Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

This topic contains 5,051 replies, has 218 voices, and was last updated by  vendor 3 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,651 through 2,700 (of 5,077 total)

• MM thanks you for the light. It is a magical thing. I think I will ad candles this year to the table decoration although the fireplace gives a beautiful atmosphere with the wood cracking and warmth and light of course.

Milena never understood the Boxing and Bank Holidays. What are they? Please explain to an uninformed me. And why would banks work if it is a bank holiday. Confusing.

As I said my daughter has a young Maine Coon and now coming home for Christmas she had a huge headache what to do with him. Finally after checking all the details how to fly him over here she opted for a lady that will visit daily and take care of him and the rabbit. But I don’t know how I would live without my dogs. They are both old and my husband is not too crazy about a prospect of a new puppy.
    As far as I can see there is a little kitty or two in there and your OH is not even aware what will hit him or is he?

Sherry the poop pill is a problem with your FDA because it is “live” although frozen and that is why it is concerned as a procedure. But I would love to try to make a franchise. It is in the ice phase. Looking for ideal donors. LOL

Do your caregivers have a certificate or something for the job? Do they go through psychological test to se if they are fit mentally? The right type of personality?

I would love some of your soup. It must be delicious and real cure for us under the weather.

Lori I know what you mean. When you go overboard with food you end up feeling sick. But you know the answer girl! Just go back to the window today. Do not beat yourself up. No inner negative dialog, be kind and just start over again. That is the whole philosophy of meditation too, when ever your mind wonders of you just acknowledge, be gentle to yourself and go back to your breath or what ever you are meditating on. Milena was right, just get up and get back to your chosen WOL.

Cirque I go for quarterly because the cancer returned after 8 years on the little tissue these was left after the mastectomy. I am lucky to catch it in the earliest phases. So I go very obediently and try not to stress about it. As I said I always come out with new boobs like they were when I was 18.

I hope you are feeling better after a rest. I just googled tortoiseshell cat and they are beautiful. I may get a cat after my dogs pass away. I have two poodles because they don’t shed. But they bark as mad at every one coming through the door. Drives hubby nuts. Maybe cat hair would be a problem for my RH (retired husband). Well we all have challenges don’t we?

So the ones that are decorating don’t over do it and not be able to lower your hand afterwards but I wish that you have the most beautifully decorated houses in your cities.

And I wish for a nice quite day for the ones that gave up on this endeavor.

I am sticking to my window.

Love ya all,
    m

Good morning ladies,

Makica, I hope you are feeling better..
    Cinque.. thanks for reminding me there are many tomorrows and Milena for Paretto’s rule. I got on the scales today (bought new ones yesterday) and you DO NOT WANT TO KNOW 🙁
    However, I am not letting this beat me. I WILL get back in the saddle Milena. I have been comfort eating the past week and it shows. The thing is, when you do that, you feel bloated and horrible.. so why do we do it? urgggghhhh..

Anyway, I remembered that I did a no dairy month once and lost weight quickly; I need to lose a bot of weight quickly to get re-motivated, so I am going to try to forego my morning milky coffee and sometimes during-the-day lattes and just go for black coffee. I want to also try the window eating thing. If I stick with no milky coffee in the morning, the window becomes easier as I can last till 2 or 3 without food and then go for a 5 hour window say from 3 to 8, with perhaps two days off window and 2 fast days thrown in. Major measures for major disasters, eh? Lori, any thoughts on this as you have been going through the window thing for a while. Too elaborate? Too desperate? I won’t be able to exercise at all for the next 2 weeks because of the minor surgery, so that is my excuse.

All the Christmas preparations, big and small, sound wonderful. I love Christmas time, everything looks so lovely. I will be making my Christmas cake for friends and will try to make none for myself.. it is delicious but rather rich.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Salma we are all here for you! What do you need? Are you planning to do this after your surgery?

Hi Makica,
    Well.. I am going to attempt to start today. I have friends visiting, so I am not sure this will work out, but I have started my morning with a black coffee.. so we’ll see.
    Thanks for the offer of ‘being there’ tomorrow.. that is cool! I should be back home in the afternoon. Wish me kuck

Wishing you all the luck in the world! Keeping fingers crossed! Will be sending tons of positive energy. Been under the knife too many times so I really understand. It also shall pass. Love m

Good Morning!

Salma…I think your fasting plan sounds like a good one. My eating window is usually something like 1-7, but I often close it by 6, especially during the week. If you find adding in fast days is too much, just stick to the window approach. We are all an experiment of 1.

I’m determined to stick to my window today. Yesterday was a total disaster. Funny though, when I looked at myself in the mirror last night, I could see AB muscles that looked new to me. Also feel thin this morning, which is odd. I’m going to ride this thin feeling all the way thru my fasting window this morning. I have read that it helps to have a “re-feeding” day. I guess mine was yesterday! LOL!

My cat has stationed herself on my lap and I’m forced to turn sideways in order to type on my laptop. She will be quite upset when I have to get up to go to my washer, which is currently spinning away. She has her own little house, a perch by the window and the whole sofa, but she chooses to lay on my lap. I have a fuzzy blanket over my legs and I think that is what she likes.

Cinque, you asked if the eating window is meant to be ongoing. Yes, this is going to be the way I eat most of the time. I think it has other good health implications besides weight loss. More and more studies are being done….lots of interesting reading out there about fasting.

Well, if I can dislodge this cat, I must make another cup of coffee and tend my washer. We’re having Thanksgiving leftovers for dinner tonight, so that will be easy. Tomorrow night I have a Christmas party with my golfing girlfriends to go to. But first, I have to make breakfast for 4 or 5 hungry hunters at 5AM before they head out deer hunting. What fun! I’m hoping to get them out the door in time for me to still make it to boot camp.

I’ll check in on you all later!

