wine!). Sundays are good too. More discipline is needed for Saturdays though.

I had an awful day yesterday. Fasted until dinner time, the had some chicken, salad and a very small amount of rice. But then I got crazy hungry, having strawberries with whipped cream,some unsalted nuts and banana pancake (banana+egg+almond flour). Not a good day!Fasting on Mondays seem to be more difficult than other days, probably because of the weekends as you all mention.

I’ll be fasting today and on Thursday instead. Hoping for more stability throughout the day =/

Must admit to having a bread weakness, I love fresh baked baguettes, that are widely available where I live, the smell is heaven.

Lazy, this week and last week I haven’t kept to the 2 500cal days, but I haven’t binged in my 5 hours of eating either. I seem to be much less hungry, and the only thing I miss, is my frothy coffee in the morning.

If I don’t lose any weight this week, I will go back to including the 2 500cal days, I read on another thread that I should be doing the fast 5 every day, but I’m doing every other.

If nothing else, it’s a good maintenance plan.

I am off to Dorset for the week Friday, I am not going to be on the diet during holiday, but I will watch what I am eating. Hopefully won’t go toooooooo crazy with wine.

Hi all,

well we are all big bread lovers!

I didn’t manage fast yesterday as was good until around 8.00pm then caved in with crackers and cheese. Only one fast last week. Me thinks that I am on slippery slope.

Elc- have been sticking to fast 5 but not optimistic about weight loss this week but will keep you updated. May need the 2 fast days and 5 fast.

Katie- hope that you have a lovely tome in Dorset and enjoy the vino!

On the subject of holidays, none of us like to deprive ourselves during that well earned break. However when I went abroad this year I fasted on the day out and the day back. Whilst my friends decided to start with a lardy breakfast at the airport, I just wondered around. By the time we flew, transferred to our accommodation etc, the day had past, so I just took out a ready meal salad I had brought out with me, added half a tin of stuffed vine leaves, that was job done. I was ready to enjoy the rest of the time. Fasted on the return journey as well. Will do the same again next holiday

Very good idea nomad

Major fail for me today, again! starting to get depressed now..fasted until dinner and then ate too many calories, have no self control right now for some reason..I feel the very few pounds lost coming back..so frustrated!

Patricia, am in the same boat as you, I too have had too many cals today. Please don’t beat yourself up. In the words of Scarlet O’Hara in Gone with the Wind, “tomorrow is another day”. We will get back on track tomorrow. I have just came to the conclusion that I can not have bread, cheese, crackers and crisps in the house during the week as at the moment I have no self control. A few wee treats over the weekend only. During the week fruit for snacks.

Hi Elc, sorry for my stupidity but do you mean a 5 hour eating window 7 days per week? I have only been doing 5 hour window 5 days (Mon-Fri).

Yes lazy

I have only been doing it every other day. But I read that it should be every day.

I think we are all having major problems at the moment sticking to plan in the evenings.

If you look back to my very first post, that has always been my major problem.

I am finding it very hard at the moment as it is so hot here, and with the sun comes a cold beer, or shandy, or a spritzer or a gin and tonic, you get my meaning.

I think that’s why I’m trying this eating window method.

Hi Lazy,
    Sorry for being such a downer, I am just getting a bit inpatient and mostly annoyed as it’s my own lack of discipline which is the problem. But you (and miss Scarlet 🙂 are right! Today is another day!

I tend to eat a lot of nuts..unsalted and healthy ones, but still, there are so many calories in them..and it’s just so easy to have bunch of it.

Oh, bread…yes, bread+butter is better than chocolate in my world. Couple of weeks ago I had a looong day at work and later that evening when me and my OH were in the grocery store, I told him let’s just go crazy and get whatever we want for tonight, he came back with chips & pizza, I had picked up bread and vanilla buns…obviously we have different guilty pleasures. I think it sounds wise to limit bread/cracker intake to weekends only.

It’ll be so interesting to hear about your results on the fast 5.

Have a great day everyone!

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 1,035 total)

You must be logged in to reply.