Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,301 through 4,350 (of 16,657 total)

• Poor Wee. Such an intrusion into your private life. Have you tried not being polite? I give them a quick earful and hang up. The number of calls drops as they seem to black ban me.
    I hope it settles down. You have enough on your plate. P xx

Weemam I wish I could just dwell on your issue and problem solve.

Me thinks leave it off the hook for the rest periods.
    Use your pc or mobile alarm with the ringer as the alarm sound to remind to put it back on?
    Best wishes Weemam .

We have vonage in the states and I can control my home phone like an app.

@jojo

Carcinogenic Detox

The John Hopkins study is just one example of a huge body of important research on similar theories. To date, more than 700 studies have examined the link between cruciferous vegetables, sulforaphane, and cancer prevention.

In another such study, 100 individuals were given broccoli sprouts and 100 others were given a placebo. The broccoli sprouts group showed a significant decrease in a biomarker for DNA damage. This decrease strongly suggests enhanced carcinogenic detoxification. Put simply, those who ate the broccoli sprouts were cleansed of cancer-causing substances.

So yes , I’ll be careful , but not avoid the doable.

Wee,

Another approach, if you haven’t got it in you to do as P suggests, is actually to keep them on the phone. Chat away aimlessly, ask them about themselves, give them random answers to their questions, lie or make stuff up. Time is money. If you can waste their time and they don’t get the result they want then they might not bother again…

Hi Wee,
    I have been getting annoying marketing calls in the name of Talk Talk, I got cross several times but they continued to call. Last call a few days ago I told the man that this is a rental property and landlord is out of the country, no more calls. Might work for you. Good Luck!

Thanks SAMM, I know that you know what you are doing. I the uk we eat Brussels sprouts at Christmas, often with cooked walnuts, I know weird but true. But the do give you foul smelling wind( sorry but true). I quite like them though, just a few anyway.

Must go to bed now, it’s 1.15 am, silly me

I hope they stop calling you wee, nothing worse, although perhaps having a whistle near the phone and if them use it if they call.

I look forward to Christmas for the fact that Brussel Sprouts are available again after not being able to get them (fresh ones that is) for more than a month. I can get some now but they’re very expensive so I only get a few at a time (more than $15 per kg loose not packed). I don’t like pre-packaged sprouts as tried them once and had half of them not very nice underneath where you can’t see.

Hope you had/have a great sleep those of you from the NH. A wet but warm day here today, not a great fan of humidity but at least it’s only about 26oC so not too bad.

Hugs to all both north, south, east and west I so enjoy spending time with you all each day while I, albeit slowly, fade away, 😆

Jojo I think the brocolli sprouts that SAMM is referring to are more like alfalfa sprouts and different to Brussels sprouts (of the foul wind variety that one needs to blame on the dog.) I am not sure if they can be bought in Aus, they sound interesting.

I think your weather is heading here AO, very warm and humid and looks very much like rain, hope so.

Fasting today and needing a miso soup to prop me up, better keep busy.

Cheers.

Yes broccoli sprouts
    more of a health food store item

Can’t stand brussel sprouts. They remind me of my mum’s terrible cooking. ..I can still smell them. 🙁
    The heat here today has meant a day in the pool and a lovely evening. Bliss. Micro fast today, bought some great vegan food at the market that wouldn’t keep 😉 Still well below 500 cal. P

Hi All, sorry for the misunderstanding, I don’t think we have broccoli sprouts here then just broccoli or Brussels sprouts. We have other sprouting veg such as alfalfa which is supposed to be very healthy.
    Miserable day here, off to play bowls, indoor. Have fun all

Hi all, I just googled broccoli sprouts and they are like alfalfa. However I linked to an American u tube video which was fascinating . It talked about nutrition and possible links to autism. It strongly advocates not eating whole grains and explains why. Definitely worth a look. Sorry I don’t know how to do links, I promise I will learn. I am going to stop eating oats, don’t eat gluten or wheat, rye anyway, for one month see if it helps my digestion

