Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,601 through 3,650 (of 16,657 total)

• A few years back I used a courgette cake recipe that unbeknown to me, had a misprint specifying 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of nutmeg. As it was for two cakes I thought it must be right. My staff all loved it and scoffed the lot, but the next time I used 1 and 1/2 teaspoons and it was much nicer ๐Ÿ˜†

I have an interesting and varied collection of courgette recipes, used to combat the glut when I had an allotment.

Hi Hermaj

My neighbours in France are great, the difference between me and a French person from the next region is nothing. Tous des รฉtrangers.

I had to show I could drive on snow, and grow potatoes to be accepted.

Lots of food for thought on the thread today.
    Tomorrow I eat again and in Rome!
    Ciao

Hi fast trackers well its been raining most of the night here and yesterday was 35deg abit higher than forecast and its still raining this morning with a top of 18deg for today bugger !! 6 weeks ago that would have been a ‘thank you lord’ moment now I don’t have to mow the lawns or go on that bloody walk ๐Ÿ˜ฏ what a difference 6 weeks makes.I am happy I have found my 1kg hand weights and my mini trampoline so 1 hour of jiggle time done and dusted also I have shed a further 1.5kg and very chuffed even if I do say so my self..Cue
    Tom Cruise floor slide in white socks and underpants from the movie Risky Business ๐Ÿ˜† please bare with me friends I offer you up my brag book FYI

22/9/14 Start 96.0 kg
    Week 1 – 2.3kg = 93.7 kg
    Week 2 – 1.1kg = 92.6 kg
    Week 3 – 1.3kg = 91.3 kg
    Week 4 -1.8kg = 89.5 kg
    Week 5 – .08kg = 88.7 kg
    Week 6 – 1.5kg = 87.2 kg

Have a great weekend All
    Enjoy what you do and Do what you enjoy

Peace
    RT (Made in Australia)

Good morning everyone (or evening for those “up top”). Well it’s a blustery overcast type of day today (so far) and it’s going to be (relatively) cold at only 19C, brrrrrrr, particularly after 30+C yesterday.

Had a lovely meal last night at dinner (could only eat half the protein and 3 chips) where I had my icecream (this is my weekly “treat”). After the meal we went down to this market which was being touted as a great thing … disappointment plus. There were lots and lots of people (most of whom couldn’t park properly taking 1 1/2 spaces) most of it was more trash than treasure and 98% of the people were there with kids and it appeared they were there just to get the freebies.

Thank you for the lovely recipe … a bit more convoluted than mine, but I must admit I “put a bit of this and a drop or two of that” in mine as it has to be adjusted each time to get the flavours right and of course adjusting for the quantity being made too.

Regarding the children taken from UK to Aus during that same sort of era, perhaps the same time or earlier, we had the “Stolen Generation” of Aboriginal children taken away from their families and communities and a movie was also made about this I believe and there’s been a lot of “fall out” from this over the years.

Another Non-FD for me today, however I’m expecting to be eating out again tonight so will be very careful for the remainder of the day. I’m out again this morning for a little while and from about 3pm until late this arvo. Tomorrow is, thankfully, a day at home.

Catch up with you all later … RT Peace man, peace ๐Ÿ™‚

Just saw this and thought I’d put it in here:

I just burned 1200 calories … I forgot the pizza in the oven

Thanks Amazon for the burnt pizza story. It’s good to laugh.
    Wow Rogue Trader.
    Spectacular loss!!

RT, take a bow, you are doing really well ๐Ÿ˜›

I am looking forward to 2 non fasting days over the weekend, as I’ve managed to do 2 B2Bs this week, M/Tu and Th/F, and I only ate just over my BMR calories on W.

AO, it’s really disappointing when you go to a market hoping for something good and there is nothing but tat, but at least you still have the dollars in your purse ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a good weekend everyone.

Hi Aussie Oma,

The film about the Aboriginal children is called “Rabbit-proof Fence”. Another example of people perhaps meaning well (or perhaps not?) and doing untold damage to kids who had no say in the matter. I have it here on DVD, must watch it again.

Tangatawiwi, you seem to have been totally accepted by your neighbours, especially having passed the driving on snow and potato-growing test.

I wish I could say the same about the Swiss, although I found the French-speaking Swiss far more sympathetic, possibly because I speak the language. Some German Swiss, whose language is a very different version of Hochdeutsch, i.e. the German of Germany, are even rude and dismissive to Germans and Austrians. So with some, speaking half-decent German got you nowhere.