Lori that feeling being thin is a keeper! So good, and the ab muscles too. You are my window of hope and inspiration. Long live ur windows.
    Hope the cat didn’t make too big a fuss. My dog was just thrown out of my lap, and I was covered in a nice fleece blanket. She transferred to one of the cushions on the sofa.
    It is a wonderful sunny winter day outside and I am stuck inside with the flue. And it’s the weekend! Not nice.
    But that does not mean I can’t be high in spirit. Right?
    See you later my delightful women folk.
    Love m

Hi Salma, good wishes for today ????? including for going dairy free!

I was racing off to a ridiculously early optometrist appt, but wanted to send good wishes to Salma before I went, forgetting her day won’t have started yet. Then cancelled my appt because I have a bit of conjunctivitis, so I will nick up to the chemist instead.

But first I will have breakfast and chat!
    I had a good Fast Day yesterday, and now I have muffins stuffed full of vegetables, inspired by these: http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/sweet-potato-muffins/#W6CACE8aEAOA3vJ0.97 but not quite the same.
    I live on the edge of a light industrial area, and Grinders coffee is a short block away and they are roasting this morning, so that is making me very hungry for my coffee too.

Makica what a nightmare to have had that second cancer. I’m so glad they caught it quickly! So glad you have those checks!

I had those couple of days heavy grazing after having too much sugar with my sisters 10 days ago. I think I am just about back to how I was feeling before that happened! Salma, and Lori, I hope you find it quicker to recover. But yes, recover you will!

Lori, your cat went to the same behaviour school as mine. They are much less trouble than dogs, but they just love to get in the way! At least my cat sleeps through. In fact she gets really annoyed when I wake up at three in the morning and move!
    Milena your poodles sound like crazy characters. I am quite allergic to cats, but not too bad with Miso.

A hot sunny day here. I have watered the garden. The muffins are out, they look gorgeous. I put cauliflower in! I hope I chopped it up so fine that it cooked. There is also red chili, red capsicum, chard leaves and rocket leaves, and spring onion, all chopped fine. I’ll find out how they taste in a couple of minutes.

Sorry those of you fasting today! I should have put in a warning! I will be sensible and only eat two! I’ll freeze half and have two a day for breakfast the next two days. So it is written and so it will be!

PS They are yum.

Hi girls! Ok, so you really need to read this article from Dr. Mercola that I just received in my emails: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/11/29/slow-down-diet.aspx?e_cid=20151129Z1_DNL_art_1&utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20151129Z1&et_cid=DM91579&et_rid=1234654396 under the section “Why Intermittent Fasting Might Not Work For Some People” they discuss how beneficial restricting eating to the 6-8 hour window is to jumpstart the metabolism, especially for those of us over 35 who probably are insulin resistant. Also doesn’t work for some due to approaching it from a place of fear or anxiety which causes the body to raise cortisol & insulin levels! Also in a different article within this discussion, they talk about how bad it is to eat the majority of calories late in the day-that’s what Sumo wrestlers did to gain weight! Super interesting- you really should read the whole article if you can!

Lori, I too find that just one day of overindulging doesn’t make the tummy pooch out too much- it’s when you keep going for another two- three! So nipping it in the bud early, you should be fine!

Milena sooner or later I just know another kitty will find its way to your lap! ?

Yes, Makcia, our FDA is a pain in the ar*e as Milena puts it! Can things like that be expedited in your country? You have a great attitude with regard to the cancer! I’m sure your “ladies” are much firmer & perkier than most of ours on this thread! With regard to the caregivers, each state has different requirements. California just started requiring licensing of all home care agencies. Basically it’s just a money grab by the state, as we are required to pay $5k/year/franchise to be licensed and we already follow or exceed most of the requirements. Lots of extra paperwork & redtape. On the positive end, one can only hope it puts the bad homecare agencies out of business. Our caregivers undergo ongoing training, and most take special dementia training classes.

Salma, what about subbing almond, coconut, cashew, etc. milk for dairy milk in your coffee? They also have special creamers made of these things.

Cinque, I looked up those muffins & they look good! Wondering if I can sub almond flour for the grain flour and feta for the cottage cheese?

Time to make dinner. Let me know any of your thoughts on that article if you get a chance to read it!

Good night!

Hi
    I am just starting on week three of the 5-2 diet and am a little disappointed having only lost 1/2 Lb last week. I have a lot to loose having a BMI of 35. I stuck to the 500 cals on fast days (one day I had a pack of sushi which I though handy as cals already stated on pack) and the other days I cut back on what I had been having pre diet but probably some days were above 2000 cals.
    Does anyone have any views whether this weight loss is typical and if not where I may be going wrong? I have also increased my excercise.
    Good luck to everyone out there!
    LJ

Cinque the sweet potato muffins sound great and yummy. Too bad no sweet potatoes around this part of the world.
    I am puzzled if you are allergic to cats how come you let your cat sleep with you in your bed? That must be some love between the two of you.

I hear you about the sugar it is so easy to get hooked on and tough to let go…

Sherry what a great article! I think I am a fast eater that does not meditation her food and that I should try and have my window earlier in the day but that would be very complicated because of my work schedule. Thanks this is an eye opener. And I have no solution for the stress, I do yoga, I meditate I tend to laugh a lot… There must be an answer. Quit my job and go to the Carbines and open a little bar on the beach!

If Salma puts those alternatives to milk she will be opening her window for eating. So maybe the morning coffee totally black with a little Stevia and then in the window some of those yummy substitutes. I put coconut oil into my coffee sometimes when I need extra energy.

I am keeping inside my window from 1 pm to 6 pm. Lost 1.5 kg. But that can be just water. Lets see what the 4 week experiment says.