Hi Jojo
    This is why OH is experimenting with fermented foods. I guess sprouting is in a similar vain. We are now drinking kefir, eating apple sauerkraut at most meals and upping the quantity of good plain yoghurt.
    We have started fermenting carrot, ginger and orange too. Will try it next week. P

Purple there was an interesting article on fermenting in Organic Gardening mag a few months back..a guy running classes on how to do it at home, but sounds like you already know what you are doing. My digestion heaps better lately, can bend over gardening without heartburn! Not sure if it’s the weight lost so far, or that I started having regular (with meals) Apple cider vinegar a few months back. And you need to try brussel sprouts again, our mums overcooked them! They have to be really nice ones though, steam them then toss in a bit of butter and black pepper, yum. When my boys were little they said they would run away if I gave them brussel sprouts again, they still don’t like them.

Thanks Nama. I’ll try to find the article. ..or win it on the ABC ;)..we actually know very little about the process. All trial and error. P

Hi All,
    Ok so I threw out my porrige oats, only a couple of servings left, hope the birds enjoy them. This has been my main stay breakfast for the past year so it’s a big decision. I had two boiled eggs today but will need to think what I can do on other days or I will get egg bound. I gave the dogs the rest of my open packet of bread sticks. This will be an interesting experiment. Thank goodness I can stick with my usual vegetable soup for lunch and probably prawn stir fry for dinner. I hope I don’t need to cut anything else out to get a healthy diet. Now I will pop along to the health food store and look at sprouting veg. I don’t think I will start growing anything till the new year as much research is probably necessary. Not a lover of bean sprouts but I guess I can learnt to like them.
    As you can see I was mightily impressed with my American friends arguements to ban whole grains. He talked about how the lower intestine can only break down single nutrient cells to immerse them into the blood stream not the chains that are the result of whole grain products. If this information is true then the whole population are being misled by government health departments – very worrying. He said that every serious illness can be put down to a mineral deficiency in the body. He also stated that autism in children is a direct result of lack of minerals ingested to feed babies during pregnancy. There is no doubt that something is causing the increase in people needing drugs to deal with brain chemistry dis fictions. He discusses today’s farming techniques and the use of pesticides which gives us nutrient deficient foods and meat producing animals also feed on these crops thereby their own levels are deficient e.g. Calcium levels in milk less strong. I hope Michael Moseley looks into this matter, he will get to the bottom of it. He won’t be silenced by the food manufacturers pushing sugar and carbohydrates as being healthy in a balanced diet.

What do you think guys, be honest. I know we all love bread and ceareal but is it really healthy?

Jojo xx

Jojo I saw an article that said the problems with wheat started when “they” changed the type of wheat grown for mass production to a type that gives much higher yield per acre…”they” were worried about producing enough for the masses. Sorry can’t remember details but it was all to do with our ability to digest it plus the way the carbs in it reacted in our gut.

Also there was a great doco here recently on the importance of healthy gut bacteria. Apparently if your diet is healthy with minimal processed foods then your gut bacteria are goodies and keep you healthy, likewize if you live on junk you have baddies in your gut. This program made link with healthy guts and allergies and conditions such as autism….obviously lots of research needed!

Not sure if I can give up my morning home made muesli ….. And love porridge in winter! I guess we are all different though and I admire you for trying another route. At least with all the gluten free options these days you should be able to find lots of wheat free products. I have been thinking about the cauliflower pizza base in the 5:2 recipe book, looks yum. Maybe eggs are the simplest for your breakfast, perhaps with some fruit or veg added they won’t be so constipating! Or maybe you could incorporate some flax meal somehow, that will sort you out! Good luck!

Purple the fermenting article was in the September edition, $7.50 on line from the ABC shop, in case you can’t manage to win it! Are you one of the clever people that phone Tony Delroy late at night and answer all those hard quizz questions?