The Swiss people I did get on well with were the ones who had travelled. In fact, I have a couple of Swiss colleagues who have been in the UK for a long time. One in particular is a delight. He’s helped me out on numerous occasions including one day translating into English a poem by Heinrich Heine which was so beautifully done it made me cry. He is also hilarious about the less appealing aspects of his compatriots. Some of them, he says, “need therapy”.

For Goodness Sake! Post famine to feast…. So I’m on my phone and can’t deal with everything at once. Also, by the time I see them the conversations have been and gone. Sorry….

Bay, interesting point about reasons people might not comment. A neighbour of Dad’s, who’s known me for 30 years (but never this slim!), asked him recently if I was OK. She sees me once every few months only, so for her my weight loss will appear instant and dramatic.

Hermaj,

I am prepared, for you, to say that all small boys are best avoided but every now and again one comes along who is not best avoided?

Squash chips. Yep, roasted squash is a fine thing (although OH says it’s too sweet…)

Ha! AO, 19 degrees is a perfectly respectable summer temperature in northern England! No ‘brrr’ about it. That’s t-shirt and shorts weather for us ๐Ÿ™‚

Hmm, TV heaven, Matthew McConaughey and Micky Flanagan on the same sofa! (sorry SHs, it’s UK tv…)

Hi Happy,

On mature reflection I think you are right about small boys. If 11- & 12-year-olds count as small boys, some of those I had the misfortune to attempt to teach were psychopaths. And I remember, when doing the PGCE, observing classes of 7-year-olds who were definitely trainee psychopaths. What terrifies me is that most of these nutters will now have kids of their own.

I see you are a fan of Micky Flanagan. Me too.

Happy so glad you like the cold weather, lol ๐Ÿ˜€ (just kidding ๐Ÿ˜† ), me I prefer the hot sunshine like yesterday (apparently we got to 37C here just a little north of Adelaide but as I was inside working most of the day I only got out when it was around 33C) to me that is maybe a tad warm if out in the sun all day. I must admit though when in the UK in ’92 because of the humidity I was able to take my jacket off around 22C ๐Ÿ˜€

Regarding small boys … we have 2 grandsons, one of whom is a “social butterfly” and is generally welcomed wherever he goes the other, younger, one is very particular about who he will spend time with and when he was much younger if he didn’t want to spend time with you he was an obnoxious little so and so although as he’s getting older he is becoming more socially aware and conforms at least not destructively (until recently I had a hard time getting close to him but now he realises he can talk with me about anything he want, including science, he has improved a lot). All the grandies spend time on their iPods/iPads etc and the eldest and youngest (boy and girl) spend the least time on these items and more time spent physically playing or in the eldest ones case reading (youngest, girl, is not at school yet).

I should probably qualify my small boy comments. I like them but I couldn’t eat a whole one… ๐Ÿ™‚

As you may have surmised, I’m not a parent. I do like the children of my friends and family.

But the 4 o’clock ‘school’ train home is truly terrifying. The girls are unchanged from their morning selves, but the boys (11 – 14 I guess)…! They are feral, with a mob mentality, breaking and throwing stuff, randomly fighting, and it would be doing a disservice to monkeys or apes to attempt to make any comparison…! Neanderthal might be closer…. ๐Ÿ™‚

Agree Happy, en masse they are, or can be, horrendous little souls ๐Ÿ˜€

Happy apart from the mob mentality that most males display at any age (sorry guys), give me small boys over small girls any day! Perhaps because I grew up an only girl with three brothers, and now have a husband and two sons, I might be biased! What you see is what you get with boys… Noisy yes, rough yes, but at least they don’t squeal like little girls and have no idea how to be spiteful like bigger ones! I would have loved a daughter but wasn’t to be, so I console myself with my prejudices. Fortunately both girls have lovely partners now (one Polish and one Vietnamese), so eventually got my ‘girl fix’!
    Congrats RT! That’s an amazing loss in such a short time!
    Back to winter in Meb, rain and wind and only 17, but apparently it’s going to be 29 for the Cup on Tuesday. All those gorgeous girls in their minis and 10in heels won’t freeze to death.

Hi everyone, finally caught up with the backlog of posting.

Did someone say it had been quiet? Every time I logged on with the intention of reading then saying ‘hello’ I was interrupted and the next time I logged in there were even more to read!

Belatedly Jojo, sympathy at the loss of your bowling friend – as others suggested, hope you and fellow travellers were able to raise a glass to her memory.

