Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

This topic contains 5,051 replies, has 218 voices, and was last updated by  vendor 3 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 5,077 total)

• I am feeling incredibly fragile today, like I have a hangover but it’s not that. We picked up a friend from Alicante airport last night. The flight should have arrived at midnight, but had a 1 hour delay, isn’t it always the way! So it was after 2am when we got home. Which is so not me, 10 o’clock is late for me. And no matter what time I go to bed I wake up early. I was up at 7.30. There was no way I could do my usual jumping up and down exercises today.

It was a good fast day for me yesterday, I did well with it being such a long day. And today is liquids only, I don’t care how rough I feel, I am sticking to it.

Great results Salma, well done! and enjoy your seafood.

Salma..awesome results!! I bet your next appointment will show even more improvement! I have a vacation looming too and I know I’ll gain a bit. I’m hoping to keep it to a minimum!

Hi Salma

Enjoy your book club and cheese and crackers as a trat once in a while doesn’t do you any harm. Your dietician must have been please with your weight loss. If you do overdo it a bit on holiday you can soon lose it again with this diet. Just keep active and that will help. Just think you are nearly out of the obese range into the overweight. I am on the morbidly obese range try to get down to the severely obese (a stone to go for that).

Janeyw

.3lbs is a loss. Was it your second or first fast day of the week? I always fine that two days after the fast it shows up. Strange that! You have done well to lose. Don’t despair keep at it and it will show results. People do slow down as well, I have, Salma is right celebrate the loss, think if you had put that on it will put it into perspective.

Lori

I had a bad day yesterday but I have the perfect thing to follow it up a fast day, that will set me right. Enjoy your relaxing day. So far do good today no traumas or emergencies.

Hi Mammar

Just had a check in with invalids, they are on the mend thanks.

Well done Applepie for your resolve. I have to have some food though.

I hope some of that liquid includes soup.

Hi Salma

You’ve fair bucked me up!!!!

Just can’t see that 81.5 that did two weeks ago, hovering between 82 and 83, not that I’m checking if course, I think it us stupid to weigh continually, so of course I weigh continually!!!!!

But you are strengthening my resolve. Enjoy your book club. Seems another thing we have in common, though my book choices are not good. Reading Wolf Hall at the moment. And fighting my way through the Bourne books, fighting as I’ve seen all the films about 30 times each, books nothing like the films.

Missed something major -where do you live???

Firehorse, if you ever get the chance, try Macsweens haggis, their veggie haggis is lovely and full of good things.

Thinking of fasting today, typical disorganised me but I’ve just had shredded wheat for lunch and I’ve some soup (shop bought but veggie ). Cold is on my chest now, and everything is tasteless.

Ginette, love the attitude, looking forward to the day some of us (we know who we are) can lose the ‘obese’ tag forever!!

Travel hopefully

Hi Milena

How lovely that will be. I thought I would go from morbidly obese to obese so I was sad to see there was another step. I have now come to terms with it and hopefully I will be there by summer.

Good luck to all of those out there who are travelling the same road.

Ginette

Hi Ginette, my liquids only day includes a mug of bovril for tea, but no soup. I am only 5’2″, way too short for my appetite, my TDEE is a measly 1340 and I know from past experience that if I don’t include a liquid only day each week the weight just doesn’t budge.

It will all be worth it in a couple of months time when I am sunbathing round our communal pool. Jaws will drop!!

Hi Applepie

Well you obviously know yourself. As long as it works. Do you feel ok doing this? I don’t eat until between 7 and 8 in the evening. Only on a fast day that is. I don’t go to bed until after midnight and I have always eaten late.

I feel great doing this. I enjoy my evening bovril, then just think, I have made it through all day, I am not going to give in now, and have an early night. Boy do I feel smug next morning 🙂 and I savour every mouthful of my breakfast.

I always have in mind an Indian family we know. The mother fasts (eats nothing) 1 day a week, if she can do it, so can I. And yes, she is thin.

Whatever works, happy fasting!

Applepie where are you based (which Country) you are speaking as though your day is finished. Here in England it is 3.30 on a lovely sunny afternoon.