Jojo I only have an occasional slice of bread (wholemeal) and other than one or two bowls of porridge a year I don’t (and didn’t) have many other grains. I’ve never been a cereal person as I always felt either stodgy or hungry after eating them. I do admit that I used to eat a lot of bread particularly fresh baked crusty still warm bread with lots of real butter but no more.

Not sure re meat as here we’ve still got lots of large paddocks that our cattle and sheep graze in.

We grow some of our own veggies but don’t use any fertilisers after plantinf or any pesticides at all just water and weed around the plants.

If having eggs try a soft egg on some cooked chopped spinach. Some people think it sounds horrible but it’s really tasty and low calorie. I am more inclined to have it for lunch rather than breakfast but then again I don’t usually have breakfast as I’m not hungry then.

Good morning all and thanks for some good tips re phone calls . Talk Talk have been really good and have spent so much time trying to help . I have a note by the phone of the numbers and this morning I took my number off the electoral roll . I have decided to to let it get to me any more 🙂 🙂 ? if these silly men phone again I am ready for them

Just phoned Dads place and he is up and singing so going to visit him and take him out THAT always brightens my Day

I have not ruled out too much on my WOL except potatoes and sweets sugary things . I feel at my age as I don’t smoke or drink that I need to eat things I like 🙂 . I do try to keep low carb on my FD . Some days on the ” normal days ” when I have ice cream the carbs are pretty high but that is only now and again .

I am quite happy to dodge along like this as my WOL forever .
    I just realized that I am only 8 pounds off what I got down to 5 years ago so if I loose another stone I will be lighter than I have been in about 25 years SOOOOO my friends that will do me .

I will still be well over “the norm ” as they say BUT I will be over the moon with that . Maybe 3 or 4 pounds below so I can have a few pounds to play with . I NEVER thought I was ever going to be able to say that .
    Thank you all for being here BECAUSE without all of you this never would have happened

WEE xx

I welcome any suggestions how to lose 2 lbs/week. My exercise is restricted until the end of January, but I am doing isometrics and light weights. I have some disabilities which restrict me on exercise, but I love to exercise and will return to it in January. Until than what are the recommendations to lose 20 pounds by January, 2015. I feel that is a reasonable goal. Once I return to exercise I need to lose 20 more pounds. Thank you for listening.

Hi:

The way to lose 2 pounds a week is to cut 7000 calories per week out of your weekly TDEE. You have a better chance at the start because your TDEE is at its highest and you will lose some water weight that comes off quickly but does not repeat. That means you might lose 4 or5 pounds a week for a week or two, but then your weight loss will drop off to much less than that as you have to lose fat instead of water. Exercise will not help much with your weight loss.

This post will explain TDEE: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/

Good Luck!

While agree with simcoeluv.
    I personally 1 1/4 lb of calorie restriction
    and 3/4lb of exercise.

I do this by going 4:3 with bulk of the exersice on feed days. Approx 2,000 calories of exercise over a weeks time.

Welcome Karenann,
    I know how you feel because I had 18 months restricted exercise which was very tough as I like to be active. If you can walk, do an hour per day, if not cycle your legs whilst in a chair. Arm raising also helps especially if you can lift some weights, maybe starting with some cans of food. I started lifting tins of tomatoes and now swing a 20 lb kettle bell.
    I have only succeeded at losing 2 lb per week when I changed my diet to low carb, no meat, switching to fish. More calories to play with if you avoid sugary foods. Try lots of spicy soup, green tea, fruit and veg.
    Finally count calories in myfitnesspal, do not exceed 1200 on non fast days.
    Enjoy
    Jojo

Now over 4.5 stones off in the last year, fasting since January.

Good evening/morning all

Oh Wee how horrid. It galls me that our contact details are sold on to these marketing companies, even when we are ex-directory. Cold calling should be made illegal. We get a lot of them, though not at the awful times you have.