Well done on all the losses everyone. Lots of talk of soup which would have to be one of may favourite foods. Always have in the freezer and eat whenever the weather is suitable.

As Aussie Oma and Rouge Trader said, cold today following 35oC yesterday and fire ban. Tomorrow running Fern Propagation Masterclass at Mt Lofty Bot Gdn. Because of stage fright and general nervousness I was hoping it would be too hot (cancelled if a fire ban) or wouldn’t get enough people for the cost break-even point but no escaping!

Thanks for health good wishes, cold almost gone now, slept through last night without being woken by coughing – OH happy too ๐Ÿ˜‰

Another interruption looming so will sign off.

Keep up the good work all.

Whoops, meant to say “both sons have lovely partners now”!

Morning/evening all.

I’ve reported the spam.

Another 1lb has gone. I knew it would be gone the 4th time I got up in the night ๐Ÿ˜†

Bacon sarnie and roast chicken with an avocado salad on today’s menu along with a glass or two of red ๐Ÿ˜‰

Grey and windy but mild this morning, and such a mess outside, dead fireworks, the remains of silly string and other Halloween paraphernalia, sweet wrappers and fallen leaves blowing about. It has just started raining so I won’t be walking any time soon ๐Ÿ™
    I’m sitting on the sofa dressed in my exercise gear with not the slightest inclination to lift anything heavier than my mug of tea but I know I must get moving or I won’t do anything. Can I count this mountain of ironing as exercise…………….

SH having similar erratic weather and temperature fluctuations as the UK. Apparently we are in for the coldest winter in 20 years. That suits me fine because it means that it won’t be wet and miserable, and there is more chance of lovely cold sunny mornings when I can wrap up warm and go out for a nice walk.

Have a good day/evening ๐Ÿ˜›

My daughter and I went trick or treating. My wife stayed home. I had sprained my ankle, so just drop her off in from of houses with halloween lights on porches . Easy to spot in the night , it started to snow. So I took her to the candy store and told her to fill her bag up!
    She was astonished! Another priceless memory I’ll never forget. My kid in the candy store as happy as I’ve ever seen.
    I tell you it wasn’t as tough as I thought it would be. I’m smack down in middle of a B2B days. I guess since I don’t eat the candy ,but seldomly. I don’t see it as food any longer. My wife had trouble with the kids as she was not well enough to get to the door quickly and some teens banged on the door hard enough that opened. They came into the house . After calling 911 she said she cocked our gun and warned them not to come into her room. And that she will shoot them. Sighs
    I guess I’ll be fixing that door when I get out bed huh? Boys they sure can make poor decisions , nothing was taken , but our pumpkin got smashed.
    I put the lazy boy recliner just about the door and have stayed there all night. She came out and covered me up about 3am.

I looked at all the candy and was astonished, because it wasso cold it was snowing , I guess my daughter got some people to dump their candy bowls into her bag, cause it was enough that I was curious to weigh it all . She got 14lbs of candy! Yes 14lbs! Not including what bought at the candy store!
    I looked in to check on her , She’s in a candy coma , with wrappers everywhere,, Our poor black kitty cat , she must of gotten bored as found braided wrappers made into a collar for the cat. Things children do!

So the season has changed into cold cold nights once again. I used too dread it. But now I’ve found it’s great for jumping rope, as I don’t too hot jumping rope in the cold. I also move my weights out side for the same reasons . instead of cutting grass I lift weights on Tuesday’s , a typical feed day for me.

—-
    RT I very glad of your post. Love hearing about it, very encouraging to hear how everyone is making it work for themselves. I’m at 219lbs not losing as much as I calculated I would be here. But I’m getting much stronger , and more able to do more of the fat burning Movements
    http://livehealthy.chron.com/list-anaerobic-aerobic-exercises-5546.html

Keep on Keepin on!

List of Anaerobic & Aerobic Exercises
    by Ryan Mess, Demand Media

Anaerobic intervals is superior to aerobic exercise in power, fat loss, and muscle gain effects.

Aerobic and anaerobic refer to the source of energy being used by your muscles during the activity. In the case of anaerobic — the absence of oxygen — the main energy source is phosphocreatine and glycogen. Aerobic actually means requiring oxygen. Any exercise performed steadily for longer than roughly 2.5 minutes switches into the aerobic phase — the oxidation phase. Anything under that 2.5-minute mark is considered anaerobic.