I am in Spain Ginette, we are an hour ahead of you but the day is nowhere near finished. I will not be having my evening bovril until around 7pm, our time. I have just had a lovely hot lemon and ginger. I don’t feel hungry at all.

It is actually quite cold here today, but temperatures are forecast to pick up from tomorrow onwards.

They said we could have frost in the south, but so far it is only a bit chilly in the evening where I am. Although there were hailstones yesterday, nice and sunny today. I don’t like it when it’s too hot as I get overheated. I am sure the weight has something to do with that.

Oh well a few months to summer and I hope a bit more weight loss will make it easier.

Hi all

There is a program on tomorrow on BBC.

The truth about calories it is on at 9 pm

Here is a link that can tell you a little about it.

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/diets/565570/The-problem-with-counting-calories

Ginette

That looks interesting Ginette. I wonder if I’ll be able to watch it online at some point here in the US?

Went a bit over on my eating day today, so I’ll be giving it a good fast tomorrow. Fasting plus boot camp equals a good day!

Hi Lori

Maybe it will be on YouTube they are sometimes.

If not I am sure someone will give you a rundown of it.

In an article I read it was saying all calories aren’t equal as some food is more difficult to burn off so effects the end result. Looks really interesting.

I will update after the program if I can’t find any information elsewhere.

Hi Ginette, I was reading that too! Not convinced but I’ll watch the programme. A calorie is a unit of energy. How can a measurement be changeable?

I can understand it must take some energy to absorb a steak rather than a glass of wine, thus one will fill you up for longer. That makes sense – except if I fancy a glass of wine, not sure if I would then eat a steak instead.

I’m having enough problems with all the variations, high carbs, high protein, etc etc. I can manage my 420 odd calories on fast days. I shy away from ‘eat normally’ and just try to stay under TDEE the rest of the time, as I don’t trust how I eat normally, I think I’m here just because I overeat and don’t exercise. So my ‘eat normally’ isn’t normal. My hope is that eating much less than my normal will eventually become my new normal, so I’m trying to hold onto many of my old habits, modified, rather than a complete change. That, for me, is a much bigger challenge than even losing weight. Does that makes any sense?

Does that make sense.

Hi Ginette.. Yes, please do update us on the BBC program. It sounds very interesting. Glad to hear your invalids are getting better.

Applepie, I hope you sleep better tonight. I feel sub-human when I am functioning on very little sleep. At least that will make a fast day shorter as you will need to sleep a bit early.

I was hosting the book club tonight and had bought some beautiful apple pie with pistachio filling which was delectable (Milena, your rules say that we have describe delicious food!). Cheese, wine, crackers, nibbles, strawberries. more food for the stomach than the soul.

The book was Nora Webster by the Irish author Colm Toibin, which was a good read in a depressing kind of way. Much discussion about the book preceded delving into the food, and both were enjoyed by all, I am glad to report. A little celebration for the progress reached was in order.

Milena, I live in Lebanon. I studied and lived in London for a chunk of life, and I do love to visit there as often as I can, but I do enjoy having wonderful weather most of the year here.. and the food! What I miss most about London is the BBC. We do get the BBC news but very little of the other programming. You don’t know what you’ve got until you lose it, eh? Except weight, that works in reverse.

So, gym AND a fast day tomorrow.. urrgh.. I can’t say I am looking forward to it.
    Still.. we plod on.
    Have a great evening all FAs out there.

I’ll be joining you for a fast day tomorrow Salma. Misery loves company, they say! 😉

I may splurge and have my coconut oil on a fast day tomorrow since I’m trying desperately to keep from catching the cold that the husband has come down with. I usually don’t spend the calories on coconut oil on a fast day, but I think it may be worth it.

I didn’t do well with my “don’t have any sugar” day. The wheels sort of came off on that, but I’ll have a good fast day tomorrow to repair some of the damage.

I’ll be having an early night as I’ll be up at 4:30AM to have a cup of coffee before leaving for boot camp at 5:30. My days start early!