Have a great day lovelies,
    m

Lynnee I suggest you read this thread from the beginning at least 10 pages and you will see all the problems these ladies that started this thread had. It is not a straightforward thing. You have to fine tune it adjust… experiment, combine with a low carb or no dairy diet. This we call a Way Of Life. And it is not smooth sailing but we all have had a lot of success but a lot of setbacks. But in the end we are getting there.

Hope this helps and all the luck to you.
    m

Happy Monday!

I’m late checking in today as my morning routine was totally disrupted by the start of deer hunting season. I was making pancakes & bacon at 4:30 this morning for 4 hunters. I got them out the door by 5:15 so I could get ready for boot camp. I only do that on the first day of the season, other days they are on their own!

I had such a lazy weekend. Inactivity & eating……a lethal combination.

Makica…hope you’re starting to feel better by now. The flu is no fun, that’s for sure!

I have a Christmas party to go to tonight and am wondering how I will stay awake! The cat woke us at 3 this morning and then we got up at 4:15. I won’t get home till 9 tonight. I’ll be ready for my bed, that’s for sure. It will be nice to see my friends at the party, but on a Monday?? Sigh……..

Just opened my window at Noon and it will be stretched tonight till around 8 because of the party. Oh well……no worries.

Time for me to head out for my lunch break. I already ate, so will just run some errands.

Take care everyone!

Hi girls,

Just a quick check in to say my surgery went ok. Still groggy so this is only a short note. Amazingly, I had an FD today and a window day yesterday. Just dont feel like eatin. Glutton for punishment, or waht?
    Connect soon.
    Salma

Hi Lynnee and welcome:

You don’t say how much you have lost in 2 weeks. The average weight loss is a little less than a pound a week, and any losses are not consistent. That means you could lose two pounds this week, not lose any for the next two weeks and then lose a pound. You have to get used to it.

You might check out the “Really No Weight Loss” link in this thread (as well as the remainder of the links) to see the pattern described: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

There is also a link explaining why some who start to exercise sometimes don’t lose the amount of weight they are expecting to lose.

Good Luck!

Hi everyone

I just love you guys,you do make me smile – I am so privileged to be allowed onto your worlds.

Makica, I consider you my sister, and considering i have 5 already, I know what makes a good sister – keep us all on course with your karma and good sense.

Salma, dear friend, I’ve decided that life for us both is a journey, we will eventually be skinnier than we are now, but for us it is a scenic journey, just cast your eyes over these lovely people we have collected on our journey, there is so much more to each of us than a few extra pounds, I don’t know about you but I feel blessed that we can reach out and find these wonderful people.

We are joined by more than a bit of extra fat, so I think we must take time to see what we are gaining in this hard hard job of weight loss.

Cinque, good on you, putting up with sneezes for cuddles from your cat, antihistamines do help!

Lori, as always, the most impressive of us all. Don’t know what to suggest for your cat, mine wouldn’t have dreamed of getting up early, but of course they are nocturnal creatures, at least when you are woken, at least you are alive!! Is that a positive??

Lj, bugger me, you lost weight – ok everyone loud cheers!!!! I did this lark for three weeks in the beginning and lost bugger all!!! So you are ahead already. There is no secret, though Sim is your best bet for advice, but if you want to lose a bit of weight, climb aboard, it does work!!!!

Hi everyone else, And a happy St Andrew’s Day, national day on Scotland!!!

Keep well and keep warm , except Cinque, you keep cool! Snow yesterday but just slush today.

December tomorrow and I’ll be on all your backs, three weeks on self denial, soo worth doing cos I refuse to allow anyone to fast at Christmas, so three weeks of fasting, one week of feasting, and then we will all get back on that horse on the 3rd of January!!!

Ah, why the third???

Well, here in Scotland we have TWO bank holidays – well the Scots do have to recover from Hogmany!!!

Lori, bank holidays are traditionally days when the banks closed and employers gave their staff a day off. Much like thanksgiving and Christmas. Once upon a time they were the only days off for working folk, and are traditionally paid holidays.

Love to all – travel hopefully. ……

Morning peeps! It is a lovely morning here, cool and sunny.

Salma so glad to hear from you and that all went well! Best wishes all the recovery goes smoothly! Nice to see that Fast Days slot in so nicely with it all!

Sherry I think those muffins would be great the way you suggest. The egg should keep them all together!
    You asked for feedback on that article. I read it and wasn’t convinced that it was very good science, and then looked up Dr Mercola and became even more skeptical. However I do think it is worth considering how much we enjoy things, and to do our best to love and appreciate our bodies, our food and the activity we do, and be without stress.

Welcome Lynjee, It sounds like you lost more than 1/2 a pound in each of the first two weeks you did 5:2, and 1/2 a pound in the third one. This sounds like great weight loss! Remember this is a long term health strategy, give yourself time.

Makica so sorry you have to do without sweet potato!
    Re the cats, I am allergic to some cats more than others. A vet explained it is something in their saliva, which then gets all over their fur, as they lick it. Some cats have more, and stressed cats are worse. When my old cat died I really noticed how my allergies lessened. But I am also allergic to a lot of other things, even hot weather and tiredness!
    When this cat came to me I didn’t see an increase in my allergies, but it is hard to tell, so I am not categorical (Categorical, ha!). I kept her out of my bedroom for a while, but then relaxed that rule.
    Yes, hooray for antihistamines!

Lori your life is so busy! Christmas is a hard time for eating properly, and it seems that hunting on top of it just makes it crazy. Plus if that toffee is still in the house, it must be almost impossible. Sending you lots of good wishes for a lovely eating window today!

A lovely post Milena.
    Makica, we don’t have bank holidays, but we have Boxing Day, the day after Christmas, best known in Australia for the Boxing Day Cricket Match! But apparently the name comes from the Christmas Boxes given to servants and tradespeople the day after Christmas. I bet they deserved them!

