Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

This topic contains 5,051 replies, has 218 voices, and was last updated by  vendor 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 801 through 850 (of 5,077 total)

• Lots of meal plans on here free

Also recipes

http://www.womanmagazine.co.uk/food/500-calorie-meal-plans-52-diet/

It looks good

Ginette

Hi Salma

taking off hair clips is extreme! Perhaps that why I know the bracelet, bangle and necklace I wear weigh 79 grams!!!!! roflmao!!!!!

Its a blummin’ merrygoround, jump on when you can and enjoy the ride!!!!! And watch me spin off and land on my ass – six weeks without Costa, McFlurry and wine – arggghhhhh!

Think buying the book of ebay can be fairly cheap!

Travel hopefully.

Hi All

Anybody else joining us? So far Milena, myself and Jaye are going Fast Beach diet from Monday.

Come on keep us company………..

Ginette

Yup!

And starting on a high, just put roast lamb in the oven, so weighed myself just now, rather than risk be deflated by my first roast since New years day, and worse yet, I refuse to let a little jersey royal upset me. I dont even want ‘goods in transit’ to be an excuse.

Have hit 80 kilos, a fraction under if I lift me right leg??? – not a good look though, so happy with 80. In spite of the 2.5 kilo increase last month, so dead chuffed. In imperial, 25lbs down, and that means 3lbs to go to reach two stones off, and 9 lbs to get under 12 stone. Scary eh?

If I can do it, it HAS to be achieveable. We are still in April, so I have a target to reach to the end of the month. Company most welcome. And another to reach by the beginning of June, Salma you are MOST welcome to join us on that part of the journey. You know we will be there for you at the end. Reach for the stars, you may get to the moon!

I hope y’all dont think Im bragging, but if this old banger can get a few laps done, we all can.

Travel hopefully

Hi All,
    Ginette, many thanks for your understanding and thoughts on my work situation. To be honest, I’ve been through this before as well–a few times. As far as I can recall, this is probably the first and only time I haven’t been one of the ones being laid off–so it is a very new and unusual feeling! Granted, it feels better than if I had no job right now, but it makes me all the more thankful that my job is still around!

Milena, congratulations on your new weight! You must be mightily chuffed! As I’m so close to my first (only?) target I won’t be joining you on the Fast Beach Diet because, drumroll please…as of this morning I am 2.3 pounds/1.04 kilos/.16 stone away from my current goal. I had hoped to trim down a lot with a two-day back-to-back fast, but this is beyond my wildest dreams! I still don’t know if I can reach my current goal by Friday morning, but I think two back-to-back fast days, and then alternating fast days until Friday morning should help. If nothing else I should be damn close.

If I didn’t have to do my strength training every other day starting today, I’d throw in another two-day back-to-back fast. However, I believe that the two-day back-to-back fast is but another tool in my tool chest–and one to be used sparingly for best results. Remember, I haven’t done this since I was ill this past February. I only did it now to try to reach the current goal by the time I see the nutritionist on Friday. After this week I hope I can relax a bit–even if I’m not quite at goal. If I don’t make it, I still have three fast days planned for this week, and should hopefully make the current goal by the end of this month if not before. Once I do reach the current goal, the nutritionist wants me to maintain it for a month before he will even discuss lowering it, so that’s what I’ll be up to next, FYI.

Happy week one and all,

Jayney

Well done Milena on your weight loss.

And Janeyw……..what a brilliant loss you must be sooooo pleased.

Ginette

Thanks Ginette,

You are sooooo right! I’m over the moon and can’t wait to see what the rest of this week holds (as far as trimming down)! Many thanks again for your support.

Jayney

You have worked really hard to get there Jayney. You sometimes had so little weight loss so treat this as your reward. You deserve it. It must be hard when you have a relatively small amout to lose. I have so much that it will be some time before I am at this stage.

I hope to have a healthier year this year and at least get better control of my blood pressure. I have a very stressful situation at the moment and it is really effecting it. This is one of the reasons that I decided to do the diet.

I hope to lose another couple of stone by the end of the year.

Ginette

Thanks Ginette,

You’re right. I have worked very hard to get here, and just have a little more to go–at least for a month. It really can be excruciating to only trim down by a small amount, and there were times when my progress really slowed to a crawl (as you know). However, I’m really hoping that switching up the days and frequency of fasting will have a positive result this week.