Wow, how did I miss that? Must be a very interesting place to live!

Well, your not missing much on the Beeb, now that Jeremy Clarkson isn’t getting his contract renewed.
    Ok, he he is bit of a tosser, good Yorkshire name for a fellow Donny, though he lived in a better part of town (due to him having parents who made Paddington Bears and due to my Dad being an immigrant from Yugoslavia!)

Look out for Wolf Hall when it comes out on DVD, slow but brilliant, and the new Poldark is going well (the cute dwarf from the Hobbit plays Poldark, needs a bit of a stretch to the imagination but he is gorgeous!)

Hi All

If you like rice you will be interested in this. There is a lot about it on the Internet.

How to halve the calories. It sounds to good to be true. Let me know what you think.

http://m.food.ndtv.com/health/a-simple-trick-to-reduce-calories-in-rice-by-half-749202

Lori the above is using coconut oil. Not something that I have tried. I assume all supermarkets sell it.

I stay away from carbs most of the time. I love pasta and baked potatoes but I have given these a miss lately.

Milena

No I can’t see how that works really either.

But as another article says it takes more energy to break down a flapjack than a muffin. I can understand that as a flapjacks calories contain oats so harder to break down.

Hi All,

Salma and Ginette, many thanks for your encouragement. This morning the scale was kinder.

Also, we get a lot of BBC programmes here on both our Public Broadcasting Stations (PBS) and those of us who have cable and get BBC and BBC America. Both Wolf Hall and Poldark are coming to PBS at some point. I’m looking forward to them.

I’m fasting again today, so at the time of my first post that .3 pound decrease was after my first fast day of the week. Today was the second fast day, and I’m throwing in a third this week for good measure. So far, so good. Have a great evening everyone!

Hi I started on Monday. I am 55 in June and have had Graves’ disease for 4 years (thyroid problem). My weight has increase massively since I had my thyroid killed! I have tried every diet in the book and I am hoping this will be the last and most successful. Today is my 2nd fasting day. Tuesday was my first and it was tough but okay…….got to keep busy today

Welcome Ameliasgran, I hope this works out for you, but good for you for hanging in there with the fasting!

Ginette – I was a terrible sight last summer, I couldn’t move without kitchen roll to mop my red, sweaty face so I know what you mean. I am hoping that I will not be in that state when the weather heats up this year.

Salma – Lebanon, wow, wonderful. We watch most UK programmes on either You Tube or KAT. Yes I slept well and didn’t feel hungry at all yesterday. I am not that hungry even now and I’ve not had breakfast yet.

Milena – thank for the tip, Wolf Hall looks good, hope it’s on KAT. Happy Valley was one of the best series I have ever watched, and Last Tango in Halifax, both brilliant. Homeland is a good American series.

Happy fasting everyone x

Hi all. I have gone down to 5:2 from ADF. Found I was not looking forward to FD’s, going to bed feeling down and waking up thinking that it would be another 36 hours before breakfast. I also found FD’s to be a bit too hard with only a normal day inbetween and water only. Have decided that I’m going to play it by the book, normal days at 2600 cals (3000 if I go for a 5 mile walk) and 650 calories on FD’s.

It has eventually sunk in that the Fast Diet is a WOL (as everybody keeps pointing out) and not a quick diet as I had originally interpreted it as, so it doesn’t matter if it takes a couple years to lose the 9st instead of the 12 months I was aiming for. I’m on my second normal day this week and am much happier.

Simon Howie makes nice haggis and it comes in a size perfect for one person and can be found in the chiller cabinet, usually near the continental sausages and pate and can be frozen. Also Grants make some which come in a tin (3 sizes for different number of people, smallest for one person). You can buy them at most UK supermarkets. I like it mixed with sweetcorn and those small ‘supermarket own label’ tins of new potatoes.

Hi Janeyw

I always find that two days after fast day shows weight loss. Strange that!

Just started exercising last night Fitness Coach Cardio boxing. The training part was slow but I got through this and then it prepares small programmes for you. A six minute program had me out of breath. All in all I did 30 mins so a good start. I need to start my weight moving again. I had a really good loss at first but it then slowed down.

