Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,151 through 3,200 (of 16,657 total)

• Hi All,
    I took some time out to read my genealogy book and have some fascinating facts for you. I hope this doesn’t bore you, I found it interesting.

If your grand parent was born in Ireland you are entitled to an Irish passport, who knew? Mine was born here one year after arrival from Tipperary.

UK families are probably all related to Prince William and the commoners of Kate Middletons family.

One in ten people would like to live in the place their ancestors lived even if they haven’t visited the area.

The people of Kent(me) and those of Scotland have the same Celtic DNA and we are both two thirds Germanic and one third Viking. What do you think of that Weemam and Tartan Lass? Cousins after all albeit distant.

All Europeans are descended from one of 7 women( called Eve’s )

Book title – solving genealogy problems by Graeme Davis – fascinating.

Chat later
    Sunny but very windy here now, almost gales.

Good Morning everyone . I have been sat here for ages posting all the photos on my desktop and really loving putting names to faces . .

I love reading all the posts because they are all so positive . Really cold here today . OH is feeling a lot better today and has gone our for a wee while and that is brilliant that he feels up to it .

Jojo I love this thread and I thank you so much for starting it :).

Samm I love all the information you give us .

I was just saying to OH today that I can’t remember the last day that the RA was so bad I was almost crying . This used to happen all the time but it is only a wee niggle now . I know it is loosing the weight that is taking the strain off the joints . I just love this way of life .
    You all look so nice and so happy in your pictures . It will still take me a wee while to put your names here together with your (real) names BUT I have always been rubbish with names .

I have been meaning to say for some time about Ross . You all know he has CP . Not in a wheelchair though . the CP affects most of his body but it has never held him back . On FB you will see him in my pictures doing a Karate display at his local Gala day . he also did Tai Chi and Qi Gong,not bad for someone they said would not live or if by some miracle he did that he would be more or less a vegetable . very proud Mam here .

I wanted to go out today but waiting for plumber who said morning . now 12:15 . seems morning is up until 1 PM in some places … daft ..

FD for me today . tummy is rumbling already lol .

Have a greatday everyone 🙂

Wee xx

Jojo my OH grandparents came from Ireland . He has always wanted to go there but we are not really able to travel much now .

I hope you do go out in the sunshine today , The sun does you a lot of good ( feel good factor )

Wee xx

Hi Weemam.

I’m enjoying putting faces and names together too. I avoid the camera at all costs unless I am taking photos, but my Adelaide friend wasn’t having any nonsense and insisted on taking several photos of me when I was with her, which is good or I wouldn’t have one less than about 10 years old to post 😆

FD for me too, and I’m having a big mug of coffee and a glass of water to stave off hunger pangs.

I love to take photos . I have lots of the family and especially my Dad and our Grandchildren

I think you all look so lovely and so happy with all of them on the links 🙂 xx

Hi All,
    What great news for paralysis victims, regeneration of spinal nerve endings. They have put a bridge in and finally walking may be possible. Now this is spectacular news.
    Research professor from Keele University.

There is a programme on tv tonight, Horizon, can’t wait to view it.

Jojo xx

Nicky are you there? Some of us sent email to the Yorkie group (12 on the list) but yours came back undelivered.

Lizzypb

Hi All,
    Got out for a walk with the dogs and got totally soaked, even had to change my underwear, just what I needed, a chill. It was worth it though.

Just sat down for a nice hot cuppa and watched a new programme with Esther Williams and Len from strictly come dancing. They went to the Isle of Wight to relive a childhood first holiday of hers. I have always wanted to visit there and am now absolutely determined, it looks wonderful and plenty of sights to see. I believe they have a wonderful Art Deco hotel.

Break over, back to my heap of clothes otherwise there will be no bed for me tonight, so bored with sorting and trying on clothes now. Should have just done one wardrobe, typical me, biting off more than I can chew.
    Jojo xx

Hi Lizzy,

So it’s not just me. 🙂 My Reply All email sent mid-morning also bounced back from Nicky. I’ve asked Purple to forward the message to Nicky and to let me have the correct address.

jojo, I heard a prof from University College London (UCL) speaking about it on Beeb radio this morning. He was confident that this was the start of something very important. The op happened in Poland and an Anglo-Polish team of doctors put the whole process together. Who would have thought that nerve tissue from the nose could be used to such brilliant effect?