Getting your blood pressure under control is probably the most important thing you can do at this stage. I’m sure that lowering your weight will do a lot to help that. I’m sorry to hear you’re dealing with a stressful situation. I hope you’re looking into other means of stress control. There are other things that can really help with that (hypnosis, and other forms of relaxation have really helped me). Meditation might be helpful as well. It doesn’t have to take long, and could really make a difference. Just a thought.

I hope you exceed your weight loss plans this year and beyond!

Jayney

Hi All,

Sorry, I meant to mention that I mentioned the re-feeding idea to my new personal trainer at the new gym I just joined. He said that it is probably a good idea to do that on a day BEFORE exercise. He said it would be best because it would be better the muscles to strengthen them before a workout. Just FYI. My appointment with the nutritionist is tomorrow, and with the naturopath is on Friday. I will likely report what they say next weekend. Just FYI.

Jayney

Hi Jayney

Thanks for that. I have invested in a hypnosis CD to help me sleep. As I had about 4 hours last night about time I try it. I need to also get one foe stress if this works.

I can’t afford a hypnotherapist although if I could would go.

I have awful dreams/nightmares and need to try and change these. It has been ongoing for a few months and so I think I will have to see my doctor and see what she suggests.

The weight will help the blood pressure as you said.

Have a good week.

Ginette

Hello ladies..

Firstly, allow me to extend deeply felt congratulations to both Milena and Janey. I am so pleased for you guys. It gives me hope that I will get there in the end.

So, the bad news (my bad news) report. I got on the scales today and I am up by 2.8 Kgs, and this is without the hairclips Milena and without any jewelry ..Just as I thought! My body does that. As of this morning, I am up to 90.8 AGAIN! So, instead of drowning myself in chocolate &/or wine, I am fasting today. it is almost 3:30 p.m here and I am starving, but hanging in there. I will make myself another cup of black coffee soon to appease the hunger.

Good luck on the start of the FBD. I |want to hear all about it as I am hoping to join you when I am back home. I think what I would find most frustrating is the calorie counting bit.. but let’s see.

Ginette, I am having awful trouble sleeping too. This started around 4 months ago, and I get nightmares and crystal clear dreams that freak me out. I do have a lot on my mind, but I have always been able to sleep well, and this new development is really concerning me. I thought it would get better on holiday, but it hasn’t. I wake up 4 to 5 times a night and it takes me time to get back to sleep. In the morning, I wake up tired. I had previously tried a hypnotherapist (mostly for the weight issue) about a couple of years ago, and it helped me a lot with several things, but, honestly, I think we have to find our own ways of dealing with stress. maybe as Janey suggested, meditation may be worth a shot. I have not tried it myself (I lack the patience) but I think it is better to rely on your own methods than to need someone else to help. I have read great things about the ability of meditation to lower blood pressure and help with a host of things. You might like to read “10% Happier” by Dan Harris.

Ah, by the way, I wanted to ask you ladies about the link to the food during the different decades programme. I just tried to open the link I think Milena provided (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NDuGNwJ2pCo) and I got a “This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube’s policy against spam, scams, and commercially deceptive content.” message. Maybe I can order it from the BBC? Can you give me the full title of the programme?

Another 3 hours to dinner (lentil soup).. I think I may be able to make it. I need to get back on the straight and narrow if I have a snowball’s chance in hell to lick this weight problem any time this century.

Well done to you both, Milena and JayneyW. Keep up the good work!

I’ve has a fast day again today. This is my last one now till after I get back from my holiday.
    I will weigh myself in the morning and see if I’ve lost any more.
    I will certainly try and be careful in what I eat, but on a cruise….. this will be a tad difficult. Hee! Hee!

Hi Salma,
    Don’t worry… just pick up where you left off and you’ve done the right thing having a fast day rather than binging on chocolate and wine.
    I have faith in you. You’ll quickly see results.

I am also having trouble sleeping, but on non-fast days, I have found that eating a light snack 1 hour before bed, like a couple of oatcakes or crackers and a small piece of cheese helps to sleep longer before waking up.
    Also, ensure that the bedroom window is open slightly to keep the bedroom cool. I did read somewhere that the body uses up more calories at night in a cooler room than a warm room.

Ginette & Milena…
    Are you still going to be posting your progress on this thread, even though you are trying the Fast Beach Diet?

Good Luck to you all, this thread is keeping us motivated. I love my new WOL.

After a brief spell off the wagon (hormones – oh joy – plus some other issues) I’m back on it again having gained 2.2lb…. which I now have to lose (again). Today has been, actually, easier than I thought it would be. About to hit the sack, a bit peckish but nothing I can’t deal with.