Hi all

If you like rice you will be interested in this. There is a lot about it on the Internet.

How to halve the calories. It sounds to good to be true. Let me know what you think.

http://m.food.ndtv.com/health/a-simple-trick-to-reduce-calories-in-rice-by-half-749202

I stay away from carbs most of the time. I love pasta and baked potatoes but I have given these a miss lately.

Fast day is underway!

Got my boot camp workout in and had my high protein shake and a TB of coconut oil. Plan is to have another TB of coconut oil at lunch time and then just an omelet for dinner. I’ll be over 500 calories because of the oil, but if it keeps me from getting sick, it’ll be well worth it!

Have good days everyone!

Sorry it seems to have copied what I wrote yesterday

I am going to post weight loss later at the 10 week mark. Week by week. I always record it and it was really useful as it wasn’t as bad as it seemed. There is only one week where I haven’t lost. Bearing in mind that I have still got 7 stone to lose I will probably lose a lot quicker than those of you with only a few pounds, kilos to lose.

I know the exercise will help and if it means a couple of extra pounds over a month that’s fine, I need to tone up as I lose so this will do two jobs.

Applepie

I hope this summer will be better. High blood pressure may play a part in this as well. I know that exercise and weight loss will bring down blood pressure. I find it more comfortable to exercise when it is cooler, so when it gets warmer I shall do it in the evenings. It is quite warm now. About 19 indoors without heating.

Hi Graham

Don’t get despondent as long as you are losing is what counts. It is frustrating when you have a lot of weight to lose…..funny that we weren’t thinking about that as the weight was creeping on.

At least we are aware now.

Have you tried adding different types of exercise to your routine?

The good news is that as a man you will lose it more quickly than a woman. What is your average weekly loss. The site shows about a lb is average. I could never do alternate days fasting. I am really happy with two days a week.

Carry on the good work, think that every week you are building a habit that will change your lifestyle. Make sure you are eating mostly the right foods and always count any dressings you add to them or oil, butter etc that you cook them in. It adds a lot of calories without knowing. I have seen people who are calorie counting cook in olive oil, while this is one of the best oils for you he wasn’t measuring it or counting it.

I know in the summer he will also have the same problem. He loves balsamic vinegar and often uses it, I found out it was laden in calories last week. I use red wine vinegar and french mustard for mine.

It is almost salad weather here. I do have it is a sandwich but not on its own yet.

Welcome Ameliasgran

Stick with it, it does get easier. Have you got a lot to lose?mmYou will get a lot of encouragement here. Any questions you have just ask, you will get lots of advice here.

Janeyw

Have a good fast day.

Ginette

Hi

not at all sure about the rice – calories are energy – where does that energy go – action and reaction? Lots of skinny Asians out there so rice, like most things, isn’t the danger, its the sauces we put with it!

I do use brown rice occasionally, but I do find it hard work, tastes like cardboard, so I’ve virtually given it up rice this year, I find stir fries are not too bad without it.

Realised that I have cut back on a lot of carbs, rice, pasta and potatoes being the main items, which is strange as I’ve not made a conscious decision to give up carbs, strange thing the mind – still having bread, but only wholemeal and rye – and still having cereal, just shredded wheat and porridge.

Re balsamic – Ginette, get him to try the balsamic glaze – a good kick and not at all bad calorie-wise, (though I don’t this balsamic is at all bad either, except when mixed with oil of course) as long as you don’t squirt too much – and it is lovely in olive oil in a bowl, for dipping with fresh warm crusty bread – oops sorry, that was another life!

Half hearted attempt at fasting yesterday, managed about 700 calories, but then had a late night small glass of wine. For no reason.

Having a normal day today, and fasting tomorrow – but I think my calories for the week will be low – I think I am now scared of eating ‘normally’ – how odd! Even today its cereal for breakfast, and chicken stir fry for dinner. But a packet of mashed potatoes fell into the shopping basket the other day and I keep thinking I’ll have it for lunch, which is really odd. Never had mash for a meal before. Probably better to keep it for another day and make a proper meal with it. Will check the calories anyway.