OH now has a standard spiel – they always ask “how are you today?” and he replies “oh I’m so glad you asked, my piles are playing up something terrible, and the gout is back, and don’t even get me started on my arthritic elbows….”. He usually finds he ends up talking to himself!

Samm – had a laugh at your full moon experience! One of the advantages us ladies have is that we have hips! At the rate many of us are losing, we could well have the same problem otherwise. Like Jojo, I had to make another hole in my belt recently, though fortunately it stayed intact. Poor Jojo – thank goodness for a friendly butcher!

Amazon, you are absolutely right. After years if calorie-watching, if what goes into our mouths isn’t healthy and low calorie, we do automatically expect it to put on weight. Hope your back stands up to your long flight.

Hi Tartanlass, great to hear from you again. 26lbs is a fantastic achievement. How good you must feel.

Like Amazon, I’ve had the ” I hope you’re not going to lose much more…” comments – and it’s very telling that it is usually from people more overweight than us. Either that, or negative comments about this WOE, which basically boils down to an excuse for not trying. I usually say “well, this way of eating has got to be healthier than all the rubbish I used to put into my body”. That usually shuts them up. Generally though, I’ve had lots of lovely compliments and positive remarks.

Hi karenann – you’ve come to the right place for support and encouragement. Have you read the 5.2 Diet book? Well worth it, as it explains the science behind this way of eating. It’s frustrating not to be able to exercise, and much depends upon the type of exercise you were doing as to whether it makes a significant contribution to your weight loss. Any exercise is good exercise, and will tone you up, but unless it involves burning up a lot of calories such as running, swimming, or Samm’s skipping, it won’t make a great deal of difference. Good luck!

Hope everyone fasting has had a good day. It has been a boiled egg for me, with Bovril at lunch time. Now off to have salmon and salad. Not quite the thing for a chilly evening, but a spicy tomato juice has warmed me up.

Smiffy x

Hi all, weigh in day today … grand total of 100g gone which was better than expected. I haven’t focussed properly this week and I guess after 2 and a bit months my body needed a short change. The fact that I still lost even a little bit shows I’m making better choices regarding intake and quantity and with a concerted effort it will keep coming off. I have the next two weekends where I’ll be limited in choices for a few days but will maintain my control over portion size plus do full FD’s at least twice, possibly three times, per week to counteract this.

Hoping all are well, I haven’t checked in since I was up at 3 this morning (I went back to bed around 4).

Edited to say total loss of 9.7kg now 😀

Cheers all Smiley

40lbs is a great goal to lose.

thing is its reasonable that if youre a super athlete and mad active. If your calorie intake is more than than the activity. Youll gain fat.

So its the calorie counting and restriction that makes the 5:2 work .. most of the fat loss will happen from the 500 calorie days.

I know I made some big goals. . To lose 100 lbs

when I started 5:2 I just wanted to try and know if it works. It was humbling to take the slow approach as I was unable to deal my injuries. I would love to starve for a week maybe two. And it all be gone.
    Ive tried it I lost 50 . But returned to same habits and routines gained it all back and gave trying for 14 years.

this intermittent fadting thing though?
    I gave a real try!
    61 lbs later I know it does work.

but also I can live with it. Sure im hungry 2-3 days butnever ever feel starved . I still eat the bad habit foods when out with others . But when its just me myself and I . I eat my 600 calories

Mobile poor rough draft sorry.

Wether I lose it fast or slow. . I know im going to lose it all. I just keep on keepin on.

Thanks Nama. I’ll buy it online. I don’t ring the late night show (Delroy) but I’ve won lots of things on daytime ABC radio.

Samm, 5:2 does work, doesn’t it? I have lost similar to you…64 pounds. (I calculated from kgs). I really find satuation is the key to maintaining. If food is really tasty, no matter how low cal it is, it satisfies, sustains and quells hunger. White carbs, for example, don’t do this long term, so I no longer have any interest eating them.
    Have a good evening at work Samm. Sleep well UK folk. Happy TGIF Aussies and Wiwi. P

Yea cause we cant stay hungry forever.
    But few hours a week is doable longterm.