Feeling motivated 🙂

Salma: you’re doing the right thing… remedial action before the problem gets too bad. You can do it.

Milena: Congratulations, really pleased for you 🙂

Hi Jane_Catlover. Me too (three of them).

Hi everyone. I’m brand new on this site, though not brand new to 5:2 (or 4:3). I gave up after a couple of months last year as I found it too difficult to stick to. The reason I’m lurking here is that I’m in my mid 60’s:-O and wonder (without having to search through every thread here) if anyone else is around the same age who would buddy me? I think losing weight (I want to shed around 4 stone) will be more of a challenge now. Throughout my life I’ve yo-yo ed (I’m 5’5″) and I’ve been anything from 8st to 14st. Now I feel like a beached whale and so want to be able to wear something other than a marquee size black tee-shirt and elasticated trousers through the summer.

Hi Salma

Yes I got 4 hours last night and then another 3 hours in the chair. I was woken twice with bad dreams.

I am hoping Paul McKenna can sort me out. I will load it on the iplayer tomorrow.

You may find that you lose some of this quite quickly, you will just need to work at the rest.

Hi Cat lover

Enjoy your holiday. Just do a lot of exercise and it will help. Don’t worry we will now be posting on both threads I am sure……can’t get rid of us that easily, aren’t I right Milena?

Hi Firehorse

Welcome back. You will soon get back in the swing of it.

Hi dressdown

You will find lots of help here. Just stick with us. Once you get into it, you won’t look back and we all are each other’s strengths. It will take you a week or to to adjust and then you will be fine.

Measure yourself at the beginning and you can record measurements on the tracker. It is difficult to tell with elasticated waists, I know as I wear them myself.

Remember to be aware of the food you are eating on non fast days as well. Maybe calorie counting for a couple of weeks will help. It’s only when you know foods that you can estimate although it is a pain to calorie count even at first I would recommend it as a good way to learn.

Good luck.

Ginette

Ok.. Fast day went well. I just had a light dinner of Bok Choy soup and an orange. I am feeling very virtuous indeed. I hope against hope that the scales will register at least some dcline tomorrow. I know it is only temporary and probably due to water loss, but it does help with the motivation. Wish me luck.

Good I am pleased all went well.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Ginette

Hello all, couldn’t help but chip in, Paul McKemma the C.D you get with the book “I Can make you thin, “is the best thing in the world to put you to sleep, I have had it for years and have yet to hear the end. The slimming advice is also v.good. Not as good as 5:2. Gooseylucey x

Hi Salma

There is a rule about ignoring increases. Ok, I’ve ignored it myself a few times, but not any more. It just depresses me, and it comes down again. And it will for you. So if the scales show a loss, great, if they don’t, you will still have ‘goods in transit’ going on and you cant rush the goods. Short term blips wont stop your longterm goals, and we are here for the longhaul.

So pleased your fast went well, its it good ones that push us forward.

If think either Ginette or Jaye posted the link. Will have a search for it though.

Ginette. I was having trouble sleeping, got some herbal remedy. Only took 4 or 5, had weeks of good sleep since, I am a night owl anyway, but now when I get to sleep, its good. Cant find them at the moment. Been so long since I’ve needed them.

Welcome. Dressdown, we’ll all buddy you, a few of us here have grey hairs, and some are here for the long haul, I had 4 stone to lose, but now decided more than 5 stone is doable.

Firehorse, hi – missed you. Glad you have your motivation back, were going to have a great Summer together on this journey.

Catlover, have a great time, looking forward to hearing how it went. As long as you keep active you will be fine, and a great holiday will be well worth any repairs when you get back.

Everyone have a great day! Travel hopefully

Hi Gooseylucy

No it’s I can make you sleep. No problems last night thankfully. Sounds like they mixed CDs up if you didn’t get to the end of it.

Hi Milena

Yes as you know I am a night owl too. I worked late sor so many years I put it down to that.

Hi Salma

Yes Milena is right. Goods in transit will have an effect.

Ginette

Oops…….working out my calories on food tracker I wondered why it had given me a ridiculously high calorie allowance. Went into settings and I couldn’t find anything then I went into goals and I had accidentally set it to GAIN 1.5lb a week.

How silly was that!

I am now using my plate which is a livestrong app. It allows you to set what calories you want to lose. It’s better at working out food amounts as well. You can also scan foods in. I shall see how it goes.