I think I’m going through a mid WOL crisis!

I do that milena!! I often have a small, well actually quite large, glass of red for no reason. Nothing wrong with that!
    I thought I would share some of my before habits compared to now

Before ………………………….Now
    Cheap wine most nights…………….Good wine 4 nights
    G andT most nights………………..No G and T
    Crisps and salted nuts most nights….No crisps or salted nuts
    Chips quite often ………………..Chips rarely
    1 loaf of bread a week…………….Wafer thin crackers or rice cakes
    Fruit juice every morning………….Watered down cranberry juice
    0% fat fruit yogurts………………Full fat greek yogurt with fruit
    Margarine………………………..Butter
    A cheese and ham sandwich for dinner..Homemade soup for dinner
    Tinned processed peas often………..
    Fresh veg often

I can never see myself going back to my old habits. This is for life!

Well that didn’t work, it didn’t retain the formatting 🙁

O.M.G Applepie, SNAP every single thing you have done to change your eating habits are Identical to my own changes, including lemon and ginger tea mentioned in an earlier post- well we both can’t be wrong.
    Wish I was in Spain.x

I much prefer my new habits gooseylucey. Is there no way you can be in Spain? It is very cheap to live here and you only get one life, make the most of it!

Hi Applepie and Milena

Interesting changes. Did you plan these changes or automatically find your tastes were changing. I have cut down on bread and only normally eat potatoes about twice a week in the evenings. It just seemed to happen automatically. I do occasionally have a meal out and then eat them but this is about once a month. I either have chips or roast potatoes.

I have cut out pasta at the moment and also rice. Again just seemed to happen. Felt I didn’t need all those carbs.

I feel better for it. I never had any chips apart from oven chips at home. If I have fish and chips I now share a portion instead of having a whole one to myself. So I have made quite a few changes. Will allow myself treats though I am now concious of calorie content and so don’t have too many.

I have cheese spread instead of butter. I have never really likes lots of butter on bread so this suits me.

Re Balsamic glaze I will try to suggest this. He is not normally open to suggestions so I have to choose my moment.

Going to have some more exercise before dinner, need to buff up my halo.

Fat Graham

1lb a week is 48lb a year an enormous amount. About three and a half stone. I shall be happy with three.

Hey everyone, yesterday’s fast was just fine. I was somewhat concerned because I attended an Audio Engineering Society meeting last night (these are monthly) where they always have chocolate chip cookies. However, yesterday was a fast day (I generally fast on Wednesdays) so I didn’t touch any (I don’t think they brought enough for the turnout we had anyway).

That has happened with another audio-related meeting I’ve started attending monthly this year. They have free appetizers (generally fried, cheesy, or both). They used to meet on Tuesdays at the start of the year, but starting this month they switched to Wednesdays, so danger averted. I find it much easier to eat nothing at all than to try even a little of something fried at this point (though I am looking forward to doing that later on). At this point it’s a good thing with the next naturopath visit tomorrow.

Ginette, I hope you’re right about the fast day results showing up two days later–that will put it just in time for the naturopath visit, and I am down somewhat today. I set a new goal for tomorrow, and if what you say happens this time I hope to make or surpass that goal by then.

I hope so Janeyw for both of us.

Well done on avoiding all of those foods.

I will post results tomorrow.

Ginette

Hola all FAs old and new.
    The END of another fast day.. 500 cals on the nose. Soup, 3 small soya crackers with a dollop of yoghurt, a large orange, some salad greens with onions and a bowl of strawberries. Oh, and a latte in the morning. Sounds like a lot.. I am not hungry, but I must say that sometimes it is difficult to get through a fast day.

Ameliasgran, welcome to our cyber-club. I am turning 55 this year too, and MY thyroid is gone, dead, nada! I have Hashimoto which kills off the thyroid and causes hypothyroidism. Graves disease is an overactive thryoid causing hyperthyroidism, so I am guessing, they had to kill off the thyroid now causing a condition similar to mine. I also developed an increased weight problem and great difficulty in losing weight. I find this WOL (Way Of Life) a good way to control the weight. I had tried everything under the sun in the past few years and this is the first time I find something that I can probably live with. Yes, fasting days are not easy, but they are not impossible, especially when you can eat normally the rest of the time.. so jump on and join us in this journey. Let us know how you get on.