Sorry to hear you had a nasty restaurant experience. Do you ever drink camomile tea for an upset tum? True, I lace it with honey, which is not exactly low-cal, but if you aren’t up to eating much, it probably doesn’t matter.

I’m going to go back and read through all your interesting geneological research. It really is time I got off my bum and started looking at my ancestry. During our visit to our rellies in the Forest of Dean, as always, my cousin and I – our dads were brothers – got talking about embarking on some research.

My OH made a start on his and inadvertently discovered that his mum had been rather a naughty lady in her youth. In her maturity she always seemed somewhat saintly, so she and Hermaj did not really get along. I wouldn’t think of breaking any confidences, let’s just say she shot right up in my estimation and we are now good friends, although I’m sure she doesn’t realise I know about her interesting past. Somehow, I can’t help feeling if she did, we would have a friendly, girlie giggle about it.

When you are in your mid-90s and not as well as you used to be, I suspect looking back to your misspent youth must be a source of pleasure. I should be all right then. 🙂

The end of Nicky’s email address should be .com.au and I noticed that some of you have .com.aus, and that’ll be why they are being bounced back.

Just eaten the other half of the stuffed squash, and I can’t believe how full I feel after only 350 calories. I think there might be something to this 5:2 whatd’yamacallit diet thingy 😉

Hi bay,

I’m reading, in no particular order, the posts and emails that have accumulated while I was walking through the woods in the West of England, admiring the autumn colours,and actually losing just over a pound, despite eating a few naughty things. Just to let you know I’m on the case re Spanish courses and will get back to you asap.

My own learning process was somewhat eccentric. I began in Spain itself, listening to people speak and responding in words of one syllable but looking at Berlitz course books and school grammar books at the same time. Then I lived and worked in Spain teaching English as a foreign language, before returning to London and getting a job in a Spanish bank, which included a one-year job swap with a Spanish girl.

I was eventually fluent enough in both speech and writing to be put in with the native speakers by the time I got to uni. I confess a certain number of Spanish gentlemen were involved along the way. 😉 I eventually married (the first time around)a semi-Spaniard, brother of a colleague.

Amazon, I’m right with you when it comes to photos so I won’t frighten everyone with mine. I scrub up quite well, but in photos I look truly appalling. You can all judge for yourselves when we meet in York and/or Glasgow.

You were absolutely right about the beauty of the Forest of Dean. This was our fourth visit in three years, but we had never been in autumn before. The colours of the forest itself were still quite subdued, but our rellies took us to the National Arboretum: http://www.forestry.gov.uk/westonbirt where the trees were spectacular.

PS You were spot on about Nicky’s email address, i.e. aus. instead of au. I was one of the offenders. Thanks for noticing.

hermaj, I love Westonbirt and have been there on several occasions at different times of year. Autumn is glorious.I have friends in Gloucestershire and they used to take me when I visited them. I also took my Adelaide friend there a few years ago, when she came over here during October.

I’m sure you don’t look appalling in photos. We don’t see ourselves as others do, and invariably look much better than we think.

I took a look at Nicky’s email address because none of the emails I’ve sent were bounced back 🙂

Hi Hermajtomomi, you will need to find us then as we won’t recognise you. Seriously though we will need to exchange mobile numbers before we meet up.

Thanks for the advice, actually I drink camomile and honey tea all the time. Stomach ok now ta. It’s been an age since I had a stomach upset, I used to suffer all the time. Fasting has been great for my health.

Off to choir now, carols yippee.
    Winter wonderland ah!

Come on Hermaj! We’ve shown you ours, now you show us yours!

Hope you had a great weekend. Did you find a good pub? Westonbirt is lbeautiful at this time of year. What a pity the Forest trees are still looking dull, but as I said, they are turning late this year. We’ve obviously been lucky as the trees near us are looking lovely

Smiffy and Amazon,

It’s very sweet of you to say I probably don’t look appalling in photos. I and OH met through Time Out Lonely Hearts – mid-80s, a bit before online dating – and he freely admitted that if I had sent him a photo he wouldn’t have bothered to reply. Face to face was quite another matter. A bit of role reversal took place, he noticed my big blue eyes, I noticed his neat bum and nice legs. 😉

I have to say every single one of you looks fantastic. The first piccie I saw was jojo. You look very much like my favourite prof at Birkbeck, a delightful Canadian architectural historian, who gave me my best mark and the most flattering comments ever and also proved very helpful and supportive throughout my time there. She was also in her early 40s – so take the likeness as a big compliment, jojo. 😉 I can see Angela Pleasance in Lizzy, but I think Lizzy is better-looking.