Since anaerobic involves a sub-three minute work period, any weightlifting movements done in less than that time are considered anaerobic. Strongman competition is a perfect example of anaerobic exercise. No event is longer than 90 seconds, but the fatigue factor is maxed out due to the amount of work being done. For almost all barbell movements, a true 20-rep maximum, or 20RM — the most weight you can lift for 20 repetitions consecutively — will take between 90 and 120 seconds. If you use a lighter weight than your 20RM, you will be able to do more repetitions in the same time period. Any heavier, low-repetition lifts like 10RM, 8RM, and 5RM will also be anaerobic. The true 1RM, 2RM, and 3RM lifts will generally fall in the phosphagen phase of anaerobic work, lasting less than 30 seconds.

Thirty-minute battle rope and battle chain sessions, hiking with a weighted vest or backpack, mountain climbing, and possibly paddle boarding are weighted aerobic exercises that are still functional for fitness gains. When you know that any exercise that lasts longer than 2.5 to three minutes turns into an aerobic exercise — where oxygen is used in the muscles — you can plug in any movement.

Anaerobic muscle-building body-weight exercises would be any gymnastics movements โ€“ pushups, pull-ups, air squats, lunges, hand stands, toes-to-bar โ€“ for anything under 90 reps, depending on the difficulty of the movement. Anaerobic sports would be the 100m, 200m, 400m, and 800m dash in track — and in the pool the 50m, 100m, 200m swim sprints in any stroke, and up to the 400m swim in the freestyle stroke. In road cycling, any 1- to 1.5-mile sprints and shorter would be anaerobic. All ball, puck, and combat sports are anaerobic as well. Even though the duration of the games seems aerobic, the sports are played in sprint interval fashion rather than nonstop steady state movement.

Always considering world class times to decipher the break between anaerobic and aerobic, any running distance over 800m is aerobic. Any swim over 400m and any road bike ride over 1 mile would also be aerobic. Any pedestrian, aquarian, skiing, or cycling sport can be considered either anaerobic or aerobic. As long as you know the time domains of the two metabolic pathways — aerobic and anaerobic — you can plug in any sport. Marathons, triathlons, Ironmans, Tour de France, cross-country skiing and any other ultra-distance race is metabolically aerobic.

Hi all waiting up to pick up younger son but he is not answering phone so am a tad annoyed. Older son has just left with about 8 of his mates to go clubbing! Mmmm I would be happy to hop into bed. Started the day well but I think I went over my limit for a NFD. Oh well back on track tomorrow. A m finding that my stomach has shrunk so am just naturally consuming less. I lost 500 gms this week so need to get moving. Samm am wondering if 4kg weights at home would be a good beginning.
    NickyF good luck tomorrow. I do not live that far from mt lofty. Cannot believe 35 on Friday and now have heater on.

Yes I believe that’s just fine Emil

I lost a post for some reason. But this link should give you a good insight on hand weights

http://m.wikihow.com/Workout-at-Home-Using-Hand-Weights

Well done, RT. Great results in such a short time. Cheers, Bay ๐Ÿ™‚

I love boys and men. Have two sons and three grandsons. Vive le difference! ๐Ÿ˜†

Hi Amazon, May I have the courgette cake recipe, please. I am sure to have a glut later in Summer. Thanks, Bay ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Nicky, Good luck with the fern propagation class. Knock em dead, as they say! Cheers, Bay ๐Ÿ™‚

Sorry All! I’m not a boy hater, honest! It all came about as a result of Hermaj comparing pigs to small boys, cats and curries… My subsequent facetious comments would just as well apply to all small children and not just boys! I find them all alien and scary.
    Think I’ll stop digging now.. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope you’re all having a good day/ night. Just baking biscotti as we’re round at friends tonight for a meal. Should be looking forward to it but all I can think is waah, it will be too much food….

Courgette cake (makes 2 and they freeze well)

4 courgettes grated
    3 eggs
    250ml sunflower oil
    500g sugar (I use 350)
    2 tsps vanilla extract
    225g mashed pineapple (canned is fine)
    500g flour
    2 tsps bicarb
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1 and 1/2 tsps cinnamon
    3/4 tsp nutmeg
    4 oz chopped walnuts
    6 oz raisins

Mix it all together, and divide between two loaf tins.
    180C oven for about an hour, until a skewer comes out clean.