Keep warm all you winter bunnies. It is a lovely day here, so if your weather isn’t pleasing, pop on down! 23c degrees top, sunny with the slightest breeze. Come and have a coffee!

Hi Salma

hugs!!! hope you are back to normal very soon!!!!

Salma, so happy all went well with the surgery! Thanks for checking in and letting us know, as you were in my thoughts today! ?

Lori, my hubby is a former dear hunter (grew up in Michigan) so I know how extreme these guys can be! Heck, mine went hunting (and got a buck) on our honeymoon! Thank goodness the other week of our two week trip was spent in Jamaica! Hoping your guy was successful, though I can’t help it, I still feel sorry for the deer!

Milena, looking forward to you riding our a*ses till the holidays! In fact, I’m doing a week cleanse starting this Wednesday. Doing it mostly for the health benefits but if I lose a few that would be great too! Spending the day tomorrow making bone broth (whole organic chickens and the chicken feet too- supposed to be really good for healing your gut (from the collagen in them- I know, eeuuwww!), and juicing, etc. Besides drinking the broth and juice, you eat healthy veggies & protein. For me, I gotta mix things up sometimes.

Makica & Cinque, yes I agree re: that article. The most important take away is that we need to stop, breathe deeply and slowly and mindfully enjoy our food. If the mind is stressed/ rushed then the food possibly isn’t properly assimilated?

Hi to MM and Susie too if you’re around!

? Hugs,

Sherry

Sherry, your comments about deer reminded me of when I was young, someone gave me a haunch of deer, must have been a large buck, that they had hit on the road – it was frozen so put it on a plate (which was far too small but heck, no problem just for defrosting) went to work, when I got back the kitchen floor was flooded with blood, and it had all gone sticky – blood all over the worktop – they must have killed it and frozen it very quickly and this deer had definitely not been hung. Couldn’t believe how much blood had come out of it – tasted good though.

Once went through Glencoe at at about 2 in the morning – rather bleak but beautiful – the film Highlander was filmed there – at night pitch black and eerily quiet – my friend refuses to go there cos she can hear the massacre of the MacDonalds by the Campbells – aye the wind can play tricks at night – I spotted flashes of lights off the road, so pulled over – only me on the road, pitch black with the car lights off – but when I put them on watched a large herd of red deer crossing, the flashes had been their eyes reflected off the car lights – the most stunning sight, but imagine if I had been speeding into the middle of them, bro in law hit one the other week, his car was wrecked. We see them around us in the early morning, but no-one shoots them, just on the big estates in the North.

Hi all- good FD yest, normal today as am out with ‘the girls’ later, about 20 of us pre Xmas do in local pub.
    FD tomorrow. Didn’t track much at the w/e but feeling hopeful anyway.
    Salma, glad your surgery went ok, recover soon.
    Sherry- are you following a ‘plan’ for the cleanse or doing your own thing? Colleague swears by juicing for losing weight, don’t think I could manage that for more than a day or so.
    Milena- is this a busy time for you with the jewellery? We had a sale of silver jewellery from Nepal at work yesterday, they come every Dec and the proceeds go back to the women in Nepal. I didn’t buy this time but have before, its simple stuff but nice for a change.
    Hello to others,
    Susie

Good Morning!

Happy to say that the deer were safe from my group of hunters! I’m always secretly happy when they don’t get one as I don’t care for the meat and they are so pretty…..how can you shoot them? I’ll never understand the hunting thing. They were planning to go this morning again, but it is raining so they called it off.

I had a good time with my friends last night at the Christmas party. I got home around 8, so earlier than I thought. Lots of laughs and a bit too much food and alcohol…tis the season!

I must have a good fast day today to compensate, so I’ll be keeping strictly to my window as well as keeping the calories low. Off to boot camp in a few minutes!

Thinking of all who are feeling poorly and hoping it is a good day for you!

Salma so happy that it all went well. I am not too good post anesthesia, I feel very nauseated I hope this is not the case with you. Is there anybody to help you? Assist you until you get better? There is a beautiful healing meditation where you visualize a healing temple with a luminous grand healer giving you healing energy. It is even better when you visualize him as a hot, attractive guy. LOL but anyway the whole experience is very soothing and relaxing. The theory behind it is that we have all the power to heal ourselves within us.

Lori hope you had a great time at the party last night. And you are a busy girl with all that is going on around you. The invitations are poring in here too, don’t know what will I do with our eating window!

Milena dear sister, separated at birth, I am going to take this seriously and do the karma cleansing meditation for all of you from now on.

I know some of you must think I am a bit crazy (which I totally am) but taking into consideration what I do, my extensive schooling and a very down to earth attitude toward every day life you must be wondering what the hell is she talking about all these meditations and karma, mantras….

Well during my days at the University in the US my roommate was a doctor, my best friend in life, from India. He introduced me to meditation as a stress relief tool. Then when I was stuck in a moment in my life he thought me a mantra fro overcoming obstacles. I tried and everything fell into place, all the obstacles gone. I don’t really care if it is a placebo effect or the energy of the mantra did it, it worked. Right? Who am I to question a 2500 year tradition. Then came a time when I was very short on money. During our dictators rule the inflation was over 3.000.000% at moments. I had 4 kids and would do anything to be able to put food on their table so then I got a abundance mantra from my friend and it worked again. I got a new job for a foreign company, was paid i foreign currency and had enough to live a normal life. Chanting a mantra is just like meditation. You focus either on your breath or on the sounds of the mantra.

The mantra I am doing these days is the ultimate mantra of compassion and loving kindness that if done right clears the karma, not only yours but of everybody you touch. So my dears if I get it right we need to gather somewhere beautiful in the world and clear all the shit from our pasts. I am not a Buddhist but I believe in Cosmic or Universal justice. It all comes back to us in one form or another. And most of the time we do something, hurt somebody often unknowingly, because of our confusion, anger, hurt, pain and fear. But enough for one day. I must have bored you to death.