Janeyw.. I hope your naturopath visit tomorrow will yield good news. I am interested to know what he/she says.

FatGraham, hang in there. I couldn’t do the alternate fasting days. I think that would finish me off.

Lori, I am curious about the coconut oil as a remedy for a cold? I have never heard that one. As you say, misery loves company, I hope that your fast day went alright. I also am nursing a cold and desperately trying to avert a full blown episode as I am coming nearer to my travel day. I usually take zinc to help buck up the immune system as research shows that it is effective in doing so, much more than vitamin C which may actually not be that effective in averting colds or getting over them quickly. How did your fast day go today? I kept my nose to the grindstone, and the day went rather quickly. I am beginning to get hunger pangs now as I am typing. The little food you get at the end of the day does not seem to go too far.

Milena, yes, Lebanon is a very interesting place to live; sYou have to have a high tolerance for chaos and noise to thrive her but if you can manage that, it is a fascinating place and the food is to die for. I will keep a look out for the DVDs/shows you suggested (I miss British comedies in particular). It is interesting that your dad was an immigrant from Yugoslavia, so were my mom’s grandparents. Hah! Fancy that. I do hope your fast tomorrow goes well.. 00 cals still counts as a fast day in MY book though!

Applepie, thanks for the recommendation. I had never heard of KAT. I googled it but am no wiser. Is it a website?

Ginette.. I also found the article on cooking rice to reduce its starchiness very interesting. I have to do some more research on that. It does not sound too likely, but one never knows. Initially, I thought that maybe after cooling the rice cooked in coconut oil, the oil coats the rice and makes it more difficult to digest, but they do mention that reheating does not change the effect. The article also does not explain why coconut oil in particular and not other oils.. it just does not explain it well enough and I do have my doubts. Anyway, please do share results tomorrow.. I hope all goes well.

So, good night to all of you fasters and non-fasters and I hope that tomorrow there is less of each and every one of us!

Coconut oil is anti-viral and anti-bacterial. It’s also supposed to boost the immune system. I thought it was worth a try and so far so good.

Fast day went fine. Just ate a bit of protein for dinner. I may have a small spoon of peanut butter before bed if I need it. I keep my fast days extremely low carb.

Hope all fasters had a good day and if today was an eating day for you, hope you enjoyed every bite.

@lori_pa,

What exactly are you doing with the coconut oil?

Jaye

Jaye,

I typically just put a TB in a cup of hot coffee. It makes an oil slick on top of my coffee, but that doesn’t bother me. I also use it for sauteing vegetables too. The research suggests that the coconut oil is also good for your brain. I use natural organic coconut oil so it has a little bit of coconut smell & taste. Some people don’t care for that, but I rather like it.

KAT = Kick Ass Torrents a torrent sharing site, similar to The Pirate Bay. At the moment it is .to but it does move around sometimes. You first need to download a torrent receiver, I use Vuze. Then find the torrent (film / programme) you want on KAT and click on download torrent. I got Wolf Hall yesterday, looking forward to watching that.

We went out to one of our neighbours for a meal last night. We had been warned about her cooking and they were right. We had soup first that she said was leek and potato, but was dark brown, goodness knows what it really was. Then a very gloopy shepherds pie. Then a peach and pastry concoction. So NWTC (not worth the calories) I only had small portions but now wish I hadn’t had any, but I couldn’t offend her, it’s a difficult situation to be in.

The sun is shining and temperatures are picking up from today. We will soon be back on the beach. Life is good!

Hi all

Salma, another thing in common, hope to find we have more, especially looking forward fo finding out we both have incredible shrinking bodies, AND incredible shrinking skin!

Applipie, love NWTC!!! A great mantra for the foodies on this thread.

Lori, I agree, I use coconut oil for mouth problems, excellent. I keep forgetting to cook with it though.