I did in fact write a post about our time in the FoD when we arrived home yesterday but, knackered as I was, I forgot to press the submit key. 🙁 Smiffy, I did tell my cuz about the Wyndham Arms, but he had also been recommended by a friend to try The Woodman in Parkend http://www.woodman-parkend.co.uk/ and had already booked us a table for Sunday night.

Good choice. Great traditional British grub, well prepared and presented in ginormous portions. Luckily we all decided to forego starters to leave room for pud. No puds were ordered after the gargantuan mains. I opted for game stew, which seemed like a good option as game tends to be lean. It was indeed yummy and very filling. Despite the odd bit, – correction, a lot – of naughtiness in the form of cakes and biscuits over the weekend, I came home a little over a lb lighter. All that walking, I guess.

The Forest was still lovely but not yet very colourful. The National Arboretum more than made up for it. I would certainly go back. What is there to see in the summer, Amazon? OH and I, both total ignoramuses, or is it ignorami? 🙂 when it comes to trees, were trying to work out what there would be and guessed there might be trees in bloom, but could get no further.

To get back to York. I haven’t yet read all the posts and emails from when I was away, but I did see the suggestion of meeting up at Betty’s in Harrogate – there are also two branches in York, but of course Harrogate is the original.

Excellent idea but I need some advice re logistics, please. I’ve booked my London-York return and my train gets into York at 13.13. As I’m staying in a private room I still need to check with the host – a pleasant-sounding guy named Ian who has also been doing 5:2 with some success – about finding it, arrival time, collecting keys, dumping luggage, etc. I shall be travelling light but prefer not to lug it around unless it’s unavoidable.

I could, of course, change at York and go straight to Harrogate but might arrive far too early. Or I could try to cadge a lift from someone who’s coming from York on her own four wheels. Whatever is easier for the majority. Once I know I can consult with Ian about keys and luggage.

This is going to be great fun. Also by then I shall know whether I’m Hermaj MA or not. Fingers crossed.

Hermaj xx

Hi jojo,

I saw your post about the skipping challenge. By coincidence, I bought a rope at the weekend!

I looked up some ‘routines’, most of which it turns out require a greater degree of coordination than I possess… I have however mastered jumping up and down with both feet…

I don’t mind skipping, but I don’t like all the wobbling 😆

Hermaj, I’m quoting from Westonbirt website, as they put it very well,

“In spring the arboretum comes alive with magnificent displays of rhododendrons, azaleas and magnolias in the Old Arboretum and the wildflowers, bluebells and cherry trees in Silk Wood.

The summer heralds the arrival of many of our grassland flowers on the downs, whilst the trees within the Old Arboretum and Silk Wood provide cool leafy glades to play, wander and relax in.

Autumn happens with a bang with one of the best natural fireworks displays in Britain! Our famous Japanese maples in particular are ablaze in reds, oranges and yellows.

Winter at Westonbirt is a magical experience, particularly when seen on a frosty day when the deep peaceful greens of our conifers and richly patterned barks, such as the dogwoods, take centre stage.”

Hermaj,

I absolutely hate photos of me. I always had a big moon face, and now gravity is starting to take it’s toll…

I have a big smile, which makes my cheeks podgy (a previous boyfriend used to say I was storing nuts!).

Some people are stunning in pictures, some of us need animation to shine!

Hi Hermaj/Jojo/Smiffy and email chums and everyone on the forums 😀

Thanks for the compliment Hermaj 🙂 that photo is a rare one! I need to renew my passport this year and getting the photo done is a scary prospect! I’m really looking forward to the York trip. All I need is for our expected new arrival to stay put until his due date (15th Dec) 😀 I looked at the train times for York to Harrogate. Smiffy and I will be in York earlier than you Hermaj, so we could meet you and find your accommodation then we three could go to meet Jojo in H’gate and eat at Betty’s. There are loads of trains. That’s just one idea. We’ll need to thrash out some sort of plan.

I dropped another 2lb after my last fast day but it’s the same 2lb that went back on while I was training for my grading and stressing over energy levels! I can’t describe how relaxed I feel now it’s over. Did your OH worry and fret before his instructor exam? I never stressed so much over academic exams!