And to ad to the reason we are all here I lost 0.7 kg – 1.5 pounds this week sticking to my window and fasting for 2 days.

And Milena if Christmas is not a time for fasting I support your decision. The 3rd of January sounds like a great day to continue our road on the quest for leaner and meaner bodies.

Lori and Milena explained all the boxing and banking stuff and now I am an informed person. This is a joke here because one of our Presidents was not informed about a huge intervention in apprehending the former dictator and sending him to the Hague Tribunal.

Cinque so glad you can handle your allergies with your cat. I imagine it i not easy with your condition. But a pet is such a precious thing in our lives. It brings joy and unconditional love. I think I wrote the words of one of the loving kindness prayers – May you be joyful, may your happiness increase, may the causes for your good fortune, joy and happiness continue to grow.

Sherry I hope your cleansing goes well. It sound very healthy. And doable. Keep us posted. Cheering here for you.

My flu is not letting go. I am still bedridden. Everything hurts from lying all the time. But in no time will i get my pom-poms and start cheering again, I am just not sure if I can get into my cheerleading outfit I never had btw. 😉

Milena you have some stories. Really should think of writing a book. I will be your publisher, free of charge. Just for the fun of it.

Love ya beautiful people, sty safe and healthy.

m

Hi ladies,

Second day after surgery and feeling a bit better. Still sore and puffy, but really enjoying staying at home in bed and doing more TV watching than I have done in ages. I am currently watching “The Killing” series. I am on Season 1 and there are 4 seasons. So, it will be a DVD-fest.

Makica, I love the visualization. Like you, I am not the natural meditation practicing, mantra chanting type, but I did do some work with a hypnotherapist a couple of years back and he taught me visualization techniques, and I think they really work.. so I might try yours thinking of a really hot TALL healer 🙂 I hope you too are feeling better and the flu has run its course.

I do not have someone looking after me, but my friends call and will pass by in a day or two. To be honest, I am glad of the solitude. I have to stay in for a week or so and to rest. It is nice when you are forced to rest from your usual hectic life style. I am enjoying the peace and quiet and, of course, being completely useless and watching TV all day.

On the fasting front, amazingly, yesterday was a good fast day and this is my 3rd day on the window method. It is making me feel lighter and I feel good. I think it will also help with the healing. My window is 2 to 7, but today will be from 3-8 as I have not got hungry yet. I am so happy to be back on track. I think that I needed this “brake” in my crazy running around to get myself back into line. I will try my best to do 3 days weekly fasts within the window method for the next 3 weeks (leading up to Xmas) to try to ameliorate the damage already inflicted and give me a morale boost. Thanks for all the suggestions and comments.. I will be going back to my almond milk (which I ditched about a year ago and switched back to normal milk). I really think this might work. I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks to everyone who have sent virtual hugs, blessings and positive energy my way.. I am happy to report that it is all working. What a blessing it is to have such a wonderful support group.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.
    Salma

Hi Salma

if its working, lots of hugs to wrap around you today!!! Look after yourself well.

Been up all night looking for two pair of earrings, I used to blame the cats (and they were usually guilty) I think they are still up to their mischief!!! Either that or payback from my mum for not going to her funeral – though I did tell everyone she wanted to be buried not cremated – so she is probably breathing fire on the siblings who didn’t listen!

Finally gave up at 6am and looked on ebay, vintage used earrings so not much hope – but I found one pair and told the seller my plight, to ask her to send them to my customer – she gave me a third off!!! And some advice on managing sales, what a lovely person, really perked me up!

Have severe tinnitus at the moment, almost certainly due to this cold, I have a symphony in my right ear earlier – and the whole orchestra only knew one note!!!

Coughing madly now, but being well looked after – though I must admit I to miss spending time alone, its a rare thing these days.

Have a good day, back to the grindstone for me! And I need to put the pork in the oven!

Salma so gret to hear you are OK. I hope it wasn’t something too serious. I wish you did something for yourself like a Blepharoplasty or similar. I did when they were wheeling me in for the mastectomy I asked them to take care of my eyelids. I mean I was under anyway.

Lost of hugs and tall handsome healers.

Milena I am glad you found a solution. There are lots of great people in this world. You all here are a proper example.

Love

m

Hi Makica

hugs to you too – at least I can close to you without worrying about catching something cos I already have it – dunno about a book but I have a comedy series and two sitcoms in my head – plan is to have some time off in the Summer and get started – I did a course on film writing, but I thought it might be easier to put my ideas under the nose of the guy who did Love Actually and the Vicar of Dibley – bet there is a long queue to do that! No idea why I think I can write owt funny – I’m the unfunniest person I know – though I do have a really black sense of humour! Problem is I find my black humour much funnier than others do!

But if you publish me, I’ll write a book!! Wow, what a thought!

I’m feeling a little guilty that all the other wounded soldiers are fasting, and its the 1st of December – if I had the energy I would do something about this guilt – just not anytime today!

Milena I beg to differ and from my death bed! I mean flue bed.

We all beg to differ! You have a unique sense of humor that is not the ordinary thing you see on TV and the Movies. I am fed up with the stupid humor of people falling over and fumbling with things and antics, grimaces ala Jim Carrey. I loved the Monti Python humor. I also love dark humor. My husband and middle daughter the crazy scientist have a special type. So honey I will be your publisher. Try writing a page a day. Or just throw ideas onto one a piece of paper. Share it with us and I am sure you will get sincere feedback.

Your Official Royal Publisher ORP

m

I love this busy forum!!

I have to admit that I’ve never tried the meditation or visualization or any of that. I’m open to it, just haven’t the foggiest notion how to go about it. My mind is continually whirling, so not sure how successful I’d be at shutting it off for meditation!