Sadly now way of allowing for 500 days though. If fast beach diet app would not require me to log in every time I use it I would use that. But to keep logging in that is username and password every time. What a pain.

Hope you are all ok.

Ginette

Good morning to all.

Hi Firehorse and welcome back.. I am clambering onto wagon as well.. so we can compare notes. Welcome Dressdown.. Most here are actively heading towards our 60s so you are in good company and you are welcome here to struggle along with the rest of us towards a lesser existence.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. It is a bit disheartening when all your good work seems to evaporate, but after a fast day, thee scales register 89.3 Kg (1.5 Kgs down from yesterday!). This probably means my real weight is around 90. I am going to fast again on Thursday and perhaps another day this week to try to repair some of the damage done during my week of feasting.

Gooseylucy and Ginetter.. What is this CD you are talking about? Does it help you sleep? Any help is appreciated. Also Milena, you mentioned some herbal thing? I shall be passing through London on the way back home. Can I find it there? Desperate times call for desperate measures!

Ginette, I have downloaded the MyPlate app and will try to use it. Thank you for all the tech info. I am a techie myself and love gadgets and apps, so I would really appreciate your feedback on these things.

Ok.. so today is a non fast day but I will try to remain within 1000 cals or so. Maybe Ginette’s app will help.

Have a great day everyone. Onwards and downwards.

Hi Salma

Melissa Dream, you can get it from Holland & Barrett.

Hope you get it and it works, you might be able to get it online, or I could get you some.

Glad to see it was goods in transit, I am such an oracle!!!!!!!

Hi Salma, the C.D I have is “I can make you thin” it came with the book “I can make you thin.” The C.D talks you through the way you are going to eat in the future, well the first 5 mins of it does then I am asleep! It’s totally amazing!! The book did help me to acquire some better eating habits, and in my opinion is worth the read, and listen, even though I have tried v hard to stay awake throughout I always, always nod off.
    I didn’t know he did “I can help you sleep ” C.D, but I am sure it must be very effective, there’s nothing like a good nights sleep. Good luck. Gooseylucey x

Tanks Goooseylucy.. I have downloaded the Iphone app “I can make you sleep”. I will report on effectiveness (or lack thereof) once I have started using it.
    You may just have saved my sanity!

3:00 p.m. and have had only a bit of salmon, snow peas and a tiny bit of mashed potatoes. I am invited to dinner which may be a challenge, but am full of good intentions. Wish me luck!

Hi Salma

I am so pleased at your loss. As I said it would right itself. As Milena said, goods in transit.

I really like the app I have only been using it for a day but really easy. It also remembers your choices for you. I was so surprised as I ate normally apart from any treats. I came out at 1005 calories. I know I was eating under TDEE but I was so surprised to see HOW much under. TDEE Is just over 2000 but I try to keep to about 1700. I had a ham sandwich at lunch time and a couple of pieces of fruit. Mince beef with lots of vegetables in the evening and even two Brazil nuts.

I would normally have a yogurt as well but I wasn’t at home and forgot to take one. It is fast day tomorrow but I must try and increase my food on Thursday.

I don’t eat breakfast just don’t really like eating early.

Milena how was today?

Ginette

Hi Ginette..
    I am afraid I have had a rather substantial dinner as I was invited to this very fancy restaurant by a very old friend (we have been friends for 30 some years) who I had not seen for a while. Catch up, gossip and wine do not bode well for a low cal dinner. Still.. Tomorrow should be better and there is always the fast on Thursday.

I would be very interested to hear how this new app compares with the MyFitness app. I know you use both, so please do let me know.

Good night everyone, and good luck to those fasting tomorrow.

Hello Ladies, it has been encouraging to read your posts. I have my swings and roundabouts mood wise but have been able to hang in on fasting days.

The wicked cold that was going around finally hit me square in the head and throat. Because I usually lose my voice when this happens I decided to put the 5:2 to the test and create some extra healing time.

Moseley pointed out that while the body is not so engaged with food it has time to put itself to work healing and doing general maintenance. I decided to add an extra non consecutive fasting day to the week and hopefully knock this cold out more quickly.

Success!!!!! Where everyone around me has wrestled with the cold for several weeks, I managed to be up and about not even a week later.
    I am really sure that the fasting helped. I have not had such a burning throat for a long time.