Sure. In fact Samm, I really enjoy that fresh feeling of not having eaten for hours. P

Hi all.

Like you Aussie Oma I have only lost 100g this week but don’t have your excuse! Actually I think after fasting 3 days previous week and losing well, things just consolidate, that’s my excuse anyway!

But yes, SAMM and Purple and everyone else, this IS so doable! And I KNOW I can stick at it, am one third of the way to losing my 20-25kgs and it has been painless. Of course it takes discipline and planning, but all meals used to be planned anyway! Maybe it was one of SAMMs earlier quotes, but read somewhere: “Dieting is hard; Being fat is hard; Choose your hard!” That has become my mantra.

Purple I am disappointed, I thought you might have been one of those clever people I listen to on the late night radio quiz! Tony even has people from OS ring some nights.

Happy Friday all x

Hi All,
    Last minute meal out followed by a very late night, just off to bed.

Many compliments tonight on ‘dressed up’ me including red leather jacket I bought on holiday. It’s such fun to dress up and look so good. I was sitting opposite an enormous woman, I really wanted to go over and tell her about 5:2 but of course didn’t. She could barely get through the door when she left, so sad.

Broke fast tonight but had a delicious meal which I won’t tell you about because it will make your mouth water. I even had a glass of red wine, madness.

Speak tomorrow

Jojo

Hi everyone, such a lot of lovely posts. Have been reading but this is the first opportunity to check in.

Wee, SAMM, Jojo, Purple and others – totally agree about this WOL. My loss is slow but I WILL get there to a healthier thinner me and because I don’t feel deprived, not even on FDs, this is my life forever.

Second FD for the week after Tuesday’s bomb out. Just after 4pm with nothing except black tea and water since usual porridge for breakfast. Not prepared to eliminate any food group I like but cheer those who make that decision. Like AO my eating habits have changed and the longer I take to get to goal, the good habits become embedded more firmly. After all, I took 18 years to gradually acquire this extra baggage so an estimated less than three years to get if off in such a painless way is nothing.

My PT at weight training asked if I was still losing weight on Wednesday. The ‘received wisdom’ as you all know is not really accepting of IF but he is very interested in my progress with an open mind. He is an exercise physiologist and we often have quite deep conversations on biochemistry and human physiology. He was particularly interested in the apparent loss of visceral fat and how it is apparently so sustainable a lifestyle.

Happy Friday all and keep up the good work. You are all the reason for my success with your positive attitudes and encouragement.

Well done on the promoting of the cause to your PT, Nicky. You are dead right about the changes to our eating habits becoming ingrained. I guess if I had lost the weight in a short time (impossible), I would not have gone through this gastronomic journey.
    Lunch out with a friend today. We both chose vegetarian salads as they read well. A glass of wine and a black coffee. All good. We’ve had close to 40 deg today and not much respite until Monday, I believe. Wish it would rain.
    Enjoy the rest of your fast Nicky and have a good weekend. Your body will love you 😉 P

Thanks P. We had a mild day yesterday with 12mm rain so hope you get some relief soon.

Good morning All,

I have just woken up after a very late and disturbed night (same old hip pain)but all is well with the world this morning.

“Giving up food groups and sacrificing” let’s think about this?

Giving up is how I would have described this change in the past. However now I see it in a totally different way. My weight loss journey is an educational experience. If I discover a food group is physically harming my body I want to remove it from being part of my regular routine. If it also helps me lose weight that my friends is a bonus. It’s not all about how quickly I lose weight although it does help motivation to lose something weekly and I do have an impatient nature. It’s more to do with not deliberately hampering my weightloss efforts.

As I have said, each persons journey should be ‘individual and doable’ for themselves and we are supportive and sharing knowledge with respect for taste and choice.