I took a header at boot camp this morning. We were doing “Kongs”, picture hopping like a frog, hands on ground, bring legs up to meet hands and keep going, like a big old gorilla(hence the name). Anyway, I was racing one of the guys(I beat him!) and when I got to the end, I tried to stand up with too much momentum behind me and ended up doing a military roll. LOL! I popped up unhurt because we have a mat floor and I tucked my shoulder under and rolled. I also credit the years of training for me coming out of it unscathed. I’m glad it wasn’t being recorded. Not my most graceful moment!

Rainy, dreary day here. Supposed to be this way for the next couple days. Makes me get sleepy in the afternoon! I’m waiting for my end of the month paperwork so I can get started on reports etc. We have auditors coming this Thursday. I’m glad this is the last time I have to deal with auditors. This week is the pre-audit and then they come back at the end of January for the full audit. We are very careful that everything balances each month, so it’s never a problem. It’s just a matter of gathering all the reports etc that they want to look at.

Enough of my rambling. My stomach is growling and I need more coffee.

Hugs all around!

Wow Lori that was awesome! I am in shape but that move no way. They would be carrying me out in a very awkward position. You are our forum Ninja! Bowing (at least trying) gracefully to our own Lori Lee.

M

Ninja! ROFL!

I probably looked more like Humpty Dumpty doing that roll! 😉

This is my point – self deprecation has to stop! We are all Ninjas and fairies and lovelies. We are beautiful people in and out. With all the cellulite and fat and wrinkles and gray hair. We are the only ones we have. This body, this mind and spirit. We just need to be the best versions oh ourselves. But no more Humpty Lori you are Cat Woman or Wonder Woman or choose the heroin you want to be and BE.

I think you are awesome.

M

Ah yes…….bad me. You are correct. I’m going with Ninja….I look good in black!

Yes I think that black looks great on you! 😉

Hi all,

Such a supportive, lovely group you all are!

Salma, so glad you are on the mend and able to take some guilt free R&R! The only thing I liked a out all my IVF tries was that I got to lay around on my bum ( I was only supposed to get up for quick showers- suppose they thought the implanted embryo would slide out! ?) for 2-3 days watching movies, reading magazines and getting meals brought to me in bed by my husband!

Makica, you poor girl! Are you trying any natural remedies or at least some good old fashioned chicken soup to help with the flu? Yes, I agree with Lori- you need to give those of us with monkey brains that are going nonstop some easygoing meditation techniques!

Yes, we’ve all told Miss Milena that she needs to be a stand up comic, but writing a funny book or TV series would do also!

Lori, so funny that you’re like me and don’t really want those hunters to be successful! My hubby tried for years to get me to eat “Bambi”, but I always refused. He claimed the deer in Michigan ate off the farm fields so didn’t taste wild- um, no thank you just the same!

Having a tough time buckling down today and making that broth with the chicken + chicken feet ?! Going to throw all the ingredients in a crockpot & let it cook low & slow all night.

Susie, I’m doing a plan my wellness coach gave me- basically eating really clean healing/healthy foods for a week.

Today was rough for two of our kitties (plug your ears Cinque & Milena!). We had to get the male & female brother & sister fixed before they started having little inbreds! First it was had to catch them because they knew so something was up, then they howled the whole way to the vet and crapped in the pet carrier from fear causing our van to smell terrible the whole way there! It sounds so stupid, but I feel bad getting the female fixed… Maybe I’m thinking about how hard it was for me to have babies & now I’m taking that away from her- I know, I’m an idiot! We had to do this though because otherwise they start wandering, looking for a date and then don’t come home at night and get eaten by one of the many coyotes we have out here!

Ok, now on to those chicken feet…. Wish me luck!

Hi Sherry

as an ex cat breeder I refuse to close my ears and must take you to task!!!

All I can say is

MIMULUS!!!!

Great for calming cats down going to the vet!!!!

Must say I did a lot of thinking before starting breeding, of course there are lots of cats looking for homes, breeding on purpose????? But I only bred a few, I enjoyed it and feel I did a good job. Only a couple of litters from any of my girls, had two boys to stud though I rescued the first one (along with about a dozen other cats). I had a lot of folk asking for the studs, three of them, but got all three neutered and rehomed – cost me a ruddy fortune but we did have some fun. Hardest part was giving these boys away.

Strangely, the boys LOVED going to the vets – the assistant came in wearing welding gloves to hold them and got licked to death, wish my girls had been as easy.

So, definitely an advocate, though I think there is a space for breeding – having said that breeding hairless cats – as friendly and lovely as they are – or changing the appearance to suit the latest fads, at the detriment of the breed – munchkins are deformed cats, and many persians now have breathing problems – is wrong!

Anyway, back to Mimulus, get some, and also rescue remedy – they do pet remedy now but I think a wee squirt of brandy does man nor beast literally no harm. And let them play in the cat box and sleep in it, put used bedding not brand new so it has their smell, and yours, and they will be fine.

I remember as a child getting a little brown mouse from the school lab – stepfather worked away, he was an Auf Viedersen guy, working in Germany, and there were new animals every time he got back, he put the mouse in the hall when he decorated the living room, in the days of no central heating – mouse caught a cold, I came down one night to find him with the mouse wrapped in a sock, he was spooning brandy down it – lived about 6 years which is way too long for a mouse!

So I reckon if the mimulus, a bach flower remedy and memory of a flower – doesn’t work the brandy will!

Never meditated but once had a paralysed cat – think his mum fell on her, or perhaps a little boy dropped her – hmm – my vet is of the Heriott school of vitinry – as they say in the books – literally – he went to the same vet school – very much wait and see is his mantra – so we brought her home, and she slowly got feeling back in her tail, her back and one leg – just a couple of days depression but used the remedies, she was a sight to see climbing the furniture with two dead legs! Someone told me how to massage the dead leg and people did remote reiki – me? try owt once!