I have not been doing this long but I have noticed that the day after a fasting day I have a real urge for carbohydrates. I had porridge, the other day and muesli yesterday, with cocoa powder of my own. I do not use sugar but I have been biting into more apples and graining pomegranates lately.

The paunch is lessing and not leaving such loose skin as other times I had dropped the weight recently.

re: the observation about this group ‘approaching’ 60s….. looks like I might have to leave you spring chickens to join a new group of ‘Those who are 60’ soon! July is the demarcation line for me.

lovely to hear of success for you all, and ready to be of support when the going gets tough,
    Lady filosopher

Hi Lady filosopher, you sound like you are doing well. Tell us more about yourself.You will get lots of support here.

About this new group, I will be joining you in September.

Happy fasting!

Hi Salma

Still using both apps to find out pros and cons. I will give a review in a few days time.

I have always registered weight on my fitness pal, but not counted calories.

I ordered my sleep Cd from Amazon it comes with a book. Try the one that you have and see if it works, if not I will post details.

There are times in our lives that we need to go off track a bit and what cound be better than catching up with a friend. As long as the next day you don’t continue it will be fine.

Hi Lady filosopher

How interesting about the cold. Really good news. I wouldn’t have thought of it.

Don’t leave the group as you joined in your 50s and a lot of us are on more than one thread. I am on ladies of a certain age. Both groups are supportive.

I also did had the urge for carbs but it lessens. I still enjoy my sandwich with granary bread. It has cut right back though. This is the diet making me not want it rather than the me giving it up. So it has been easy.

Definetly my stomach on the outside is shrinking. More so than my waist. I would imagine it is also shrinking on the inside.

Hi Apple pie. Same goes for you. It feels like losing friends.

Ginette

Hi

I’m going to have a rant – just warning!!

They say daytime tv is rubbish – it is and I only watch bargain hunt – btw you might see me on the repeats, been the hapless dealer ln 4 or 5 of them.

Nowt to do with my rant, sorry.

Anyway – occasionally -very rarely – there is a really interesting programme, sometimes an educational programme, and sometimes something comes on which makes you yell at the screen.. Sometimes all three – today was that day!!

Just remembered what got me watching – Status Quo – clip of ‘Pictures of Matchstick men’ – awesome – 40 odd years ago, like yesterday.

Sorry, back to rant!!! Hope one or two of you are still with me – it is relevant to this WOE, just hope it isnt an anti climax!

Rip of Britain – Gloris Hunniford and Angela Rippon – food packaging – I’ll not bore you with most of it, especially if hou have dogs – ugly, but ingredient lists – that is the reason for my rant.

Manufacturers only have to list quantities if the ingredient is on the front of the box, so honey nut shredded wheat has the percentages of yhese three ingredients, but not other sugar, which we know is over ten percent cos its the second ingredient, third ingredient is over 10%.

Nasty, but it got worse, much worse, but I wont get into that, except for marmalde.

They used marmalade as an example. 70% marmalade, 30% sugar.

No surprise there if you’ve ever made marmalade or jam – except the 70% in ‘in its natural state’. Take away most of the peel, the pith and most of the water, so your 70/30 fruit/sugar in a spoonful is 50/50, or nearer 40/60.

They showed a sausage with 150% pork, because they calculate pork in its natural state, makes you think!

So when you think something you buy has 10%, 20% 30% or whatever sugar, not only are you likely to be wrong, you will have NO idea!!!!!!!

Any wonder we have problems, especially when we thought we were well informed??????

I saw a program which said the best sausages are those from a butcher (normally). You need to check with your butcher for meat content and hope he is honest.

I think I have had a couple of meals with sausages since January. One was cooked for me.

I have just set the recording for rip off Britain. I liked that programme. We can rant together!!

Ginette

These are recipes for 300cal 5:2 meals.

There are 50 of them so a good chance you can find something you like. Link below:

http://www.womanmagazine.co.uk/food/slimmer-dinners-meals-under-300-calories/

Ginette

Hi Milena and Ginette..
    Isn’t it amazing what they get away with in packaged food. Misrepresentation and outright lies.
    I do try to eat as close to the original food stuff as possible and therefore end up cooking from scratch. Of course, one cannot make everything and has to rely on pre-packaged stuff. It is very infuriating that we are taken for chumps and are not told the truth. Milena, you have every right to rant.

How is the Fast Beach going with you? Are you finding it particularly difficult?

Today was a fast day for me and I just finished a minestrone soup and a kale and orange salad with tahini sauce walnuts. I had tried it for the first time in Chicago and rather liked it. I am hoping it all rings in for under 500 cals for today.