Lizzypb

Hi Happy
    I agree about photos. I’m a very unlucky subject when it comes to photos. I rarely see one of me I like. Some of the worst ones have apparently been good likenesses according to friends! That’s scary….
    Lizzypb

No wonder we all post on an anonymous forum! All these camera shy folk. Remember, you walk down the street every day showing total strangers your face. Trust your friends to like you for the ‘content of your character not the colour of your skin’. (MLK)
    Cheers my beautiful fast mates P 😆

Although I dislike intensely any photo’s of me I love the way you put it PVE and it’s so very true 🙂 maybe it’s a little something to do with disliking how we currently are??? Not sure, I may be way off the track as I’m no psychologist or whatever just I know that because I’m not happy with where I am at the moment I really do not like having photo’s taken but as I get smaller I will probably be more accepting of having photo’s taken IYKWIM.

Hi AO
    Sure but I have tons of pics of fatty Purple and virtually none of the new scrawnier me, even though I’ve been at goal for 6 months. I’m too busy photographing grandkids and scenery not me. Fasting today. Must keep active. Cheers P

Hmm, unfortunately for me the body has shrunk pleasingly but the face remains the same! Now I’m in maintenance I’m pretty happy with most things from the shoulders downwards…Photograph of my hips anyone…?!

There’s an idea for Hermaj! She can send round a picture of her favourite bit, and then make sure it’s on view in York to facilitate recognition!

Love it Happy, lol 😀

As I said Purple it may just be me 😀

Sadly, even considerably slimmer, I still look bloody awful – just in a different way. In the mirror, I like and am actually quite proud if what I see. I’ve yet to find a camera that agrees. 🙁

Him Indoors, in less than happy mood, once suggested that if I was that bothered, I should buy myself ‘an effing burka’. What a cheek from the guy who said that had he seen a photo he wouldn’t have wanted to know me!

Happy, to show my best bit – the eyes – a burka would show them to advantage. 🙂

When learning to jumprope the first time. Go for the goal jumping three minutes without stopping
    It’s ok if you get winded if you’re in good health.

To get the benefit of jumprope ,prior to mastering it at moderate pace. Either keep jumping without skipping,but swinging the rope at your side.

Or simply start doing jumping jacks at slow rate until you catch you’re breath.

I kept my sessions to ten minutes on on timer. Wether I was skipping or doing jumping jacks.

Eventually after 10 months I’m up to nealy 8 minutes of continous jumping.
    So after watching dr miceal Mosley’s video ” the truth about exercise” I’m doing the HIIT with jumprope on feed days at least once after my last meal of the day. Or shortly before the last meal.

This is my understanding that it lowers fat in the blood. Which arrests visceral fat.

So in the winter months I can find a good place to jumprope and do stability ball, and kettle ball to keep on Keepin on.

Did my suggestion for the ladies to go out dancing together in York go unnoticed?

Since I’m not coming ,I thought I would be mum on the subject.

Lizzy, in his passport photo Him Indoors looks like Harold Shipman while I have the look of Myra Hindley about me – a more evil-looking pair you can’t imagine.

Thanks very much for your suggestion which sounds absolutely brilliant, if Smiffy agrees. It would be nice if you were to accompany me to my digs. As I said earlier, the host is a 5:2 man, so hopefully we can spare a few minutes to chat. If he turns out to be what my mum would have called a ‘jaw-me-dead’, we do have an appointment in Harrogate. 🙂 Once we firm up our arrangments I’ll get in touch with him to arrange a time when he’ll be there to hand over the key, etc.

Samm…I think they would expect you to arrive with a skipping rope rather than dancing shoes.
    Your workouts exhaust me 🙂 P

Hi Purple

Can you post the SMH article here for Samm, please.

Many thanks, Bay 🙂

Sure Bay
    Samm..The smh article on skipping breakfast:http://www.smh.com.au/national/-119g40.html
    Everyone is discussing it on the radio. The researcher said it reduces visceral fat by only eating between 12 and 8 ..HappyNow has been pushing this for ages. He also reckoned it wasn’t suitable for diabetics. He’s quite wrong! Cheers P

Thanks, Purple

Are you going to call in or blog to dispute the so called facts re diabetes? It is eye opening just how much push back there is from devotees of lots of little meals and from people who think that fasting is bad for you.