Unfortunately Aggie, the cat, got a scratch, probably off the carpet, she dragged it a bit, the back foot that was recovering, and the bloody toes fell off, back to the vet, wait and see, and she was wearing the most pretty shocking pink stocking! So pink sock on one leg, foot disintegrating, splint on other leg, she was a game bird – and remote reiki around the world.

Of course it could not go on, appointment made to have her put to sleep – just a kitten of about 4 months, so sad.

Blummin’ puss WALKED out of the cat box at the vets – lots of hugs from the vet – did I mention he is quite dishy? – only downside was she hated me, I did put her through it every day, toes and half a foot missing but she walks on it – gave her to a young lad, son of a friend, and she still goes to my vet!

The mind is a powerful thing – and cats are amazing creatures! And neuters can put on weight – just saying!

oh – one last thing – you may never want to hear a young cat in heat – wailing banshees is a good description – and some pee all over the place – mine never did – and boy would definitely pee – and it smells awful. You dodged a bullet!

Shoot Milena! Didn’t know you were an expert at cats! Just thought you liked them a lot! If I’d known, definitely would have consulted with you & gotten some tips! Where do u get that Mimulus? Poor kitties are looking at us wide-eyed now like they think we’re going to eat them for dinner ?! Had to give them their droppers full of pain medicine a bit ago and it wasn’t pleasant!

Btw all, got those crazy chicken feet in the pot finally- hid them under the onions and carrots because the kids kept trying to peak in the pot to see what’s cooking- if they see those feet ( even though obviously all the feet & bones get chucked in the end) they’ll never eat tomorrow’s chicken noodle soup, not to mention I’ll never hear the end of it!

Oh re: your injured cat, we had a cat who got an injury- don’t know how- where his leg must have been yanked really bad- or caught it on something ( maybe a coyote’s teeth?). Anyhow, vets didn’t know what was wrong exactly & because the cat was dragging the foot, said we had to amputate because he’d wear the foot raw & it would get infected-we decided not to & even though he didn’t have feeling in it, he learned to balance on his toe, walking with a bit of a hitch in his hip. Lived a couple more years after that then dissapeared. Just goes to show, with animals you never know!

Hello it is late Wednesday afternoon here. We had our last YamDaisy event for the year (that is the community food project I am managing): a try at catering. It was a wonderful event but I am exhausted. So glad everything is pretty well done now and I can relax.

Sherry, cats are a terrible burden in Australia, killing our precious wildlife, especially when they go feral. A good cat owner has the cat neutered, and makes sure they are kept inside overnight. So I applaud you sending kittens off to the vets. My dear Miso is a spayed girl and she is having a very happy healthy life, even though I don’t let her out at night, when she would LOVE to be out!. Yours won’t miss her kittens, being spayed so young.

Yesterday I noticed my allergies weren’t so bad when I was away from the house, so now I am blaming poor Miso more than I was before!

Milena, I hope you get the chance to write. I can’t wait to see your sitcoms!

Lori, definitely ninja! What a save!

Makica you are awesome too!

Salma, enjoy your rest and healing time. I hope you have a nice list of jobs for your friends, so they can feel good and helpful when they come by. Sending some healing meditation from here too. Mine is gentle Melbourne sunshine and all the flowers that are out at the moment, especially the red and white salvia full of nectar, that grows by my gate.

Fast Day tomorrow! See you then!

Good morning from this part of the world / time zone. I am on the slow mend. Still not fit for duty. But I need to go to the hairdressers because my scalp is in a mega itching phase. Good thing it is just around the corner. I could wash it myself but then I have to dry it and as it is a lions mane it would exert too much energy which I don’t.

Salma I hope everything is going well with you.

Milena and Sherry I am learning a lot if I have a cat one day. I neutered both of my dogs. Now the female is having problems with not being able to keep control of her bladder. We have tried everything. She is in diapers now most of the time and she has some years to live. The vet says it happens with ta lot of neutered bitches. So sad. Animals are clean, they don’t soil their home, at least not on purpose. Although I had a Basset Hound that would punish us with pooping in the middle of the living room. But Basset are not dogs they are Bassets. That is what the instruction manual that comes with them says.

Cirque hope you rest well. Kudos on the food project. Be kind to yourself.

So my magnificent ladies of to get my scalp taken care of. See you soon Ninja beauties,

M

Good Morning!

I’m enjoying my day off boot camp and just sipping my coffee and catching up with all of you. Having a day off mid-week works well for me. Some go to boot camp nearly every day, but I don’t feel its a good idea. Too much of a good thing and all.

My cat has been a good girl the past 2 nights. She hasn’t gotten us awake early, although I seem to wake up around 3, which is when she got us up lately. Last night she slept on the bed at my husband’s feet. She’s a big girl, so I’m sure he was feeling a bit crowded. I’m sure my comforter is covered in hair as it is dark blue and she is a ginger. I’ll be de-furring it when I make the bed. Why did I think a dark comforter was a good idea?

I’m expecting a rather boring day at work today. Just waiting for month end numbers from corporate and of course, the auditors arrive tomorrow. Ho Hum..so it goes.

When my window opens, I’ll be going out for lunch. I have an appointment to get my hair cut after work, so a good lunch will see me through until I get home. They always give me a glass of wine at the salon, so that will probably be my dinner!

Makica…hope your visit to the salon made you feel better. Good that it is nearby so you can hurry back to your nest(home) to rest. When you have the flu, even a short trip out is exhausting.

Salma…take care and be well.

Sherry…sorry you’re having such an ordeal with the cats, but I applaud your efforts. Hope they recover quickly. As for the chicken feet in the crock pot, EWWWWWWW! That would freak me out. I know it’s supposed to be good for you, but I just couldn’t face it.

Well, another cup of coffee is calling my name. I still have an hour and a half until I have to hit the shower. What a lazy morning!