I hope everyone is alright.. it has been a bit quiet recently.

Hi Salma

Yes it has been quiet. Maybe the hot weather and people are getting out and about more.

I am not finding any problems at the moment and not one square of chocolate has passed my lips.

My only problem is that I am not eating enough calories.

I know exactly now as I have been counting since Monday.

This week

Monday 445 FD
    Tuesday 999
    Wednesday 443 FD
    Thursday 1097

How ridiculous is that. I like to keep my calories to under 1700. I have included everything. Even the watercress I had in a sandwich at lunchtime. I use a cheese triangle instead of butter, it spreads more easily and lower calories. I did try to increase it today, obviously with little success I have got so many vegetables my freezer is chockablock. I have had to tread a steak pie out to fit them in. As I don’t want to waste it I shall have it tomorrow.

I can’t understand why the weight isn’t falling off me. I haven’t had any carbs for dinner apart from vegetables. So it’s about time I had some. I do have a sandwich on NFDs made with granary or wholemeal bread.

I am curious to know what weight loss will be. I know I need to eat more.

Today I gave had a sandwich with ham (2 slices) a tomato and watercress. For a snack about three hours later I had half a gala melon and 2 Brazil nuts. For dinner I had 100gms spicy chicken, bare naked noodles, hoisin and garlic sauce and stir fry vegetables.

For dessert I gad 200 gms of walnut and date yoghurt. I only really wanted 100 but wanted to increase calories. The yoghurt was too sweet so I will have a much smaller amount in the future and won’t by it again.

I am really not sure it is a case of calories in v calories out. It’s got to be more complex.

What are your thoughts on this?

Ginette

Hi Ginette,

I am convinced that it is NOT a simple matter of calories in calories out. It is much more complex than that. You only have to watch other people of the same height and build as you and the same activity level, who eat the same amounts as you (say in a family – as in my case) and who are not as big/fat. I believe that a complex set of chemical reactions are at work within the body that are affected by hormones, genetics, and a myriad of other factors.

I also think that you have to actively push up your calories for one or two days to around 2000 to counter the low cal intake. I remember when I was on the high protein diet, I ate a lot of calories, just not carbs. I lost weight consistently and relatively quickly (this was around 10 years ago, before the wonderful menopause and/or peri-menopause set in). I still think that if you yo-yo your food intake with some high cal days and some low cal days, you will get better results. The trick is to make sure that your intake is a healthy one. Try a big chunk of salmon or a chunky avocado salad with Feta cheese, green onions, sweet peppers, tomatoes, a bit of olive oil and lemon. Truly delicious particularly spread on some whole wheat bread. Also, butter is much better for you (I think) than any type of spreadable cheese, but that’s just me.. plus.. it tastes better.

My two pennies’ worth.

It was a fast day for me today, and it went very well. I now sit with a cup of aniseed tea (supposed to help with sleep and relaxation) and will turn on Paul McKenna “I Can Make You Sleep” app. I sincerely hope it works. It has a “personalized” program.. and tonight is the first ‘hypnosis’ track. I will report on its efficacy in a couple of days.

Good night to all.

Ginette I think you are doing brilliantly but you do worry me with all this needing to increase your calories talk.

The fewer calories in = the greater weight loss.

Maybe you could ditch the cheese triangles, sliced bread and sweet yogurt for better choices. You could make a lovely healthy sandwich using crunchy iceberg lettuce leaves instead of bread. Just an idea.

As I said you are doing brilliantly, your calorie intake this week is low which I am certain will ensure a good loss. Keep it up!

Hi Salma

Weird day yesterday, are nothing, wasn’t particularly hungry, but missed food. Doesn’t make sense does it? No rumbly tummy, but I counted down the hours til I could eat, 8 am for a 36 hour fast. Yet I slept well and it’s now close to nine and I haven’t rushed to the kitchen yet, don’t even feel hungry. I tell you, its weird.

Like you Ginette. I am severely ristricting calories, and like you, without really trying. Partly because I’m eating fast day food on NFDs, but also because the maintenance calories at the weight I want to be is so low. And I think its becoming a habit.

Which is good. I need to create ‘normal’ before I can do normal on NFDs.

My head tells me you are correct, Salma, but I’m still reluctant to eat much. My Sunday roast was a bigger meal day, and I’ll do another today or tomorrow. I’m not weighing for a couple of weeks, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

I could do with a cup of patience though.