Cheers, Bay 😆

Thanks, Hermaj, looking forward to learning some Spanish so we can go to South America and get by. I don’t expect a miracle, but it will keep the grey cells challenged. 😆 Bay

Hi Lizzy

Since we haven’t been able to smile during a passport photo, I have looked like a prison escapee. 😆
    One of the immigration people said to me one time, that They couldn’t have taken a worse photo of me!

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Hi Bay
    I have sent several messages to the radio station re fasting and diabetes but they only read part of them.
    They were also having a go at the well known radio announcer on their station who has had wonderful and very public success with 5:2. Funny how people scream about the ‘obesity epidemic’ but undermine someone who has cracked it. P

Hi Hermaj and Bayleaf and fellow photophobes 🙂
    The tragedy is that my current passport photo is 10 years old and surprisingly flattering, to the extent that I’m surprised I haven’t been challenged as an imposter going through security at the airport! I know I’ll never get another decent one. I’ve tried already!

Lizzypb

Good evening all,
    Just finished watching the programme about spinal nerve regeneration, Panorama programme. Now those professors really deserve a medal. Incredible results. Seems nothing is impossible, I was in tears at the end. This is such a breakthrough.

I haven’t mentioned it before but due to a epidural injection when I was in labour with my first child I was semi paralysed in my legs for almost three months. This may not seem like very long to you but it made life very hard with a young baby. Fortunately the nerves regenerated. I was left with problems during the first year, I fell down the stairs several times when my legs just gave out withou warning. Obviously I could never risk carrying my baby which was very sad. Eventually I recovered about 90 %, left with numbness in fingers, knees in particular, not complaining. It could all have been so much worse.

Now then you camera shy friends, all you need is photography tips.

Firstly – cover your neck, scarves work well
    Secondly – decide your best side and stand at a slight angle
    Thirdly – take the shot from above and look up slightly.
    Fourthly – smiles are not necessary, moody can be Sexy
    Fifthly – don’t go in too close, shows the wrinkles
    Finally – use photoshop to touch up, takes 10 years off.

Let me see how it turns out.
    Jojo xx

P.S.
    Samm, I did answer your dancing question, I am up for it for sure.
    Are you joining us on Facebook?

Poor you Jojo. How sad to lose those months with your baby. Spines are so precious, this new research is indeed a wonderful breakthrough.
    Interesting photo tips. My brother photoshopped all his childhood pics to “improve” himself. We are what we are!
    I had an id for a club I loved. I was REALLY intoxicated when the photo was taken. I was devastated when they automatically replaced it after 5 years.
    I’m in stitches over your’prison escapee’ description B! Fasting. Must walk. P

Jojo, those who bite off more than they can chew, also known as “dream big,” “believe in themselves’,” and “have the confidence to take on anything,” GET MORE DONE!

Jojo, can you try to send me a link to that program? I usually cannot get the UK or Aussie links, even through iTunes, but you know the subject is near and dear to my heart, so I would like to give it a try. Xoxo and thanks.

Re dislike of photos of oneself: I think we have all had this experience, but it have almost never looked at a photo of someone else and seen anything but positive things. Surely we are too self-critical!

Just to say also, I love skipping though I couldn’t challenge SAMM’s eight minutes continuous workout. Skipping was very popular when I was a little girl (round about the time when Adam was a lad!) It was that and hula hoops back in the late 1950s and early 60s. These were cheap toys that gave us hours of fun outdoors. I read a report today about a huge rise in cases of rickets here in the UK because children don’t go outside much any more. I have a posh weighted hoop that lives the life of a hermit in my spare room and several skipping ropes somewhere hidden away but I do get outside with my dog 🙂 Note to self: look out those skipping ropes…
    Lizzypb

Lizzie, they are even finding Vit D deficiency in Aussies these days. ..this the land of skin cancer..because everyone covers up TOO MUCH. There’s always something. ….
    I always got my class out skipping, hopping, running whenever I could. Also did yoga stretches with them as it kept them calm and me supple 🙂 P

And I agree with you, ply, we are too critical of ourselves. The IF WOE has helped me to get rid of the nasty pad of fat that was across my shoulders. It made me look round shouldered. I’ve been hyperaware of it and hated it for years and years and always looked for ways to disguise it (I blamed it on heredity [my mother had it exactly the same] and poor posture but it’s more or less gone now having dropped 16lb of fat). I was discussing this with a fellow faster today and he said, “Liz, I never noticed it was there…” So yes, I suppose it’s easy to obsess about things…

Lizzypb

Thank you for the link.
    http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/study-finds-skipping-breakfast-helps-reduce-weight-20141021-119g40.html

I’m a firm believer in skipping a meal, but not the nutrition.