Jayneyw, would love to hear an update after your meeting.

Ginette, three stones in a year sounds doable – can’t believe I wrote that – 3 stone weightloss would be SUCH an achievement – so too would be 3 stones in 18 months or two years. Especially for those who are fighting against medical problems and the menapause. So every week we stay the same is a goal achieved, and every ounce lost is a goal achieved. An ounce a day is 22 lbs, 10 kilos a year. And every centimetre nearer the ‘waist half of height’ target is a healthier life.

Have a great day everyone, and travel hopefully

Hi All

Program was really interesting I loved the way they reduced the mash in calories by adding carrots and parsnip I think and changing butter to double cream! I don’t have butter in mash. I haven’t for years but interesting for those who do.

It seems a good reason to do housework as well. I just couldn’t cope with 4 hours 4 times a week. Also I wouldn’t want to do that on such a full stomach as they had.

Good news that bigger people lose more just by sitting still than smaller people. Shows why we need to increase activity as we lose weight.

Some eye openers there.

Another two of these programs to go

The Truth about fat is next. I shall try and flag up a reminder.

Here is my week by week in case it helps anyone new to the site. Or other people who want to compare. I don’t want to lose too much at once but the odd week with 2lb is really nice. I know I will look gaunt if I lose it too quickly I might even have short breaks at 6.1 to let my body adjust. I had already lost a stone since last May before starting this diet.

W1 – 2
    W2 – 2
    W3 – 1
    W4 – 2
    W5 – 0
    W6 – 1
    W7 – 1
    W8 – 1
    W9 – 1
    W10 – 2

Total 1 stone. I started exercising 2 days ago and restarted vitamin pills.

Years ago the doctor gave me some vitamin pills with iron on a prescription. I lost 10lbs in a couple of weeks without even trying. When I mentioned this to mu doctor as I was a little concerned at the weight loss she said that this was normal as if you have a sluggish metabolism it kick starts it. I took them for the first few weeks of weight loss and then stopped. I started taking them last week and have only just started exercising and I lost 2lb this week. It could be coincidence, but for the cost of a bottle of over the counter vitamin pills it might be worth trying. I stopped because I thought my foot content had improved so much maybe I didn’t need it. Interesting……….

When I told my pharmist who was also trying to lose weight about it she told me something really interesting. She went to a really expensive weight loss centre and along with the dietary advice the gave her a weeks worth of tablets. She brought them home and analysed them and they were the same make up as vitamin pills they charged her £7 for 7 days worth. You make your own mind up.

If anybody does try this is would be interested in the outcome. If you have any concerns about taking these maybe get advice from your doctor first.

How are you all doing?

Happy Friday everyone!

My scale weight was only down a small amount this morning, but I feel like I’ve lost more fat…does that make sense? I felt quite trim in my workout clothes this morning at boot camp. Nice flat stomach and all.

Going away for the weekend to visit my sister. I have about a 3 hr drive. I’ll leave at noon. We go out to eat, but are also quite active(lots of walking), so I don’t think any harm will be done. The scale will tell the tale come Monday morning.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Sorry week 2 should have read -3.

I have just started a new thread. I am hoping that it will help people who are thinking of starting giving it a go. Maybe if you can add your journeys it will encourage them.

Ginette

Well done Lori

A loss is a loss. Sometimes my clothese feel it before the scales show it as well. Have a nice weekend with lots of walking.

Ginette

Hello everyone, happy Friday
    Have tweaked my back, so not happy today-have too much to do!
    I put coconut oil in my coffee on non-fast days, love it. I understand some people use it as a mouth swish to help keep gums healthy but you have to swish for 20 minutes which I just can’t see.
    Welcome Ameliasgran!
    FatGraham-hang in there. Good decision to change things up-this has to be sustainable. I’m currently doing 3 fasting days a week, but will not hesitate to drop to 5:2 if it starts feeling like a burden.
    Hope everyone is doing well. Next fast day for me is tomorrow.
    Aloha!

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 5,077 total)

You must be logged in to reply.