You might like this too. Think Indian flavours

Courgette chutney

1kg courgettes cubed
    2 tblsps salt
    2 medium onions
    4-5 cloves of garlic
    1 red chilli
    25g ginger root
    100ml sunflower oil
    2 tblsps black mustard seeds
    1 tblsp coriander seed
    1 tblsp ground cumin
    1 tblsp turmeric
    300 ml cider vinegar
    225g brown sugar

Salt the courgettes and leave for 2 hours, then rinse and dry them.
    Using a blender, make a paste with the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli.
    Heat the oil in a large pan and add the mustard and coriander seeds.
    After one minute, add the spices followed by the paste and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking.
    Add courgettes, vinegar and sugar, reduce heat and simmer gently for 45 minutes.
    Pack into sterilized jars while chutney is still warm, seal and store in a cool dark place.

This is fab. It is not sweet, gently spiced and goes really well with cheese and cold cuts. When my Adelaide friend last visited we rented a cottage in Wales for a week. As we were planning on picnic lunches, I took a jar of this with us. She loved it so much that she took the recipe home and made it for her friends for Christmas. They all wanted the recipe!

Boys of any age can be tricky, my brother is 59 and he can be a nightmare. I think it’s too late to hope he’ll grow out of it ! ๐Ÿ˜†

Statistics show that of those who contract the habit of eating, very few survive.
    ~George Bernard Shaw

To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Custard: A detestable substance produced by a malevolent conspiracy of the hen, the cow, and the cook.
    ~Ambrose Bierce

An onion can make people cry, but there has never been a vegetable invented to make them laugh
    ~Will Rogers

You are what you eat. For example, if you eat garlic youโ€™re apt to be a hermit.
    ~Franklin P. Jones

A nickelโ€™s worth of goulash beats a five dollar can of Vitamines.
    ~ Martin H. Fischer

There is no sight on earth more appealing than the sight of a woman making dinner for someone she loves.
    ~Thomas Wolfe

You can tell alot about a fellowโ€™s character by his way of eating jellybeans.
    ~ Ronald Reagan

As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists.
    ~Joan Gussow

There are only ten minutes in the life of a pear when it is perfect to eat.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Never work before breakfast; if you have to work before breakfast, eat your breakfast first.
    ~Josh Billings

Itโ€™s so beautifully arranged on the plate โ€“ you know someoneโ€™s fingers have been all over it.
    ~Julia Child..
    (Did I mention that some of these food quotes will inspire you to eat more. But I would advise that eating more need not always be in terms of quantity of the food.)

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.โ€
    ~Mark Twain

The chief pleasure in eating does not consist in costly seasoning, or exquisite flavor, but in yourself.
    ~Horace

You can find your way across this country using burger joints the way a navigator uses stars. ~Charles Kuralt
    (This is something every American can relate to.)

Chowder breathes reassurance. It steams consolation.
    ~Clementine Paddleford

Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.
    ~Doug Larson

A cheerful look makes a dish a feast.
    ~ George Herbert

Worries go down better with soup
    ~ Jewish Proverb

The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later youโ€™re hungry again. ~George Miller

Vegetables are interesting but lack a sense of purpose when unaccompanied by a good cut of meat.
    ~Fran Lebowitz

Fish, to taste right, must swim three times โ€“ in water, in butter, and in wine.
    ~Polish Proverb

Most of the food allergies die under garlic and onion.
    ~Martin H. Fischer

There is no such thing as a little garlic.
    ~A. Baer

Reading without reflecting is like eating without digesting.
    ~ Edmund Burk

Soup is just a way of screwing you out of a meal.
    ~Jay Leno

He was a very valiant man who first adventured on eating oysters.
    ~ James I

Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night.
    ~William Blake

The whole of nature, as has been said, is a conjugation of the verb to eat, in the active and in the passive.
    ~William Ralph Inge

A man may be a pessimistic determinist before lunch and an optimistic believer in the willโ€™s freedom after it.
    ~Aldous Huxley

I eat merely to put food out of my mind.
    ~N.F. Simpson

It is said that the effect of eating too much lettuce is โ€˜soporificโ€™.
    Beatrix Potter

Thanks SAMM.
    My favourite is “There is no such thing as a little garlic.”