I’ll check in on you all later!

Hello ladies. Wow, what an active forum this has been. I wish I had time to speak to every entry, but, it is a work day.

Cinque, I have the same problem with allergies. Mine manifests itself in hives. After years of suffering and no help from local doctors, I saw an allergist at Mayo. Turns out I’m very allergic to oak, birch, maple and dogs. Yikes! I live in the woods and have 2 dogs. The dogs are poodles, so don’t shed, but I do notice I’m better when I’m away. The trees I can’t do much about, though it’s given me permission to not do yard work (yeah!). A steady diet of antihistamines and a super duty air filter seem to be doing the trick, though I worry that should things get any worse I might have to part with at least one dog, which would break my heart.

Salma and Makica, so glad to hear you are feeling better. And Milena, best wishes for a short cold as well. I have similar deer stories, here in the woods of Minnesota. They are lovely creatures, but do have a disconcerting habit of jumping out right in front of your car. As does other wildlife. So far I’ve been lucky and not hit anything larger than a pheasant, which actually hit me (it hit the side of my car, so I feel I am not to blame).

I had a good fast day Monday. Tried to also fast yesterday, but found myself both ravenous and blue by evening, so let myself have a glass of wine and wee bit of ice cream. I’ll aim again for fasting on Thursday. Haven’t faced the scale yet, but did put a belt on yesterday that felt loose. Of course, it’s elastic so might have just stretched out.

Sherry, I’m afraid I’m with Lori. Don’t think I could face the chicken feet, though I know they’re a delicacy in China.

Love to all,
    MM

Hi All
    Sherry definitely not an expert, but somewhere is my head is some info about weak bladders on dogs, I’ve a head of useless info, with snippets of usefulness buried there!

Talking of chickens, treat your kits to some chicken drumsticks or wings, organic, cats don’t have the same problems as humans ‘re bugs – shorter distance or something, but organic def better – raw of course, never give a cooked chicken bone to a car or dog.

They might just forgive you!

Mimulus is one of the Bach flower remedies, chemist and health food stores stock them, let me know if you have problems, will send some.

Have arranged to take my hubby’s best mate to a cottage for a weekend in February, going to go through some of his tales, just his ordinary life, but his life is a car crash – actually even literally – his ex wrote off loads of cars in the most stupid ways. So script or book coming, the house that Jack built, except he is called Colin. Bit Bridget Jones without worrying about weighing 9st and thinking that fat.

Just thought of a Colin who could play Colin, except Mr Firth is to posh to play a Scotsman building a house at Loch Ness. May have to insist on Gerard Butler for the part! Or Ewan McGregor.

Heck, I’ll make him English and have Henry Cavhill!!!!

Hi Makica

knew there was something in that brain of mine somewhere – what is the ‘everything’ that you have tried, let me know, message me if you prefer, I have a couple of ideas, and if you have gone down those roads, will have a word with my vet!

So you are the sister blessed with the lucious locks!!!!

I’m baby hair prone to rat tails, but must admit as I love my hair, poker straight and a good cut and colour and I’m blessed – its a grand compliment when folk I’ve known for twenty years say they thought the colour was natural.

A good hairdresser really is worth his weight in gold!!

Good morning everyone! I will put my hand up for some chicken soup made with the chicken feet! I bet it is the best!

I hope you had a lovely haircut Makica and are snuggled safely beck home in bed now.

Lori I am so glad your cat has been sleeping through. Hopefully you will get back into that habit too. Precious sleep!
    Enjoy your gentle day! I hope the boring work bits go quickly!

Miss M I sometimes get hives too, so big and itchy. I am sorry if you get them heaps, they are horrid. It has been rye grass season here which is always hard for me, but I think I am allergic to dust mites too, so I try to keep the windows open. My symptoms are fairly low level, but also fairly constant 🙁

Milena, won’t it be fun casting for your story!

Well it is Fast Day here, not yet 10am, but every five minutes I have been thinking of something I would like to eat! It might be a long day.

Good morning gals,

I tried to fast yesterday, unsuccessfully. I got really hungry and caved in.. I did eat healthy though and just had salmon with greens and a bit of mashed potatoes.

Today is an FD, but like Cinque, the day has not yet started and I am already thinking of the foods I am missing, but.. nerves of steel and all that! One thing that might help with the resolve is the idea of chicken feet. Sherry! The thought is rather off putting, but I do hope your soup came out nice and no one was the wiser.

Milena, you know we all think you have an awesome talent. You MUST write, if only to have an excuse to meet Mr. Firth!

Another lazy day watching DVDs.. I hope Milena and Makica are getting better too.

Have a great one.
    Salma

Good luck for the day Salma! I am at the evening end, and I’ve just had my bowl of soup so I will be right.
    Isn’t it nice that it is just one day at a time.
    Cheers everyone! ?????????

Hi everyone, I am getting better but very slowly.
    Chickens soup is made from all parts of the chicken and that is why it is so healthy. The chicken bones are said to contain some kind of natural antibiotic and that is why it is so good to have it when you are sick. And my dear ladies you must remember your grandmothers throwing in the neck and the head and all sorts of thing… bat wings. No? you don’t. Then I have to seeing my grannies background… hmmm

Salma just plow on. We are stronger than the rock of Gibraltar .

MM you don’t eat the feet, just doing the broth. It is good. Trust me.

Lori so happy your cat is sleeping in. And some time of for a Ninja is good. Your muscles have to repair.

Sherry I would love some of your soup. Will have to ask my housekeeper to make some for me.

Milena you have so many people here on your production team that there is no excuse for not trying. I promise a crazy victory dance for every page you write. I will film it and post on FB!

Love ya bunch of angels,
    m

Viewing 50 posts - 2,651 through 2,700 (of 5,077 total)

You must be logged in to reply.