In my journey I want to make changes that will make my body an efficient fuel burning machine( which it still is not) I will do this by experimentation with food groups. Most importantly I will enjoy my life and love myself, accept my failures and celebrate my successes. Last night a friend who I hadn’t seen since April said I looked incredible, ten years younger. I smiled and said thanks, I feel it too, and I really do.

It’s my daughters graduation tomorrow, I won’t need to be ashamed of the joint photograph this time. At the same time I will get my own graduation picture done as she graduates from the same university, I wil borrow the gown and be proud and confident. One of the reasons I didn’t attend my own graduation was because I was not happy about my appearance or happy with my life, but wasn’t strong enough to do anything about it at the time and I had other ‘caring’ priorities. It’s ‘ me’ time now, it’s only taken 40 years to find some.

Together we are strong, let’s tear down the barriers and mis information that is in the world about what foods really are healthy, let’s help the next generation in a positive way.

Time for yoga, have a great day everyone.

Go Jojo!! !! 😉
    Enjoy the graduations tomorrow. You can be doubly proud!
    Off to bed. ..over to the UK shift. Night all P

Im glad I joined you on t his me time journey. 🙂

Hi Jojo

I just posted on the Maintainers, that I have completely changed my coffee habits by choice this year. I used to drink lattes and was “never going to give them up”. However, I gradually reduced the amount of milk in my coffee, and gradually lost the taste for milk. Now, my coffee of choice is a long black, and today in the heat, I had an iced black coffee. Yummy! 😆

So, a long winded way of saying that tastes change and I don’t feel I’ve given up any valued foodstuff over the 10 months. I have added lots of flavours to food, chili and mint and parsley from my garden, lime, cold pressed quality olive oil, chili flakes and lemons ( also from my garden ) with new dishes. Thanks for all the suggestions this year. You’re a great bunch of people. 😉

Congrats to all the big losers of 2014. May you enjoy the health benefits. 🙂 cheers, Bay

Well done, Jojo, have a great time at the graduation ceremony.

Hi SAMM, I’m glad I joined you and Jojo and Purple and others on this thread on this journey. 😆

In bed. Listening to the cricket on the radio (South Africa v Australia). Signing off now. Have a good day.
    Cheers, Bay 🙂

Bayleafoz,
    You are my kind of girl

Feeling really zen after yoga

Now get my packing sorted for Ireland

I must now share that I have traced my husbands family tree to the sister of Julius ceasar, who would have thought it? Crazy

Morning all from down under 😀

I’ve been thinking about this WOL and how easy I find it most of the time. I made a choice to not follow for a few days during social times but stuck with it on the other days and I think this is why although not a large loss there was still either a loss or no gain at least.

During the past two weeks I’ve had two cans of coke (375ml) and I haven’t worried about it but I also didn’t really enjoy them like I would have before. If I start to feel “deprived” by not having something that I really used to like (often I don’t like it when I try it again) then I let myself have a little of it that way I no longer feel “deprived”. As I said also most of the time I don’t enjoy it like I thought I would and so I don’t think about it any more.

We have lots of thunder, lightening and rain around today. It’s been going on since the wee small hours. In this house we have a metal roof and the rain wakes me up if it’s heavier than a slight drizzle. This is the first time we’ve not had a tiled roof and I don’t like it. It’s over four years now and every time it rains I have the same problem, although I will admit I can at least go back to sleep once my mind has registered that the noise is rain as earlier in the piece I would be awake until the rain stopped (which sometimes during winter it doesn’t!).

The lightening is quite close by now, almost overhead so I’ll sign off for now … happy fasting/non-fasting day to you all … onward and downward to you all Smiley

Jojo after reading your posts about your meal out ( with compliments ) plus your feelings about your graduation, I just want to say how happy I am for you. I am still a newbie to this diet and this forum, but I really want to express how impressed I am by the openness of everyone here around all of your successes and failures and especially by the so bviously genuine warmth you all share. This forum has helped me so much, not just with the countless practical tips and knowledge around food and the encouragement of seeing all your achievements, but by witnessing the humility of you all as you chase your dreams.