Amazon wow 2 sets of b2b is a mean achievement thank you for the encouragement this WOL my body seems to get on very well with fasting.But the biggest change for me has been physiological while the physical you can see measure and the scales tell their own story the man boobs and love handles or shrinking the gut keg the fuel tank for a sex machine ๐Ÿ˜› or the verandah over the toy shop ๐Ÿ˜‰
    The talks I have with myself that this WOL is actually working I dared not to think how low can you go but i have already re adjusted the goal with a belief that i can achieve and its a matter of time only..
    Is very empowering
    Wow heavy ๐Ÿ˜†
    Nama I will expect to see you strut your stuff in the cup day shenanigans
    micro-mini and 10 inch heels you go girl….
    Peace Love and Happiness Everyone
    RT

RT, I’m on a mission as I’m going on holiday on 20th and have set myself a goal. I’ve got another 5lbs (just over two kgs) to go and am determined to do it.
    It isn’t that difficult to do B2B because you must know by now that when you wake up after a fast day you are no hungrier than any other day. And I think you’ll find that Weemam is the queen of B2B on this thread!

This WOL is amazing. They should put it on the school curriculum ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks, Amazon, for the recipe. Is anyone else gluten free? If so, do I replace ordinary flour with the same amount of GF flour? I will experiment. Lovely sunny day. Cheers, Bay ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve made a few gluten free cakes and used the same amount of flour without any disasters. The only problem I encountered was that they don’t seem to rise as well, but with bicarb, baking powder and 3 eggs that shouldn’t be a problem. Good luck and I hope you enjoy it.

Well I hate b2b very much. Or maybe I haven’t found the good combination yet , but yesterday was ok used to it. After ieat just a little. It sets off wave after of hunger pangs. I’ll make it though today, but me thinks I’ll try to find way to do ADF or 4:3. Without b2b. . But I do wish I could.

Good morning all, just a quick hello while waiting for OH to shower before he drops me at Mt Lofty before going to Landcare.

Emel, I live only 10 minutes by car from the garden so I suspect we’re fairly close. Thanks for good wishes and also Bay. Feel much calmer this morning as reviewed notes and plan of action. A little stage fright stops complacency ๐Ÿ™‚

Amazon, thanks for recipe, looks yummy.

SAMM, glad your daughter had fun on Halloween but a horrible experience for your wife. The only visitors we had were the two grandies by arrangement – their mother dropped them at the top of the drive with torches even though it was only dusk. We had added spooky decorations to the drive lights and put a pumpkin on the car with a tea light inside. They’re still only 7 and 4 so it was safely scary.

Have a good day all fasting or non fasting.

Good wishes for today Nicky, knock their socks off!

Had a late night last night (and yes I had a hot choc maccas sundae), left home just after 1pm got home around 12:30am and hit bed about an hour later, up just after 7am so still a big groggy. I’d “saved” enough for the sundae btw ๐Ÿ˜€ as I’d planned on having one at long last … love the macca’s ones but will not have more than one every few months.

Puppies being born this morning too … 3 hefty boys at this time … have to amend FOUR heft boys at this time (another born while writing this. All we want is one nice girl and she’s only giving up boys so far, lol … murphy’s around and doing well ha ha ha ๐Ÿ˜†

Amazon I agree I have done 2 4 day stints and was very surprised at how disinterested in food and or eating at all you become…you go girl
    Bay you are a constant source of motivation and encouragement thanks
    Nicky good news my vege cutter thingamagig arrived Friday woop woop bring on the colour and movement in the kitchen and i wish you well today
    SAMM you have great skills and sound knowledge your number crunching is a benifet to all of us
    And this is on the menu today

http://www.slenderkitchen.com/low-carb-cauliflower-fried-rice/#

Peace
    RT

That looks really good RT, will def try it. We actually had cauliflower mash last night, all I added was some chicken stock and half cup Parmesan to a large steamed cauliflower, blended with the bamix and it was really yum as a side to baked chump chops. No one believed there was no butter in it. Back to winter food in this weather!

Don’t think I will be in a micro mini ever again, that was in the 70’s! And never wear high heels as 5’9″ already! (That may be hard to grasp for someone who does Tom Cruise and Michael Jackson impersonations!)

Thanks for the zucchini recipes Amazon, chutney looks great. I hope to have a glut too, just planted some.
    How exciting to be having puppies Oma! New life is wonderful, whether 2 legged or 4. I hope all goes smoothly for Mum.

Thanks for the humour SAMM, we can never have too much! I love them all.
    Have a lovely Sunday all.

When I first started 5:2 I was just glad to find some diet method to help change myself from 274lbs to someone less. Once I started to realize I was getting results I needed to decide on a goal weight.

I DECIDED
    I decided to get down to the weight I was when I turned 18.