I guess if I look at mine own approach it would be I don’t really like counting calories , but if I want control I just have too! Then I figure out how I tend to eat. When I wake up, at lunch break, and the family time meal. But which one to skip? Or replace with fewer calories. I tend to cheat most at lunch time. So I keep the schedule. I have more will power in morning. So I skip the morning routine of more than 250 calories. This is super easy to implement. Leaving two more 500 cal meals and a fruit snack on feed days. By choosing foods that trickle sugars rather than gush , – found on the glycemic index. I have energy even when walking all day.

Even my choice of feed day seems more strategic than fast days. I simply can’t fast on Sunday’s

My work dictates my energy needs, a lot walking and to be competitive with coworkers in need those fruits on breaks, they gush sugars,but I tend to have the energy to start doing sprints during the walking.
    Sprints as you can google, burns fat directly. It’s not a metabolism call for fat. So I’m keen to do the exercises that do in fact use fat for fuel. Also to target those muscles for strength training that can do the anaerobic exercise making the most out my exercise efforts.

http://www.active.com/fitness/articles/aerobic-vs-anaerobic-exercise-which-is-best-to-burn-more-fat
    Recommended reading

Though when I began intermittent fasting I was sedentary , I keep strengthening the muscle groups that do help walking and sprinting as well as the muscles that. Help keep my balance so I’m not as likely to fall. And become injured.

So after a lot of reading I decided I’m a creature of habits. And made fasting a habit. Placing the fast days into my schedule when they are most likely to succeed. So I aim for 3 days a week. However on weeks when I don’t fast , I keep the same schedule! Instead of fasting I still cut my calories to about half my TDEE those same three days. I’ve found many foods that seem to enjoy that are low in calories to fit the calorie restriction objective, but doesn’t feel restricted at all. Then when I ready to start fasting again the routine is already there and I thrive even on fast days. I’m simply already used to it.

I’m diabetic, but I’m not on Meds , I use my knowledge of foods to lose weight but sugar levels in low 100S range. So I may be putting in more effort than a typical short term dieter. Thanks to the Internet , finding the information on what to intake and what to avoid is practically mindless as I have many authority figures in diet, exercise , and diabetes emailing me from on their daily blogs.

However I have to say this. When I go to a grocery store. I seem to just melt away from the knowledge I’ve learned. For many reasons , I found a new way to shop online for my foods and have delivered. With only the meats missing. This saves me so much time, and I believe money as I don’t impulse buy either.
    More time preparing foods than shopping or them. More time to measure things out and journal .

I gained 2 lbs , but there’s been a lot of travel time , and family gatherings at buffets. I’m not going to lose the weight I was hoping to lose by thanksgiving in November. But I feel as if I need to get to the 60lbs of fat loss before taking the holidays break so I have 6 lbs to lose in 5 weeks I’ll be at 214lbs hopefully.
    The final goal will be to become 1lb underweight. But on January 2nd I’ll be trying to get to 199 lbs before march 6th the second anniversary of starting 5:2. That would be great to have lost 75lbs in two years while eating at buffets all long lol.

However on the side notes of success is I’ve been better at making fish. Even my daughter likes it now.
    I learned to make it in a crock pot outside . It’s basically a lemon butter with garlic and Serrano peppers.
    I serve milk with the hot peppered fish.

Hi Purple
    What age group did you teach? I taught infants (up to 7 years old) and loved it but I feel sorry for young teachers today. There’s not much joy in it any more. Statistics show 40% of NQTs (newly qualified teachers) here in the UK leave teaching in the first five years after college.
    Lizzypb

Hi all, just quick hello as still very busy with ec.bot lectures preparations.

Sorry emails bounced, downloaded my emails last night for first time since Sunday – 56 of them! What busy bees you all are. Thanks so much for photos. Will send mind probably tomorrow when this work rubbish is finished for the week.

Will also catch up with all posts – you’re such a busy lot.

Thanks again, Nicky xx

Hi again, just to confirm, my email is <name>@<ISP>.net.au

not com.au and not com.aus

Cheers, n.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,151 through 3,200 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.