Have fun in Ireland, say hi to my ancestors!
    Hi to everyone else and “aveagreatweekend”!

The rain has come to the hills now and the thunder is rumbling in the background…. was thinking this is the weather I remember from years gone past in December…. maybe a hot Christmas if we are experiencing January weather in December!!
    Progress very very slow…. but I will continue…I have to edit reports and write a lot of my own this week-end… will have a supply of carrots to munch on as it is very tempting to snack mindlessly whilst sitting at the computer doing reports…. Intention this week is to write up what I actually eat on NFD. Off to the fruit and vege market !!!

Hello All,
    Just signing in before bed.
    It has been a quiet day, very peaceful. I have been giving some thought to changing tastes. It is true that some foods are no longer desirable and some tastes heightened. I simply can’t eat very salty food. On the other hand I now quite like white wine, I didn’t before – most odd.
    I could not even contemplate going back to my former eating patterns. Far too many complex carbs, pastry and bread mainly, I must have been giving my digestive system hell.
    I had accepted that it is normal to wake up every morning with a stomach ache. It was ignorance of both nutrition and how the human body deals with food. I think we all owe it to ourselves to learn more about the bodies processing of foods.
    Some of you may not know that I suggested a friend give up sugar, she has had very bad irritable bowel for over twenty years – as a result she is now almost symptom free. It’s crazy – no Doctor has ever asked her to take sugar out of her diet. She gave up dairy, meat, carbs, coffee at different times, nothing worked except giving up sugar.

There is just so much we don’t know.
    Weigh in for me tomorrow, I am hopeful of a 2 lb loss this week.

Goodnight cyber pals

Jojo xx

Good morning all my fast tracking mates

Emel and AO, also been raining with thunder here since earlier this morning (now about 11am) with 4mm in our gauge. AO I love the sound of rain on the iron roof – so soporific for me. I relax when I think of diminished bushfire risk (at this time of the year), the roof being washed, the garden being watered and the tanks being topped up.

Jojo, yet another thoughtful and insightful post. Do hope you enjoy(ed) your daughter’s graduation and then getting your own new body photographed in the grad clobber. Even though we all have rich lives of our own, we still take such a vicarious pride in our offsprings’ achievements. Also echo Bay’s comment – so glad I joined you all. What a mob of supporters!

Planned to be outside gardening this morning but not THAT dedicated. Instead am chasing paperwork for the tax returns (to 30 June 2014) 🙁 Will feel very smug when it’s done as it’s usually a job for the January holidays.

Yesterday’s fast went very well, ending with 2 fillets of whiting (100g) layered with slices of sushi ginger before microwaving. Yummy and only 150C including heap of salad veg; total for the day of 380C.

Haven’t heard from Hermaj or RT for awhile – hope all is OK with you guys.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Hi Nicky yes all good here thanks I had my sons graduation dinner and presentation in the town hall Thursday and a farewell and a meeting at Regency Park yesterday had a sleep over in town and home today.There are 5 posts of mine over the page on pg86… 😎
    May the force be with us
    RT

I love the sound of rain on roof. Rocks me to sleep. 😉

Good morning all,
    2 lb off today, great start to my daughters graduation day and my holiday tomorrow.

Happy feed day all

Jojo xx

Ps where are you Hermaj, still on for York?

Semi fast day today … 700 calories and lots of water/black unsweetened coffee but mainly water.

Not hungry just thinking I might be and have some water, hunger gone again. Shows I’ve not been concentrating on things enough and have slipped a little. Back focussing again now so will expect better results this coming Friday.

RT glad you’re home save and sound.

Jojo glad you’re having fun and getting ready for journeys. Can’t be long until York now for those going. I’ll be there in spirit with you 😆 😉

Viewing 50 posts - 4,301 through 4,350 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.