I found this short story as similiar to how I enabled I feel with intermittent fasting way of eating.

Donโ€™t Hope,โ€ฆ Decide!
    by STEPHEN on SEPTEMBER 26, 2008 ยท 192 COMMENTS
    in MARRIAGE, MOTIVATIONAL STORIES

While waiting to pick up a friend at the airport in Portland, Oregon, I had one of those life-changing experiences that you hear other people talk about โ€” the kind that sneaks up on you unexpectedly. This one occurred a mere two feet away from me.

Straining to locate my friend among the passengers deplaning through the jet way, I noticed a man coming toward me carrying two light bags. He stopped right next to me to greet his family.

First he motioned to his youngest son (maybe six years old) as he laid down his bags. They gave each other a long, loving hug. As they separated enough to look in each otherโ€™s face, I heard the father say, โ€œItโ€™s so good to see you, son. I missed you so much!โ€ His son smiled somewhat shyly, averted his eyes and replied softly, โ€œMe, too, Dad!โ€

Then the man stood up, gazed in the eyes of his oldest son (maybe nine or ten) and while cupping his sonโ€™s face in his hands said, โ€œYouโ€™re already quite the young man. I love you very much, Zach!โ€ They too hugged a most loving, tender hug.

While this was happening, a baby girl (perhaps one or one-and-a-half) was squirming excitedly in her motherโ€™s arms, never once taking her little eyes off the wonderful sight of her returning father. The man said, โ€œHi, baby girl!โ€ as he gently took the child from her mother. He quickly kissed her face all over and then held her close to his chest while rocking her from side to side. The little girl instantly relaxed and simply laid her head on his shoulder, motionless in pure contentment.

After several moments, he handed his daughter to his oldest son and declared, โ€œIโ€™ve saved the best for last!โ€ and proceeded to give his wife the longest, most passionate kiss I ever remember seeing. He gazed into her eyes for several seconds and then silently mouthed. โ€œI love you so much!โ€ They stared at each otherโ€™s eyes, beaming big smiles at one another, while holding both hands.

For an instant they reminded me of newlyweds, but I knew by the age of their kids that they couldnโ€™t possibly be. I puzzled about it for a moment then realized how totally engrossed I was in the wonderful display of unconditional love not more than an armโ€™s length away from me. I suddenly felt uncomfortable, as if I was invading something sacred, but was amazed to hear my own voice nervously ask, โ€œWow! How long have you two been married?

โ€œBeen together fourteen years total, married twelve of those.โ€ he replied, without breaking his gaze from his lovely wifeโ€™s face. โ€œWell then, how long have you been away?โ€ I asked. The man finally turned and looked at me, still beaming his joyous smile. โ€œTwo whole days!โ€

Two days? I was stunned. By the intensity of the greeting, I had assumed heโ€™d been gone for at least several weeks โ€“ if not months. I know my expression betrayed me.

I said almost offhandedly, hoping to end my intrusion with some semblance of grace (and to get back to searching for my friend), โ€œI hope my marriage is still that passionate after twelve years!โ€

The man suddenly stopped smiling.

He looked me straight in the eye, and with forcefulness that burned right into my soul, he told me something that left me a different person. He told me, โ€œDonโ€™t hope, friendโ€ฆ decide!โ€ Then he flashed me his wonderful smile again, shook my hand and said, โ€œGod bless!โ€

Morning/evening all.

Nicky, I hope all went well today, and that once you got going it was enjoyable.

AO, I hope you got your girl!

My treat yesterday was red wine, slightly more than I intended but very enjoyable.

It is a bright but very breezy morning, and the forecast says rain so indoor pursuits today.

Jojo, if you’re reading this, I hope you are having a good time ๐Ÿ˜›

Have a good day/evening ๐Ÿ™‚

Broke my 2 day fast this morning with a dark chocolate bar from the Halloween candy.
    I got the chicken legs in the pressure cooker.to eat when watching football. Today, and made homemade pumpkin seeds, two good zinc foods.

For dinner I hope to eat a ribeye, asparagus, and sweet potato . Using the hand weights today .

Hola Amigoes,

I just though I would post to let you all know that I am alive and kicking and having a great time. Sadly we only have wifi in reception at โ‚ฌ1 per 30 mins but to be honest I have been so busy since I arrived I have not had time to read or post. The weather is georgeous, the men handsome, the food fattening, the drinks plentiful and the dancing is all night. What with the bowls every morning, visits every afternoon entertainment every evening until 1 am I am pretty bushed.