Hi Salma, Milena and Applepie

Thanks for your reply. I am eating quite a large quantity of food, but with the amount of vegetable it is low calorie. I really AM not trying to eat that few calories.

Never did I think this would be a problem. Apple pie if I dropped the bread, which I enjoy I would have 230 calories less. This would create more of a problem for me. Also one cheese triangle a day isn’t going to cause a problem. Youghurt gives me calcium I once had a small bone break and was advised this and also the bread is for fibre. I nearly always buy the seeded bread. The nuts too are because they are healthy. I have potatoes about twice a week Sunday and another day.

Salma

I’m not a fan of butter. I haven’t eaten it in years. I used to have salad cream instead.

I haven’t even factored in the exercise I have been doing which is obviously burning calories.

Milena

We we see how we are doing at weigh in. Your calories are restricted more on your two fast days. I don’t really want to lose at 3/4 a week long term. 2 would be ok and I could cope with that. For me 1-2 would be ideal. As I have had two weeks with 1/2 a pound loss each week I don’t mind a big loss this week. My clothes feel looser this week or ………is it just my imagination?

I really don’t want the loose skin problem and you see that a lot of people on gastric bands get this. This seems to come with drastic weight loss. Hence my worries. I also have to come to terms with my size changing and mentally a little at a time is encouraging. Too much is worrying. I know people love to have big weight loss. What a strange problem.

Ginette

Milena I know exactly where you are coming from. I miss food too on liquids only days, but without being hungry. I particularly miss mealtimes. We take a long time over our meals, we sit and chat about this and that, so without mealtimes it is a long day. Well done on restricting your calories! I can’t wait to see how much you have lost when you get weighed.

Onwards and downwards!

Appliepie thanks, really good to have your perspective, somewhere along the line I’ll get a handle on this, but not yet anyway.

Ginette, so right about the weight loss, I’m literally scrubbing myself, dry brushing is strange, and I keep finding fat I didn’t know I had, BIG lumps on the back of my thighs, I only see the front and that dismays me – but I am seeing progress. Lathering myself in any cream I can find, finally started my new Lancome set OH bought me for Christmas, wish I could believe the packaging, but they are gorgeous, even the strange ball for my eyes!

I have noticed that my overhang (ugh!) is definitely reducing rather than looking like a deflated balloon, but early days, and rubbing boobs in cream, but expecting them to become spaniel ears, a lot of weight for a lot of years, though they didn’t droop until well after I finished breast feeding at 41. And pretty bras are so helpful.

So rub away, ladies!!

Hello ladies,

It is so nice to wake up and read all your encouraging news. Well done!
    I can also report a better night’s sleep, Ginette. This guy McKenna seems to do the trick (his voice anyway). I feel rested which I haven’t felt for a long time and this despite falling asleep at 2 am. Yaay! Still early days yet, but it seems hopeful.

Weigh in after fast day: 89 Kgs. So, damage is contained which I am happy about. I have not lost an ounce this month, but it seems I have been able to reverse the damage done while visiting my sons. I am thinking of doing another fast day this week because next week might be a challenge as well. In a way, I almost want the vacation to be over (did I just say that?) so that I can get back to a more predictable routine and begin to see a reduction in the weight and the waistline again.

Milena, does it work? the dry brushing, I mean. I tried it ions ago, but did not have the patience to continue. I know have bumps and lumps everywhere. I find it depressing to look at my thighs in particular. When I am sitting, extensive dimpling (that makes it sound cute, which it most definitely isn’t) gets worse. I wish there were a magic cure. I keep thinking: Madonna is my age .. why can’t I look like that?

I haven’t tried the extended fasting or the liquid regimen. I am not sure I would ever be able to do either, but well done to both of you Milena and Applepie..You are courageous souls indeed.

Have a good one, ladies.

Well done Salma – you certainly did better than me, and we are both on our way now! And you do sound upbeat – I’ve got the McKenna ‘I can make you rich’ book – maybe I should be reading that! Think there is a tape to that one too.

The dry brushing – no idea but it does make your skin lovely – and it takes a bit of effort. It actually brought back memories of a white and green pad? tool? brush? I bought in the eighties for cellulite – don’t ask me why cos I certainly didn’t have any then!

Even Madonna isn’t perfect!

Salma

That’s great news. I must try mine.

Milen

How hard is the brush? I have never seen one.