The tour rep is making romantic overtones and he is very nice so I may take up his offer of dinner. My group are a lively bunch and very good company. All in all the holiday is proving to be much better than my expectations. My friend who lives in Spain stayed with me last night we laughed all evening, it was great. The vegetarian food in the hotel is not great but the salad and fish is good so I am not starving. I am skipping one of the three meals a day on offer but suspect I will gain a few pounds nevertheless. Back to ADF when I return.

This trip has been good for my self confidence which was a bit low before I left.

Missing you all very much and looking forward to York. I promise to read back posts tomorrow night.

Muchos besos

Jojo xxxx

Awww SAMM that was a lovely story xx
    AO did you get the wee girl ?

can anyone tell me ?are butternut squash seeds high in carbs? I haven’t used them yet but I hate waste ๐Ÿ˜› .

I have been in a clearing out/tidy up mood today and I was cold but now I think steam is coming off me lol .

packed away 3 boxes of summer shoes( I love shoes) and put all my winter boots in their place in the back cupboard on shelves . So proud of myself lol . OH helped me by putting things on the HIGH shelves .he doesn’t even need the step stool lol .

This week I have done BTB then 2 days in between then another fast 4.3 . Think that’s why I have more energy ๐Ÿ™‚

I have lost another pound so 31 in total on 5.2

Years ago I lost 5 stone all accept 4 pounds and I put about 3 stone of that back on over time . So although I never dreamt I could, I am going for the 5 stone loss (that is now 17 pounds to go ) That will still be over what they say BUT I am older and the elasticity has gone (well gone ) years ago . I will see how it goes .

Well done all of you and thanks a million for being there and all the encouragement . I would never have gotten this far without all of you.

Wee xx

Great to hear from you Jojo, and I’m pleased to here that you are having fun ๐Ÿ˜›
    Weemam, I’ve been trying on clothes today to see what fits for my trip to Cuba. I can’t pack the summer stuff away until after that.

I feel the same as you do about the people on this thread. I might have got this far, but it would have taken much longer, and been a real struggle.
    I’m disappointed that I won’t be in York, but I’ll definitely be in Glasgow!

My back continues to trouble me so I’m off to see an osteopath tomorrow. Fingers crossed she can provide some relief as the pain is beginning to get me down.

I’m trying to decide what to have for dinner this evening. I roasted a chicken yesterday so I’ll have some of that, but I’ve no idea what to have with it.
    I might make some oven chips ๐Ÿ™‚

Amazon I am looking forward to meeting you all pal I am not going to York either ๐Ÿ™ . I hope your appointment goes OK . ..

Jojo I am so pleased you are having fun . Enjoy every minute pal ..

Wee xx

Weemam you are a trial blazer and if i had a tad more confidence ๐Ÿ˜ฏ i would say a rebel however BTB 2 day break then roll into a 4-3 ill have what she’s having ๐Ÿ˜† i did chat with my friend Mr Google and he tells me 5 stone is 31.75kg wow thats amazing your a credit to you and inspiration for the rest of us…
    RT

Hi everyone … wow what a day yesterday … no girls in that litter as the total was four and all boys. Nevermind that’s life and breeding ๐Ÿ™‚

With all the whelping going on and the clean up etc etc, then had both our son’s over for a time … both helping OH with some things which was nice of them … then later one of our sons came back with one of his sons, then a friend came over, then my mother then the other son with his two girls so OH and I were exhausted last night … oh yes, forgot one of our other girls had managed to cut herself Saturday night and so she had to have emergency surgery yesterday too (she’d seen the vet Sat night but as she’d eaten couldn’t have the op then).

So, now we have one girl in a crate inside, one in the whelping room and four in their usual places. Youngest son is coming over after taking eldest to school to keep an eye on the two not in their usual places so at least we know they’ll be okay.

Such a lot of things to catch up on in here … Jojo glad you’re enjoying more than expected, that’s always a bonus.

Wee sounds like me, I am a little height challenged too, not as much as yourself but I can never reach stuff on the top shelves in my pantry without assistance of some sort.

Amazon I hope your back gets sorted, such a nasty thing that pain is, in particular back pain.

RT glad to see you’re on track ๐Ÿ™‚ as is SAMMn (loved the story btw so inspiring).

I’ve got extra things I need to do this morning before work so I’ll have to run (have to make scrambled eggs for my nursing mum).

Viewing 50 posts - 3,601 through 3,650 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.