Ginette

How hard is the brush? Tricky – you can certainly feel the bristles, not as hard a my long kitchen brush, probably like a pan brush with shorter bristles – is that how you spell bristles?.

Not explaining well, mine is round with a handle on the top. You should brush towards the heart. Makes a good job of getting rid of dead skin, and it feels lovely. Im hoping it will help with cellulite and fat – dunno if it will, but at the rate Im moisturising, especially my tummy, Im wondering if my trousers are falling due to weight loss or if its my slippy skin.

Found my starting measurements in a book today, I had started st 46.5/37/47.5. Now Im 43/33/43. A whole foot less of me in these areas. Ive measured a few times but not for a while, and couldnt remember my start weight to compare.

Though if I measured without a bra, it might be different, and if I measured my waist at my belly button it would be huge. And still not half waist to height, but legs are slimming down, and my ankles are no longer swollen. Wonder if the brushing is helping with that. Though it might be due to the kelp and green tea supplements.

Have a brill weekend, first fbd week over on Sunday, then just 5 to go before Pizza Hut and fizz!!!!!

oops, meant my start measurements to compare!

Kelp help me I take one a day. I have never tried Green tea ones before. I shall look into them. Are they meant to remove fluid then?

I measure around belly button as well as that was the biggest part of me. I know I have lost three inches off my waist not such a lot. But more from belly. I shall measure myself at the end of the six weeks to see progress. I again have had problems upping calories. I thought I would make it near my 1700. This is the one I had set.

I ate the pie I took out yesterday, I would have left this until the end of the six weeks but had to make room for vegetables in the freezer. I then had potato wedges with skin and 1/3 tin of baked beans. I had fruit and youghurt this morning (late morning) but I found that I couldn’t eat lunch as I wasn’t hungry. I ended the day at 1089. I ate the carbs with the pie to increase calories. What on earth is happening to me? What calories are you up to on NFD?

Tomorrow I shall also have cheese and ham in my sandwich to increase it.

Weigh in day for me tomorrow. It will be interesting. The only thing that is different on FBD for me is counting calories, cutting treats out and adding HIIT. The strength exercises form part of the other exercises I do.

When do you weigh?

Ginette

I am going out Thursday week to spend my voucher with two friends. Nice company. The restaurant I went to was awful. Something to do with the chef as I’ve never had bad meals there before. My stepmothers fish was raw in the centre and mine was much smaller than hers.

I ordered tge large size and her the standard. They have different coatings so we didn’t get them mixed up. In the other places I have had it the large fish overhangs the plate. This piece was so small that it didn’t fill the middle. The manager wasn’t helpful. Most of the meals on that night were bad. There were about 12 of us. The coffee was tepid and we didn’t bother with dessert.

After sending an email to complain I got the voucher. I will go to a different one this time. I like tgem as they have free salad and bread rolls.

I am sure you are looking forward to Pizza Hut.

The forum has been quiet the last few days.

Ginette

Hi Girls..
    I know! Where has everyone gone?
    Today was a non-fasting day for me, but very reasonable intake despite 2 pieces of Very good Belgian chocolate. I believe that, according to Milena’s rules, these do not count in the calorie intake. Am I right Milena?

By the way, I think your eighties anti-cellulite system was Elancyl or something like that. I bought it too in my thirties and I hardly had any cellulite to speak of then either. In fact, compared with now, I was almost model material (only relatively speaking of course). I used it a few times then got sick of it.

Well done, Milena, on your inches’ loss.. that is really great. It is better than weight loss, and if the moisturizer helps the pants to fall off, so much the better 🙂

Ginette, why not incorporate Kelp in your meals as a salad. As I mentioned in a previous post, it is delicious with a tahini sauce and some walnuts or toasted almonds. Just a thought.

Tomorrow is another day. I am thinking of fasting tomorrow although I have already done my penance for the week, but I am not sure I will be able to get up the will power for it. I have a bit of shopping to do which may pass the time of day pleasantly enough. No, not for swimsuits.. as that is likely to plunge me into the depths of depression. On that thought.. question: Why.. oh why.. do they insist on that horrific lighting in changing rooms near where the swimwear is? Is it designed to make one despair and buy thirty extra layers to cover the offending form? One would have thought that soft lighting and soothing music is more effective in making us think that we would make truly beautiful nymphs on the beach rather than an overinflated balloon. I have not bought a new swimsuit for years and I am NOT starting tomorrow.

Good night one and all..

Viewing 50 posts - 801 through 850 (of 5,077 total)

You must be logged in to reply.